Curse of the Nine (Pathfinder Seeker Thread)

Started by Black Howling, March 18, 2011, 09:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicciKotor

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 18, 2011, 05:36:44 PM
Hmm.. is there a way to play an assassin without being of evil alignment? Or at the very least using poison without it potentially backfiring on the unfortunate?

Gasp! Poison!? What ever happened to Love and Peace!!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Laughing Hyena

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 18, 2011, 05:48:09 PM
Poison and Drugs are more practical

And much more fun....

but then again....~cough~ love can be great if it involved handcuffs, whips, chains and hair pulling..>.>
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

NicciKotor

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 18, 2011, 05:48:09 PM
Poison and Drugs are more practical

Not compared to the beauty and elegance of Love and Peace!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 18, 2011, 05:53:00 PM
Not compared to the beauty and elegance of Love and Peace!

With whips and chains it more than compares...
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Laughing Hyena

Hmm maybe you need to simmer a touch down Ser Knight. Have a touch of water from your water skin and we'll talk about this rationally. Personally I am a fan of sex, drugs and parties. All in that order of course but you get the idea.

Anyway Howling is there any class like that I mentioned? Only thing I see beyond assassin is the alchemist? Is that all the classes with poison use or is there a feat for it as well?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 18, 2011, 06:01:32 PM
Hmm maybe you need to simmer a touch down Ser Knight. Have a touch of water from your water skin and we'll talk about this rationally. Personally I am a fan of sex, drugs and parties. All in that order of course but you get the idea.

Anyway Howling is there any class like that I mentioned? Only thing I see beyond assassin is the alchemist? Is that all the classes with poison use or is there a feat for it as well?

You could always get the poison rogue knack (can't recall what it's called right off...I did it with a NG rogue... lots of disabling and knock out poisons. Nothing lethal.)

Laughing Hyena

What knack? Only thing I see is an archtype called the Poisoner from the advanced version. Im trying to get the poison use abiity so that i can not poison myself accidentally.

Black Howling

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 18, 2011, 06:20:11 PM
What knack? Only thing I see is an archtype called the Poisoner from the advanced version. Im trying to get the poison use abiity so that i can not poison myself accidentally.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070401a

That link is to the avenger. It's a 3.5 prestige class, but it's an exact duplicate of the assassin stats aside from the special requisites. Use the same genuine theme of it's idea, and all of a sudden you have a non-evil assassin that can even work on the side of good.

Basically, pull the stats right from the assassin, just change the concept of the class.

EDIR: And now I'm off to bed. G'night everyone.

Callie Del Noire

Seems to me that would be up to the GM to allow a feat for that.

NicciKotor

Meh, I have divine health and a +13 to fort. Bring it on you bastard!

Laughing Hyena

Ebb

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 18, 2011, 05:01:48 PM
Opps.. don't know why I had that short circuit there..

Good ones for a Sorcerer include elemental substitution, augmented summoning, Arcane Armor Training, Arcane Strike, and Arcane blast/shield later on at 10th.

Thanks for the advice, Callie. Just to make sure I understand, though... For Arcane Armor Training to really do me any good, I'd need to spend another feat on Light Armor Proficiency, right? Arcane Strike lets me treat my weapons as +2 for overcoming DR, but I've got a +2 weapon already. For Arcane Blast you need to have a caster level of 10, which isn't going to happen in a PbP for some time, I'd guess, and same goes for Arcane Shield. And I didn't see Elemental Substitution on this page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats), which is the source I've been using.

Not trying to be difficult, and I really do appreciate the help. I'm just not sure if I'm missing something fundamental here regarding feat choice, like there's some "must have" ones that everyone knows about but the book doesn't highlight.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ebb on March 18, 2011, 07:57:12 PM
Thanks for the advice, Callie. Just to make sure I understand, though... For Arcane Armor Training to really do me any good, I'd need to spend another feat on Light Armor Proficiency, right? Arcane Strike lets me treat my weapons as +2 for overcoming DR, but I've got a +2 weapon already. For Arcane Blast you need to have a caster level of 10, which isn't going to happen in a PbP for some time, I'd guess, and same goes for Arcane Shield. And I didn't see Elemental Substitution on this page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats), which is the source I've been using.

