Deception II: The Deceptening - Game Thread - Final Round, ready to run!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 21, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightOwl35

The hint on corpse options are: Head, chest, hand, leg, partial, all over.

The hint on the corpse is: Chest.

Madame Professor

Hmm, Necklace is the only thing that really screams Chest to me...

I had dismissed the Locked Room before, because I just could t wrap my head around it, but maybe Mjnty was in to something...

-is so confused-
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

yugi006

The thing with the locked room is can you die from a mental illness? If the locked room is it I think Blood would be a better choice than necklace cause the heart is in the chest and pumps blood in and out. Could also fit with the hospital clue.

There are only 2 more clues left which will be the replacement clues so I'll wait on those before guessing.

Mintprincess

Can Rpguy please update the clues in play at the top cuz it's hard to keep flipping around.  <3

Galactic Druid

Just did, as well as sent NightOwl his next clue draw. Sorry for the delay, everyone. I haven't been feeling super well...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

mia h

Still no idea, but chest doesn't suggest the Liquid Drug that would be more arm. Radiation maybe cause chest x-ray. I dunno.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

SunshineSparkle

Clue n°3 made me think of Remi's Headphones and Mint's notebook, yet I couldn't connect them all to the previous clues. N° 4, 5 and 6 point toward different suspects as well.

While my Plague and Mint's Radiation had links to the first two clues, I see Remi and Mint have more connection with the rest.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

NightOwl35

Clue #3: victim's identity - child, young adult, middle aged, senior, male, female.

The trace at the scene options are: Fingerprint, Footprint, Bruise, Blood Stain, Bodily Fluid, Scar

The trace at the scene was: Fingerprint

mia h

Now if I was correct earlier about narrowing down to three possible methods, and nobody has found a reason to add to them (which doesn't mean there isn't one).
Then we have
Liquid Drug
Video Game Console
Radiation

The chest clue seems to cross off the Liquid Drug. Not sure that Fingerprint helps as such but getting rid of Young Adult points away from the Game Console.
That would leave Notebook, Mosquito Coil & Tea Leaves as the evidence.
The Mosquito Coil doesn't really fit any of the clues. Both of the other at least sort of fit Relaxation.

So official guess time it was Professor Plum in the Library with the Candlestick, er wrong game. Minty with Irradiated Tea Leaves.

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

I see the logic. I really do.  But it's not radiation. Pleeeeeeeease use your guesses on someone else :(

mia h

At this point part of me is betting it's the Sniper and the Puppet, as it make as much sense as any of the other options.

Madame Professor

The largest we problem we have right now is that we have a few silent players... This isn't helpful for the investigators, especially if my suspicions are correct.

With all of the clues... I'm torn between Plague and Locked Room. Though right now, I'm leaning more towards Locked Room and Necklace or Cup.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mintprincess

Well someone can take a guess on the plague?

We also have to realize that sometimes you get a clue board where nothing fits and you have to take your best stab.

If we go with the first two clues, plague and surgical mask still fit the best. Might be worth someone's guess?

mia h

Except that Plague and Surgical Mask might fit with Illness & Hospital but they fit with any of the 5 other clues, so that would be a really bad move.
The chest doesn't fit either but Surgical Mask & Head would have made sense.

Mintprincess

Yeah true.  But what does fit then? Locked room and necklace? Not sure how that fits with relaxation. 

Madame Professor

Mintprincess

Quote from: Madame Professor on March 30, 2016, 11:21:10 AM
And surgical mask does?   ???
lol. I guess that's why I said just the first two.  Chest doesn't fit it either.  I think I'm just at a loss. :(

mia h

Madame Professor

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 30, 2016, 11:33:35 AM
lol. I guess that's why I said just the first two.  Chest doesn't fit it either.  I think I'm just at a loss. :(

Yeah... I'm really interested in what clue Nighty covers up with his last clue.

Mintprincess

Quote from: mia h on March 30, 2016, 11:34:18 AM
You mean besides Radiation and Notebook? :P
so guess it lol.  It won't be right.   I'm just an investigator sorry.   I hate seeing the team use three guesses on me, but if that will finally eliminate me as the suspect then go for it.

Remiel

The Fingerprint seems to certainly point to the Video Game Console or the Puppet, as those are both things that actively involve the fingers.  However, it is worth noting that Nighty covered up the Young Adult clue, so he must have thought we were on the wrong track with that one. 

I must confess I'm really scratching my head at this juncture.  One thing is for certain:  I have eliminated mia h as a suspect, since nothing she has relates to illness/disease, and yugi, since nothing he has relates to a hospital.

I don't want to hazard a guess, though, until I see the final clue and hope to god it sheds some light on this mystery.

Mintprincess

What are the thoughts on Plague (illness, hospital, gradual, chest) and violin (relaxation)?

The thing is most of these I would say entertainment over relaxation (puppet, video games even violin.)

That's why I like headphones.  Oil painting could be relaxation.

That clue seems important because most things fit the other catagories better

mia h

I don't think Plague fits gradual, looking at the clue I think they are a vague but increase timescale so :

instant < brief < gradual < prolonged < for days

So gradual feels like it should be less than a day, which doesn't feel like it fits Plague. People can be asymptomatic for days before suddenly dropping dead.

Remiel

It's possible that Plague could fit into the Gradual category, although, like mia h, I probably would have said For Days if it was me.

What's boggling me is Nighty's Chest clue.  I don't feel like that really fits with anything (except maybe chest cold to indicate plague?)

Mint might be onto something with Plague and Violin.  I'm still withholding my guess until I see the last clue though.