in a time of war

Started by veilwebb, March 10, 2011, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veilwebb

in this world there is a civil war going on between the north and south. Guns havent been invented yet. you play as civilains in a cafe, while the rest of the bulidings around have been demolished by the soldiers.

veilwebb

a man wearing dark clothes, with a sword on his side, is sitting in the back booth reading the paper

sazzie

I enter the cafe, rocks crumbling under my army boots. I sit into a booth and pull a dusty menu toward me.

veilwebb

i, the man in the back booth reading the paper pull down the paper for a second to look at who has entered then the waitress interrupts me and asks if i would like anything . "i say ill have a cup of coffee" look at the new person thats looking at the menu again  then i go back to reading my article on the war

sazzie

I then notice there is a man sitting at the way back of the cafe who keeps glancing at me. So I decide to get up and switch sides of the booth so he can no longer see me.

veilwebb

a soldier walks into the cafe and sits in the booth between mine and the one looking at the menu (who has now turned around) probally because they noticed me staring. The soldier sees my sword and asks if im a soldier. i reply no and leave my money down on the table to pa for the coffee as i get up to wal out the soldier stops me and says "why do you carry a sword if its not yours" i say none of your business and the soldier unsheaths his sword and i rapidly jump back and meet my sword with his

sazzie

I leanup against the cafe wall and clasp my hidden knife as I watch the two men fighting. "As long as they don't come near me," I think to myself.

veilwebb

the waitress behind the counter yells "stop stop". but i dont listen i knock the sword out of his hand and kick him to the ground i then raise my sword as if to kill

sazzie

I jump out of my booth and kick the sword out of the man's hand, "Don't!" I yell as I shove him hard.

veilwebb

i get up.. ouch that and he attacked me first i say as i reach to pick up my sword

sazzie

I just turn around on the man and go sit back in my booth, pulling the menu up again.

veilwebb

the soldier then gets up and says i should have u put in containment for that. "you attacked me" i said . the soldier goes whatever and walks over to the booth and says thanks for not letting this jack ass kill me.

sazzie

I look at the soldier and shrug, I then turn around and stare at the man and notice he has tattoo on his arm and notice the mark and give him an angered look. I then turn back around, "no problem,"

veilwebb

as i am about to leave i look out the door and see the army of the north riding about a half mile out probally to attack the dinner i then look back at the women that kicked me thats looking at the menu. i contemplate leaving her to die but i decide i probally shouldnt .. i walk back into the cafe i and grab her arm lets go i say . no time to explain

veilwebb

sazzie

I slap the unknown man's hand and yell at him "No, you better explain," Just then a tear gas bottle is thrown through the window, "Ah shit," I say and try to run.

veilwebb

with no time to explain i pick the women up and throw her on my shoulder and run out of the cafe with her pounding on my back telling me to put her down. i just ignore her and run down the road till i see the sewer drain i open the top and carry her down the ladder i then turn a few corners on the sewer walk way and put her down

sazzie

As he puts me down I pounce on him, making us fall into the nasty sewage water. "What'd you do that for? I could've taken them?"

veilwebb

the entire army was coming you couldnt of taken them .... they would of killed you the army doesnt treat civilians kind durning war

sazzie

I get up off the man and wipe the slime off my pant legs, it drips onto him. "Well, whatever, pretty sure you could have taken them too," Looks at the tattoo on his arm again.

veilwebb

"there were thousands of soldiers we could not of taken them ... on a good day i maybe could of beaten a few but we would both be dead if it we stayed there. now im going to head to the next country where there isnt a war so i can go live in peace. now you can ethier come with me or stay here and die. its your choice." i said as i got up out of the water

sazzie

I keep what he says to myself "on a good day he could have," and I then grab the armband around my arm.
I look behind me at the dark tunnel, "Fine, I guess I'll come with then,"

veilwebb

*i motion for her to follow* i walk along the tunnels taking lefts and rights constantly . i then reach my destination i climb up the ladder and open the sewer and climb up onto the street. i then put out my hand to help her up next but she just climbs out without taking it. i lead us down a narrow alley and i push aside a trash can and knock on the hidden door. A man asks whats the password i say" peace and harmony". the door opens i lead her inside.

sazzie

"So that's what it was changed to," I smirk and brush past the man to walk into the town's busy square. Children were playing hopscotch infront of a storefront, while beggers were trading volatile items in alleys. I look back sadly at the man and disappear into a crowd of people.

veilwebb

after seeing her disappear into the crowd i assumed that she had been here before.  i chat to the doorman for awhile and asked if he had seen her before he said he had a few times but not since the war started. i then walked past the children playing and one asked if the war was over yet. "i replied not yet but your safe here" knowing that this was the only place left for people to hide from the on going war outside. i decided id go to the inn and stay a night then leave for the border to continue my journey to find my brother tomorrow. i walked into the inn and the clerk said they were out of rooms.

sazzie

I sit at the top of the town's clock tower, the waves of the sunset glistening off my long, auburn hair. I also have an annoyingly bad habit; my eyes keep flickering toward the noticable man, observing him as he communicates kindly to children as he walks about chatting to them. From afar I judge him to see if he's an enemy or not.

veilwebb

i then persuade the man to let me sleep in the barn outback. i buy some bread and go out to the barn and make up a nice bed of straw and use my jacket as a pillow. lying there with my sword still at my side, thinking of the last time i saw my family and wondering if his brother made it past the border.

sazzie

I haven't seen the man in a while...I suppose he must have found a good place to sleep. I shrug and head off to my old room in the back of the tower. It still had my makeshift bed and dresser. I look around, and think outloud, "Well I guess I could've had him sleep on the floor if he needed somewhere," I shrug and plop on my bed, "Looks like I have to find this loser in the morning," and I drift off to sleep.

veilwebb

i wake up the next morning i feel energized and refreshed. it was the first good rest i have had in a while. I walk into the inn and thank the clerk for letting me stay there. i then walk out into the streets wear the kids are playing again. i walk past them and into the small hut. Its inside was filled with tables and tons of people eating the fresh pancakes. The woman at the entranced asks how many "one" i say. She then leads me to a table and i sit down and wait for her to bring me my pancakes.

