Come Fly With Me - Light or bondage small group (No NC)

Started by Chrystal, July 28, 2016, 03:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Come Fly With Me

This is an idea I had because I cannot seem to get the song by Frank Sinatra of the same name out of my head[1]. Basically I need something between 8 and 20 players to play the crew of a jet airliner. The more players the bigger the aircraft. I'm not sure whether the idea will ... heh... take off, never mind if it will fly... (Yes, terrible puns are and should continue to be anticipated). I just think it might be interesting to explore the interactions of a group of such people in a totally fictional and somewhat smut-filled setting

So, first things first: Some rules.

• I would very much prefer it if people would play their own gender please? Obviously lieges may play either gender.
    • Characters should be male or female.
    • That said, all roles are open to characters of either gender and any sexuality.
    • Passengers will NOT be playable characters. Don't ask.
    I am probably going to take the role of pilot myself. Co-pilot position will be open. Both Co-Pilot and Chief Steward roles will have the option of being Co-GMs if the game gets big enough to need it, but this is optional. You don't have to be Co-GM if ypu don't want to.

Depending upon the number of players and thus the size of the aircraft, I am debating whether to restrict play to the hotel the crew will be staying in when in a foreign city. If, however, we end up on a long-haul aircraft with crew bunks, I might have us on a red-eye flight, with all sorts of shenanigans going on that the passengers are unaware of!

Roles:

Pilot (Probably taken by Chrystal
    Co-Pilot
    (Flight Engineer - See below)

Chief Steward

Senior Steward, First Class
    Senior Steward, Business Class
    Senior Steward, Tourist Class

Stewards, First Class (3)
    Stewards, Business Class (4)
    Stewards, Tourist Class (6)

Roles will be not be assigned on a first-come-first served basis, but on whether I think your character fits the role well enough, and whether that particular role is needed for the size of aircraft we are looking at - in other words I will fill the roles in proportion to the number of each...

The Flight Engineer role is something of an anomaly. Modern aircraft do not have a flight engineer. However if I get two people who are both desperate to be flight crew rather that cabin crew, I will set the story back in the 1970s or early 1980s.

For now, please post here if you are interested. If I get sufficient interest, I will put up a character sheet.

[1] Incidentally the song seems to get into my head every time I look at Elliquiy's splash-screen with the words "Come Write With Us" hyperlinked!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
    I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Anna Katrine

Marie Reynolds

I would like to say I am interested bondage and get paid to travel sounds like a good time!

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
    My ons and offs- My F-list

Chrystal

Quote from: RedEve on July 31, 2016, 04:46:53 AM
    Any chance of some Mile High Club action? :P

Like I said above, it really depends upon the number of players.

One thing I don't want to have happen is everyone start bonking on the aircraft at the same time. For one thing I'm pretty sure that in real life that would be a sackable offence. Yeah, this isn't real life but I'd like to keep it moderately within the bounds of realism... It would actually be quite fun if the chief steward suddenly realised that two of the cabin crew were missing, found them having sex in a quiet nook and sent one of them back out to serve the passengers, while keeping the other behind to be... ehem... disciplined!

But having everyone doing that would be totally against the spirit of the game.

So, yeah...

Actually I suppose we could go with a Jumbo Jet (or even a 777 or A380) regardless of number of players and have the remaining crew as NPCs...

Quote from: Anna Katrine on July 28, 2016, 06:24:16 PM
    Sounds cool. Definately interested :)

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on July 29, 2016, 10:37:03 PM
    I would like to say I am interested bondage and get paid to travel sounds like a good time!

Hi. Glad to see one of my games is generating interest!

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Swordsman18

Chrystal

Yep, I did know this, but thanks for the reminder.

This is why I'm saying it depends on the aircraft exactly what sort of scenario I work out. Boeing 747s, 777s, Airbus A380s and the like have crew sleeping quarters. A320s and 737s do not!

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Is this something you still want for starting, Chrystal? I would love for playing this. :-)

Chrystal

With five people, I'm not really sure it would go anywhere. Another five and it might become viable. I'm concerned that with so few interested, even a 25% drop-out rate would kill the game.

ClosetBadBoy

Consider me interested... and maybe this will give the game another bump to get some more interest. :D So glad to help and totally unselfish  XD

I'd be in for a co-pilot - though I have to admit that the only license I ever had was on FSX. However I'd also be happy to play a senior steward, if the co-pilot slot is getting contested. ;)
    Judge: "Mister Mouse, so you really want to divorce Minnie because she's being silly?"
    Mickey: "She's not silly! She's fucking Goofy!"

Ons & Offs - of sort
    Ideas Thread