Not trying to be difficult, and I really do appreciate the help. I'm just not sure if I'm missing something fundamental here regarding feat choice, like there's some "must have" ones that everyone knows about but the book doesn't highlight.

Or alternate to a class that gives you light and up, but yes. As for elemental substitution I think it's in the APG.

If you use metamagic feats, keep in mind as a sorcerer you'll have to cherry pick the ones you use. Also good, and under-estimated, is the very shapechanging magics. There are some nasty critters that you can change into with Beast Form I+, and depending on how things go investing in Elmental Form I+ or Dragon form I+ can really be scary.

I had one buddy tell me how his wizard really upset a would-be 3 man ambush by introducing them to a dire-tiger.

Lady Lunarius

So I added my items in I might get more in the morning....but it's there and I'll put the total in here come morning..night guys.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Alright, I just received word from Ebb that he's not gonna be around to talk much until sundayish. I'm not sure about waiting that long unless I have to, so we'll see if I don't find another mage before then. Also, hyena, we can talk about a few things if you'd like. I', sure we could come up with a rogue talent that gives you poison use if you do not the prestige idea. I'm not sure why they don't already have one anyhow.

I'm taking another look over the characters now that I'm well rested, each will be given the thumbs up or down, and after that I'll be setting up the OOC

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Black Howling on March 19, 2011, 04:44:48 AM
Alright, I just received word from Ebb that he's not gonna be around to talk much until sundayish. I'm not sure about waiting that long unless I have to, so we'll see if I don't find another mage before then. Also, hyena, we can talk about a few things if you'd like. I', sure we could come up with a rogue talent that gives you poison use if you do not the prestige idea. I'm not sure why they don't already have one anyhow.

I'm taking another look over the characters now that I'm well rested, each will be given the thumbs up or down, and after that I'll be setting up the OOC

I think the rogue doesn't already have a poison use rogue talent because of so many GM's that see poisons as evil, and they didn't want to give a class that already has trouble with alignment an ability that would make it that much worse.

Black Howling

Quote from: Eternal Blade on March 19, 2011, 04:51:42 AM
I think the rogue doesn't already have a poison use rogue talent because of so many GM's that see poisons as evil, and they didn't want to give a class that already has trouble with alignment an ability that would make it that much worse.
Yeah, but you and I know that it's simply unlawful. Nothing evil about poisons, especially when depending on which ones you use.

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Black Howling on March 19, 2011, 04:53:12 AM
Yeah, but you and I know that it's simply unlawful. Nothing evil about poisons, especially when depending on which ones you use.

I think it more depends on how you use them, not which ones you use.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Eternal Blade on March 19, 2011, 04:54:57 AM
I think it more depends on how you use them, not which ones you use.

Is that like, "It's not the size of the dick, it's how it's used"?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Laughing Hyena

Meh. It's just a matter of practical use. After all what's the point of an advantage you won't use? Besides, you'll thank me when I use a poisoned dagger to sneak attack a mage with it trying to burn your ass with a fireball when paladins bring love and peace and adventurers knock on the door. :-)

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 19, 2011, 09:04:37 AM
Meh. It's just a matter of practical use. After all what's the point of an advantage you won't use? Besides, you'll thank me when I use a poisoned dagger to sneak attack a mage with it trying to burn your ass with a fireball when paladins bring love and peace and adventurers knock on the door. :-)

I find poisons to be just like any other weapon or tool in Pathfinder. None of them are things of love and peace, but we'd soon find our characters dead if we didn't use them.

Laughing Hyena

Meet the "Assassin" and Avenger. Luthor Taratos! And this is one person you DON'T want behind your back wanting you dead. Character Sheet

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 19, 2011, 09:56:45 AM
Meet the "Assassin" and Avenger. Luthor Taratos! And this is one person you DON'T want behind your back wanting you dead. Character Sheet

~Swoons~
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 19, 2011, 09:56:45 AM
Hyena, hate to sound chastising, but I think you missed one of my fluff rules.
Quote from: Black Howling on March 18, 2011, 09:16:20 AM
--This is a western themed game, so use only digital 3D and choice pieces of art for pictures. No anime, it's too oriental.
Your picture is decidedly anime. You also need to mark down your class skills, cause right now you're missing +3 to pretty much all of them. Aside from that, the character looks really good. Now I know I hate it when a GM tells me to change my pic but gives me nothing to work with, so I've taken the time to round a few up for you.