Clothing help!

Started by persephone325, August 31, 2014, 08:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

I'm having A LOT of trouble trying to find kimonos for a game I'm working on. Polyvore doesn't have a great selection, and all the other sites I've visited don't have all the colors I need. Pinterest and Tumblr aren't helpful either. I really can't find any good sites. Does anyone have any recommendations?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

The Dark Raven

Are you looking for pics of people wearing kimonos?  (If so, male, female, or both?)

Or are you looking for fabrics?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

persephone325

Quote from: Daylily on August 31, 2014, 11:21:42 PM
Are you looking for pics of people wearing kimonos?  (If so, male, female, or both?)

Or are you looking for fabrics?

I'd prefer if it was just the kimono itself, but for males as well as females. Not fabrics, but the actual kimono. I'm trying to find ones that are: grey, green, gold (or something that can pass for gold), and red.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Kuruwa

Here are a ton of kimono images, over 2,000. Some male, some female, some animated, some real, modern and antique...

http://prcm.jp/list/%E7%9D%80%E7%89%A9
My Ideas
within the dark I hide my face
I'm a woman on fire... and it frightens me so

Oniya

If you do an image search on Google, and hit 'Search Tools', you can search by color.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Elina

Quote from: persephone325 on August 31, 2014, 11:33:40 PM
I'd prefer if it was just the kimono itself, but for males as well as females. Not fabrics, but the actual kimono. I'm trying to find ones that are: grey, green, gold (or something that can pass for gold), and red.
I'm reading this as persephone looking for kimonos, not pictures of them.  Like, actual ones people can wear?

The Dark Raven

Quote from: persephone325 on August 31, 2014, 11:33:40 PM

I have found black/white gradient (not totally gray), lots of red, a very few of an olive green, and absolutely no yellow/gold spectrum in a google image search of "kimono."

Be aware, there are going to be several different styles of kimono from the era you look at and the class.  Geiko will differ from maiko, as will samurai from noble, as will common from noble.  The colors are most likely going to come from the entertaining class of women and the noble class of women from everything I've ever seen.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

persephone325

My friend actually sent me some pictures of some good ones, so I'm almost set. We found a good website that has tons of kimonos. ^^

Thank you guys for all your suggestions, though! :-)
I don't know.