Interest Check/Recruitment: Move Over Vegas [Urban Fantasy, BON-E or NC-E]

Started by Vandren, March 01, 2009, 03:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

Ok, the title's kinda cheesy, but hey.  :)

Briefest Description:
Las Vegas with sorcery, wizardry, Elves, Kitsune, and other fantastic non-humans.

Longer Description:
Sorcery, wizardry, and non-humans have been around on Earth since the dawn of Man.  Initially they lived more or less alongside early humans, but went into hiding sometime around the days of Babylon and Sumer.  In the mid-20th century, they came back out of the shadows into the public eye and, today, live openly alongside mundanes once again.

This group will be freeform and based in the city of Newport, which straddles the Alabama-Florida border on the Gulf Coast.  The city is the new Las Vegas and is open to all people, supernatural and mundane alike.  Because of the potential scattering effect regarding characters, I see six options for focus:

location (brief description; character types)

1) The Dylan Academy (sorcery high school; students and possibly faculty)
2) House of Lykus (nightclub with secrets; employees and patrons)
3) Marsden College (sorcery college; students and possibly faculty)
4) Olivieri Family (organized crime family; family members and their “support staff” [willing or otherwise])
5) The Satyr Ranch (popular, legal, brothel; employees and patrons)
or
6) the city in general (very broad, with potential to scatter characters; anything goes)

Wiki page - full background, city info, location info, etc.

I'm pretty flexible as to whether it should be placed in BON or NC, so that can stay open to interested players' choice.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Cuffs

Consider me interested. :)  I like the idea a lot.  Kudos for the great idea.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Vandren

"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Cuffs

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

A/A(Temporary)

Delta Echo

O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

kylie

2, or possibly 4... 

A girl who sees something she shouldn't, and is transformed into a catgirl or more/worse...?

Vandren

Quote from: Delta Echo on March 02, 2009, 12:30:29 AMHmm. How about a bartenderess in 2? A drow, perhaps...

Well, I was sort of hoping to stick with real world mythologic/legendary creatures, at least to some extent.  And have personal issues with Drow (especially taken out of the setting that they were specifically created for and don't work very well out of), but that's another story.  :)

I suppose with the use of biosorcery something that looks like a Drow, but is genetically human (or whatnot) would be doable.

Or there's: "Drow (pronounced /draʊ/, rhymes with 'now') is a mythical fairy in Scottish folklore which lived underground. According to Scott: 'Possession of supernatural wisdom is still imputed by the natives of Orkney and Zetland Islands, to the people called Drows, . . . who may, in most other respects, be identified with the Caledonian fairies.'[1] The word is sometimes a synonym for the devil."

Quote from: kylie on March 02, 2009, 03:25:08 PM2, or possibly 4... 
A girl who sees something she shouldn't, and is transformed into a catgirl or more/worse...?

Definitely possible (biosorcery can do a lot).

So, that looks like three interested parties.

3 votes for House of Lykus
1.5 votes for Olivieri Family
1 vote for general city

Vandren

Forgot, one other thing: for those who have expressed interest, BON or NC?

kylie

I suppose I'd like BON, at least to keep it open to that.   You could put both? 

I don't expect this chara to be constantly pummeled around to make a point or anything.  That doesn't mean I play all willing, either.  I go for more set examples, threats, short "scenes" to make the point, general imprisonment and conflicted conditions rather than total immobilization or regular outright violence etc. 

Not all so picky about the title really, as neither choice would get at full detail about the dynamics nor the tools.  :P

Aysleen

I'd be interested in any of the settings.  Haven't played a 'creature' much so I'd be open to trying anything along those lines as well, and NC/Bon is also fine with me.
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Vandren

Sound good, two non-committals on category.  :) 

(Not that I can complain since I'm non-committal as well.)

The category, for me, isn't necessarily what will happen as it is the upper limit of what could be allowed to happen.

