Super Smash Bros. Bangin' (Accepting Applicants)

Started by SammyGirl, May 12, 2014, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyGirl

It's okay that everyone hasn't been too active. Honestly it's been hard for me to get on to post either, mainly because of my promotion at work. I had to take a two week class to get certified, and now I have to take three weeks on the job training. It's turning out to be much harder than I expected. I am going to try to post today for everyone, though, and if not today, tomorrow for sure.

EdwardShane

I understand Sammy, no worries :) As I stated before, I have grown attached to this RP and don't intend to leave.  It's understandable that you had to take some time to settle your RL, and it is really good to hear from you.  Hope things settle down for you a bit soon!

Conflict

Surprising no one, I must sadly resign from this RP. RL troubles are getting in the way a little much, which is a shame, because this really is an interesting concept. May we all meet again in greener pastures.

Con
Currently Playing: This War of Mine
Currently Reading: Robinson Crusoe

SammyGirl

Thank you for letting us know, I really appreciate when people keep me informed. I understand. RL comes first, frustratingly enough sometimes. I'll remove you from the applicant list, but if you ever want to revisit us sometime, be sure to drop by.

EdwardShane

Aww....sad to see you go, Conflict.  I was looking forward to interacting with Zelda/Sheik...but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Take care, and hope to see you later on maybe!

SammyGirl

Mathim has bowed out, leaving bomberman an open character if anyone wants him.

EdwardShane

SammyGirl

Yeah, it is a shame....

anyways, one week down and two weeks to go, guys. Hopefully once my training is over I'll have a nice set schedule where I can post regularly. I'm still trying to keep up here, though, so don't feel the need to wait on me.

EdwardShane

SammyGirl

They changed the bid date on me, so my schedule is messed up for a little longer.

Good news is, I managed to post for you XD
In the meantime, we need to get Samus, Zero, and pikachu to the trailer park. They were pretty badly messed up.

apygoos

so since this game has remained relatively small [participant wise, not necessarily character wise ;)] i figured id throw my green cap back into the ring. depending on how i feel i may look into more down the line

Character name:Link
Character Gender and Species:Male Hylian
Originating Game:The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
5 words to describe personality:Quiet, intelligent, strong, reserved, courageous.
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Link is a master swordsman, as his sword, The Master Sword would imply. His swordsmanship is complimented by a whole arsenal of gadgets including a shield, bow, bombs, a mythical boomerang, double clawshot, and so on. He also still bears the twilight shard that inadvertently became a gift from the former adversary Zant. This allows him to take the form of a wolf looking twilight beast. According to what Princess Midna told him years ago, a beast that is sacred to the Twili.
Pokemon or other partner (examples include: Navi for Link, pikmin for Olimar, Toad for Peach):Unsure at the moment...
Brief History: This incarnation of Link is already familiar with the multidimensional battleground. After the events that dealt with the subspace emmissary. Link thought it best for the most part to remain in Hyrule. Though this game of might and honor, he ahd come to find out a previous incarnation of himself fought twice, and was a founding member. The Hero of Time as they all heralded him. To that end, he felt like despite saving Hyrule from this incarnation of Ganon, he still had something to prove. He wonders every day if he should have returned to the twilight realm with Princess Midna. They saved each others lives time and again in their journey between two worlds. The Hero of Twilight still remained a loyal knight to Princess Zelda, and while assuming it was by choice, his encounters and experiences in the Smash Brothers ranks make him wonder if their fates were that interconnected.

He didn't mind, not at all. Zelda was strong, and as fierce a warrior as she was a fair ruler, but were his and her descendants forced to forever be in this cycle? The bloodline of the princess and the spirit of the hero. Perhaps being the quiet type has worked against him to an end. Even the princess has become so accustomed to him not saying anything that  she simply take quick reads of his facial expressions to get his response. Despite being the wielder of the Triforce of Courage, a forever reminder on the back of his left hand. he was shy, and to an end, socially awkward.

