Blackwell Manor ☪ School for the Paranormal ☪ Interest and Recruiting! [Revised]

Started by Mellific, October 15, 2015, 07:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellific

Original concept for game and artwork is credited to AliceInLace.

Original recruitment thread can be found: here.

Why do we have a new Recruitment thread?

To put it simply, we are under new management. Though our original GM was AliceInLace, she has stepped down from the position of GM, and though everyone involved in the current game is sad to see her go, we understand her reasons for doing so. With that being said, she appointed her Co-GM, Outlaw Fallen, to become the new GM, while keeping the mods the same (myself, and msa24680). Through some revisions, we have created a new and improved recruitment thread that we hope will capture some interest!

With that being said, it should be noted that we haven't gotten too far in our game just yet. We are currently on our second IC event, which is a welcoming ball for all students/faculty. Meaning, adding new characters into the mix at this point in the game, is no challenge, whatsoever!

Please read on and post your interest here, in this thread, or contact one of the members of the staff if you have any questions, concerns, or general comments.

~The Staff: Outlaw Fallen, msa24680, Mellific

We Are Always Accepting New Characters

*Last Update: September 28, 2015*

Many years ago, the times were dim for anyone who was found paranormally gifted. Many have heard of the Salem witch trials that took place but that was only the beginning. Witches weren't the only race that blended in the normal world of the mortals. Many wars raged on between the races until eventually, they all disappeared, presumably moving into hiding. Over a century later the times have changed thanks to many authors and writers bringing forth the races in a more favorable light rather than the gruesome way they had been previously portrayed.

Blackwell was a well known name in the paranormal world as one of the wealthiest families still in existence. Soon after the paranormal community was liberated from their hiding, the head of the family proposed an idea for a school. It would be open to some of the most exclusive families of all races, essentially paranormal royalty. The students would attend the school and learn not only about their own culture but also about the mortals they now interweave with.

The school only features the best of the best, either your family has a large fortune or your scores were high enough to be considered for the preparatory school. The students with still find that many races refuse to get along, and some family feuds go back to the dark ages. However, they all must work out their differences if they wish to receive the best training available.

What they don't know is one man is still out to bring back the wrath of the dark ages and he is willing to go through whatever it takes to destroy not only the school, but the paranormal's as well. As these young adults are trying to figure out themselves, each other and intimacy... can they handle a bad guy on top of it?

Welcome

Blackwell Manor is a tale that has been building for quite some time and a concept that seemed to translate well to a fun group game. At this point, the game has already begun, but it is never too late to join and we are always seeking new interest. There are many opportunities at Blackwell, from student roles to faculty roles, and (almost) every fantasy species imaginable! 

Some specs of the game is that it is a plot-driven sandbox. Meaning that while there is an element of free-range to play how you want, there is also a major plot in place that will be helped along with use of events. The game is for EVERYONE, we are very LBGTQS friendly and encourage everyone to join. The races also have a very wide range, everyone is of a fantasy race such as: Witch, Vampire, Elf, Fae, Shape-Shifter... the possibilities are endless as there are very few we would turn down.

If you have any questions/concerns/comments, please feel free to post them here, or send them via PM to one (or all) of the staff members, mentioned above.

Character and Story Details

Characters

• Seeking around 3-5 professors of various classes. Ages would be 25+
• Students will be unlimited and have an age range of 16-23.
• ALMOST any fantasy-based race will be accepted. The biggest exception to this would be humans, unless the human is a hybrid.
• Powers must make sense to your character and have a limitation. This will prevent OP characters.

Story

• Setting is modern day, which includes all modern technology.
• The entire roleplay will take place around the school. The exception will be the (eventual) occasional school-wide trips to a small town nearby that is just for the paranormal.
• More will come as it's talked about.

Roll Call

This is the current list of active characters in the Rp. Included at the bottom are characters who are On Hold and Retired. On Hold simply means that the typist has been incommunicado/inactive in the game/OOC and will be placed On Hold until the Staff hears from them. Retired simply means that the typist is no longer playing this character.

