They Will Crow [Black and White] [Purgatory] [Adv.]

Started by bluecoco, June 11, 2013, 12:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluecoco

They Will Crow

"When the crows come
black against the darkening sky
their wings obscure the sun
and small sounds drown in their strident caws.

Again and again they dive
From tree to ground
feathers gleaming
where stray sunrays touch.

And when the mountains turn blue
with the haze of evening
the crows lift off in ebony formation
head toward some secret roost
where they blend into the night."

This is a world of only black and white.

Of survival in the black forest and the eerie white tunnels. These two locations are where the story will begin. Think of this world as a deadman's land, a "purgatory", where the habitants are not sure where exactly they are or how they got there. Even previous memories seem fuzzy, the harder you try to remember, the more you forget. It is a state of nowhere, of confusion, of emptiness. No sense of time passing, or knowing how long you've been there or will be. Besides the tunnels and forest, nothing else surrounds you. No ocean to sail, no buildings off in the far distance.

One day you just appear here. Before, you may have been a charitable being, or you may have been a murderer, a drug addict, or a preacher - but none of that will matter after the moment you wake up. Where you are is a place of extremes. As your eyes adjust to the light, you realize there is no color. Just black, white, and shades of grey. The longer your eyes adjust, you notice more. You are on what appears to be a border in the earth, clearly marked by a line. On one side is what looks to be black grass, bleeding into tall, dense black trees that seem to repeat on and on. Your other side there appears to be smooth white rock upon the ground, leading to the start of two large tunnel entrances. White lights emanate from unseen bulbs all along the tunnel walls. You worry that you may be deaf, for all you have heard so far is silence, but above you find hope. There you see, against the dull grey sky, large black crows dotting the black canvas. They caw, as if directing targeting you. They are letting the others know you have arrived.

The next thing you notice are these others. A few newcomers on the same "line" as you, and then off in the distance, figures form from color blobs. White-like shadows in the forest and black shadows against the pearly white tunnels. Contradictory unknowns already trouble you. But what do you feel, if anything at all?

"Where do I go?" You may find yourself asking. But this is your choice.

~*~
Am I dead? Yes, well, sort of. Your soul lives on in this world, physicalized. You look the same as you did in your past life, except in shades of black and white.
What is my purpose? A choice between right and wrong, good and evil. You were sent here for reflection, salvation, or punishment, depending on how you see it.
What is the symbolism behind all the crows in the land, both forest and in the tunnels? The crows symbolize doom and hope all in one. They can consume you, or deliver you. They can help you, or they can hurt you. A crow may choose to follow you in particular around, or they may not.
How should I spend my days? Similar to purpose. Will you try and save a black shadow from the point of no return, or will you ruin a white shadow until they have no energy to resist?
~*~

There are two divisions that after a while, souls will start classifying themselves as. If not consciously, it will happen subconsciously. Those two divisions are as follows:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Ombres Blanches Example:
The "Ombres Blanches" (White shadows), which habit the black forest. These souls are often genuine, nonviolent beings. They reside inside the black forest, using the tall trees as protection to hide themselves from the Ombres Noires. Their humanesque form is brighter in light which resonates from their center out. This group doesn't like this "world" at all, and live in a constant fear that they may be taken and corrupted by the Ombres Noires, black shadows. Many times before they have seen one of their kind slowly fade, darker and darker, until they gravitate over to white tunnel territory.  Newcomers to the white shadows have been very few over the years, which means they are more vulnerable. To counter this, they have developed somewhat unconventional methods uncharacteristic of this group: sensual "spiritual cleanses" and "group bonding activities"... basically, 'pure sex'.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Ombres Noires Example:

The "Ombres Noires" (Black Shadows) inhabit the white tunnels. They are dirty, angry, horny souls; violent to themselves and others. They start trouble, get involved in devious acts. They prey on white shadow beings for their tasty innocence, ambushing the black forests where they so conveniently blend in. Sometimes they manage to steal a few Ombres Blanches and bring them back to the tunnels, where they are often abused mentally and physically. This group is the dominant way of living in this land. The majority means they can terrorize freely, without any remorse.

