Orchard Blossoms ( lesbian high fantasy cheesecake )

Started by Dhi, June 29, 2014, 10:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Joslyn

Quote from: Dhi on July 01, 2014, 03:52:45 PM
What has happened to the knowledge of the world that a great library is now needed? Is there a lost repository of knowledge somewhere?
Is Nihon reached by land or is it separated by a sea?

My thought was that knowledge in general--and knowledge of magic in particular--is highly fragmented due to rivalries based on race, nationality, social class, and perhaps magical guilds and religions with competing agendas. The library would represent an attempt to pool and open this knowledge to everyone and encourage the use of magic in a responsible way through education. There would be lecture facilities devoted to things like discussing ethics, magical research, and other debates. So like a less modern university.

Whether the idea is inspired or ridiculously naïve is very much in the eye of the beholder. Maybe Mira's vision will be curtailed by harsh reality, or she will fail completely. But despite having experienced a life of poverty first hand, Mira always wants to see the best in people or at least believe that they might change.

I went with the assumption that in this world, no one has attempted a "Great Library" before. But, it could be that such a thing has been attempted in the distant past and failed. Maybe it could be an old legend, and no one knows anymore if it was based on history or just a parable against hubris. And perhaps someday the party would find evidence one way or the other.

One potential problem is that Mira's vision is secular and anti-authoritarian (in the sense that she would be providing the "common folk" with knowledge and skills to better themselves), which might upset some religions as well as the less egalitarian governments.

Nihon would be reached by sea, though not necessarily a long trip. The famine was bad enough that the "Near Eastern" lands did not want the disruption of so many newcomers, so many families like the Ishikawas were forced to keep moving until they arrived in the West or the South.

Chrystal

I'm trying to find a better image of Yard-Hold. The photo I used is of a real castle somewhere. If you look closely at the arch there is what looks like part of an oil refinery cracking tower visible through it! *eyeroll*

I really can't find exactly what I'm looking for (I never can! I have an image in my head and the only way to create it exactly would be to spend the next week or two painting it myself!

These come close...

I'd like to know what people think, given my description of the castle? Thanks

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

MissFire

The first two look like evil lairs where Skeletor would have a summer home.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Joslyn

Quote from: Chrystal on July 01, 2014, 05:31:02 PM
I'm trying to find a better image of Yard-Hold. The photo I used is of a real castle somewhere. If you look closely at the arch there is what looks like part of an oil refinery cracking tower visible through it! *eyeroll*

I really can't find exactly what I'm looking for (I never can! I have an image in my head and the only way to create it exactly would be to spend the next week or two painting it myself!

I'd like to know what people think, given my description of the castle? Thanks

I like the first one best--the second just seems too dark for this type of game, and to me the third just feels slightly too regal even in ruins (though its not bad). The original was decent enough to get the idea across, honestly I didn't notice anything amiss until told what to look for.

I can sympathize with your problem, I never could find a picture of an elf that quite fit my original idea so I went in a slightly different direction.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Dhi on July 01, 2014, 03:52:45 PM
EbonyQueen:
What are a few lessons will Maya will need to learn from the outside world before the Mistresses will accept her as a Sky Claw Master?
Who are the enemies that the Masters protect the temple against?

It is very much meant to be a self-discovery journey, a journey to the far reaches of the 'world' very much a journey to teach someone about themselves. The 'basic' lessons she is supposed to learn are things like... Believe in yourself, but do not be overconfident, respect others if they respect you, understand all things exist in a balance as to gain something is to loose something of equal value.

The 'enemy' I see is a large heavily Patriarchal kingdom which lies just beyond the jungle itself. Lead by a ruthless King and promoting an outlook that women are property at best, breeding stock at worst. I 'see' it as being lead by a merchant king with a ruthless court, and armies of well armed and armored men.

Dhi

I had this image, unused, to illustrate what dwarven ruins might look like. Unfortunately it doesn't suggest something on the edge of a swamp, but you're welcome to use it if you'd like.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Dhi

ElvenKitten, some questions for you:
What was one incident where seducing a noblewoman led to a bad situation? Give names!
Where are the finest spellsword-attuned blades made, and who is their artisan?

