Buffy/Angel: After the End

Started by SithLordOfSnark, December 25, 2017, 03:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SithLordOfSnark

So, I had once run this as a full fledged forum RP, but it never really went anywhere, but I'd love to see how E feels about getting something like it going, so here goes.

The plot:

In an epic battle between the forces of good and evil, Sunnydale and the Hellmouth have been decimated. The story of how one girl in all the world was able to defeat the scourge of Hell will never go down in the history books of mankind but the survivors know the truth and they will never forget those friends and loved ones who fell in battle.

Angel’s team has suffered overwhelming casualties too after clashing with Wolfram and Hart in the streets of L.A. They believe they have dealt a grievous blow to the plans of the Senior Partners but the cost was devastating.

The time to regroup and mourn is cut short however when Giles stumbles upon a dangerous secret in the remnants of the Watcher’s Council library. There is another Hellmouth and not just any kind of Hellmouth but Hell’s Gate which opens every Hellmouth on Earth. Wolfram & Hart have narrowed the location down to L.A. but it will be a race against time to see who can find it first.

Character Listing:

Angel - SithLordOfSnark
Rupert Giles - SithLordOfSnark
Alexander "Xander" Harris - SithLordOfSnark
Spike - Thesunmaid
Akemi Hayashi (OC) - Kokaine
James Rosenberg (OC) - sullivanthedreadlord

Original Character Application:

Name:
Species:
Powers:
Brief Background:

Appearance:

If you wish to play a canon character, I simply need to see a sample as the character you want to play.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

SithLordOfSnark

I really hope I can get some interest for this.

SithLordOfSnark

Anyone?

I really want to get this going.

Kokaine

I'm interested. Either Kennedy or an OC slayer potential would be my preference.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Kokaine on January 08, 2018, 10:47:06 AM
I'm interested. Either Kennedy or an OC slayer potential would be my preference.

Either would be amazing. :)

Thesunmaid

I pmed with a question before I would submit some kind of sheet. Hope that's OK.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Green Goo Theory

Tossing out interest and bookmarking.  I'm really rusty on Buffy-verse stuff so I may need to get some refreshers going on my end.  I don't even remember my old character ideas.  But, since we're on the topic is there anything outright banned? 
Coming soon...

sullivanthedreadlord

I really love the buffyverse but I would not want to play a canon character. I would be interested in playing a magic user who was either self taught or was part of some coven.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

SithLordOfSnark

All of you are more then welcome to join, and OCs are definitely welcomed. :)

As for the banned question - The only thing I can think of is any type of mind control.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: SithLordOfSnark on January 09, 2018, 03:52:53 AM
All of you are more then welcome to join, and OCs are definitely welcomed. :)

As for the banned question - The only thing I can think of is any type of mind control.

So, no forced singing for a musical episode? 
Coming soon...

Thesunmaid

Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

sullivanthedreadlord

I know how slayers work. I'm just a bit rusty on magic and how it will work in this rp.
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 09, 2018, 05:47:02 PM
I know how slayers work. I'm just a bit rusty on magic and how it will work in this rp.

I'm a little rusty on witch mechanics in Buffy too, so you're not alone there. LOL

Thesunmaid

I could help if needed. I am sort of a buffy/ angel nerd lol

sullivanthedreadlord

From what I remember Witch's always have some sort of telekinetic powers. They can tap into external power sources to give themselves a boost in power. They can put souls in vampires. Take souls out of vampires. Also there is always a spell for that and they can bring people back from the dead though there is always consequences for that as well. I guess magic is like doing drugs.....

My O/O Page

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 09, 2018, 08:41:24 PM
From what I remember Witch's always have some sort of telekinetic powers. They can tap into external power sources to give themselves a boost in power. They can put souls in vampires. Take souls out of vampires. Also there is always a spell for that and they can bring people back from the dead though there is always consequences for that as well. I guess magic is like doing drugs.....

