Thoughts on a "To Staff/Members Only" Questions Section?

Started by Twisted Crow, July 08, 2016, 06:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

Not so much asking for help here, and I don't know if this is a formal suggestion. I also have been thinking about it a bit, I halfway wonder if I have already asked this somewhere. I'm not sure. Sorry if that's the case.

Anyway, I wanted to pick Staff's (and Vekseid's) brain on a means to submit questions that all of staff can see, but no one else. To be honest, though... I have no idea how on Earth that could possibly work (besides a mass PM, which seems weird to do that in that manner). Or perhaps a "Members Only" questions area, where only members could see and pose questions that might be... too sensitive for public areas of the site? There have been moments where I've been wanting to ask something that only staff could see, or perhaps only members could see... but I realize how this could be a rare occasion as well. So it may also seem pointless, I understand that if that's the case.

Anyways... I was wondering if you guys upstairs thought about this or whether or not it was necessary? Or if I should just continue to bug single staff members with site-related questions. ;)

Beguile's Mistress

The only public areas are the forums in the first column of the Index.  Everything else is blocked from public view.

Oniya

All staff can be reached via Private Messaging.  When the situation warrants, staff will collaborate on providing an answer.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Twisted Crow

Ah... I see. Well, I knew you lot were helpful, but it makes sense that you all would do that (in cases where it would need more than one mind on a matter).

Wait... So, guests and unapproved members can't see this Help section? I always thought this part was visible.

Well... at any rate, seems like I'll float my questions the usual way, then. One to one member of Staff, and trust it to them. :D

Oniya

The Help section, being part of this first column, is visible to all.  (There is actually one board in the first column that is not visible, that being the 'Non Forum Requests' board, for obvious reasons.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17