Highlander: The Quickening. Interest Check.

Started by Batman4560, August 21, 2015, 05:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Garuss Vakarian

Ya ooc! Just dropping by to show I am still interested. ^^ Just been busy.

MasterOfMyFate

Oooooh~ I like this idea. Working on something. :P
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

MasterOfMyFate

Name: Masterofmyfate

Character Name: Daniel Drago

Weapon: Modified Chinese fencing broadsword
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Number of Immortals Killed: 23

Personality: On the outside, Daniel strives to be as charming and opportunistic as possible with an open door policy to his employees. On the inside, Daniel is focused and collected as he strives to survive the Immortal game all the while enjoying the thrill of combat.

Bio : Daniel Drago was brought up a rich kid who went to boarding schools that the best money could afford. As a hobby on the side, Daniel took up fencing to the degree of competition level. Throughout his life, he has only seen his father 38 times and out of them did he talk to his father only 12 times. Because of this, Daniel became so focused in school and his hobby that it driven him to success, but to a point of becoming obsessed. Daniel believed he couldn't afford failure as he thought his father was always watching him. This thought led to the idea of hoping to impress his father who he hardly ever saw.

At the age of 19, his father died of a cancer Daniel did not even know he had. Per orders of his death, his lawyer showed Daniel a video explaining how he was adopted and that he had multiple adopted siblings. Apparently his father had been sick for a long time and could not father a heir to his family name. To rectify this, he had adopted a total of 13 children and had placed each child at different parts of the world in different schools. He hired people to raise them and evaluate them to determine which one would inherit the both the company and his legacy. In the end, Daniel had won while the fortune was split between the children for them to live their lives as whatever they choose to be.

This news was something Daniel did not take well. Out of blinded rage and curiosity, Daniel began to investigate where he was originated from. His investigations led him to China where he found an old orphanage that explained that they found him alone in the woods. He had no choice, but to accept this dead end. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to leave just yet. Seeking clarity and satisfying his tourist side, Daniel wandered China in search of something to fill the void that the path he traveled tore within him. He found himself at a school that taught martial arts, especially Chinese fencing. Spending two years in this school, Daniel learned what he could and even modified his fencing techniques with that of Chinese fencing.

Now 21 years of age, Daniel returned to America and fulfilled his duty per his father's wishes. For 11 years, Daniel spent his time both maintaining his skills and spearheading his company into it's future. On the day they celebrated the companies 60th anniversary, Daniel was met with one of his adopted brother's who shot him in the chest with a .45 handgun. Why he did this, Daniel never found out. But from his death came a new life and a new purpose. A purpose that had no direction until his mentor from China came to visit and to explain what has happened to him.

Armed with the knowledge of his Immortality and the Quickening of 23 men and woman who tried to take his head, Daniel has successfully survived for 15 years all the awhile refining his skill to such a degree that a 100 year old Immortal was fair game to him. He does not hunt other Immortals. He prefers they come to him. Hell, if they do not want to fight, he was perfectly fine with leaving them alone. He has even made friends with some. But at some point in time his blade may need to taste all the other Immortals because in the end, there can only be one. 
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Batman4560

Looks good to me. Now if we can get one or two non immortal characters I think I'll close the interest thread. Don't want to get to crowded but I do have one other who has messaged me with interest.

Kadigan

I haven't settled on a face for her yet, and went a bit of a different direction..originally had the idea for an insane immortal, but I did some reading and remembered an underused faction, at least to me.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Barbara Gordon

Character Name: Alexis Horton

Weapon: Variety of Guns, Machete.

Number of Immortals Killed: 8

Occupation: Hunter, owner of several properties and investments.

Personality:Normally calm and collected, she has brief moments of intense rage at times. Her sense of humour is wry and dark as well.

Bio : Alexis was born to James Horton and an unknown mother. Either James took her away from her mother, or she was simply unwanted. Her father raised her with what she thought, at first, were stories of immortals fighting for the very existence of their world and the right to rule it. Soon after turning 10, she was given proof that these stories were true, and that as a Horton it was her birthright and destiny to lead the Hunters.
   After the death of her father, she was despondent for several years, before taking his investments and fortune and beginning her training to eliminating the immortal scourge that plagued mankind. She spent the next decade training in various disciplines, mainly focusing on both firearms and explosives. She trained with various security corporations that some of the investments were in. Some of her father’s contacts were less then legitimate, where she learned the more practiced arts of killing. She also spent some time learning a few fighting styles, as her targets tended to be up close and personal with theirs.
   Finally, she began her hunts. She has a small, but loyal support team that helps her, almost all of them having had personal tragedies after being caught up in the immortals private, insane war. So far, she’s had 8 confirmed immortal kills, and while she regrets any mortal life she has to take as part of the Hunt, she finds them to be an acceptable and justifiable loss.

Batman4560