Cuffs

I agree that the setting is the upper limit.  Just because it's set to NC-E or whatever, doesn't mean it has to happen on a regular basis.  It's just allowing it to go there if need be, for the sake of the story or whathaveyou.  NC-E is my vote, even if I don't plan on being a partaker of naughtiness at this point in time.

A/A(Temporary)

kylie

*rereads the tag thread again*  Now, that's funny.

I story "pure" C so rarely that I didn't think about it much this time. 
If anything pressured needs NC while BON is assumed to refer only to "play" bondage...
Then yeah, toss on the NC. 

Since we're playing at life being all perfectly black and white again ;)

I do recognize a big difference between "community play" and rape etc.

Inserts more personal amusement here at inadequate PC terms trying to make complicated things seem innocuous.  Heaven forbid SM in general advertised as "family play," although some polyamory "families" do seem to pull that off well.  Including some which are deep into SM, but imagine if they were to call themselves SM families?  I wonder!

Although I'm not sure "consent" is a clear-cut conceptual term.  It works, I just don't know that it means the same things each time to everyone.  Which is by itself, very interesting.  But in fantasy I'm pretty busy weaving those elements together, so you know...  It's kind of curious/ironic to separate them out again.  I just couldn't help reflecting on that a moment.

Umm, yeah. 
So to save innocents (or more the innocent face of routine), please call it NC.

Vandren

So we've got four interested parties, pretty much all interested in the House of Lykus nightclub as a focal point (strong connections there to the Olivieri Family and lots of potential connection to the colleges), and mostly voting NC-E?

If all that's correct, I'd like to try to get one or two more interested parties.  If that doesn't happen by, say, Friday/Saturday, I think we'll probably start anyway.  :)

Omniferious

I'd be down for House of Lykus with strong ties to the Olivieri family. I'm also going to say that we should go NC-E.

Vandren

And that makes one more.  I'll get some starting threads up later tonight (currently 2033 hrs) or tomorrow.

Foxy

I am interested in just about any of the ideas. The nightclub sounds good. I am fine with NC-E.

Would anyone like a weak Djinni in a bottle?  I would love to play a Djinni if it fits. I could be a dancer in the club if I am owned by the boss.

Vandren

Aysleen

I'm leaning toward a sorceress...I've always liked Circe...along those lines.
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Vandren

Sounds good.  :)  There're a couple orders that would work beautifully with a Circe-type.

Omniferious

I'm thinking of playing a professional investigator/strong arm debt collector, who happens to be a werewolf. Lots of ties to the Olivieri family, conducts a certain amount of business at Lykus. A regular customer.

Cuffs

I'm pondering a bartender, with one of 3 'powers' whichever you think would fit best.

One would be some sort of phase-shift type (Nightcrawler-esque) I suppose, blinks about grabbing bottles, mixing the drinks, wiping down tables, etc.

The other would either be stretchy-arms type or maybe multi-arms.

If you're thinking more classic fantasy types chars, let me know and I'll ponder something.

A/A(Temporary)

Vandren

Quote from: Omniferious on March 04, 2009, 10:01:37 PM
I'm thinking of playing a professional investigator/strong arm debt collector, who happens to be a werewolf. Lots of ties to the Olivieri family, conducts a certain amount of business at Lykus. A regular customer.

This could definitely work.  The owner himself is a werewolf, so he might allow a fellow were to work out of the place.

Quote from: Adan on March 05, 2009, 02:41:09 AM
I'm pondering a bartender, with one of 3 'powers' whichever you think would fit best.

One would be some sort of phase-shift type (Nightcrawler-esque) I suppose, blinks about grabbing bottles, mixing the drinks, wiping down tables, etc.

The other would either be stretchy-arms type or maybe multi-arms.

Any of them could work . . . any could be the result of a permanent enchantment, sorcerous experimentation, or a device pretty easily.

Vandren

Delta Echo

Alas, I think it'd be best if I pulled out, I don't have the time to do it justice. :(
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"