sazzie

I wake up slowly and let my eyes adjust to the light. Swinging out of bed I go to the little bathroom in the back of the room and undress to take a shower...While in the shower I stare at the same tattoo on my arm that was on the man's arm...I re-dress into my outfit and put my hair up in a pony tail. I quickly race up to the tower to see if I can find the man...I do, then make my way into the town square.

veilwebb

still eating my breakfast i notice the same woman i saved before walk in looking to eat but everywhere is full. i decide i better be nice i tell my waiter to have her sit at my table. the woman sits at the table "good morning, sleep well ?" i say.

sazzie

I just stare at him, "You need a shower," is all I say, and take a slice of his pancake, and a sip of his drink. I then call the waitress over and ask for some bacon and orange juice for myself.

veilwebb

"no time to shower, we need to press on we have a 5 day trip till we reach the border. Longer if we run into one of the armies. best pack for the long trip" i say. i then finish my food and get up. "ill meet you at the water fountain in the middle of the square in 2 hrs" i then walk out of the hut. I see a small shop, i think to myself maybe i should be some supplies.

sazzie

I look at him, then get up. "Alrighty then," I grab the food the waitress gives me and leave. I run back up to the clock tower and open my closet, I grab the back pack, and a tool belt. In the tool belt I put a flash light, a pocket knife, money, a tele-communicator and such in it's loops. I then shove food and water in the back pack.

veilwebb

i walk out of the shop and go over to the fountain im a little early but i figure ill watch the water flow through it. i also watch the kids play. I think to myself how much i just want to get to the border and find my brother.

sazzie

I then remembered that the mountains up North get pretty cold, and decide to shove a heating tent in my pack as well. I scavenge the room for other important things and only find an old map that is missing a few towns, and an old toy. I look at the clock and notice it's only 1:00. What to do?

veilwebb

i look up and see the woman up in her tower that overlooks the square. i wave to her.

sazzie

I act as if I don't notice the man and sit down on my bed. I wait five minutes before looking out again; the dumb ass is still looking at me. I smirk then grab my bag and throw it at his feet, plopping down next to him.

"Nothing wrong with leaving early," I say and put my sunglasses on.

veilwebb

"alright lets go" i say. as we head towards the door we see it smash down and soldiers come running in all the towns bells sound and everyone is running. i grab her arm and say "come on we will take the other exist." we run down the streets and the soldiers were waiting i pull out my sword and start to fight them i disarm the first two and a third goes to slash me in the back but the woman kicks him in the nuts and he falls over before it can hit. i then fight my way through and jump over the wall i then pull the woman up over the wall with me and i steal one of the horses the soldiers left tied up outside. i pull the woman up and i ride off and turning down different streets to ditch the followers. after i know we are safe i slow down and let the horse come to a walk.

sazzie

"Thanks," I say and look at the man at the corner of my eyes. "By the way, never did catch your name,"

veilwebb

veilwebb

sazzie

"You can just call me Sazz," I dig my boots into the horses side, signaling it to pick up its pace.

veilwebb

" ok sazz" ... i thought about that name while we were riding along. where had i heard it before ?, no time for questions now. We ride along for several more hours and its starting to get dark. I see a few trees and a lake not to far in the distance. We finally reach the trees. "we will camp here for the night" i said as i jumped off the horse and tied it to the tree. I then cut some branches off the tree with my sword and put them a pile in the ground. I start a fire and sit down next to it with my back against the tree.

sazzie

I tie my horse against a tree and let her eat the grass in the pasture. "I guess i'll be getting the food then," I say. I then go into the forest and begin scavenging for berries. I pluck about twenty, putting them in a makeshift basket made of twigs and leaves. Then, I go for the main course. I lean straight against the back of a tree as I wait patiently for a deer to come near me. I crouch in the bushes and slowly make my way toward it.

Slowly I unsheath my dagger from my tool belt. I lick my lips as it gets closer, then throw it aiming straight for its head. The deer drops down and I drag it back to the campfire, "Go ahead Craig, start cooking."

veilwebb

"hahahahahahaha, you expect me to cook that? Your own your own sazz." I say as i pull a military food pouch from my left pocket and rip the top off and start eating with the fork that was in my coat pocket.

sazzie

I shrug, "Well, how many of those packets did you pack?" I then start skinning the deer while talking to him, "Because you do realize you'll eventually run out, I'm hunting my food while I can." I then take out the edible meat and put it in a pan over the fire. "So I can save my other food for an emergency," I then look at him in the eye and start digging a hole to put the deer carcass in it.

veilwebb

"I dont need food every day. I have gone weeks without food. If you want to hunt be my guest but ill stick to eating this" I say rasing the pouch up into the air. "And I got about 5 in my pocket still, they are good for travel because they take little space and are light. I dont need a bag like you I carry everything in my jacket here. That way nothing is out of reach" . I then finish eating my packet of food and lay down on the grass head up against the tree. "goodnight"

sazzie

"Suit yourself," I murmur, and take a bite into the deer. At night I stay alert, the leaves rustle against the ground, sounding as if its a person dragging their feet against the ground. I get up, alarmed, and search the surroundings, my eyes darting between bushes and trees. As soon as I see it's safe I lay against the lush grass and stare at the moon and stars, thinking of the past.

veilwebb

Hearing sazz being scared of the wind I laugh to myself quietly and go back to sleep. I awake the next morning to find sazz cooking again. "good morning" I say walking over to her. I reach for a piece of food but she slaps my hand away. "fine, ill eat my own" I say pulling out another pouch of food. "so just out of curiosity why were you in that cafe the other day ?" I asked thinking if that hadn't happened I'd just be alone in the woods right now.

sazzie

I eat the leftover deer from last night and turn away from Craig. "I was looking for men that had a mark on them." I then turn to face him and nod at his tattoo, "You know, you should really cover that up. Especially at the border," I give him a meaningful look, then get up to give water to my horse.