Students

Faye Zanarius | Succubus | Angiejuusan
Liliana Sinclare | Witch | LamentingQuill
Bellaris | Fae/Pixie | WhatLiesAbove
Desiree "Dizzy" Lilith Shire | Cheshire/Succubus | CurvyKitten
Lola | Kitsune | CurvyKitten
Tahla | Shape-shifter | Menoru
Malinhion | Mind Flayer | EdwardShane
Leah Dawson | Succubus/Human | Eliza
Deanna Gentry | Human/Water Elemental | WhatLiesAbove

Uriel | Saviour | msa24680
Julian Hawthorn | Warlock | LamentingQuill
Madox Archer | Werewolf | Mellific
Fallen | Demon Hybrid | Outlaw Fallen
Jori Frost | Ice Elemental | November Bleeds
Nicholas Frankenstein | Mutant | WritersBlockade
Oren Amsel | Nix | TheRaven
Rowen | Lightning Elemental/Wolf Spirit | Outlaw Fallen
Ethan 'Red Paw' Steele | Shape-Shifter | LamentingQuill
Apollyon "Apollo" Simonides | Centaur | TheBlackThrone
Ai Haruno | Incubus | Tokyorose627

Professors

Eliana Deveraux | Oni | Etiquette | Mellific
Samia Carmel | Descendant of Death | Psychology | AmandaWho

Ash | Archdemon | Arts | Outlaw Fallen
Gage | Incubus | Sexual Education | November Bleeds
Sandbourne "Sandy" Manchester | Sandman Descendant | Dream Studies | Dashou

Other

WARDEN | Golem | Medic & Handyman | Angiejuusan
Decim | Hand of Fate | Butler | Mellific
Rosalyn | Flower Nymph | Physician | LamentingQuill

On Hold

Myvanwy 'Nyx' Narrezzlium | Dark Fae | Julles
Molly Mulligan | Fetch | Nastara
Fenris Milovanovic | Upir | Starcry
Araxis | Dragon | Finance | AndyZ

Retired

Adeline Beaumont | Witch | Mellific
Kelani Alana | Menehune | Crash
Max Ericsson | Semi-Demigod | Crash
Inari Rashaun | Rakshasi | Amarlo
Cedric Dulaine | Water Elemental | kckolbe
Armond D' Angouleme | Vampire | cabalxxvi
Phoenix Ingnis | Fire Elemental | AliceInLace
Veronica Charm | Witch | AliceInLace
Celeste Blackwell | Witch | AliceInLace
Jean-Luc Chevelle | Warlock | Lamenting Quill
Kamilah Leila | Jiniri | Defensive Arts | Keidance
Diana LeCross / Devora | Human/Demon | CurvyKitten
Sierra Sinister | Dark (Tooth) Fairy | Blissy
Penelope Demount | Vampire | Bekah Boo
Kimberly 'Kimmy' Iawada | Arachne | History | Bekah Boo
Nikola Levious | Lamia | Human Studies | Bekah Boo

Support Us!

Feel free to support us with this little banner :) you can resize by adding in the (height=000) tag

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238147.0][IMG]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/2/26/BlackwellManor.png[/IMG][/url]

Threads

All the links you'll need!

Must Read

Character Thread

Out Of Character

OOC Thread

In Game

The Manor
Classes
Greyhollow

Inactive threads:

Old Recruitment Thread
Old OOC and Chat
Plotting
Announcements

O/O | A/A | MM

WhatLiesAbove

Mellific

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on October 15, 2015, 09:10:11 PM
I'd be greatly interested in the story!

Glad to hear it! Bear with me as I'm still in the middle of rerouting our links and creating new ones for the revised version of this Rp.

Our Character Creation thread is up but not complete just yet. Did you have an idea for a character? Student or Professor? :3

O/O | A/A | MM

Rune

How about a character that appears human, but is possessed but the ghost of his ancester who was a very lustful witch. At night, the witch takes over and transforms him into her original form. During the day, she whispers in his mind and can influence him discretely.He has a latent talent for witchcraft and has been sent to the school to develop it.

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Mellific on October 16, 2015, 07:31:43 AM
Our Character Creation thread is up but not complete just yet. Did you have an idea for a character? Student or Professor? :3

Student. I have rough ideas bouncing in my head. Is there a type of student that is more prominent? A certain race that's already overplayed? Was wanting to do something a bit more original.

Mellific

Quote from: Rune on October 16, 2015, 08:05:17 AM
How about a character that appears human, but is possessed but the ghost of his ancester who was a very lustful witch. At night, the witch takes over and transforms him into her original form. During the day, she whispers in his mind and can influence him discretely.He has a latent talent for witchcraft and has been sent to the school to develop it.

