Looking for an Exalted Campaign (interest check)

Started by Trilogy, June 11, 2013, 05:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajah

Could it be thematic Protectors or thematic Destroyers? IE: heroic Solars, redemption-seeking Abyssals, repentant Bronze Faction Sidereals or world-enslaving Solars, loyalist Infernals, chimeric Lunars et cetera. One of the best things about Exalted is that moral claims are few and far between and good and evil tend to be personal rather than factional choices. I prefer good-guy Infernals anyway. At this point I feel like it's weirder to stick with the Reclamation than to just leave it at the earliest convenient opportunity, unless you go full-on Yozi empathy.

Considering a Slayer, favoring maybe the Sea That Marched Against the Flame or the Principle of Hierarchy, a man who dreams of a sacred city where the weak are made strong and all impurity is burned away under the light of a perfect white sun. When he wakes, he knows its name, and the name is his own.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

KrataLightblade

I'd prefer a heroic game over a villainous one, if only because it's harder.  God, there are so many threat s to Creation at this point that it almost feels like the bad guys SHOULD win.  That isn't to say I wouldn't play one of the darker characters though.

I've got a couple of characters in mind, including a female Twilight who Exalted during a speech in Heaven about how the gods weren't doing enough to save Creation and whose goal is to build something worthy of the First Age again, a Moonshadow Caste Abyssal on the run from his Deathlord (who unknowingly is doing exactly what his master plans for him to do), and a Sidereal chessmaster working with the Circle on either side... to either channel their destructive ends to something positive, or to support the heroes of the Dawn/Moon/Whatever in saving Creation, whether Heaven likes it or not.

I'm kinda partial to that last one, if only because that's the only one not loosely based on a character I've already played, but I do love Solars.

That said, I can come up with other ideas pretty easily. I'm spitballing right now.

Pretty in Pink

@Pumpkin:  Of course it's not too late.  But I'll probably cap it with you being the last possible entry.

@Rajah:  That would fall under the "Give me a reason" clause.  For an Abyssal, it better be a good one for them to risk the wrath of their Neverborn and Deathlord masters to go against the Great Design of Oblivion in such a direct way.  Same with the Infernals and the Yozis and the Reclamation.

@Krata:  I actually like the Sidereal, and would like you to go with that, actually, if you don't mind.  I have use for a Sidereal.  *plotting handrubcackle*

@Draco:  First, thank you for trying to run that Exalted game for us a while back.  I realize I was one of the inactivity culprits, and for that I apologize.  That being said, I would say go with either one.  This is going to be a game that runs the gamut of diplomacy and combat, so either one will be useful.

@EVERYONE:  As of this moment, Muse is my official assistant.  I know the system, but character generation is still a little sticky for me.
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Pumpkin Seeds

I am leaning toward bringing in an old character of mine called Sakinah and is a Dawn Caste.  She is a former Lookshy officer that Exalted after leading her armies against undead forces of The Mask of Winters. 

Muse

*Grins* Sakinah is awesome. 

Pumpkin, would you  mind if I played a dawn caste too? 

I've been wanting to play Whispers on the Night Wind properly for a long time. 

Pink, do you want starting characters?  Or a little Experience?

What if someone decides to play someone a little under powered by comparison? Like, a dragon blooded or a god blood?  We could start them with a bit extra to keep things a bit more evened out. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Pretty in Pink

Starting characters as per the 2nd edition books, plus any errata.  And yes, I just have to figure out the additional amount for such under-powered characters.

IN ADDITION.  If you are playing a Lunar, please, please, PLEASE either work out with one of the Solar players a Solar Bond, or let me know.  Lunar-Solar Pair Bonds will play a role in this game, and I need to know who is attached to whom.

EDIT:  Also, everyone will start at Essence 3.  Don't bother paying for it with your points, just take it.  Don't raise it higher either.

Pumpkin Seeds

Rajah

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on June 18, 2013, 04:00:11 AM
IN ADDITION.  If you are playing a Lunar, please, please, PLEASE either work out with one of the Solar players a Solar Bond, or let me know.  Lunar-Solar Pair Bonds will play a role in this game, and I need to know who is attached to whom.

SolarOID, right? Team Green (and the Ubergoths) have mates too, eh.