veilwebb

how did she know about that mark? I wondered. looking down on my tattoo i thought about its history: It was the old mark for an elite swordsman. Only one excepted into the guild or a family member of one could wear it. The guild had been disbanded for years since the government had burned the hideout down and not many of the members were still alive. The government had made it illegal to wear one and if an officer saw it it branded you a terrorist of the country. "I know that I shouldn't have it in view" I said putting my jacket on over it. "you shouldn't be out looking for people with this mark either not many left alive with it on them. I only know of two people who are left alive with this mark one of them being me." I said angrily. Good thing i didn't tell her my real name i thought to myself considering she knew about the mark.

veilwebb

"lets get a move on" i said angerilly jumping onto the back of the horse. I had to go across the border and find my brother. The second person alive with this mark i thought to myself.

sazzie

As he puts his jacket on I lightly touch my armband that's covering my own tattoo. My tattoo represented a different purpose created by  government, it signaled me as a feral guardian to protect it. That was...Until I became an ex-bounty hunter that is... "Oy!" I shout. I kick into my horses side and ask, "Who's the other, one?" I ask hopeful.

veilwebb

"Family" being really vague with my answer. "how you know about the mark is beyond me but again I'd watch talking about it" I said as I kick my horse to ride off.

sazzie

I debate if I should really be following this man. There were some who could kill with just a flick of their sword, at unbelievable speeds. Feral guards were almost equal matches, depending upon training. But if he was one of the few survivors... I then frown remembering that it was one of his family members that is left and tears swell up in my eyes, So it is true. I think to myself.

veilwebb

As I ride along is see a scout patrol up ahead. I stop and wait for sazz to catch up. She stops beside me it looked as though she might have been crying maybe I shouldn't of been so harsh with my words I thought. "there is a guard patrol up ahead. Looks like we are gonna have no choice but to fight them ill run up and fight em head on while u sneak around to flank them" I said doubting that she would be of any help at all

sazzie

I glare at Craig and drop off my horse, "Too bad it's not night," I grumble. I nod in agreement though and drop on my knees, crawling slowly through the grass. It's only four or five men. But they're heavily guarded with maces and steel armor. A twig snaps beneath me, and the patrolmen stop dead in their tracks.

"Hear that?" one whispers.
Another man shoves him, "Quiet you big bloke, we're in the middle of nowhere, there aint gon be shit for miles,"

I sigh in relief as they keep moving slowly, but on high alert for any run-aways. I look over at Craig who I see standing by the horses still. I get his attention and signal that I'm readyily behind the patrol.

veilwebb

I get the signal and I casual walk up to the guards. "good afternoon" I say. "get him" said the middle guard. "no time to chat then" I say as all five rush at me I then instantly have my sword in front of me reading for there swing

sazzie

Stealthly I unsheath my dagger and roll my eyes at Craig's usual cockiness. I then slowly make my way through the blades of grass and roll my fingers between the dagger's handle. As Craig hold's the men's attention. With a bit of the luck of our draw I grab the back two men's shoulders  who weren't paying attention and slice through their necks. Three to go only...But then again. I only have a dagger.

veilwebb

Two of the remaining three men rush me and I block the swings of their maces with my sword. I then swing low and trip them and they fall ontop of each other I then finish them both off with one swing of my sword. The last man had turned around and was in mid swing to hit sazz's arm.

sazzie

I hear a woosh of the maces bludgeoning swing as I twirl to the left to dodge it. His mace goes into the ground with a loud thud, luckily maces weigh people down. Knowing this I kick him hard in the back, I hear his back bones crack and he files forward into a ditch. I then jump onto his back and finish him off with a quick dagger plunge.

I get up, and wipe the sweat off my forehead. "Your not too shabby," I say and give Craig my first smile, then sheath my dagger.

veilwebb

"not bad yourself" I say knowing that I easily could of just taken all of em myself. "what have we here" I say picking up a a bag that was by the patrol's horses. I open the bag "ah told you no need to hunt" is say tossing her the bag that was filled with military rations. I then whistle for my horse to come over and I hop on its back in one jump making it look effortless. "shall we continue ?"

sazzie

I put the bag of rations into my back pack and pull out a water bottle, taking a quick swig then put it back. "Spirit!" I yell and my horse gallops toward me. I pet her gently first then hop onto her. "Where to?" I ask Craig.

veilwebb

"we got another 4 days till we get to the border" I say lets follow this swamp line I say pointing to a distant swamp. Then I ride off assuming she will follow

sazzie

"And i'm sure it will get the hell of a lot more harder the closer we get," I comment to myself.

As we near the swamp there is a fork in the road with a sign that gives us directions to either Fort Longert or The Border.
I look at Craig, "I could have sworn it was the other way around, did someone switch the signs directions?" I ask, and hop off my horse. I look around at the terrain and notice it's just like any other swamp; muddy, watery, full of flies, and fallen trees here and there.

veilwebb

"We just follow the swamp I know it very well" i said "oh and by the way watch out for alligators" just as I finished saying that an alligator jumped out of the water and clamped its mouth around sazz's arm her arm band and all

sazzie

I scream at this sudden occurrence and try hitting it on the head. Its useless though, its grip is too strong. "Craig, a little help here please?" I ask, while trying to cover up my arm.

veilwebb

"I jump off the horse and pull out my sword while in the air and stab the alligator it bits her arm then lets go and i slice its head off. her armband had now been gone and she was bleeding. Here wrap this around your arm I say pulling a cloth out of my pocket then I saw it the mark on her arm through the gaps in her fingers that were trying to cover it. I knock her to the ground and step on her chest so she cant move. I then raise my sword so that in one swipe I could kill her. "here is where you want to choose your words very carefully" I say.

sazzie

I smile slyly at him. "Knew it'd happen eventually," I breathe hard as his foot presses harder upon my chest.
"Yes, it is what it looks like...The government ingsigna...And there for good reasons." I cough hoarsley, as I feel more blood draining from my body. "I joined because everyone in my family did...Everyone, Except my younger sister, she went with your side," I nod my head toward his own tattoo. "She beleived the government was wrongful for their actions...So did I."

