News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Vampire: the Masquerade - Milwaukee by Night

Started by meikle, November 09, 2011, 07:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miroque

Katarna could not be more away from Alexia then.

Alexia is old world Tremere. respectful to the traditions and knows that magic is far superior to the modern technology.

Alexia has almost none contacts with the mortal population, as she´s still considered childe in Milwaukee, so her public appearances in Kindred society are her way out from the chantry, unless there are chores for her to do.

OoCly: if we are both accepted to the game, I think we should write more indepth things what goes behind those ward secured walls fo the chantry ..

AndyZ

Quote from: Miroque on November 11, 2011, 03:41:33 AM
Katarna could not be more away from Alexia then.

Alexia is old world Tremere. respectful to the traditions and knows that magic is far superior to the modern technology.

Alexia has almost none contacts with the mortal population, as she´s still considered childe in Milwaukee, so her public appearances in Kindred society are her way out from the chantry, unless there are chores for her to do.

OoCly: if we are both accepted to the game, I think we should write more indepth things what goes behind those ward secured walls fo the chantry ..

Quite a contrast then, which leaves plenty of room for both of us ^_^

I would imagine that the two both have more in common than they have apart when it comes to social matters, though, especially since both are childer of the Tremere Primogen.  But agreed to figure all that out if we're both accepted ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Senti

meikle

I am getting a lot of neat characters submitted!  It will be a difficult choice, but I think the submissions are slowing down -- with that in mind, on the evening of Nov 13th (and that's my evening, CST, because I know I got a lot of submissions from people across the pond!), I'll post which players I've hand-picked like a cruel, distant claw-game machine.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

RubySlippers

Well my character ,unnammed likely something like Dr. Justine Colette, is a small trust fund baby enough money to provide for a 3 Dot Resource lifestyle and used that to work on a medical degree in psychiatry as a specialty before her embrace. She was chosen by an unorthodox Ancilla looking for something different from other Ventrue and found it. My character worked for the last twp decades to combine her formidable education in the human mind with Dominate to be a growing expert in breaking the human mind to her will using Dominate like a scalpel and added to mundane techniques to alter ones views. Although just released and the other Ventrue and the sect considers her a minor vampire below notice she has all the tools to build up a power base over the next century or two. Why blood bond when you can make this mortal a friend, or make this one owe you for debts that they don't or have this mortal fawn over you thinking your the perfect love or just make them drones.

In time her plans are simple have lots of allies, contacts, a few choice retainers and a big herd all adding to her power base and oddly most do so due to something she added. Example if she has an ally what better way to get that police detective to like you then add some debts or add to his or her respect for you say I help cops with emotional issues if they respect her how hard is it to make that more with some Dominate well applied then you have a friend and a friend will do things for you. Then you can make them forget you asked after its done.  ;D

It won't be a blood cult but could be very damned close to one just far more subtly built and managed. mwhahahahahahahahaha

The concept will likely mature but I'm thinking on what to call it if chosen to play.

meikle

So many excellent concepts, here and in my inbox.  This is gonna be tough!

O and O and Discord
A and A

RubySlippers

No pressure you want to choose mine, you want to choose mine ... (tries using Dominate on the ST)

Damn immune to the Jedi mind trick!

:D

Miroque

I send you my character sheet + more detailed information of her background to you. I hope you found storyhook form it... *grins*

meikle

I've gone over the concepts that have been submitted and given them all some thought.  I like them all; I appreciate everyone taking the time to offer up their concept, even if I didn't have room for you in the game.

Here are the players & their characters that I've accepted:

Miroque -- Alexia deLaunge
Wargtass -- Ciaphas Morgan
Senti -- Rose Wild

For those of you who are interested, this was the method by which I selected these characters:

I avoided Clan overlap; because there are only 3 players, I didn't want to risk having players focusing on Clan-centric issues to a degree that would alienate the straggler.
I selected characters who had their own kind of issues to handle, things that didn't need to or even shouldn't include the rest of the coterie.
I wanted characters who would cover different strengths when working together in a party, and
I wanted characters who would develop interesting relationships with one another when working together.