The eviler the soul, the darker your soul appears until you may become completely consumed by the black shadow. At this stage you are a Ome. You no longer can be heard speaking, except through telepathy. Ome can disrupt the last safe place white shadows feel safe: their minds. They can make them see things they want, and make them believe something is happening to them that actually isn't.

The counter partner to Ome is the Ume. The white shadow beings can reach a state of Ume, a pure white shadow, which can altogether leave this world and move on. It rarely happens, and is never seen by many, but it is said the Ume are carried up through the grey sky on the backs of the crows.

Then there are those who hover, Grey Shadows (you appear the color grey) on the border between both sides, the most fragile of souls. They are easily swayed by both sides and end up being the ones more sexually harassed. 

Black Forest Location:
The White Shadows congregate in Stoop Landing. It is a small, flat opening free of trees. From here and out, there are trees hollowed out, made for perfect hiding spots for when Black Shadow collectors come around, searching for newcomers/victims to take back to the White Tunnels. While often they are preyed on my Black Shadows, they are not completely absent of powers. They can change an ombre noire to one of them, an ombre blanche. Through meditation, but not surprisingly, through similar methods that the other side uses. Sexual therapy. If ever a white shadow notices a lingering soul on the line, they will do their job in winning over the soul to the light side. This could lead to getting drunk off forest water and berries, and harmless games through the maze of trees, and what not. They do their best to enjoy the Black Forest.

White Tunnel Locations:
Right side entrance- This is where devious acts tend to take place. Fights, rapes, gang bangs, torture - Ombres Noires take pleasure in the pain of their brighter cohorts. And with nothing much else to do, things like this happen a lot. The Left entrance- the 'corruption' tunnel, with structures meant to hold souls in place and force darkness to bleed from their white hearts. This is also the side that those go to when battling with an inner struggle. Either entrance is not for the faint of mind.

~*~

So what is your choice? Or better put, what draws you in the most? White shadows… black shadows? Will you survive and thrive, or wither and hide?
Available options: Your character was once a human, now soul. It has been dropped in a dark dimension where things are only in black and white, like old movie films. Upon arrival of your character's soul to this 'land of shadows', you will need to choose: 1 White Shadow, 2 Grey Shadow, 3 Black Shadow, 4 Ome. And if you have been there for a while or are a newcomer.

Scenes to be offered from the start:
A) A few newcomers arrive (AVAILABLE spots) - already a battle for the new souls begin. Both the Ombres Noires and Ombres Blanches send their best out to recruit them to their side. The first thing a newcomer see's upon arrival is an inverted mirror of color down a line, With them as grey in the middle. Sway a newcomer however you'd like, but don't make them angry or they might choose the other side.

B) In the Black Forest: A festival is prepared, though not the usual type. The hollows of trees were lit with candles and incense was burning along with a small fire. A meeting takes place on a plan to pick a black shadow and convert them to the light --> an old member of theirs had been corrupted, and they wanted her/him back (SPOT/S AVAILABLE)

C) In the White Tunnels: On the left, a couple grayish-black shadows lurked with black light streaming from their chest like a steady pool. In hours they would make a complete transition to the black shadow colony in the tunnels to the right. On the right tunnel was a sort of 'field day'. Competitions of strength and speed took place, along with other festivities like messing around with captured Blanches. Cute, terrified little things. (SPOTS AVAILABLE)

Interest Check. Looking for people to play characters on all sides. :D

((Did a major edit with the descriptions, so check if you've read this version! thanks!))

CURRENT CHARACTERS

WHITE SHADOWS:

Evelyn Rose played by EtherealDreamer

BLACK SHADOWS:

Victor Stone played by Kazon
Cecillia played by Bluecoco/GM

Etherealdreamer

White light... Always white. Count me in! I shall lurk with interest to see how the game info progresses and other faces emerge, although I already have a decent idea of what I'll do. :)
'Cherish friendship in your breast-
New is good, but old is best;
Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.'

bluecoco

Awesomeee :D

I will have my character sheets up soon. I will most likely have one character for each side, just so I can guide people along the storyline fairly. Very much looking forward to your idea for a character!

Kdyami

I'd be interested in a black shadows character.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

bluecoco

Name: Cecilia / Cell for short. No need for last names here.

Age: Appears to be mid twenties but has been in this land for a while. She lost count of the years.