"She informed me all about the guild...It's intentions...Then knowing that one day the guild would soon be discovered, I then joined the government's side to protect her from my own side's evil intentions. I got her out of everything," "Then there was a tip off that the guild found out about our formation so we made insignas similar to yours to get pass the clan...slay you all." My sight starts to go fuzzy. "I stood back and watched of course...Until I found out that the government took her, and held her captive." I cough again as you press upon my chest harder. "Until recently I heard about a mass breakout from the prison. Most guild members were killed though...I was hoping she was still alive," Then I lose sight completely.

veilwebb

As she passed out and for some reason I decided not to kill her even though she was my worst enemy. In the old days I would of killed her and not thought twice about it but recently I have been having a change of heart I thought to myself. I then wrapped her arm in the cloth to stop the bleeding it would scab over and heal with time she would all right. Do I just leave her here?, I decided not to again being way nicer then I would of been. I carry her over to a tree and make camp for the night since it was going to be dark soon I set her down on the grass propped up against the tree and tied up the horses. I then took the rains from her horse and tied her to the tree so she couldn't make any sudden moves when she woke up. I leaned against my horse and starting eating a pouch of food. Good thing I hadnt told her my real name she would of turned me in for the reward that's on my head. after all I am a legend I thought to myself.

sazzie

I wake up confused. Wasn't I? I look down at my arm and see that it has a bloody bandage wrapped tightly on it. I smirk. I Knew he'd have a soft spot. I try to get up, but noticed I'm tightly bonded against a tree. Of Course, I'll be his prisoner now, I think, then slump back down on the ground. "So, you decided to keep me alive then?" I ask smirking.

veilwebb

"would you rather I kill you ?, I could do it now to end your pain and I'd still sleep well at night" I said. "how many people have you killed huh ?" "how many of my friends and family ?" I yelled in anger. "Filthy government scum"

sazzie

I pluck a blade of grass, staring at the ant crawling on it. "None, actually." I then blow the ant off the grass. "I actually killed my own father,"

veilwebb

"kill your own father" laughs... "wow bet your so called sister hates your guts, if that whole load of crap is even true". "why would you even do that kill your own father". "I would never do that"

sazzie

"I'll just set you in the scene then. My father, never was there for me and my sister. Always working for the government, never home. So, I suppose you could say she hates his guts more than I do. So with that being said, she doesn't hate me." I then pause for a bit, struggling to go on. "He was ordered to kill her, and he no longer saw her as a daughter in his eyes, but an enemy." I pluck more grass.

"That night I snuck out to her execution, guild members were already at the court yard fighting the government off...She had a high role in the guild." I pause again throwing the grass in the air. "My father happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time...We were both wearing a helmet of course, it was a close duel, swords clashing, as if we were dancing with eachother."

"Ten minutes later, he's dead...I take his helmet off and there my dad was...The government soon found out I was a traitor...Unfortunately I couldn't save my sister and high tailed it out of there." I then sigh and close my eyes.

veilwebb

"So that prison breakout some did live, My brother did he sent me a letter a day after. That's why I'm going to the border we said we would meet their. Maybe your sister made it out too" I said feeling sorry for her.

sazzie

I grunt and throw a pebble, "You said you only knew of two survivors...You, and now I know it's your brother...not her..." I then grab the pocket knife out of my belt. "By the way, next time you try to keep someone a prisoner...Grab their weapons too," I slice through the bondage around my chest.

veilwebb

"well I figured you hadn't attempted to kill me yet. Plus Im sure you know I could kill you without even blinking at any time, so don't do anything stupid" Over in the distance I see torch lights heading our way. "Stay here ill go check it out" I say

sazzie

Nice excuse I think to myself and roll my eyes. "Go right ahead," I say and take off my bandage to wash all the dried blood off.

veilwebb

I walk along the swamp line trying to stay out of the moonlight. I can make out three faces walking along the dirt path. They were carrying ruby engraved daggers and cheaply made swords. Probally bandits I thought to myself. I make my way back to the camp area. "its just three bandits" I say. "so are you fit enough to hope on your horse and ride in the pitch black or should we just wait it out and if they come over here ill have to kill them" I ask

sazzie

He comes back too quickly, I hope he doesn't see that my arm has the beginning signs of an infection. I quickly wrap a new bandage around it and shrug the pain off, "Um, I think i'll be fine on my horse," I get up quickly and untie Spirit's reins. I slowly raise myself on her and say, "Yeah, think I can do this,"

veilwebb

We ride off along the swamp not able to see a thing trying to not go too fast so the bandits don't hear our horses hooves. I then don't make out a low tree branch and I'm knocked from my horse I fall to the ground and cant see anything its too dark I see the bandits closing in on me and I cant find my sword its not at my side it must of fallen off when I did. I attempt to get up but I cant because my feet are tangled in the rains of the horse. The bandits are so close I can see there faces now. The horse is startled runs straight for the bandits and I'm dragged behind it. The bandits hear and see the horse they throw there daggers at it and the horse falls on top of me they are now surrounding me and I'm defenseless.

sazzie

I hear a large struggle up ahead, loud grunts and thuds. Shit, Craig I then hop off Spirit and quietly tell her to stay where she is. Maybe riding wasn't a smart idea I feel something sharp jab into my shin, I bend over to pick whatever it was up...His sword. Ah shit, they have Craig and he's defenseless.

I listen to the men struggle and quietly make my way toward them. Grabbing my injured arm I hope for the best, closing my eyes I throw the dagger at the horse's reins. With perfect aim it slices through, releasing Craig. "Catch!" I yell, and throw his sword in the air.

veilwebb

I catch the sword in my hand and I block off all three of theirs at the same time while still laying on the ground because the horse is on top of my left leg. I fend them off to the best of my ability. Glancing blow after blow of there cheap metal swords. Finally i get a chance and i disarm one of the bandits and slice his arm. I then go back to blocking their blows. The bandit that is cut goes back to pick up his sword and see's sazz and he charges her.

sazzie

The bandit jumps ontop of me, knocking me onto the ground. He grabs my neck and begins to choke me, everything goes blurry. I try groping blindly on the ground for something. The bandit then raises his sword in the air, just then I find a large rock and slam it on his head, knocking him out cold.