I'm not going to lead directly into an IC thread, naturally; instead, we'll discuss things here for a bit, and then shortly I'll start up and OOC thread.

Here are things to discuss:
1: I'm intending to place the whole game into NC-Human.  As I mentioned in the opening post, I don't expect a ton of erotic or smutty content, but it seems to me to be the appropriate place for vampire-themed content to go.  If that doesn't sound right, let me know.
2: You should put out what might be public knowledge to the Milwaukee Camarilla about your character, and maybe start talking to one another about how your characters know each other and start building up hooks in that sense.  I'm of the opinion that a game where the players work together to make an interesting story is the best kind of game, and with that in mind, I hope that we'll all be willing to work together on this kind of thing. :)
3: If you haven't yet, you should make a character sheet and find a way to get it to me; private messages work fine.  You can make your character sheet public, if you like, but that's not necessary.  (I'll say that there's no major need to be especially optimized for combat or whatever; my goal isn't to kill your characters, just to make life interesting for them.)

:)

O and O and Discord
A and A

Miroque

Thank you for taking me and good luck to everyone else that got in.

Short about my character (known to all Camarilla):
Alexia deLaunge was announced to the prince (insert name here) few months a go, as being considered an childe, even she clearly was not childe of the (Residental Head Tremere´s name here). It was soon clear, that she was young in vampire age, but knews the right ways to act.

Storyhooks:
*Kindred society hook*
Alexia (being childe on status wise) could be asked to "get to know" the local Kindred society by her (of course busy) mentor, and made it so, she would have "cotterie" of age-appropriate ´friends´.
*Intellectual hook*
(some other PC) might have something (head tremere wants) and Alexia was send to befriend with (said PC)
*Social hook*
Alexia truely befriends (other PC) as she´s quite humane in her ways.

or any other hook you might want to throw at her?

Short list of Alexia "stat"wise:
App spec(Alluring),
Int spec(uncanny memory),
HIGH humanity (8),
Blush of Health Merit.

Wargtass

I'll make sure to have it done by tomorrow, for now I have some work to do.  ;D
O/O

Senti

Pretty in Pink

Okay.  I'm going to go out on a limb here, and hope to the gods that you know about the Daughters of Cacophany.

QuoteDaughters of Cacophony...  Daughters for a reason.  There was a time when the Daughters allowed males, but when one of them went out of control, the Elders put an end to it, and slaughtered all of the men, making it a Clan law that no male shall EVER be Embraced into the Clan, and that to do so would be treated as the Camarilla treated unrequested Childer: death to both Childe and Sire, no questions asked.

James, however, was always a talented musician, and of course this drew the attention of one of the daughters.  The two did gigs in bars across Milwaukee, performing Pro bono every time.  It was fine for a while, but then James's apartment building was shut down.  Not wanting to see him scrambling to find a place to live and let his music suffer, Elise offered to let him stay in one of the spare rooms of her small three bedroom house.

He accepted, thinking nothing of the fact that the windows were all blacked, and nothing of the fact that there was never real food in the house except for what he brought in from his day job during the week as a cashier at Walgreens/CVS/(whatever there is in Milwaukee).

Things would have been fine, but he began to get curious why his new host never went out during the day, and where she went at night.  So he began to follow her, growing more and more exasperated as she continued to give him the slip.  However, one night, he was attacked by a Ravnos in full blood frenzy.  Elise slew the other vampire, but too late.  James lay dying in the street, his throat ripped out by the other vampire.  Taking the only option to save her partner and crush's life, she Embraced him, making him the first male Daughter of Cacophony in almost three centuries.

Now, he's on the run, attempting to avoid the notice of the higher ups in the city, still doing his gigs at bars and such.  However, he moves around a lot, because he knows that if the Daughters find out Elise made him one of them, it would mean her death AS WELL as his.

So... whaddaya think?

EDIT:  And now upon reading through I realize you've already chosen your players.  Well, I guess I'll go wander and find another home for James, unless you want to make me that maybe fourth player.  Sorry to bother you guys.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

meikle

Sorry, Pretty!  We are full up.

Nobody complained about NC-Human so that's where I'll start our OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=124599.0

O and O and Discord
A and A