Zelda had already left, She was going to go do it again. With Hyrule in relative peace, he left the king and his knights to their business. Departing for the nexus world of all thigns Smash, the Hylian swordsman hoped that maybe this time it wouldn't be all about fighting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqTW13AYniY
because Link kicks ass in this, and Pally is hot as hell.

might i also suggest that you make an ooc thread in the same area as the ic, so that way this is used for recruitment only.

SammyGirl

Dude... that video is awesome. And YES, we need a Link!!!!!!!
Samus needs him as much as anyone else XDDD

<<;

Anyways, I'd love it if you played with us. The story isn't too far along yet, so it shouldn't be too hard to get involved. We could always use more players!

EdwardShane

YES, fresh mea-.....I mean, new person! :D Welcome!

apygoos

id also like to stress and point out for the skimmers: This Link is Twilight Princess Link***
he is very aware of his past lives and what may be future lives.
Samus needs Link? interesting...
Whatever seems like a good entry point for Link

Ace Flyer

Aww...I just saw this, and was about to post up Link for myself, only to be beaten to the punch...Oh well. Consider me interested, I just need to figure out some other characters to play...

And, seeing as I saw Kerrigan/Queen of Blades, I'm assuming this isn't restricted to just Nintendo character/character than have been on a Nintendo console?

SammyGirl

The characters have to have appeared in a game on a nintendo system, which is why Kerrigan is allowed.
The only other restrictions are no characters that originated in books or movies.

At any rate, I hope you find a character you like! There's a LOT to choose from

EdwardShane

Quote from: Ace Flyer on June 30, 2014, 12:46:41 PM
Aww...I just saw this, and was about to post up Link for myself, only to be beaten to the punch...Oh well. Consider me interested, I just need to figure out some other characters to play...

And, seeing as I saw Kerrigan/Queen of Blades, I'm assuming this isn't restricted to just Nintendo character/character than have been on a Nintendo console?

There was an N64 release of Starcraft.  Clever research for the win! XD

apygoos

SammyGirl

Samus and Zero will be going back to the trailer park. Link could meet up with them there. If he's aware of his past incarnations, he'd probably know about the link that came to the smash bros. before. Just an idea.

But yeah, Samus and Zero will be at the trailer park soon

Ace Flyer

Hm, still hunting for some characters my muse likes...Are there any specific types the game needs more of right now? Heroes, villains, males, females?

Probably going to end up with a few characters at least, with Dark Link in mind for at least one (my loophole to play Link still, if that's okay :p ). Any suggestions from anyone else, though?

EdwardShane

Quote from: Ace Flyer on July 04, 2014, 02:36:02 AM
Hm, still hunting for some characters my muse likes...Are there any specific types the game needs more of right now? Heroes, villains, males, females?

Probably going to end up with a few characters at least, with Dark Link in mind for at least one (my loophole to play Link still, if that's okay :p ). Any suggestions from anyone else, though?

*clears throat, whips out a scroll that rolls onto the floor and out the nearest doorway*

no, just kidding.  XD  In all seriousness though, I think it'd be cool to see a character from either Chrono Trigger or Golden Sun, if you are familiar with either.

SammyGirl

Let's see... We could use almost any of the actual Smash Bros, as most of them aren't taken (Mario or Ike would play a massive role.) Dark Link is also fine.

Some games I might suggest picking from otherwise would be Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, Dragon Quest, or Pokemon. There's a lot to choose from in any of those games if you know them.

Edit: Also, my schedule change is official! Starting July 13th, you will see more of me because my schedule will stop being weird and annoying! I look forward to posting more!

EdwardShane

Awesome!  It will be good to see you around more, Sammy.  Looking forward to it, and glad things are settling down!

Ace Flyer

*facepalms* How could I forget games like Chrono Trigger and Golden Sun? I feel...failed, as a Nintendo fanboy...

I'll get to work on profiles when I'm done playing Company of Heroes 2 today. Dark Link, Marth, possibly one or two more, depending on if I think I can play anyone from a few other games well enough...Looking forward to joining this soon!

EdwardShane

It's okay.  It happens to the best of us...all the same, it sounds like you have good character choices already