I push his body off me, pick the rock back up again, along with a few others and throw them at the other two bandits. They look at me and grin eachother and start making their way slowly toward me.

veilwebb

Finally I get a break and I lift the horse off of me and I kill the two bandits from behind. "that was close" I said. I must be getting old I thought I never would of been that clumsy in the old days and even the me the best swordsman that ever lived cant fend off three men without being able to move for too long right? or should I have been able to beat em I thought to myself

sazzie

I gasp and grab my arm after the fight, I couldn't keep it secret anymore that my arm was getting worse with infection. "Yeah, close."

veilwebb

"you know I could just cut it off" I say looking through the bandits things. tossing every useless item and putting anything useful in my jacket pocket.

sazzie

I am somewhat shocked that he figures out its an infection, and not just pain. "Thanks, but...Isn't there a town somewhere not far from here? I need medicine...And a new weapon from the looks of it. I can't go on with just a dagger." I smile and give him the best 'puppy eye' look possible.

veilwebb

"go to a town? in the middle of the war when they are looking for people like us ? Are you insane?" I said. "looks like we are camping here for the night" Pulling a dead body next to his dead horse and lays down using the dead body as a pillow

sazzie

I call over Spirit and have her lay down next to me. I snuggle up against her warm body instead of a dead one. "We can just cover the marks up again. We'll be fine," I say, "By the way, your disgusting, and you still haven't showered," I laugh and roll over facing away from him.

veilwebb

As I lay there looking up into the stars I thought well I could venture into town and steal her some medicine and a weapon or maybe something. I fall asleep and I wake up early and I gather all my things and attach them to sazz's horse and start eating another pouch of food waiting for her to wake up.

sazzie

Water drips onto my face waking me up. I lick my lips slowly and roll back over on my side and try to fall back asleep, but the sun is blazing on my back. I grunt and push myself up lightly. I notice Craig is up, "Mornin," I say softly. Then get a big wift of something foul, I gag and cover my nose.

veilwebb

"dead people smell" I say. "so I have decided we will go to town but we are going to have to be careful who we talk too and sneak around the guards" I say as I jump up onto her horse

sazzie

"Yeah, and you slept with one," I smirk and then frown, "And who says you can ride my horse? What am I supposed to do?"

veilwebb

"call your government friends and have them give you a lift" laugh hysterically at the comment i just made. "you can either walk or grab onto my back your choice"

sazzie

"You're funny," I say and jump on the back of my horse with Craig. I hesitate to finally put my arms around him though, I do though eventually so I can't fall off. "Enjoy it while you can," I whisper in his ear and smirk.

veilwebb

"And you enjoy the dead body smell all over me while we ride" laughs. Kicks the horse and we ride off towards the nearest town. Upon reaching the outskirts of the town I say "ok we need to figure away past those guards there" pointing to the two guards at the entrance. " and we cant kill them"

sazzie

"Awh, and I was beginning to like you as my sidekick," I say, and hop off  Spirit. My arm tingles slightly as I do this. I look around and see sewage pipes and point them out towards Craig's attention. "Are you thinking what i'm thinking?" I ask and make my way toward the pipes.

veilwebb

Great the sewer again I thought "stealing all your ideas from me are you ?" I say as I open the sewer lid and climb down.

sazzie

"Better have tied my horse up someplace safe," I grumble and jump down into the dark sewage pipes. I hear rats scurrying up and down the pipes and try to listen for an opening down the other side of the tunnel. I grab my flash light and turn it on, enlightening the tunnel up so we can see at least 15 feet ahead of us. "See, now this is why I pack more then just food," and lead the way down the tunnel.

veilwebb

"travel light is my philosophy" following her down the tunnel.  "this way" I say as she makes a wrong turn

sazzie

I shoulder up my back-pack more. And can't say that I don't agree with him on the packing philosophy. "Fine, you lead the way then," and I hand him the flashlight.

veilwebb

"don't mind if i do" I say taking the flashlight. I turn right, left, right,right, left, left, and right. "here we are" I open the sewer lid and climb out then put my head down to help her up

sazzie

I take his hand gently and push myself up into the towns square.
There was one problem though...No one was in it.
Garbage cans were knocked over, glass windows were shattered everywhere, houses were charred and paper was blowing in the wind.
"Craig, I don't think we needed to sneak in...Are you sure those were guards in the front?" I ask.

veilwebb

"yes they were" I walk over to the abandoned inn. "well there is still a shower here so im going to use it, you go to the doctors building and find medicine" I say

sazzie

I nod at Craig and head the opposite way of he. I pick up the paper that was blowing in the window. It read:
EVACUATE IMMEDIEATELY ALL PEOPLE FOUND ON PREMISIS WILL BE EXECUTED BY THE GOVERNMENT
Of course I sigh and go into an empty building with a red cross on top.

veilwebb

I finish taking my shower and I decide to go over to the doctor place and see if Sazz found anything ... When I get there she is standing outside it "hey find anything" I ask

sazzie

I hand him the piece of paper I found and shake my head, "Haven't looked yet," I say and kick the door in. The hospital lights flicker above us as we walk down the halls. I take a left and see blood splattered here and there. The government is getting worse At the end of the hall I see a room marked medicine's and decide to go in there.

There's cabinets full of every type of medicine; pain relievers, burn medicine, infection medicine, aloe vera, etc. I grab one of each and shove them in my bag and take a whole tube of infection medicine and rub it on my arm, then wrap it up with a clean bandage. "Anything you need in here?" I ask Craig.

veilwebb

"Nope, I'm good" I said finishing the paper... "Come on let's go get you a weapon" I say as I walk out

sazzie

I walk toward an old beat-down shop and peer in the dusty window. I see shelves upon shelves of weapon racks and armor. I look at Craig and motion for him to come look for himself.

A bell dingles above me as I enter...No one comes though, seeing that its an abandoned shop. Surprised the government didn't take their weapons I go to the first weapon rack and pick up a handsom oak carved bow. I examine it close, which appears to be high tech with auto-aim on it. I swing it around my back and grab for the arrow satchel next to it. Can be used with fire, posion or ice. I read.

