Magic RP w/TheStampede

Started by Dani13, September 25, 2011, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStampede

Audrey was startled by the sight of dozens of birds flying in through the windows. The same thing had happened the day before, but she was just as startled as the first time she had seen it.

"I guess that's one thing I'll never get to enjoy here. I don't know anyone that would send me mail by owl."

"If you stay right where you are, then people will eventually come to you."

Dani13

Max blinked. "Don't your parents send anything to ya?" He gulped down a mouthful of Pumpkin Juice when an owl flew in front of him. "Send them an owl, they'll send one back." He shrugged.

TheStampede

"Send them an... Last time I checked there weren't just owls sitting around for anyone to use!" Audrey said in protest.

Audrey looked at Max and upon seeing the look on his face, realized that there were probably dozens of school owls that anyone could use. She smacked her head on the table. She had headdesked many times before but never had she felt something creamy on her head immediately after doing it. She realized she had just slammed her forehead into her uneaten scrambled eggs.  :-[

Dani13

Max blinked, stifling a laugh as he handed her a napkin. "Uh, y-you got s-s-something on your head." He made a snorting noise before going back to the owl in front of him, grabbing the Daily Prophet his mom sent him, flipping to the Quidditch section. "I'll show you the Owls after breakfast if you want. Wanna read with me? It's pretty interesting." He refused to meet her eye, not knowing if he'd laugh or not.

TheStampede

Audrey wiped the egg of off her head as people around them started to laugh. "Ha ha ha. Very funny." Audrey threw the napkin down on the table. "We need to get to Transfiguration remember. Knowing the two of us, if we make any detours, we'll be late."

Audrey jugged a class of pumpkin juice, and grabbed her stuff as she stood up.

"Come on. We need to get going, don't you think?"

Dani13

Max nodded, folding up his paper to shove in his bag. He swigged the last bit of juice before hurrying after. "I'm coming, hold up!" They went into the hallway, following behind the other 1st years who had Transfiguration. One group was talking about how McGonnagel made a very convincing cat.

TheStampede

"It sure seems like people around here are obsessed with cats," Audrey said offhandedly.

When they got to the Transfiguration classroom, Professor McGonnagel was already standing in the front of the class, looking as serious as ever. Audrey and Max took seats in the front of the class. There were glad they did, because that had a perfect view when the teacher decided to start class by turning her desk in to a pig and back again. She then handed matches to all of the students and told them to turn them in to needles.

Dani13

Max sucked on his teeth as he tried to make match into a needle, but it merely made the match more silver looking than wooden. He groaned, huffing slightly while McGonnagel's back was turned. "Well, I didn't get my dad's skills. How are you doing?" he asked looking over at Audrey.

TheStampede

Audrey had managed to get the match to take on a shape similar to a needle, but it still appeared to made of wood and the tip of it was red.

"I guess I'm doing okay," Audrey whispered. "At least I'm not making it do backflips or anything."

Audrey could suddenly swear she felt McGonnagel staring at her, and decided to stop talking.

Dani13

Max chuckled because as soon as Audrey's words left her mouth, the Hufflepuff girl that was sitting next to her had an acrobatic match who decided to tempt fate by launching itself off the table. He laughed inwardly before turning back to his match. He sighed. "I hate needles..."

TheStampede

Audrey concentrated on her attempts to transfigure the match for the rest of class. Right before McGonnagel ended class Audrey managed to get the match to fully transform into a needle.

"Needles aren't too bad," Audrey said, as if he had only made the comment about hating them only a moment ago. "Come on Defense Against the Dark Arts is next."

Dani13

Max grinned at that and pushed his half-needle/half-match towards the center of the table. "Thank goodness!" He got up, grabbing his bag as they walked out. As they made their way towards DADA, Max told Audrey "I heard it's a cursed position. Anyone that takes it never lasts a year." He shrugged. "Kinda odd isn't it?"

TheStampede

"That does seem weird?" Audrey said, sounding concerned. "What happens to all of them?"

Dani13

"Huh? Oh, I think they quit." He shrugged at the thought. "Or at least a couple did. Some fled from the castle screaming, or so says the 7th years I've heard talk." They got near the group that was standing around the DADA classroom. "Maybe they'll stay more than a year this time."

TheStampede

"It seems like that would make trying to learn the subject really difficult," Audrey said. "I mean it can't make for a really consistent subject, having the instructor change all the time. Then again I suppose it could allow you to get a fuller understanding of the subject, if you know what I mean."

Audrey started tapping her foot, growing impatient waiting for the door to open.

"Do you remember the teachers name by any chance?"

Dani13

Max pulled out the schedule, looking over it. "Mr....Ringalds? I don't know think I know him, but the name rings a bell..." He tapped his head slightly. "Eh, I'll look it up." The door opened up, revealing a man with blonde scraggly hair and baggy eyes. His clothes, however, were pressed and straight. He was looking over all the students before motioning them in. "Well come on in then. Let's go."

He left the door open as they all filed in. Max looked over the classroom, wondering what they would do first. He got in the desk near the front, finding that the man had instructed them to turn to a page dedicated to the introduction of Defensive spells.