Students who appear human but are actually hybrids or, in this case it sounds more like the human body is a 'host' of sorts, is definitely something we can work with. We'd need to see a full bio to really get to the nitty-gritty details of it all, but it's not off-limits. The only exception to characters we'd accept would be humans who are fully human. This is a school for the paranormal, after all. :-)

Your idea is an intriguing one! I'd love to see it written out in a character sheet. I am currently revising the bio sheets to make them a bit easier to read/understand. So, give me a few moments and I will link that thread to you once I've finished, then you can certainly write up a bio!

O/O | A/A | MM

Mellific

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on October 16, 2015, 08:22:05 AM
Student. I have rough ideas bouncing in my head. Is there a type of student that is more prominent? A certain race that's already overplayed? Was wanting to do something a bit more original.

We're always accepting students, so it's great to hear that you're interested in playing one! Currently we're a pretty broad group. Here's a list of our current races:

Golem
Witch
Warlock (2)
Oni
Dragon
Archdemon
Werewolf
Savior
Upir
Wolf Demon
Vampire
Fetch
Succubus

O/O | A/A | MM

WhatLiesAbove

Great! I'll hash something out! Should I post it in character creation, or send it to you?

Mellific

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on October 16, 2015, 08:39:06 AM
Great! I'll hash something out! Should I post it in character creation, or send it to you?

Awesome! :-)

Here is the link to the Character Creation thread. Please head over there and select the codes for both the Reserve as well as the Profile, and send them both to the Staff! Looking forward to reading what you come up with, and thanks for being patient with me while I finished that up.

O/O | A/A | MM

Mellific

Welcome aboard, WhatLiesAbove! We're thrilled to have you and your character joining our game! Feel free to pop by the OOC thread and say hello to everyone! You can find the link for that thread right: Here.

O/O | A/A | MM

CurvyKitten

I've peeked at this one every once and a while, wondering how active this still is?

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Starcry on October 17, 2015, 10:12:30 PM
We are still very much active. The old GM just left and the other GMs took over. :3

Oh yaay! hehe I had two ideas bouncing around my brain for a while, but the game had been going for a bit and its hard to work into a game that's been going for a while. But I saw this and my muses perked up and I had to poke. :P

PS your Fenris looks like a ton of fun!

Inari

When the original GM made this she wanted to make sure it was easy to swing in and out of the RP with little to no problems. All of us who RP here know how awkward it can be to try and get into a game that has been going for a while so we have a tendency to be active in helping newcomers come into the group and helping them settle in~ <3

Why thank you~ <3 He was inspired by quite a few characters and Mel helped me finalise him. ^^

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Starcry on October 17, 2015, 10:33:18 PM
When the original GM made this she wanted to make sure it was easy to swing in and out of the RP with little to no problems. All of us who RP here know how awkward it can be to try and get into a game that has been going for a while so we have a tendency to be active in helping newcomers come into the group and helping them settle in~ <3

Why thank you~ <3 He was inspired by quite a few characters and Mel helped me finalise him. ^^

That sounds great actually! I shall work on my character ideas tonight and see what the gms think.

Well it looks great (a lot of great characters actually) and I hope I get to rp with him/you :)

Inari

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! =D

Fenris was inspired by:

Ayato Sakamaki From Diabolik Lovers.
Eric Northman From True Blood.
Roman Godfrey From Hemlock Grove.

<3

I am sure we shall get to play. :3

CurvyKitten

One character done, the second one still needs a face...mrr. (thinking between Britt Lynn, Lidia Savoderova, or maybe Helga lovekaty,)

OH I know all those characters and know realize he's trouble...lots of all to tempting trouble :P

msa24680

Quote from: CurvyKitten on October 17, 2015, 11:36:24 PM
One character done, the second one still needs a face...mrr. (thinking between Britt Lynn, Lidia Savoderova, or maybe Helga lovekaty,)

OH I know all those characters and know realize he's trouble...lots of all to tempting trouble :P

Glad to hear you are interested, Curvy!  And that you've already made a ton of progress on some Character Sheets!

Please don't hesitate to contact any of the staff (OutlawFallen, Mellific, and me) if we can answer any questions for you.  I'm looking forward seeing what you've come up with!

CurvyKitten

Quote from: msa24680 on October 18, 2015, 07:41:58 AM
Glad to hear you are interested, Curvy!  And that you've already made a ton of progress on some Character Sheets!

Please don't hesitate to contact any of the staff (OutlawFallen, Mellific, and me) if we can answer any questions for you.  I'm looking forward seeing what you've come up with!

Working on trying to get this second character done now. I got a bit tipsy celebrating my new job and didn't really get back to it last night LOL.