"Help me find a good sword?" I say and quickly grab a blue handeled light sword from a rack and face Craig for a duel.

veilwebb

In what seems like one motion I slash that sword in two with mine and holster it again at my sidem "cheaply made, that one was" I said laughing . "You need that one" pointing to a shiny one in the back.

sazzie

The other half of the sword clangs on the ground, "Yeah, that wouldn't have been good," I say and drop the handle. I then walk to the back of the store and grab the one he was talking about. It had a thick steel blade, and a ruby hilt.

veilwebb

"Ready to go?" "We still got 3 days till we get there"

sazzie

"Just a sec," I go into the way back of the store and grab a sash to put my sword in. Jumping around a bit I make sure its sturdy enough to hold the sword...it is. "Alright, lets go then," I say, while grabbing a pair of coarse gloves from a windowsill.

veilwebb

"Out threw the sewer again" .... I say as I pull open the top

sazzie

"Do you have the flash light?" I ask as I follow behind him into the splooge of sewage.

veilwebb

"Who needs a flashlight" I say as I lead the way and turning here and there in ther dark. "Here we are I say and open the lid of the sewer and climb out to see the two guards waiting I jump back and yell down to sazz "we got trouble" as I do a back flip over the guards to bring the guards over after me so she can get up

sazzie

"Wait!" I yell to Craig as he unsheaths his sword. The guards didn't look hostile. "Are you guys guarding..." I then see the same mark that I have on my arm, on theirs. I then flicker my eyes toward Craig. As I do this the two guard look at eachother and ask, "Is that her?" and start toward me instead.

veilwebb

I quickly pull out my sword and stab the one closest too me and he drops to the ground dead but the other had knocked sazz down the sewer and was climbing down the ladder to get her

sazzie

I land in the splooge of sewage. Shit, this is disgusting The guard thats climbing down shuts the top of the sewer...Leaving us in complete darkness. Great I slowly back down the sewer and stop. Listening to the man coming toward me. "Sazz, who's that man your with? One of the guildies?" Shivers run down my back as he asks this in a low whisper. I don't answer him though. I take another slow step back, and unsheath my new sword quietly. "You really think he's on your side now do you?" He cackles to himself, he sounds even closer...Any minute now. I then hear him unsheath his sword, and swinging it violently through the air.

I hear it whizz past my ear so I put my sword up blindly, parrying his attack. Then with great footwork I sidestep him and slice through his back. I sit there in the dark and hear him gurgling his own blood.

veilwebb

I open the cover of the sewer "sazz u alright" I yell down

sazzie

Light encaves the sewer and I look at the dead guard, probably just turned 20...Such a waste I shake my head and go back toward the ladder and climb up. "Yeah...I'm, fine," I say and walk away.

veilwebb

I watch her walk away... *she doesn't handle death well I think to myself* ... I go over to the horse and get it ready to ride and pull out a pouch of food and start eating while I'm waiting on sazz

sazzie

I take time to look at the swamp, and how life around it evolves before I finally walk back toward Craig. "Ready?" I ask in a firm voice. And feed Spirit some oats and give her water before the trip.

veilwebb

Instead of answering I jump on the back of the horse. I get a smell of sewer and relize its sazz. "Who smells now" I say ... Waiting for her to jump on the horse

sazzie

I give him an evil eye and jump on right after him, purposefully elbowing him in the ribcage as I do this.

veilwebb

I try not to show that her elbow hurt ... And I kick the horse to ride off .... The sun was starting to set now and we had made no ground at all today so I figured we would go a couple miles and then stop for the night, our trip would now take an extra day but we needed the medicine for sazz I thought .... As we ride along I asked sazz "did u know them guards ?"

sazzie

"Personally, no, I think they were just trained in actually," I then pause, "Government must have sent out a recent Wanted Poster..."

veilwebb

"Well that's ok because I'm wanted dead or alive, reward was 1,000,000 gold pieces" just relizing that saying that could give away my true identity I quickly change the subject " how do you know they just put out wanted posters" hopefully to have her not notice what I said first 

sazzie

The first thing he says quickly catches my attention, "One million pieces eh? What'd you do to get on that enlistment?" I ask him as we just pass a low bridge.

veilwebb

"I uh, don't want to talk about it, its all in the past." "Past is better kept in the past" I said ... Kicking the horse faster to try and make it into the woods by nightfall

sazzie

"I'm sure you can tell me...Come on I told you some stuff," I then ruffle his hair.

veilwebb

Ignoring her questions I contunie riding, we finally reached the woods I tie the horse to the tree and slash some branches off and make a fire ... I then lay down on my back looking up into the sky

sazzie

"Fine, don't tell me then," I sigh and sit next to him, "Could you at least go hunting with me? Instead of eating those nasty military packets?"I get up and play with the oak-carved bow. "It'll be fun,"

veilwebb

"Hunt with a sword ? I think not" I said

sazzie

"Want to try out my bow then?" I ask.

veilwebb

"If it will get you to stop yapping for awhile then fine" I say as I take the bow and hand her my sword "don't lose this sword" I tell her and wander into the woods. I see a deer in the distance I am the arrow and having now experiance with a bow miss miserably and the arrow whipos past the deer scaring it and ends up hitting a giant grizzly that was napping. Noticing what I did I quickly load another arrow and the bear has now waken up and charging at me I shoot again but again miss because I had never used a bow before now ... I decide to run and the bear catches up with me and grabs my leg with his teeth I yell in pain and I bash his head the best I can but its no use. he now is dragging me into the forest deeper with his teeth digging deeper into my leg I try to get free but he turns too quickly and I hit my head on a tree and pass out

sazzie

Ah shit, dumb ass As I hear a bear roaring in the distance I look at his sword, and mine. I decide to unsheath both. His was a little heavier then mine...I run my way toward the bear and see Craig knocked out...Great idea letting him hunt, he would try to take out a bear. Just before the bear gets on its hind legs to slash at him more I charge and leap into the air with both swords glimmering in the air, and chop the bears head clean off. I then sheath both swords.