Sketch-up:

Silver-Inked Depths Treasure (as a mortal, he was Cantaxes Taemos)
Malefactor of the Sea That Marched Against The Flame
Motivation: Outshine the Suns of Heaven and Hell
Urge: Ruin or steal the worship of the traitor gods (Urge to Drown)

Intimacies: Ikarra, his sister (fierce love); Creation (devotion); Cecelyne (pity); himself (absolute faith); Ligier (admiration); the Unconquered Sun (contempt); the Celestial Exalted (wary hope); tyranny (hatred); dominance (lust)

Favored Abilities: Martial Arts, Integrity, Performance, Presence, Resistance, Survival, Occult, Athletics, Stealth, Socialize

A former priest of the Unconquered Sun who lost his faith when he saw a young Solar bandit queen butcher his home's entire militia just to sharpen her swordsmanship on their lives, and then build a terrifying enclave of highwaymen and murderers from its remnants, setting herself up as a petty despot. To use the gifts of the Guarding Star for such evil without reprimand was too much injustice for him to witness; he destroyed his church, and wept bitterly amid the shards. It was there that Hell found him, comforted him, told him that it knew his pain...the strong rule the weak, it whispered, but you could be strong.

He grew sick of the Reclamation when he realized they were no better than the bandit queen he'd devoured, lost in their spite and hypocrisy. The world was too wide. He missed his family, and his demon friends longed to see Creation...one day he simply left, and so far Hell has not been able to drag him screaming back. He has forfeited his humanity, but he remembers being human; he changed the world as he touches it, yet still hopes for its brightest future. He walks the world, neither Yozi nor Solar but somewhere in between; if no better world is coming, he has decided, he will become one, and join Creation to his will so that it might become as well.

Trilogy

Making a Lunar, I'll post my character concept when I get home from work (can only post from my phone here.)

Rajah, if you're interested I could be your lunar mate? I've always liked the idea of a lunar discovering her mate was one of the lost 150, especially if you're going the redemptive/Devil-Tiger route. She'll be a Changing Moon social manipulator type, so she'd probably be good at reining him in if necessary.

Rajah

Quote from: Trilogy on June 18, 2013, 08:53:23 AM
Rajah, if you're interested I could be your lunar mate? I've always liked the idea of a lunar discovering her mate was one of the lost 150, especially if you're going the redemptive/Devil-Tiger route. She'll be a Changing Moon social manipulator type, so she'd probably be good at reining him in if necessary.

Definitely!

Trilogy

Cool! I think that would work pretty well.

Here's what I have as a character concept so far...

Cunning Fox Robed in Silk
(or just Silken Fox)
Lunar Exalted of the Changing Moon

Motivation: Tear down and replace the Realm.

Aoko Kohara was a strange choice for a Lunar Exaltation. She was born of wealth and privilege, the eldest child of a successful outcaste Terrestrial of the Realm and his high-born wife, who had maneuvered their way into a great deal of power and influence on the Blessed Isle thanks to his military victories in the East and her family connections. She grew up learning the ways of nobility, father and mother grooming her for her (they hoped) eventual exaltation.

Their success was short-lived, however, as their powerful friends had even more powerful enemies- particularly amongst the Dynast houses- and they soon found themselves ‘assigned’ into relative exile in a small Satrapy in the Eastern Threshold. Not as a punishment, she soon learned, but for their protection. Her father, it seems, had become involved in certain conspiracies involving one of the potential heirs to the Scarlet Empress’s throne- and the other Dynasts vying for the position had found out.

It wasn’t enough. The assassins came in the night. They went for her father first, wisely targeting the only exalt in the family. He fell, but his fight awoke the rest of the family, who attempted to flee. As the assassins closed in on them, Aoko threw herself between their blades and her siblings, and in that moment she finally Exalted- not with the colored anima of the Dragon-Blooded, but the pure silver-white of the chosen of Luna. Howling with rage and pain, she tore the assassins to pieces... and then, coming to her senses, was confronted with the terrified faces of the family she had just saved. Unwilling to face their stares, she fled.

