Interest Check - Battletech 3145 (Updated!)

Started by Blobbe, June 05, 2014, 06:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blobbe

This is a provisional/interest check only at this stage; if I get enough interest for it, we can move to the nuts and bolts of it

What I'm looking to start here is a Battletech game set in the year 3145, the current written era of play. The game would focus on a small Mercenary unit, the player characters being MechWarriors in the unit's employ. (What portion of the unit they make up will be determined based on interest). The players would be fighting across various worlds across the Inner Sphere as they fulfil contracts for their employers, and could expect to see combat, danger and intrigue both in and out of their 'Mechs.

A few quick things:

• The game would go in the Human Light or Bondage sections
  • This will be a Freeform game. However, the GM (ie me) may occasionally ask for "behind the scenes" dice rolls to determine major events or the like.
  • Only canon/published 'Mechs will be allowed; no custom designs or configurations. Both the Master Unit List and Sarna are great sources for designs. And never hesitate to ask either
  • There will be limited slots by weight category; for various reasons, I'm trying to avoid a massively top-heavy game
  • The 3145 era is one of massive technological advance and availability. Clan-tech 'Mechs will be available to the players, but again within reason and with limited slots
  • Map of the Inner Sphere 3145
  • Only characters aged 21+
  • Draft character sheet up
  • Any questions? Feel free to ask them here

Character Sheet (test)

[font=arial black]Character[/font]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (21+)
[b]BattleMech:[/b]
[b]Homeworld:[/b]
[b]Original Faction:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b] (A few sentences describing the physical characteristics of the pilot; picture optional)

[b]Background:[/b] (A paragraph or two about the pilot's history and career)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Just a few sentences on the pilot's personality)

[b]Specialty Skills:[/b] (Anything that doesn't have to do with piloting a 'Mech)

[font=arial black]BattleMech [/font]

[b]Chassis:[/b]  (Base ‘Mech chassis, eg [i]Black Knight[/i])
[b]Model:[/b] (Specific model, eg BL-12-KNT)
[b]Weight Class:[/b] (Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault)
[b]Callsign:[/b] (Nickname for your ‘Mech; optional)
[b]Description:[/b] (A few sentences describing the looks of your mech. Any special paint scheme or extra bits for looks?)
[b]Weapons:[/b] (Listing the armament of the 'Mech)

[b]Equipment:[/b] (Any additional equipment such as Guardian ECM, Active Probes or the like)

ebpohmr

Ooh! I love Battletech and I'm a big fan of the Dark Age series of novels, so this sounds like it could be good, so put my name down as interested! I prefer light or medium mechs (Like the Ghost) and my combat approach tends towards stealth/scouting/sniping, but I'm happy to adjust myself to what the game needs!

Blobbe

Thanks! Consider yourself added to the list (of one) and definitely glad to have you onboard. And I like the Ghost as a choice myself, so that gets points from me

Ron Don Volante

My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

LightNight

Got love Battle tech I'm in as I lean to more heavy's then any other class of mech, I know you said all MechWarrior's but maybe add some battle armor to the unit as I always like playing one. If not I'm ok with it.
Enjoy the Fantasy just don't live your fantasy.

Darthvegeta800

I'm more a Successor States / Clan Invasion era type of guy but i'll keep an eye on this one due to the lack of BT out there :)
Good initiative in any case!

ArtemisHighmore

I will put myself down as interested. Love Battletech and it would be a joy to write with you again Kayla.

Blobbe

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on June 09, 2014, 04:55:53 PM
I will put myself down as interested. Love Battletech and it would be a joy to write with you again Kayla.

Thanks so much for that!

There's a draft character sheet up now; let me know what people think or if I need to change it any

ArtemisHighmore

Charlemagne

Blobbe

OK, the recruitment thread is up! Feel free to start work on characters and ask questions!