I lift Craig over my shoulders and carry him back to the camp fire. Lay him down and start rapidly cleaning his wound thenputting anti-inflammatory ointment, infection ointment then hold pressure onto his leg to stop the bleeding.

veilwebb

I awake next to the fire "what happened?" "Did u get that bear?, where's my sword?" I say looking around for it. I attempt to stand up and fall flat on my face from the pain ...

sazzie

"Yeah I got him alright," I smirk and unsheath his sword then set it next to him. While lifting him up off the ground. "Spirit!" I yell and she trots forth. "You can use her tonight," I say. Then give him a water bottle. "Drink this, it'll help," and give him a pain reliever too.

veilwebb

I hesitate to do what she says because I'm still don't know if I should trust her ... I fasten my sword to my side and drink the water. I toss the pain pill away when she isn't looking ... A tough guy like me don't need it ... I lay down and look at the stars ... "Thanks for saving me from the bear" I said

sazzie

I hear something soft being throwin into the bushes and roll my eyes. "And uh, no problem, life for a life," I smile.

veilwebb

I awake in the middle of the night to rustleing in the bushes I clench my sword at my side the fire had gone out and it was pitch black I couldn't see anything. Then all of a sudden a hand covered my mouth and a dagger was put accros my neck. "Found you veil, move and I kill you" the stranger whispered into my ear. I reconized the voice it was the top bounty hunter in all the land he had found me twice before but I had managed to get away. He was filthy governemt scum just wanted the reward money. I figured I was dead this time.

sazzie

I hear something soft far away from my dream. But, I still am in deep slumber.

veilwebb

Then I get hit over the head and I pass out.... I awake in the back of a wagon being pulled by horses... I was tied up with chains and I turn my head and there tied to my back was sazz both of us chained to eachother and the wagon there was no escaping. The bounty hunter slambert didn't kill me at least I thought, probally wanted to turn me in alive to make him famous. I heard him yelling to the guards as we passed "I caught veil the legendary swordsman, the one children are told about the one who defeated the evil empire 40 years ago, the best swordsman in the world I caught" slambert was yelling so loud it echoed off the hillside .... "I'm sorry I got you into this sazz" I said ... I looked around and our weapons,food,everything had been taken. I let out a sigh

sazzie

I slowly wake up and notice were moving slowly down a path, trees going by us. I try standing up. But notice i'm bolted tightly against none other then Craig. Shit, what'd he do now? "What happened?" I whisper to him.

veilwebb

"We got caught by slambert, he has been chaing me for years" I said. ... Slambert yelled again as we passed more guards "I caught veil the legendary swordsman, the one children are told about the one who defeated the evil empire 40 years ago, the best swordsman in the world I caught" .... After he stopped yelling I whispered back to sazz "sorry for getting you in this mess we probally will both be killed after he turns us in for the reward money"

sazzie

My eyes widen in almost surprise, but then I smirk at my stupidity of not realizing who he truley was. "So i've been with none other then Veil this time, ay?" I then try jiggling the chains a little, "Do you know where were going?"

The so called Slambert then yells, "You two shut up back up there, or i'll chain your heads together next!"

veilwebb

"No" just then the wagon stops and 50 guards come over and grab our chains and lead us into a prison. All the cells were empty and the guard in front of us opened the jail cell and threw us in and locked it behind us. Still chained to sazz I tried to get her to sit down so I could.

sazzie

Noticing that Craig wanted to sit down, I lowered my body so that we could. "So...which one is it; Craig or Veil," I ask.

veilwebb

"Veil" I said ... Then slambert walked in holding up my sword outside the cell ... "So how does this work ?" Asked slambert... "Like I'd tell you" I said ... "I'm going to stand here till you tell me veil" said slambert his hand moving up and down the blade right over where the name veil was engraved.

sazzie

I look at Slambert coldly as he moves his hand up and down the blade.

veilwebb

"How does it work?" Yells slambert .... "I'm not going to tell you" I say .... "Veil, I know what it does just tell me how I get it to work for me" yells slambert ... "I am never going to tell you scum bag" I cooly reply

sazzie

"He won't be patient for long, be careful," I whisper to Veil and move impatiently.

veilwebb

"arg I know it works veil, fine ill go to the libary and look up the legend of the sword to figure it out" slambert yells then storms off with my sword... "Well we might have a way out of here if he finds out how it works" I said

sazzie

I sigh in relief, "That's surprising, we were lucky for that, he seems not so smart..."

veilwebb

An hour later slambert storms into the room "come on let's go veil" he says with my sword and another in his hands. "Un chain him" slambert yells at the guard ... I walk over to him he hands me my sword ... "We are gonna fight right here" he said ... "I take it you found out how it works then ?" I reply taking my sword in my hand and raising it into a ready to fight pose. It felt good to have it in my hands again...."Ill kill you then the sword that keeps you from ageing will be mine" yelled slambert....

sazzie

I look at them in surprise...But I stand back because i'm guessing "Craig," wanted this to be a one on one duel.

veilwebb

Slambert charged at me and in what seemed like one motion I disarmed him and then the guard behind him charged me and I dodged and let him fall into slambert then I grabbed the key's from the guards pocket and locked the chains that used to be on me onto them. I then quickly unlocked the rest of sazz's shackles. "Let's go quick" I said and I run up the stair case ... I could hear slambert and the guard yelling for help below... I opened the door and see four guards waiting for me I did a front flip over them and drew their attention

sazzie

Since I dont have any weapons, there's not much I can do but jump on one of their backs, grab their neck and snap it sideways; leaving three left for "Craig," to finish off.

veilwebb

I take out the three guards with ease and continue to lead the way with sazz following .... We then reach a dead end hallway with a window at the end of it and there was a hundred guards chasing us.... I kick out the window,  "Grab my hand" I yell at sazz as I put my sword at my side... Just waiting for her to grab my hand so we can jump

sazzie

I reach out to grab "Craig's" hand without hesitation.

veilwebb

I jump out the window pulling sazz out with me ... I then relize it was probally to high to have jumped out of before hitting the ground I use all my strength to throw her into the pile of hay to the left so she would be un harmed I then land awkwardly on my leg and I hear it snap ... The pain was killing me ... "Save yourself" I yelled wincing in pain

sazzie

I land in the hay, barely feeling any pain I get up quickly and look around me...No guards yet. "Not leaving you alone, and I don't care what you say!" I yell at him while I put his arm around my shoulder, ilft him up and start walking toward an exit, "Which way?" I ask.

