Dragon Age: Aftermath

Started by Primarch, August 11, 2012, 11:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Oreida Wesker and I would like to set up a Dragon Age RP set directly after the blight in Fereldon, with the country recovering from a civil war and the Darkspawn invasion there is much to clean up and much to rebuild.
We shall be taking the approach that there were multiple Grey Wardens recruited by Duncan (each of the Origin paths, respectively). The achievements in the game shall be split up among players (such as, a Human Noble character may have aided Arl Eamon & may have traveled to Soldier's Peak to bring the Grey Warden Keep back into working order while a Daelish Elf character may have helped the Daelish Elves, securing their aid against the blight and been the Champion that fought and killed Loghain.

This game aims to explore the politics and tensions of Fereldon after the events of the game, putting characters in positions where they must do what they can to help their people after assuming various leadership roles or aiding leaders. We'll also hopefully have some classic fantasy combat action, chasing down Darkspawn remnants, battling deadly Revanents & subtle Crows.

The game will be freeform with Oreida Wesker and I moderating when required (primarily if player versus player combat arises).
Each character may claim 2 in game major achievements, a suit of special armour/robes & a weapon. Although the game shall be freeform, we shall ask players to select skills from the game so as to develop an idea and guideline of what their character is strong at and where they are lacking.

Players may also choose to take on the role of a canon from the game (Such as Alister or Leliana) or may take on a complete OC based on no reference from the game, although we ask any Grey Wardens not based on an Origin Path (or Alister) please be after arriving in Fereldon after the blight.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b] Primary class, may also choose up to 2 Specializations, Awakening classes are allowed
[b]Origin Path:[/b] If applicable, NA will suffice if it is not

[b]Appearance:[/b] Image/game screenshot will suffice

[b]Equipment:[/b] May select 2 unique items (an armour set counts as 1), plus any other desired equipment
[b]Skills:[/b]  As "finished game" characters you may select up to 20, must take prerequisite talents. Level requirements may be ignored.

[b]History:[/b] Character backstory and events during the Fifth Blight

[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]

Origin Paths claimed
City Elf (Male & Female)
Dwarf Commoner
Elven Mage
Human Noble

In-Game Achievements/Events/Story points claimed
Return to Ostagar
Warden's Keep
Ser Cautherin's defeat
Loghain MacTyr's defeat
Paragon of Her Kind
Golems of Amgaraak
Unrest in the Alienage
Sacred Ashes
Saving Connor
Broken Circle/Magic Sympathizer

Unique Equipment Claimed
King Cailan's Armour Set
Starfang
Dragon Brand
Evon the Great's Mail
Felon's Coat
Rose's Thorn
Staff of the Magister Lords
Lifegiver

If you have any questions or comments please say~!
Otherwise character apps welcome.

Oreida Wesker

Game Links:
Dragon Age OOC Discussion Thread
  Aftermath - Warden's Keep
Aftermath - Denerim]https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151295.0]Aftermath - Denerim

MAP:

Claimed Origin Paths and Family Names
Human Noble
Family Name: Cousland
Class: Rogue
Taken By: DRoux

Elf - City
Family Name: Tabris
Class: Warrior/ Rogue
Taken by Primarch & Katra Alexion

Elf - Circle
Family Name: Surana
Class: Mage
Taken By  Latooni Subota

Dwarf - Commoner
Family Name: Brosca
Class: Warrior or Rogue
Taken By Orieda Wesker

Original Story Characters:

Human Noble
Family: Vargas of Rivain
Class: Rogue: Assassian & Legionaire
Created by RedFear

Open Origin Roles:

Dwarf – Noble
Royal Family Name: Aeducan
Class: Warrior / Rogue

Human Mage
Family Name: Amell
Class: Mage

Elf - Dalish
Family Name: Mahariel of Sabrae Clan
Class: Warrior, Rogue, Mage

[Reserved]
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Latooni Subota

Ooh! Primarch (And Oreida!) , this is a pretty awesome way to go about it. Consider me totally interested as a Magi, specifically an elven one. I need to go look up the big achievements and stuff from the game though, since I haven't played DA:O in a while! XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Oreida Wesker

Consider the Elven Mage in reserve.

Hots and Nots

DRoux

Any chance I can get the Human Noble?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Primarch

Latooni Subota

Oopsie, Oreida, I'm not the Dalish elf. I'm the Elven Mage. They're a different elfy surname (Surana) than the other elven options. >.>

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Primarch

I've started on my character application and in the event someone else has, I should state I aim to claim achieving the events that happen during the "Return to Ostagar" and "Soldiers Peak" DLC as my characters contributions during the blight. I intend to equip him with Cailan's armour however so the retrieved suit of Grey-Warden Commander Plate can have been gifted to someone else ;D

Oreida Wesker

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 11, 2012, 12:24:38 PM
Oopsie, Oreida, I'm not the Dalish elf. I'm the Elven Mage. They're a different elfy surname (Surana) than the other elven options. >.>

Oh right.. I never played a mage, I forgot there could be Elven in the circle. Most likely a City Elf since there are no mage elves in the Alienage. GOod catch. -scribbles down notes.-
Hots and Nots

DRoux

In the same spirit as Primarch's last post, I'm planning on claiming the Felon's Coat and Rose's Thorn, as well as being the one who killed Howe and Loghain, if the Landsmeet section isn't considered one event.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Primarch

Quote from: DRoux on August 11, 2012, 12:39:14 PM
In the same spirit as Primarch's last post, I'm planning on claiming the Felon's Coat and Rose's Thorn, as well as being the one who killed Howe and Loghain, if the Landsmeet section isn't considered one event.