Chrystal

Hmm. Found a few more that might work...

I think these are better

@ EK, I'm trying to work out why your character seems to have tentacles growing out of her boobs?

BeckyAnnn

(Chrystal I thought you went to bed.   :P  )

Hi guys.  This looks promising....and I think Chrystal is trying to entice me.

Let me try to catch up with the thread and I may have a character idea if the game is still open.

Chrystal

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on July 01, 2014, 06:58:19 PM
(Chrystal I thought you went to bed.   :P  )

Hi guys.  This looks promising....and I think Chrystal is trying to entice me.

Let me try to catch up with the thread and I may have a character idea if the game is still open.

I did, right after posting that!

I am enticing.... I am a chocolate gateaux smothered in thick whipped cream, (not the canned stuff, either, but proper cream that has been whipped like a submissive's backside).

BeckyAnnn

Okay, finished.  On to the interrogation.   ;)

Name: Surie
Species: Elf
Concept: A gentle spirit grounded in nature and knowledge
Ons: Kindness and caring, gentle creatures, books and wisdom.  Gentle (submissive) in nature but it is still possible to get her riled up. (ok so an occasional spanking isn't out of the question either.)
Offs: Cruelty and malice. Killing for the sake of killing.  Disregard for nature's creatures.

Physical Description: Small (about 4'11) and lithe.  Pale green eyes and golden hair.  Naturally pale skinned, she is  lightly tanned and her cheeks a continually tinted with a light blush.  Clothed in earth tones, she is never the less bare around her middle as well as her arms and legs.  Barefoot and light on her feet, rugged terrain rarely causes her any discomfort.  She sports a dagger at her hip though she is hardly proficient at hand to hand combat.   On her other hip is a small leather pouch in which she keeps her preferred weapon.

Personality: Quiet and gentle, Surie is hardly the kind one would expect to find in a troop off to slay anything.  Infinitely more comfortable with the creatures of the forest than she is with the more evolved and "civilized" species.  A lover of books and gentle creatures, she can spend hours buried deep in the pages of some manuscript or communing with the animals. 

Close quarter combat using her dagger is a last resort for the small elf.  Her greatest offensive weapons are stealth and a small blow gun she keeps stashed in her leather pouch.  With poisoned dipped bolts the size of tooth picks she can take down a foe from thirty yards away.  She can kill an enemy in a manner of seconds or simply put them to sleep for several hours. 

Surie's knowledge of naturally occurring poisons is rivaled by her knowledge the medicinal properties of the plants in the region.  Far from what one would consider a healer, she none the less has the knowledge and skills to render aid to an injured comrade. Her related knowledge of plants and herbs makes her a pretty damned good cook to though she does not enjoy it and prefers just to tell others what to do. 

History: Surie is of noble birth but not a princess.  A child of Ravenwood, during its isolationist period, the young elfling had access to the vast knowledge of the elves and spent much time lost in the ancient, and not so ancient, manuscripts of her people.  She knew their histories inside and out   but nothing gave her more joy than discovering everything she could about the natural world.

Much to her father’s disapproval, Surie had a knack for “getting lost” and wandering off.  With a pack full of “borrowed” manuscripts the young elf would disappear for days at a time while explored the world outside her kingdom.  Using the maps and manuscripts from the elven troves, learned the geography and topography of the realm.  And with diagrams and descriptions from the manuscripts she learn to identify the plants on the realm and medicinal or poisonous properties they possessed.  (Another curious skill the elf seemed to have developed while in the wilderness was the ability to communicate with animals via some sort of telepathy.  Because the communication is non-verbal and the animals don’t actually do anything for her, they mostly just answer her questions, it is hard for anyone to know she is doing it and she herself will neither confirm nor deny it.)

On one of her little excursions, Surie encountered a spy from the north on her way to Crown Cape.  The pair shared a meal together consisting on nuts and berries Surie had gathered and some dried meat the spy carried.  The elf was fascinated by the weapon the spy chose to carry.  Nearly as tall as Surie herself, the spy used the long hollow tube to blow razor tipped darts at her foes.  Surie learned as much as she could about the weapon and then the two parted amiably and went their separate ways.   