Appearance: Being of the Black Shadows, she nas a natural black light glowing from her skin, like the rest. She is tall, thin, and sultry. You never really need to change clothes in this place, having the same clothes on that you first arrived in. Some abandon these clothes altogether and go nude, or make clothing from the land.

Desires: She enjoys watching in the corruption of a fresh White Shadow, watching their bright soul turn darker and darker. She also desires to steal her own white shadow to personally corrupt.

Enjoys: Group corruption activities.. Not only does she like to assault the unwilling but be willingly assaulted along side them. She likes to tie shadows up and toy with them for hours. She likes watching the Omes at work, fascinated by their power. One day she wants to experience an Ome herself.

Personality: She laughs wildly and rarely rests. She lies a lot. She gets along with those in her circle. She is like the devil on your shoulder, suggesting things that you may not have thought to do before. Usually dark, bad things. She is truly corrupted. She believes she has lost the capability of feeling.

Turn ons: Bondage, toys, watching girls and guys squeal from pain and pleasure of her doing. She likes to be watched by others, especially while in sexual acts.

Turn offs: When a White Shadow refuses to break, and when one of her kind switch sides. Nothing much upsets her or turns her off though. The way things were, the Black Shadows had this land under their control and this keeps her in a comfortable state of bliss and horniness.

Julles

Curious. Very curious. Interested to the extreme.

Etherealdreamer

Name: Evelyn Rose

Age: 20, perhaps 22. Time blurs the memory of the beginning before the blackness in the place of what once was.

Appearance: Her presence is something that is felt as much as it is seen when she appears, leading many of the older and more experienced Ombres Noires to believe that Evelyn, or 'Eve', as many call her, is one of the highly elusive Ume. The very core of her being seems to radiate from the inside out, projecting the warm, soothing desire that has made her what she is; a vision of virility and an agent of ardor delicately molded into one svelte, supple, alluring piece. To be quite frank, Eve doesn't know for sure what she is either, save that she is one of the eldest of the Ombres Blanches that has yet to pass on. Gauze or silken wraps, filmy sarongs, and gossamer sheaths please her dress tastes best, however, Eve has been known to dress up according to others' desires. Even in a world devoid of color, Eve's kinky locks seem the purest thing about her. All that light and feathery froth of silky hair seems even paler a thing beside the brilliant, multifaceted nature of her eyes. Freckles that highlight instead of dim in pigment dust along the dips and valleys of her skin, coloring her more ethereal than is the norm. To see her is to dare and dream of a life you once had, of pleasures that once inspired your greatest hopes, of things that brought you your greatest delight, or your body it's purest state of bliss. To know her is another matter entirely...

Desires: The salvation and elevation of shadows to Umes where they may soar with the crows and find peace. To one day feel fulfilled enough in her desired task and reach beyond the veil herself is her ultimate goal.

Enjoys: Eve absolutely loves watching her fellow Ombres Blanches serve and bring men and women to the White in an upward spiral of ecstasy rich song. Every now and again, her empathy swells to uncontrollable heights, and she feels compelled to add her own essence to the mix. This happens by feeding off the pleasures of others, both great and small, and then projecting them outward in an evanescent miasma to further enhance the 'cleansing'.

Personality: Eve, like many others, finds the past and her reason for her current state a mystery. However, there is one thing Eve is sure of, and that's her purpose is to charm, sooth, and salvage as many lost shadows as she can- be they black, grey, or fresh and white. Her disposition is sweet to say the least, although that's something gleaned easily from an initial look, it is that deeper scan that reveals Eve's true nature, which is benevolence at it's brightest. Soft spoken, but unshakable in her resolve, this white shadow has a seemingly effortless way of asserting her presence with her very language. Confident, yet humble. Docile, yet assertive. Calm, yet fervent. Pliant, yet unbending.

Turn Ons: Giving pleasure to a single entity, or a group. Body worship. Rejuvenating, supporting, and otherwise rekindling the spirit of a new or wayward shadow via sexual healing and 'pure' adulterous play. 'Curing the craving'.