veilwebb

"Over there" I yell pointing towards a big iron gate that was closed and the only way out of thease walls that surronded the castle .... "I told you to just leave me, they won't chase you" I said as I hobbled along with her steps

sazzie

I look at the iron gate and then at the things surrounding me, "Doubt they'd let me go now," I say. Then I notice some large empty wooden crate boxes that carry kegs of beer. I start making my way toward them.

veilwebb

I hobble with her to the best of my ability

sazzie

I quickly open some boxes, looking for an empty one. I then find one, and close into the darkness. "Shh," I say and listen to soldiers footsteps and confused yells.

veilwebb

Trying to be quite I hold my breath but its hard too with my leg in so much pain .... I let out a soft grunt

sazzie

As he grunts I grab his mouth and hold it closed, "I said shh," I whisper. I then hear foot steps stop right next to the boxes;
"Did You hear that?" a man jeered to others. "Yeah, I think so...Could it be coming from above the balcony?" another said.
"Lets go check it out then," I sigh in relief as I hear thousands of footsteps run off the other way.
"Looks like were going to have to wait till the gate opens, or get it to open ourselves?" I say.

veilwebb

"You go open gate, ill wait here" I say wincing in pain

sazzie

I hear footsteps still pacing around the court yard, "Uh, I think we're going to have to wait over night or something," I say and sit down on the floor of the box.

veilwebb

"Wait the night ? With my leg shattered ?" I said trying to hold back a scream ... "My adreniline rush is wearing off its hurting like hell" I whipered angerily

sazzie

"Well what else should we do when there's thousands of guards?" I ask and try too look at his leg in the darkness.

veilwebb

"Well if u were prepared and had bandages and I could walk we wouldn't be in this senerio" I said .... "Fine sleep here I guess"

sazzie

I then grab my back pack and roll my eyes at his forgetfullness, "Did you forget that I totally just grabbed everything in that hospital from that one town?" I then shove the bandages in his hand, "Ass hole," I say, then turn around.

veilwebb

"Don't be mad at me I have saved your life so many times I lost count now" I said while tying the bandages around my broken leg as tight as a could so it would stay straight ...

sazzie

I then feel bad for being snappy toward him, "Sorry," I say and grab some pain medication out of the back pack, "This time...actually take it," I say, and give him three.

veilwebb

How did she know I didn't before I wondered .... "Ok" I said taking the pills and chokin em down without water

sazzie

I throw a water bottle at him and add, "By the way they make you a bit sleepy," I say and then lay down on the cold, wooden floor.

veilwebb

After hearing her say that I got really drowzy and fell asleep ..... I awoke to people moving the crates and boxes around, my leg scorched with pain .... I reached around for sazz she was still asleep.... I nudged her to try and wake her up

sazzie

I wake up panicking when I feel someone nudge me, I then realize its just Veil, "Whats up?" I ask.

veilwebb

"We gotta get out of here" I whispered people are coming as I hear two guards walking closer to us

sazzie

"We can just wait for them to come in here, they can't see us," I whisper back softly.

veilwebb

Just then 6 guards entered with flash lights... I solwly tried to hop to a better hiding place but they spotted me I grabbed my sword and braced myself against the wall so I could be ready for their attack

sazzie

I just stare at the guards.

ooc: I'm bored....

veilwebb

With sazz being no help I hop to the best of my ability and take em all out with my sword ... "Lets go now while the coast is clear" I yell hobbleing

sazzie

I get up and run past him a bit, and notice that the gate is open, and just slowly closing though. "Come on slow poke," I yell behind me.

veilwebb

I watch sazz run through the gate and it is about to close so I leap and roll through it, I then hop as fast as I can to the horse that some dumb guard left I jump on "come on sazz" I yell

sazzie

I whimper, remembering Spirit, but quickly hop on the horses back with Veil.

veilwebb

I kick the horse and we gallop as fast as we can and far away from the castle .... We finally reach the woods at about nightfall ... I stop the horse "you want to set up camp sazz?" I ask ... "My legs in to much pain to be walked on I shouldn't of even done as much as I have" I said trying to get off the horse without falling

sazzie

I jump off the horse and help Veil down, "Yeah sure, but first shouldn't we tend to your leg? What do you need?" I ask almost sympathetically.

veilwebb

"Ill be fine I wrapped it good enough its definatly broken so it will be about a month before it heals so I'm sorry I won't be much help the rest of the way to the border, were about 3 days out now since this side track event we had" I said trying to sit down

sazzie

"Ok good, Well, just a moment then," I then wander off into the forest and start looking for twigs to start a fire.

veilwebb

I crawl over to sazz's bag and rummage through the things hoping to find something to eat but nothing was there

sazzie

As soon as I come back I see Veil rummaging through my bags, I quickly drop the sticks by him, "What are you doing?" I ask harshly.

veilwebb

"Looking for food" I snap at her I then crawl back over to the tree and lean against it then start brushing ants off my leg

sazzie

I then sit on the floor and begin starting the fire.

veilwebb

I take off my jacket and wrapp it up as a pillow and lay on my back watching the stars

sazzie

Sazzie gets the campfire going to a steady blaze and then sits down pretty closely to Veil and asks him "So, do you want to talk about anything?"

veilwebb

"Why don't you just ask what you wanna know and ill talk if I'm up too it " I said while staring into the stary night sky

sazzie

"Uh, nothing. Nevermind," I then scoot away again and try to sleep.

veilwebb

Realizing that sounded kind of rude .... I nudged her "tell me more bout your sister" I said

sazzie

"Nothing, we should just get a move on," I say.

veilwebb

"Ok" I say and try to get on the horse now that the sun is coming up but my leg was hurting and I couldn't get up

sazzie

"Need help?" I ask Veil

Bland.This is too boring now, sorry.

veilwebb

veilwebb

"No I can do it" I then jump up onto the horse letting out a yell of pain but not caring "come on let's go sazz" I say

sazzie

I jump onto the horse and hold on tight to Veil.

veilwebb

I kick the horse and we ride really quickly and off through the woods ..... Avoiding tree after tree ..... A branch is too low up ahead and it looks like its going to knock us off but I grab my sword and cut it and keep riding .... As we reach the other end of the foreset I see 3 guards ahead I stop just out of their eyesight ....probally searching for us I thought .... I turned the horse so sazz could see