That sounds about right, yes. :)

sullivanthedreadlord

If I am to play witch I would want some limits put on my powers at the very least as it would be boring to just have a spell for every thing and any thing I need. Its kind of boring to just be able to pull a Deus ex machine out of no where cause magic. Of course not all magic should be like using crack or what ever since there was Willows girlfriend who was able to use magic with out being all addicted to it like willow was at least in the one season where she turned evil and tried to destroy the world.

My O/O Page

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 10, 2018, 02:45:06 AM
If I am to play witch I would want some limits put on my powers at the very least as it would be boring to just have a spell for every thing and any thing I need. Its kind of boring to just be able to pull a Deus ex machine out of no where cause magic. Of course not all magic should be like using crack or what ever since there was Willows girlfriend who was able to use magic with out being all addicted to it like willow was at least in the one season where she turned evil and tried to destroy the world.

Agreed.

Kokaine

So, just to be sure, this takes place shortly after the end of Buffy? Or is it farther along than that?

I watched all of the show religiously but I didn't read the comics or keep up with Angel beyond the first few seasons.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Thesunmaid

I was asking the same thing Kokaine

Kokaine

Here's my charrie. I am willing to tweak her as needed. Depending on the timeline I might age her up. She's meant to be 22 around the events at the end of Buffy.

Character Name: Akemi Hayashi
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Age and Birthday:  22 | November 1st
Species: Human / Awakened Slayer
Powers and Abilities:
Typical slayer abilities + extra emphasis on speed due to running track in High School
Proficient in Martial Arts, Melee Weapons, and small fire arms
Gifted with a sword (of all things)

Appearance:
Height - 5'11"
Hair - Brunette
Eye Color - Blue-Gray
Distinguishing Features - The most Japanese thing about Akemi is her name. Almost no part of her takes after her father's Japanese features, at least not obviously, but instead she is almost the spitting image of her mother with the exception of her height. Tall and lean, she is no waifish girl. Instead she is athletic and toned with a healthy balance of muscle and curves. Her ears are pierced 7 times each and she has a tiny nose stud in her right nostril.

Background: The daughter of an American Soldier and a Japanese Botanist who met originally on a blind date that went so terribly her mother threatened her father with serious bodily harm, Akemi has always been something of an imposing figure to her peers. Tall and undoubtedly physical, she held herself with an air of confidence and utter competence that was rare for a child her age, seeming to fear little, if anything at all. That isn't to say she had no weaknesses or vulnerabilities, she simply hid them well, preferring to follow her mother's example and put her best foot forward. Perhaps as a result of the various moves they had to make throughout her childhood due to her mother's military career, Akemi learned to put that fearlessness to good use in making friends quickly, letting her generally playful and compassionate nature shine through in the hopes of cutting short the initial loneliness that always seemed to accompany their moves. Sports in particular seemed to be a good way for her to do this though her competitive nature and relentless drive to win did intimidate quite a few. Despite being generally easy going everywhere else, there are numerous childhood stories (and even some more recent stories) involving fights with boys (and sometimes girls) who couldn't seem to handle a girl who bested them. She never could seem to stomach bullies either.

Fighting aside, Akemi did try to make the best of whatever situation she found herself in. Wherever they moved, wherever she had to go to school, whatever differences she had to adjust to, she tried her best to take it all in stride--even when it was less than favorable. There were plenty of times in her childhood when her recklessness, her temper, or her inability to simply sit still got her into trouble or she found herself wanting nothing more than to run away to some place different, some place better, but she never did. Running away simply wasn't acceptable to a mother who ate, slept, and breathed excellence and her father, well, even being somewhat quirky and absent minded there was a resilience and strength in him that would never be mistaken for cowardice. They were almost perfectly matched in that regard not to mention quite a few others. In fact, watching her parents there's no wonder Akemi is something of a closet romantic.