Killing Howe only has real significance to the Human Noble. Killing for instance, Ser Cauthrien might warrant a claim of its own but not Howe. 

*edit: I'm also claiming the sword Starfang

Latooni Subota

Here's a question: Are we using Morrigan's trick for having the last Warden survive the final battle, or will one of the 'unused' Warden origins be the one that gets sacrificed?

DRoux

Then I think I'll tack Ser Cauthrien onto that list as well.

Primarch

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 11, 2012, 12:46:46 PM
Here's a question: Are we using Morrigan's trick for having the last Warden survive the final battle, or will one of the 'unused' Warden origins be the one that gets sacrificed?

If someone wants to take being the father to Morrigan's babe as one of their claims, they can. Otherwise we'll assume that Alister did the deed, or the trick was refused and Alister made the final strike on the Archdemon, unless someone wants to play Alister. 

Latooni Subota

I wouldn't mind Alistair being the king and daddy. Alistair is cool people. :3

Katra Alexion

Oreida told me about the game and I would like to reserve a spot :3

Primarch

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 12:59:31 PM
Oreida told me about the game and I would like to reserve a spot :3

Got anything in particular you want to reserve? :P

Oreida Wesker

Claiming  Paragon of Her Kind and Golems of Amgaraak, if anyone wants to share in those gritty tales, that'd be good.. And.. Wouldn't mind aiding you take back the Soldiers' Peak for the wardens, Primarch. Always good to have a dwarf when your up against magic. :P

Also, Oghren hanged out with her a lot, she even tried to help him out with hooking him and Felsi up.

Dibs on Evon the Great's Mail and DragonBrand the greatsword
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

I was thinking a city elf, but barring that if its already taken I could go for the for a Dalish mage.

Primarch

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 11, 2012, 01:24:57 PM
Claiming  Paragon of Her Kind and Golems of Amgaraak, if anyone wants to share in those gritty tales, that'd be good.. And.. Wouldn't mind aiding you take back the Soldiers' Peak for the wardens, Primarch. Always good to have a dwarf when your up against magic. :P
Certainly.

QuoteAlso, Oghren hanged out with her a lot, she even tried to help him out with hooking him and Felsi up.
Hur hur hur. My character is taking the Templar specialization, so I'm mentioning Alister trained him in that after joining him in the "Return to Ostagar."

QuoteStill trying to decide if my Brosca is Warrior or Rogue..
Dwarf Rogues always seemed weird to me.....

On another note, as there is numerous items of note to obtain in the "Return to Ostagar" DLC, which my character is claiming, I'm referencing that he "gifted the other wardens" with Duncan's swords & dagger and Cailan's swords & shield. So if anyone wants to take any of those as their unique item choices, feel free to decide being the Warden that accepted them. In the event nobody claims them, we'll just pretend it was Nug Crusher and the Repeater Gloves he gifted someone while the unclaimed loots are sitting in some trunk in Warden's Keep, same situation for the Grey-Warden Commander Plate.

Oreida Wesker

Really? Well I was eyeing the Starfang sword you can have forged in Solider's peak.. Awesome damage to dragons
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

I'll sit with a warrior, heh. be awesome to have a chick berserker, all pettite with a huge weapon. ^-^ Heehee.
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

to Prim: Is the city elf slot still open? I don't want to confuse anyone if it isn't >.<

to Oreida: I think Oghren might forget about Felsi in light of your gal *lol*

Primarch

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 11, 2012, 01:49:10 PM
Really? Well I was eyeing the Starfang sword you can have forged in Solider's peak.. Awesome damage to dragons

I claimed Starfang above, but I shall switch to The Summer Sword, my gift to you~

Quote from: Katra Alexion on August 11, 2012, 01:52:52 PM
to Prim: Is the city elf slot still open? I don't want to confuse anyone if it isn't >.<

Well I'm making a Male City Elf but I wouldn't mind sharing the origin for a female depending on what you have in mind?

Oreida Wesker

-juts her hip out and gives her rump a good smack- Ah, that mad dwarven stallion wouldn't know how to sauce her rump roast. Heh, he'll just pass out from the hotness.  It's okay, sexy you have your Starfang. I got the DragonBrand.. though I haven't looked over the waraxes and hammers yet.
Hots and Nots