Phantom Message

Started by Michael Corvus, June 04, 2014, 11:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Corvus

I have a notification at the top of my page indicating that I have 1 new message, however when I click on the message, which it then shows me I have 1 message under Labels, there is nothing there (and I have no labels set up). I'm at a loss and I'm not sure if I actually have an irretrievable message from someone or if it's just a glitch. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Oreo

This is a glitch that happens every now and then. It should fix itself in a few hours.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Michael Corvus

It's been this way for a few days now, but I will wait longer to see what happens.
The Oath of The Drake

Blythe

I've had this happen before, I think. Sometimes receiving a new PM (unfortunately, sending one to myself didn't work; it had to be from someone else) can get the "phantom" PM notification to go away.

Michael Corvus

Hmm.. Well, I've been PMing with others and receiving them just fine, still this message notification persists. When I go to the "labels" section, there is a label there called "1", but when I click on it, nothing happens and the status indicates that I have no messages, yet the red "1 of which is new" remains at the top of the page. It's really weird.
The Oath of The Drake

Drake Valentine

Had this issue, in fact I thought this was my topic cause I believe I did one with similar title.

My solution. Clear cookies and cache, be sure to restart browser. If that does not solve it, then I dunno.

Or PM yourself in hopes of knocking it out.

Or keep waiting a 'few' hours. I am sure it will sort itself out.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Oreo

I recall trying all of the above too when it happened to me.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Michael Corvus

I cleared the cache and cookies, as suggested, and then restarted my browser. I also PM'd myself. I got the PM just fine. No luck on clearing the "phantom" message.. Thanks for trying though.
The Oath of The Drake

Drake Valentine

Sign out and back in? That is last I can think of.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Michael Corvus

Yeah, I had already done that several times. Thanks for trying though. :)
The Oath of The Drake

Drake Valentine

Try changing your message preferences? Set it to something else then set it back, after saving it and re-saving it?