Moving around was hard and schooling could be a nightmare with having to shift between various curriculum but Akemi did a fair job maintaining above average marks. Finally, her last year of high school her family returned to the states where her father took a teaching position at a prestigious university and her mother received a promotion that would allow her to remain stationed in Virginia without further excessive moving, though fairly frequent travel was required. Her grades were not that of a genius but they were certainly high enough to earn her admittance to a University and her father's job ensured her a spot near him. Unfortunately, one night some crazed lunatic came in and ripped it all apart. They never caught the culprit but to this day Akemi swears that man had come to her house looking for her. Her family paid the price.

That night was the night her watcher found her. It wasn't her turn to be called but it wasn't unusual for identified potentials to be placed with a watcher. Killian would claim it was a bit late given Akemi was already 17 but better late than never. Their relationship consisted of a lot of snark but there was respect and admiration too. Then of course he was killed when the First began trying to kill off the Slayer line. The only thing he could tell her was to find Buffy, the current slayer. It was a rough trip but she made it to Sunnydale to join the team. They went through hell (almost literally) but they succeeded. They won. Too bad it was just another battle and not the war as they had originally thought...

Akemi might have been a little late to the whole destiny thing but she's settling in despite the tragedy in her life. Her lifetime of moving around has made her somewhat restless in some regards and has resulted in a tendency to over exert herself physically, either by partying too much or over-training. Somehow managing to still be playful, affectionate, and sincere by nature, Akemi is dependable and still guided by a strong moral compass; though she can be cocky, reckless, and most certainly competitive at times too. Also be warned, an upset Akemi can eat you out of house and home.

My O/Os

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Kokaine on January 10, 2018, 05:07:27 PM
So, just to be sure, this takes place shortly after the end of Buffy? Or is it farther along than that?

I watched all of the show religiously but I didn't read the comics or keep up with Angel beyond the first few seasons.

It's a few months after the end of Buffy, but in modern times instead of the early 2000s.

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Kokaine on January 10, 2018, 06:57:40 PM
Here's my charrie. I am willing to tweak her as needed. Depending on the timeline I might age her up. She's meant to be 22 around the events at the end of Buffy.

Character Name: Akemi Hayashi
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Age and Birthday:  22 | November 1st
Species: Human / Awakened Slayer
Powers and Abilities:
Typical slayer abilities + extra emphasis on speed due to running track in High School
Proficient in Martial Arts, Melee Weapons, and small fire arms
Gifted with a sword (of all things)

Appearance:
Height - 5'11"
Hair - Brunette
Eye Color - Blue-Gray
Distinguishing Features - The most Japanese thing about Akemi is her name. Almost no part of her takes after her father's Japanese features, at least not obviously, but instead she is almost the spitting image of her mother with the exception of her height. Tall and lean, she is no waifish girl. Instead she is athletic and toned with a healthy balance of muscle and curves. Her ears are pierced 7 times each and she has a tiny nose stud in her right nostril.

Background: The daughter of an American Soldier and a Japanese Botanist who met originally on a blind date that went so terribly her mother threatened her father with serious bodily harm, Akemi has always been something of an imposing figure to her peers. Tall and undoubtedly physical, she held herself with an air of confidence and utter competence that was rare for a child her age, seeming to fear little, if anything at all. That isn't to say she had no weaknesses or vulnerabilities, she simply hid them well, preferring to follow her mother's example and put her best foot forward. Perhaps as a result of the various moves they had to make throughout her childhood due to her mother's military career, Akemi learned to put that fearlessness to good use in making friends quickly, letting her generally playful and compassionate nature shine through in the hopes of cutting short the initial loneliness that always seemed to accompany their moves. Sports in particular seemed to be a good way for her to do this though her competitive nature and relentless drive to win did intimidate quite a few. Despite being generally easy going everywhere else, there are numerous childhood stories (and even some more recent stories) involving fights with boys (and sometimes girls) who couldn't seem to handle a girl who bested them. She never could seem to stomach bullies either.