Surie returned home, endured the usual lecture from her father, then set about designing a blow gun of her own.  The spy’s blow gun was obviously to long for the small elf so she fashioned one about four inches long that would be easily carried and concealed.  The bolts she made from twigs not much thicker than a hay straw, sharpened to a point.  She practiced with her new weapon daily, learning its range and penetrating power.  Her very first living target was her father, with a bolt dipped in just enough of a certain poison to put him to sleep for a few hours. 

On another, more recent, excursion, Surie was exploring the southern regions of the realm.  Knowing the reputation and accounts of the region the elf stayed far away from any settlements and avoided contact with any except the forest creatures.  One evening she encountered……a being….. that referred to himself only as the Tmavy Jeden.  Suruie spent weeks with the being.  She had fallen in love with him instantly, she would later tell her father.  It is unclear if the young elf partook of the being’s “dark essence” or, if she had, how much of it she retained. 

In some way the Surie still does not understand, the story somehow made it to the courts and she was summoned before the king.  Before the entire court and much to her father’s shame, the young elf retold the same story she had related to her father, Kharis.  Without witness or proof the court declared her defiled by the being and the king passed judgment on the young she elf.  She was banished from the kingdom, never to return home, spending the rest of her days wandering the wilderness alone….which as it turned out was exactly where Surie wanted to be in the first place. 

In what three ways would you most aid an adventuring party? Surie's knowledge of natural poisons make her a sly and covert killer.  Her skills and knowledge of medicinal plants makes her a valuable member of the team as does her stealth and ability to immobilize a foe from a distance.   
In what way might you hinder an adventuring party? Surie's small size and lack of training make her a poor fighter.  A soft heart and love for all living creatures makes her reluctant to cause harm.

Chrystal

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on July 02, 2014, 06:35:01 AM
Species: Elf
prefers just to tell others what to do. 

Sounds about right.... LOL

Bossy-boots immortals always ordering other folk around...

(I'm getting into character by the way). I know I haven't put anything about being prejudiced against elves in Nitzy's profile, but that's because she isn't really prejudiced, she just doesn't like them much. Of course Surie could always attempt to alter her opinion...

BeckyAnnn

Or Surie could just knock her out and leave her behind.

BeckyAnnn

The Nit is just jealous because the elf is taller.

Chrystal

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on July 02, 2014, 07:36:37 AM
Or Surie could just knock her out and leave her behind.

Or the halfling could just slit the elf's throat while she's asleep.....?

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on July 02, 2014, 07:42:07 AM
The Nit is just jealous because the elf is taller.

Pfft. You know Sourie is French for Mouse, don't you?

And the elf is only jealous because she's too tall! *pokes tongue out*

For everyone else's benefit...

Becky and I are great friends, this sort of verbal sparing is totally normal for us and is all in good fun. She's only doing it because she wants me to spank her. But... I'm not going to! MUAHAHAHAAAAA!

BeckyAnnn

And Chrystal is only doing this because she wants Surie to try and change the Nit' s attitude towards elves (see earlier comments).

Secretly the half-ling lusts after elves but has been rebuffed too many times for her big ugly feet.

*hugs her Chrystal

Chrystal

Quote from: BeckyAnnn on July 02, 2014, 08:11:31 AM
And Chrystal I'd only doing this because she wants Surie to try and change the Nit ' s attitude towards elves (see earlier comments).

Secretly the half-ling lists after elves but has been rebuffed too many times for her big ugly feet.

*hugs her Chrystal
Quote from: BeckyAnnn on July 02, 2014, 08:12:21 AM
Damn auto correct

BWAHAHA!!! Serves you right!

All the better to kick your backside with!

BeckyAnnn

The vertically challenged Nit could not kick that high and Surie will not "lower" herself to the half-ling ' level.

Dhi

Good morning! We've gone a little bit over the expected number of characters, but there's always some attrition so that's okay. BeckyAnnn, once you figure out your character's history I'll have some questions for you. Afterward I'll put up a character sheet thread, an OOC where you can spank each other as much as you like, and work on getting the IC started.