Turn Offs: When a black shadow refuses pleasure and instead chooses pain. Losing a white to the grey or a grey to the black; an agony born of emotional loss, not pride. Torture. Humiliation. 'Dark' bondage.

bluecoco

Oh nice I like Evelyn!! Very nice character sheet! Obviously she is accepted! I am in the works of creating my White Shadow character so she should be up soon. :D

Etherealdreamer

Quote from: bluecoco on June 12, 2013, 05:14:42 PM
Oh nice I like Evelyn!! Very nice character sheet! Obviously she is accepted! I am in the works of creating my White Shadow character so she should be up soon. :D

Sweet, and thanks! I can't wait to see how the rest of the incoming characters flesh out. I hope this catches fire and takes off soon. I'm itching to work with a good group.

Kazon

Name: Victor Stone

Age: Mid 30s? Possibly older, but the shadows hide much.

Desires: The subjugation of the white, to obtain what he believes is the holy place of the Ome. In Victor's mind there is no greater state of existence. However, he believes it would be a lesser triumph if it did not come on his own terms. His code of ethics (perverse as it is) must be upheld, or his accomplishments mean nothing.

Enjoys: Luring lone shadows into his web, presenting them with challenges - games of the mind and body. The more intricate and difficult, the better. Rather than take a shadow directly, he prefers creating an environment where one would beg for his favor. A pale white shadow on her knees is a picture of heaven.

Personality: Once upon a time, Victor was a Holy Knight, of a goddess now forgotten. His sense of honor runs deep, even though he himself has been long since corrupted. In his former life he was able to deny himself of lust and depravity, but now he has long since fallen. Victor still speaks as one of the anointed, with respect and valor, but his words and his spirit are twisted.

Turn Ons: Control, domination... especially from a distance, knowing that this is what he has created. Watching, being watched, and drinking in the corruption of those who stare into those windows.

Turn Offs: Those who break too easily. The lack of a challenge. Sycophants and fools. The game must be worth playing - and it must be worth winning.
Don't fuck with an engineer.

Drake Valentine

*Idly bookmarks.*

Maybe. Lack of colors would make things harder to write though. I'll see how much attention it gets first and then come back to it. ^^

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Etherealdreamer

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 16, 2013, 12:32:49 AM
*Idly bookmarks.*

Maybe. Lack of colors would make things harder to write though. I'll see how much attention it gets first and then come back to it. ^^

That's a silly reason! Silly I say! Different? Sure. But a challenge? Sillllyyyy. You'll be back. This is too cool to stay away.

Katiana

Etherealdreamer

Quote from: Katiana on June 16, 2013, 08:49:24 AM
I like this, I keep coming back to it......

Do iiiiit. I'm almost itching to play at this point. No lie. I'm signed up with about 4 different games right now, and I'm waiting for one of them to kick off. The suspense is killing me!

bluecoco

Awesome people, awesome :) Now that I see there is more interest, I will post up my white shadow character!

EDIT:

And as far as issues with lack of color in the world they are in.... really? I thought the idea was really unique and would be fun! When does color really influence a post, anyway?

Black and white post example:

Far off in the black forest, around several trees and past thickets of granite bushes, was a crystal clear pond. When the earth and trees around it were veiled in black, this water glistened with whites as transparent as the Ombres Blanches themselves. Small, peppery fish the size of thumbs looped in circles blissfully. An ever so faint breeze blew through the land like a faint kiss on the cheek. Leaves smooth of imperfections waded up and down, some falling with soundless appeal to the leaden floor. Ambiguous small animals scurried up course tree bark, ashen in color but intricate in its texture. The only noise audible was the sounds of laughter. White shadows danced precariously through the woods, playing tag despite the dangers of being abducted by an Ombre Noire. Smoky clouds hung at the tree canopies while pockets of pearly light poked through. This was just another normal picture in this infinite location.

I used a handful of different adjectives just to describe the colors of grey. If you are having issues with descriptive words, I would type 'grey/gray, black, white' into an online thesaurus, and that should help out a lot! Don't let lack of color scare you off!

bluecoco

Also, I forgot to say, Kazon your character is accepted! Thanks for joining the team!

Etherealdreamer

Bump, bump,bump buuuuuuump! I want to plaaaaaay, bump!

Etherealdreamer

This is receiving another bump! Com'on folks, this has all the potential as a raw lump of platinum!