Role Play Request For Requests

Started by Jaqueline, August 15, 2010, 03:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaqueline

I've been looking around for the past day, trying to find a group or person to join a role play here with. Even if I get approved I wouldn't mind having a nonadult roleplay here.

I call this a request for requests because I like to think I'm very flexible with my Role Playing, and I'm willing to try just about anything, from fantasy to mundane, Sci-Fi to Medievil. It all varies case by case, but please come and try me!
Remember, nonadult. Even if I wanted too, I can't at the moment.
Every story has a happy ending.
But it is not always the hero who is happy in the end.

Sophidian

I am up for a RP. However, I think I'm just as flexible as you are  ;D. Do you have any genre in mind? Maybe we can bounce ideas around to come up with something.
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Nikko88

If you are interested I started a thread called meet me at the crossroad. It's a post-apocalyptic steam punk horror something. lol take a look and see if you are interested. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to come up with answers.

My main character in this thread is a man who makes a deal with the devil to save his wife from terminal brain cancer. But he ends up losing her and has to collect 100 souls for the devil. 900 years have gone by since the man made his ill-fated deal and he has only one more soul to collect. It's not as easy as you'd imagine to collect souls.

The setting is kind of like Trigun or Vampire Hunter D. Global warming has transformed the planet into a semi-desert landscape where water is scarce. Electricity is hit or miss with a lot of solar and steam power being the main source. Civilization pretty much broke down and people are scattered in small towns and a few central cities. But there is large electrical grids, no internet, no more oil, etc.

Jaqueline

Alright Sophidian.
Current Role Play ideas I have in my head...
Hospital setting,
Vampires, (Real ones, you say Twilight, I rip your head off. I've been on a bit of a Vampire kick because I recently watched a lot of Hellsing)
or your usual fantasy/magic setting.

Mind linking me up, Nikko? I've never seen Trigun or Vampire Hunter D.

Sophidian

(We are of the same mindset on Vampires, I assure you.)

A hospital could be fun! Would it be like House or ER, where it's serious and trying to solve problems? Or like Kingdom Hospital where there's something supernatural? Or like...Scrubs where it's funny?

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

No matter why setting or genre we pick, I refuse to be 100% serious all the time. Whether you find them funny or not, I'll make jokes and goof off.

Hospital it is. Never heard of Kingdom Hospital.
I'm not sure, we need some kind of p       work off. Setting can only get you so far.
Okay, Science Fiction, or Supernatural?

Sophidian

Really? Kingdom Hospital was a short Stephen King series. It was good and confusing, like typical King. And I am never 100% serious either. Ever.

Hmm...I have a background in medical science so any sort of medical sci-fi would be really interesting. Would you prefer a genetic manipulation, cloning, some form of alien science...?

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

Oh crap, if you know actual facts about science then all the stuff I make up will really look stupid!

I've heard of Stephen King. Haven't read one of his books yet though.

What do you mean Alien?

Sophidian

Don't worry. I know science and I still make up stuff that's completely unbelievable. Ask me about my zombies one day... No way in hell would that actually happen  ;)

It could be a hospital where they found the first evidence of aliens. Or it could be a hospital in space where there are aliens. Or an alien virus...

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

Hmm, and what would Genetic Manipulation entail?

Sophidian

We could have doctors making "Super Humans" with "Super abilities." Or splicing with animals to give them animalistic traits. Oooor... zombies, super soldiers, etc.

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

Hmm, super human abilities sounds good. Maybe animal traits to.

Okay, now we need to focus on plot. Who will our main character be? Antagonist? Conflict?

I have a character I would like to use, already fits in the super abilities catagory.
Four foot tall nineteen year old who has to stay in the hospital due to a freakishly large list of health issues. Not so eithical doctors user her as a subject for creating psyonic powers in humans.
Sound any good?

Sophidian

Your character sounds like a lot of fun!

Well, I could make a character that's the friend of your character. They could be our main characters. The antagonist could be the doctors themselves trying to morph them into something they're not. The conflict could be them trying to escape and stay hidden.

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

That sounds like a great place to start, but how do we build that to an epic cresendo that will leave us with a satasfactory end?

I would think taking down the Hospital and the corrupt people inside, but how? Two escaped patients (Unless your character is a doctor, whatever) hardly seems adequet, and telling the police would be such bullcrap.
Hmm...Or we could just worry about that later and get started?

Sophidian

We could play more than one character if you'd like.

Otherwise, it could be that their psionic/other powers could help out. Or we could try and find more people!

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

I'm willing to do either.
I've only been here a day. You know anyone who would join, or are we just going to put a 'come join' sign?

Sophidian

A "come join" sign may work best. I've been RPing with one person so far so I'll mention it to him.

If you make an OOC or Recruiting thread, some people may join!

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

I'll make us an OOC thread, you make the actual Role Play thread.

Jaqueline

Wait, we need a title, I can't edit my posts yet, so I can't add it later as of now.

Well, later I could, but that's beside the point. We need a title.

Sophidian

Sure thing! Do you have a name you'd like for it?

Like, off the top of my head:

Godsend Hospital?

Also, I need to make a character first to do the first post. Give me a few minutes?

ETA: Smart minds think alike!

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

Estimated Time Of Arrival?
I don't get it.

So, for the mutations, we'll just let people make themselves powers/quirks, like maybe being spliced with an animal or heightened agility, and that they're all being kept in the hospital against their will, or have no where else to go.

Godsend?
Sure, unless you've got a different idea for the title. That'll work. I've got nothing better.

Sophidian

Oh, sorry! ETA = Edited to Add. Some forums show that you edited so I'm used to adding "ETA" so people know what I added in. Good forum etiquette =)

Sounds like a good plan to me! And that's the only plan for a title I've got so far. I'm trying to think of a good creepy hospital name.

-- Anton Chekhov

Sophidian

Also, double checking: How do you rp? 3rd person POV, past tense?

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

With thoughts in italics and speaking in quotation marks. That's correct.

How about...Redbrook Hospital?
The Genesis Institute?

Sophidian

I like The Genesis Institute!

After writing up my first post, I've given my girl a codename to use instead of her real name. Don't know if you want that to be standard or not. Just came to me as I wrote. Tell me when you're ready for me to post and start!

-- Anton Chekhov