News:

Main Menu

School Days

Started by JadenMystic, August 11, 2011, 07:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JadenMystic

So I registered my kids for the upcoming school year. No biggie, Right? Well, I had no problems with registering my daughter last Thursday. My son had registration Tuesday and today. I registered him on Tuesday, but since he's starting middle school they had a "Camp" for all 6th graders.  I mention to the Assistant Principle that my son is special needs, that he has Autism, and needs to have an adult with him because he sometimes wanders off.

He went off with his group, and I sat thru the parent meeting that was today from 2-4pm ET USA, and when it was over I went to find my son, and he was no where to be found. From what I had been told, they assigned an 8th grader to keep an eye on him, and when the kids were dismissed, he was left in the cafeteria. The parents weren't even told where to find the kids at. And this isn't the first issue I've had with the school system.

Back in May when he was being transitioned to Middle/Jr High school, they tried to bus him to the furthest Middle school in the school district. Abandoning him from all his family being close to him if he were to need help during the day. After I posted a letter on that school systems page, and the school system my child is supposed to be in's facebook page, I got a call about 24-48 hours later telling me he was moved to the school I registered him at.

Tuesday, when they gave me his class schedule, they had messed it up by giving him a "normal" child's schedule with his name on it. I told the teacher that handed it to me that my son was special needs, had an IEP, and is supposed to have an aide with him in the classroom. The way they divided the class grade, they didn't even have him in the half that had special needs help! After talking to the counselor, she got his schedule changed, and his locker changed so he was closer to where the special ed room is in the school.

Three different issues. All resulting in what I feel is going to be one heck of a school year. Hopefully the three strikes they already have will be able to be cleared away once the school year begins.

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

JadenMystic

I received a note from my son's teacher today stating that my son took a pair of scissors and cut his own eyelashes today. In the note written by the teacher, she states that my son got them from her desk and said that he has a difficult time staying/keeping hands off her desk. I want to know why the teacher had the scissors on her desk where the kids could get a hold of them in the first place. I also want to know why no one was paying attention to him. Who failed in watching him?

This isn't the first incident I've had to report thru this this school year. During Camp Parkview, I mentioned to the principal that my son is special needs and needs an adult with him at all times. They assigned an 8th grader to him and they lost him in the school building for 20minutes after the camp was completed.

Also, the first day of school my son was picked up by his school bus an hour before school was even over to be returned home. What is going on with this school?  I thought school was supposed to be a safe place for our children to go. What are your thoughts?

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

ZenFranklin

Hi my name is Zen Franklin like to join this community as a new member. i am a great lover of watching movies and I love social relations and introduce to new people to make them friends and gain some knowledge from them, that’s why I am here.