Will do! I'm hoping what I came up with works within the game :)

Mellific

Quote from: CurvyKitten on October 18, 2015, 10:04:34 AM
Working on trying to get this second character done now. I got a bit tipsy celebrating my new job and didn't really get back to it last night LOL.

Will do! I'm hoping what I came up with works within the game :)

Curves! I'm excited to see your interest here! :-)

Congrats on the new job, btw!

We're all looking forward to reviewing your CS. Don't hesitate to ask us any questions you may have!

O/O | A/A | MM

Inari

Quote from: CurvyKitten on October 17, 2015, 11:36:24 PM

I am gonna go stalk these said characters now! <3

I also just noticed that I forgot to change the link to this RP in my siggu. All updated now! @_@

Mellific

Quote from: Starcry on October 18, 2015, 05:42:58 PM

I also just noticed that I forgot to change the link to this RP in my siggu. All updated now! @_@

-Facepalms.-

I didn't even think about having to update the URL on that code. Thanks for saying something - I'm going to edit that now.

Edit: Okay, the correct link is now in the banner. So, for everyone who wants to support us, and for those of us who are already showing off the banner, please change your code or just copy/paste this revised one! Thanks :3

O/O | A/A | MM

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Starcry on October 18, 2015, 05:42:58 PM

Woohoo Stalking! LOLZ

I'm excited to be a part of this game :)

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Dhampyress

Mellific

Quote from: Blissy on October 24, 2015, 07:26:42 PM
Very interested!

Sending character application off very soon.

Woot!

Super excited to have your interest, and looking very forward to your application! ;3

O/O | A/A | MM

November Bleeds

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Bibliophilia

Mellific?  I'm contemplating using Stephen James Hendry for a Nephilim or Incubus in the game.  Is there a particular class or subject you'd like to see taught?  Any current gaps that need filling?  -snickers.-

Mellific

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 01, 2015, 05:29:17 PM
Mellific?  I'm contemplating using Stephen James Hendry for a Nephilim or Incubus in the game.  Is there a particular class or subject you'd like to see taught?  Any current gaps that need filling?  -snickers.-

Hey Bibliophilia! I'm really glad to see that you're interested! You're in good company with this face claim - we actually just received an application for a professor from a writer in the game, who is using Stephen James Hendry and is making him an Incubus to teach Sex Ed! xD

I'm sorry that your idea is already in use, but we'd like to encourage you to consider making a different character, if you wouldn't mind! We'd love to have you join us!

As far as gaps that need filling, I think it'd be easier to speak to the roles of Professors we currently have in play, or will soon have. We've currently got teachers for the following subjects: Etiquette, Arts, Defensive Arts, Finance, Sex Ed (soon to be filled), History and Human Studies. So, off the top of my head, we could still use someone for Potions/Charms, Magic, as well as some more common courses like Music, Math, Linguistics, Reading/Writing or similar subjects.

O/O | A/A | MM

Caela

This looks like a fun concept. Need to go read and see what's going on with it! :D

Bibliophilia

Thanks, but I really just wanted to play something with that model.  I'll keep an eye out, in case he becomes available.  Thanks!

Mellific

Quote from: Caela on November 01, 2015, 08:31:38 PM
This looks like a fun concept. Need to go read and see what's going on with it! :D

Thanks Caela! ^^

Quote from: Bibliophilia on November 01, 2015, 08:33:07 PM
Thanks, but I really just wanted to play something with that model.  I'll keep an eye out, in case he becomes available.  Thanks!

Aww, that's alright, I can definitely understand your heart being set on one model. Sorry about that! Hope to see you around the threads, regardless :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

LamentingQuill

Come on folks, this is such a fun game and filled with such fantastic people, come join us! :D

Lingo

I'm interested- scheming and reading up some. For my character, I'm feeling pretty fishy... *terrible pun inserted here* hurhur. But count me in as tentative!

LamentingQuill

Come in one, come on all! We love company! :)

Also, it would be prudent to mention that we are could definitely use some more male characters. Females are more than welcome, but we are a little bit short on the dudes, just a bit.

EdwardShane

I...might wind up joining.  Though I can say my character likely will not be of the masculine variety.  I'm debating between a half-cheshire I may have used elsewhere (likely as a student), or coming up with a new character concept (maaaaaybe a teacher...I would lean towards magic in such a case)

Edit: Have a different character concept in mind.  Will expand on it tomorrow, and try to decide whether to make them a student or a teacher

Mellific

Quote from: Lingo on November 21, 2015, 09:17:39 PM
I'm interested- scheming and reading up some. For my character, I'm feeling pretty fishy... *terrible pun inserted here* hurhur. But count me in as tentative!