Fighting aside, Akemi did try to make the best of whatever situation she found herself in. Wherever they moved, wherever she had to go to school, whatever differences she had to adjust to, she tried her best to take it all in stride--even when it was less than favorable. There were plenty of times in her childhood when her recklessness, her temper, or her inability to simply sit still got her into trouble or she found herself wanting nothing more than to run away to some place different, some place better, but she never did. Running away simply wasn't acceptable to a mother who ate, slept, and breathed excellence and her father, well, even being somewhat quirky and absent minded there was a resilience and strength in him that would never be mistaken for cowardice. They were almost perfectly matched in that regard not to mention quite a few others. In fact, watching her parents there's no wonder Akemi is something of a closet romantic.

Moving around was hard and schooling could be a nightmare with having to shift between various curriculum but Akemi did a fair job maintaining above average marks. Finally, her last year of high school her family returned to the states where her father took a teaching position at a prestigious university and her mother received a promotion that would allow her to remain stationed in Virginia without further excessive moving, though fairly frequent travel was required. Her grades were not that of a genius but they were certainly high enough to earn her admittance to a University and her father's job ensured her a spot near him. Unfortunately, one night some crazed lunatic came in and ripped it all apart. They never caught the culprit but to this day Akemi swears that man had come to her house looking for her. Her family paid the price.

That night was the night her watcher found her. It wasn't her turn to be called but it wasn't unusual for identified potentials to be placed with a watcher. Killian would claim it was a bit late given Akemi was already 17 but better late than never. Their relationship consisted of a lot of snark but there was respect and admiration too. Then of course he was killed when the First began trying to kill off the Slayer line. The only thing he could tell her was to find Buffy, the current slayer. It was a rough trip but she made it to Sunnydale to join the team. They went through hell (almost literally) but they succeeded. They won. Too bad it was just another battle and not the war as they had originally thought...

Akemi might have been a little late to the whole destiny thing but she's settling in despite the tragedy in her life. Her lifetime of moving around has made her somewhat restless in some regards and has resulted in a tendency to over exert herself physically, either by partying too much or over-training. Somehow managing to still be playful, affectionate, and sincere by nature, Akemi is dependable and still guided by a strong moral compass; though she can be cocky, reckless, and most certainly competitive at times too. Also be warned, an upset Akemi can eat you out of house and home.

She looks good to me. Accepted.

Thesunmaid

I am going by the Buffy wiki for some of the dates for these. I hope thats ok.

Name: Spike,William Pratt,William the bloody (awful)
Age: (Apparent and Real)Born in 1850 so when he was turned 30 years (going on the assumption that its around todays date.) he is includeing his human and vampire life 168 years.
Species:vampire
Powers:In addition to the common powers and vulnerabilities of vampires, Spike possesses many qualities unique to himself:
Advanced age gives him physical abilities superior to most other vampires and demons.
Highly skilled in both armed and unarmed combat.
Capable of operating a wide variety of vehicles.
Fluency in quite a few languages (such as Latin, Uganda, and the Fyarl demon language).
Knowledge of poetry.

I can do more of a backround but...I could kind of go on and on...probably not really a good idea. If anyone wants any more detail here is the fan wiki which covers everything. I am going to be useing the backround up until the last battle IN LA at the end of Angel and I think I would like to pick up in this game before the comics started.I am not looking for him to be the lord of beverly hills or hanging around a man sized talking preying mantis.

http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Spike

Brief Background:Born in 1850 to Anne Pratt. Sort of a Mama's boy for the longest time and was a fairly bad poet in that time. He was a semi rich young affluent young man who did not have much in common with his contemporaries. Fell in love with a young woman named Cecily and was rejected by her causeing him to flee from the party he was at and was turned by Drusilla and became a part of their little group. Attempting to save his mother he turned her but that did not end well. Killing her he regretted that going forward.