So let's discuss the rating for the game.
Bondage: This is almost a given for the genre and a lot of the tastes I see in O&Os. It would be difficult to swing this kind of game without some kind of BDSM element, but it won't be mandatory either.
Non-Consensual: If defeat doesn't mean death, this could entail NC. As Chrystal has said, the NC would be against the wishes of the character, but not the player, and it would be discussed beforehand. One thing that's important is preserving the lighthearted tone of the game, so if there is NC, it won't be appropriate to deal with realistic trauma. If anyone is uncomfortable with lesbian rape behind handled in such a cavalier way, we might ought to avoid this rating.
Extreme: Dragon oviposition might be considered bestiality, or it might just be exotic. If monster loving continues to be a theme, and if actual beasts are ever going to be wanted, this is a rating to consider.

If we decide to go with a lower rating but there's later a scene that crosses it, we can simply make a new thread. A solid base, though, will ensure that the narrative doesn't become too fragmented.

Dhi

I will be using this flowery border for the portraits I'll be posting for NPCs.

Anyone want one for characters? I don't think portraits will be strictly needed for PCs, but making it is no trouble at all. I only need an image 150x200 to apply the border to.

Elzith

Quote from: Dhi on July 02, 2014, 11:31:46 AM
Good morning! We've gone a little bit over the expected number of characters, but there's always some attrition so that's okay. BeckyAnnn, once you figure out your character's history I'll have some questions for you. Afterward I'll put up a character sheet thread, an OOC where you can spank each other as much as you like, and work on getting the IC started.

Bondage: This is almost a given for the genre and a lot of the tastes I see in O&Os. It would be difficult to swing this kind of game without some kind of BDSM element, but it won't be mandatory either.
Non-Consensual: If defeat doesn't mean death, this could entail NC. As Chrystal has said, the NC would be against the wishes of the character, but not the player, and it would be discussed beforehand. One thing that's important is preserving the lighthearted tone of the game, so if there is NC, it won't be appropriate to deal with realistic trauma. If anyone is uncomfortable with lesbian rape behind handled in such a cavalier way, we might ought to avoid this rating.
Extreme: Dragon oviposition might be considered bestiality, or it might just be exotic. If monster loving continues to be a theme, and if actual beasts are ever going to be wanted, this is a rating to consider.

If we decide to go with a lower rating but there's later a scene that crosses it, we can simply make a new thread. A solid base, though, will ensure that the narrative doesn't become too fragmented.

Personally I reckon that just sticking it under the extreme tag would the easiest way to handle it, simply to stop having to change groups or anything. It does not have to happen though. Just a precaution.

Quote from: Dhi on July 02, 2014, 11:56:35 AM
I will be using this flowery border for the portraits I'll be posting for NPCs.

Anyone want one for characters? I don't think portraits will be strictly needed for PCs, but making it is no trouble at all. I only need an image 150x200 to apply the border to.

That'd be great!
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

MissFire

Ladies, ladies, no fighting, please. If you cannot sort out your differences on your own, Elisse will have to counsel you both. Find comfort in her bosom while she puts her healing hands to work.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Chrystal

Here we go...

If anyone wants a pic re-sizing, cropping, etc, I'm quite happy to do that.

Quote from: Dhi on July 02, 2014, 11:31:46 AM

Dragons are generally considered as intelligent creatures, and ought to be handled as a regular NPC rather than a "beast". On the other paw, if we go with extreme, it leaves the door open for punishing a player character by (for example) stripping her naked and strapping her underneath Loveday's griffon mount! *giggles*

Really Dhi, it depends on what sort of things you want to do. Personally, I find that treating N/C in a light-hearted way is often preferable to treating it seriously, it just depends who I'm playing with. This group, especially if that Becky person is playing, I can't see any way it could possibly get heavy!

Sticking something in Extreme is actually not always the best policy. I know it means that the thread(s) Would not need moving later, but it can also discourage players from taking part.

Personally I would go with N/C Exotic Freeform Small Groups unless actual bestiality or bathroom play is planned. Moving threads is the easiest thing staff and mods do.