Hey, homeslice! Glad to see you're interest :-)

And I'm always a fan of puns. So, no worries there. Anyway, really looking forward to what you come up with.~

Quote from: EdwardShane on November 22, 2015, 01:51:03 AM
I...might wind up joining.  Though I can say my character likely will not be of the masculine variety.  I'm debating between a half-cheshire I may have used elsewhere (likely as a student), or coming up with a new character concept (maaaaaybe a teacher...I would lean towards magic in such a case)

Edit: Have a different character concept in mind.  Will expand on it tomorrow, and try to decide whether to make them a student or a teacher

Woot! Another familiar face!

I'm excited to hear what you're cooking up. Regarding teacher needs, I'd say we could use someone for Potions/Charms, but some sort of Magic-Use class could also prove very worthwhile. Also, if you were still leaning towards the Half-Cheshire idea, I can tell you that we currently have one character with that race already, not that we can't have duplicates, but I figured you'd like to know that. Thanks for you're interest, Edward!

O/O | A/A | MM

EdwardShane

Nah, this race encroaches more in the "WTF, what....what IS that?!?" territory.  My muse decided to get a bit freaky (one might even make the accusation of Lovecraftian to an extent) in coming up with a concept.  Will send the short blurb to the GMs soon, and work on the actual profile afterwards

LamentingQuill

Quote from: EdwardShane on November 22, 2015, 11:38:40 AM
Nah, this race encroaches more in the "WTF, what....what IS that?!?" territory.  My muse decided to get a bit freaky (one might even make the accusation of Lovecraftian to an extent) in coming up with a concept.  Will send the short blurb to the GMs soon, and work on the actual profile afterwards

Well... Lovecraft was a genius after all...

EdwardShane

Well, I dunno how genius-like I wrote up her char sheet, but it's made and sent.  Going to have her be a student.

Mellific

Quote from: EdwardShane on November 23, 2015, 12:53:28 AM
Well, I dunno how genius-like I wrote up her char sheet, but it's made and sent.  Going to have her be a student.

Thank you for sending us a character sheet! We will be reviewing it just as soon as we can. This week might be a bit slower than normal due to Thanksgiving, but we should have some time before then to look it over and get back to you soon! :-)

O/O | A/A | MM

EdwardShane

Understandable.  Hopefully it all works out okay, the backstory wavered a bit from the initial guideline I had in mind lol.

LamentingQuill

LamentingQuill

LamentingQuill

Come join us, exquisite people of Elliquiy, come and enjoy some rp with some awesome and friendly talented people ^.^

Hazy Sky

I'm interested in joining. Is the list of vacancies up to date? My apologies that this message is rather brief and to the point. However I have a sleeping one month old daughter taking up one arm at the moment.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

msa24680

Quote from: skyre on December 21, 2015, 05:03:56 PM
I'm interested in joining. Is the list of vacancies up to date? My apologies that this message is rather brief and to the point. However I have a sleeping one month old daughter taking up one arm at the moment.

Hey Skyre!  Thanks for the interest!  Feel free to check out our Character Page to see the past and current characters in the game.  And... I do believe it is up to date.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

LamentingQuill

Here is a bump for this awesome group of awesome people, that you folks should totally come and join up with ;)

LamentingQuill

Eliza

I see that there is already a succubus enrolled, is there room for one more?

If not, I can think of something else. Maybe a Siren.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Eliza on January 26, 2016, 03:26:55 PM

Sure, I can't imagine why there wouldn't be :D

TheBlackThrone

I don't know how I missed your bump on Jan. 9th. :-)

I already have an idea for an exotic character.  ;D
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Mellific

Quote from: Eliza on January 26, 2016, 03:26:55 PM

As long as you create a unique character who qualifies for Blackwell Academy (by either being unique enough on their own, or having a noteworthy name in the Paranormal realm, or by having outstanding grades from another institution), it should be fine for you to create a Succubus, or a Siren, if you would prefer. Just send you Bio to the Staff and we will get back to you as soon as possible! ^^

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on January 26, 2016, 04:37:35 PM
I don't know how I missed your bump on Jan. 9th. :-)

I already have an idea for an exotic character.  ;D

You're here now, and that's all that matters! Looking very forward to your character sheet! :3

O/O | A/A | MM

Tokyorose627

Hi! Are you guys still taking characters? I have an OC that I love to RP and I thought this RP could be a lot of fun to be in!