Following Dru about like some kind of lovesick puppy and hateing his grandsire Angel. Became a baddie for a time trying to kill as many slayers developing a taste for slayer blood. Killing two...one a young chinese woman in the boxer rebellion and then another in the 70's where he got his coat from. Eventually comeing to live in the hell mouth wanting to heal his beloved Drusilla. He would go on trying to kill the new slayer buffy and the scoobies. Eventually becomeing a part of the group..somewhat grudgingly by some of them when he got a chip in his head making it impossible to hurt a human with out blinding pain in his head.

Falling in love with the slayer...and then gaining his soul back and then dying to save the hell mouth he would later come out as a ghosty in LA but then gained back his body no longer being trapped in the law firm He decided to stick around LA since sunnyhell did not really have anything left for him considering it was now a smoking crater. Not really the homey cozy space he was looking for.

Appearance:

Writing sample: I played Spike in a few games here are the links to the past ones. (posted with the permission of my lovely partners.) They are all games still on Elliquiy but I thought the links would help lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=137169.msg6133022#msg6133022
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=140037.msg6274328#msg6274328

And two games I am currently playing in..they are sadly not as long as the others but these were just started recently.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=281067.0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=280894.0

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Thesunmaid on January 11, 2018, 02:14:21 PM
I am going by the Buffy wiki for some of the dates for these. I hope thats ok.

Name: Spike,William Pratt,William the bloody (awful)
Age: (Apparent and Real)Born in 1850 so when he was turned 30 years (going on the assumption that its around todays date.) he is includeing his human and vampire life 168 years.
Species:vampire
Powers:In addition to the common powers and vulnerabilities of vampires, Spike possesses many qualities unique to himself:
Advanced age gives him physical abilities superior to most other vampires and demons.
Highly skilled in both armed and unarmed combat.
Capable of operating a wide variety of vehicles.
Fluency in quite a few languages (such as Latin, Uganda, and the Fyarl demon language).
Knowledge of poetry.

I can do more of a backround but...I could kind of go on and on...probably not really a good idea. If anyone wants any more detail here is the fan wiki which covers everything. I am going to be useing the backround up until the last battle IN LA at the end of Angel and I think I would like to pick up in this game before the comics started.I am not looking for him to be the lord of beverly hills or hanging around a man sized talking preying mantis.

http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Spike

Brief Background:Born in 1850 to Anne Pratt. Sort of a Mama's boy for the longest time and was a fairly bad poet in that time. He was a semi rich young affluent young man who did not have much in common with his contemporaries. Fell in love with a young woman named Cecily and was rejected by her causeing him to flee from the party he was at and was turned by Drusilla and became a part of their little group. Attempting to save his mother he turned her but that did not end well. Killing her he regretted that going forward.

Following Dru about like some kind of lovesick puppy and hateing his grandsire Angel. Became a baddie for a time trying to kill as many slayers developing a taste for slayer blood. Killing two...one a young chinese woman in the boxer rebellion and then another in the 70's where he got his coat from. Eventually comeing to live in the hell mouth wanting to heal his beloved Drusilla. He would go on trying to kill the new slayer buffy and the scoobies. Eventually becomeing a part of the group..somewhat grudgingly by some of them when he got a chip in his head making it impossible to hurt a human with out blinding pain in his head.

Falling in love with the slayer...and then gaining his soul back and then dying to save the hell mouth he would later come out as a ghosty in LA but then gained back his body no longer being trapped in the law firm He decided to stick around LA since sunnyhell did not really have anything left for him considering it was now a smoking crater. Not really the homey cozy space he was looking for.

Appearance:

Writing sample: I played Spike in a few games here are the links to the past ones. (posted with the permission of my lovely partners.) They are all games still on Elliquiy but I thought the links would help lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=137169.msg6133022#msg6133022
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=140037.msg6274328#msg6274328

And two games I am currently playing in..they are sadly not as long as the others but these were just started recently.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=281067.0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=280894.0

You did more then I actually needed, but accepted. :)