In the wilds outside the city, she received a vision from the Goddess, directing her East. After only a few days travel she was picked up by a Lunar pack, sent out to retrieve the new Exalt. Feeling abandoned by her past she threw herself passionately into her new life, building a close bond with her Mentor, an elder member of the Winding Path, who saw the usefulness of a Lunar who knew her way around the more "civilized" folk of Creation. Under her tutelage, the newly initiated and tattooed Silken Fox aided with many of her the projects in the Thousand Streams River, learning how to move undetected within the herd of humanity, how to use both her social skills and her animal charm to manipulate them into doing her whim... and how, when necessary, to tear out "weeds" that threaten their careful cultivation.

Now Cunning Fox Robed in Silk has left her mentor's side, striking out on her own to forge her own experiments in Creation. Unknown to any Lunar save perhaps her mentor, though, is a much greater ambition than the creation of a few self-sustaining societies in the Threshold, pulling the Silken Fox closer and closer to the Realm. To her, the Realm is a cancer on Creation, a useless mass run by Dynasts who care nothing for the people living beneath them, pointlessly squabbling amongst themselves for positions they have done nothing to deserve. They must be exposed for what they truly are, their imagined strength torn down, their people empowered, until the day comes that their rotten core will collapse, allowing a new society to arise in its place, one in which the worthy rise to power and the people are free from the petty conflicts of those who undeservedly see themselves as their betters.

And if it takes a Silver Empress to do it, so be it...

Pumpkin Seeds

After some discussion I'm possibly going to try for an Eclipse merchant queen using air ships and the like.  Sort of a swashbuckling figure.

Pretty in Pink

@Trilogy:  Sounds good to me.  Go ahead and start stating her up, and if you need the character building guidelines for Lunars, please do let me know, cause that much I can give you.

@Rajah:  Alright.  Firstly, I will EXPECT you to play that Urge.  In addition, you may want to define it better.  As it sits right now, I, as your ST, would say that includes Solar and Lunar Exalts as well, since they were the ones that first overturned the Yozis and Neverborn to begin with.  If you are okay with that, then again, play it.  Even if it means the party doesn't like you.  Aside from that, if you're okay with that, go ahead and start stating yourself up.  Again, I can get you the build information if you need it and don't have it.  And get with Trilogy to figure out the extent of the Bond and plan it out.  This link will help with that.

@Pumpkin:  Responded to your PM.  Sounds good, just get me a background.

@EVERYONE:  I'll be getting an OOC and a Character Sheet thread posted up very shortly and linked in to this topic, which I'll probably end up PMing the links to Trilogy to be put up in the first post so people can find it.

Trilogy

Quote from: Pretty in Pink on June 18, 2013, 06:41:54 PM
@Trilogy:  Sounds good to me.  Go ahead and start stating her up, and if you need the character building guidelines for Lunars, please do let me know, cause that much I can give you.

Awesome! Send me the build guidelines when you get the chance then, I have some of a sheet finished but I'd like to see those before I finish it up.

Also, are we using 2.5? Because that will change some things with character generation versus normal 2e IIRC.

Rajah, I'll send you a PM late this evening and we can discuss things.

Pretty in Pink

Yes, we'll be using the 2.5 Errata.  I have access to that, I'll just have to check it against the 2nd Edition books before I give any definite numbers.

Also, OOC is up  I'll be having Muse pin it as soon as I can get hold of him, and I'll have the character sheet thread up soon as well.

Muse

Whimpers. Do you really have to, raja? 

Anyways. I'm on my way to Dallas tonight. I'll be on some after midnight. Me while I can be reached on yahoo.

TenshiMuse42@yahoo.com.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

KrataLightblade

I'm good with playing a Sidereal, absolutely.  While their Charm set was broken pretty badly in a lot of ways, I like the interesting way their stuff works, and I look forward to playing one.

I'll start working on him an get a few ideas out soon.

HairyHeretic

I'm sorry I missed out on this one. I wouldn't mind getting back into Exalted in preparation for 3rd ed. If a slot opens, would you mind giving me a shout?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Pretty in Pink

I do apologize, Hairy.  If I do get another drop, I will be sure to let you know.

Also going to mention here, I am a completely new-to-Exalted Storyteller, though I have experience with the White Wolf system Storytelling, in Vampire and Werewolf on tabletop.

Synecdoche17

Hmm. Seems I reactivated my account just a touch too late.

I would also be interested in participating in an Exalted forum RP, if another one opens up any time.  :-)
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies