Gun Kata - Upcoming action/scifi RP story (Interest thread)

Started by Miles Trent, October 10, 2010, 11:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orderNchaos

can you throw up a little bit of a teaser or something to give us an idea of how we came to be at this place in time/space? (Motivation?)  ahahaha

Miles Trent

Well, everything you need to know is in the general info. Anything else is up to you. Ive given everyone a lot of space to work with on their characters and backgrounds. You can just be creative if you want, but stay within the setting and timeline :). The stuff I have put up is only the important need to know stuffs.

A Gun Fighter is usually made, almost never born to be one. His/her reputation as a fighter using a gun is what makes that person known as a Gun Fighter, not just by that person carrying gun. They are basically normal people born into the Wasteland or within the Empire's territories, and how they go about to become Gun Fighters varies with what they do. A potential Gun Fighter must acquire a gun of his own first, the gun that will be his/her baby for the rest of his/her life, and he/she may simply set out into the Wasteland to start off their experiance, or stick around some place or town to make a name for themselves there. Basically, its sort of like a cowboy wild west sort of culture set in a near post apocalyptic sci fi setting. Famous Gun Fighters normally have a lot of experiances and adventures under his/her belt, and towns will know of the person from the stories that circulate in trade caravans and such.

Empire Gun Fighters are a different case. Candidates are selected to be trained into Gun Fighters by the army, and they are normally desensitized to make it easier to control them, puttig into a elite special group. Their reputation normally persists in rank or how well the public knows them.

If you were looking for how a person is born into Sanguine, you could say they could be born normally into a family living in a Wastlander town, village or city. Maybe they could be born in a chapel dedicated to the Death Cult, or maybe they could be born outside of civilization, inside the ruins where only scavengers and soldiers go.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

orderNchaos

Miles Trent

No problem.  :-)

*wonders where everyone else went....*
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

1SAZ

*climbs out of a deep dark pit known as Medal of Honor and sleep*

Okay, I think I'm finally awake and not having a controller in hand.

As for making a character, I have some ideas in my head and I just need to pick one.

*starts thinking*

Miles Trent

Alrightie. Take your time. Any questions, post here and I shall help. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

DKDBSD

I'm still unsure I might go for a SMG for a secondary weapon it suits Kimiko's style a bit more.

orderNchaos

Miles Trent

orderNchaos

Great profile! Thats the kind of stuff I was expecting from everyone! Nice pic!

Along the way, the group will be meeting some fairly interesting people, factions and enemies for a bit of a challenge (an Important NPCs Thread will be up soon to keep track of them). Now that we have our long range sniper, I would encourage others to make other types of characters. The more diversity between all of our characters, the better.

An OOC thread will only be up once we have at least 3 profiles, along with the main thread. Any OOC or such goes here for now to advertise the roleplay.

I'd like to start this by this weekend hopefully. The sooner, the better.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

DKDBSD

A couple of questions about Sanguine I assume slavery and prostitution and all that stuff is either legal or no one bothers to enforce laws against it. If so what is Judith's stance on it? From your description I get the image they don't give a damn about people inside or out of their empire. I need to know before I can finish my bio.

One more question Grenades yay or nay?

Miles Trent

Yep. Slavery and prostitution is everywhere in Sanguine. The poor and the downtrodden have to get by and theres a lot of bad people around too. The Black Market is the biggest exploiter of that. The Empire doesnt give a shit actually, except when it comes to important people. What would the headlines be when they find out that the Emperor contracted some STD? :D Hmmmmm

Grenades. I suppose they are ok. Ill amend the profile structure a bit to add some Other Gear stuffs.

When I mean by Does and Donts, I mean like OOC limits when it comes to the kinky stuff, or any other stuff for that matter.

Countdown till opening time. We have until Saturday till the opening. Post up your characters! :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

DKDBSD

JadeCore

Still interested, just being poking life to be less annoying.

Revelation

Hi! Seems like I might be a bit late for this... but it seems like it could be fun! Is this still recruiting?

Miles Trent

Yes it is. Its the opening day already but since we dont have that many people yet, everyone is still welcome. :D

Life can be annoying. I just started college a week ago, but I still have time to write. Heck, I'll be REQUIRED to write if Im going to go through my Bachelor of Writing course when my college year is up.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Miles Trent

It has begun! Anyone approved of their profiles in the Character Thread may now post in the new Main Thread. Anyone still in the process of doing it, its ok. Once you're posted it up on the Character Thread, you may start roleplaying. :D  All OOC stuff, inclusive of questions, comments and suggestions will also be moved to the new OOC Thread.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread