Aetherpunk - Victorian Era Steampunk game - LGBT Friendly

Started by Crash, November 14, 2017, 08:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madame Professor

Quote from: Karma on November 16, 2017, 09:03:01 PM
Delilah and Rin are covered, of course, but we still need to work out exactly what kind of cahoots Rin and Yuri are in.

Yes, we do! And I plan to run an idea by you, too! ;)

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 16, 2017, 09:44:27 PM
When his ship arrives, Scanlon will need a very good mechanic.

He'll be coming in on one engine and it's going to be on fire.....

I know just the gal! ;)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Captain Whitebread

Just finished writing it.  Now the waiting begins before I post it.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

TheLaughingOne

Name: Thomas Wingston
Player: TheLaughingOne
Concept: Wildlands Bounty Hunter
Trouble:
Grim Servant O' Death: Naturally seems to draw attention of people looking to start a fight or cause trouble, tends to rub The Law wrong, but so long as acting in defense comes out clean.
It ain't the years, Its the mileage: While still rather young compared to most, a rough life has left Jake with plenty of old injuries to bother him.
You seen a six fingered man around..?: Is searching for clues to man with very distinct feature which usually leads to trouble.

Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight
Ons: Violence, Vengeance, mayhem, hot steamy baths, Hot Steamy Baths, reward money, fancy guns, a good hard drink, hot real food, and maybe the occasional explosion.
Offs: Violence against those he don't think deserve it, thoroughly corrupt officials (that work against him), not getting paid, held in cell for to long, people that cant take a hint, lying cheating scumbags. Traitors.

National Affiliation and Ancestry: American Mixed. Northern father, Southern mother. Holds no real loyalties to any current power aside from Coin and Companions.

Appearance:
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Deep blue
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 140

Description: Tall, lithe, and wiry are terms that describe Thomas. While not the picture of physical perfection he has a rough leanness to him that shows up in fighters who have been running around for a while. His brown hair hangs in lanky locks under a black leather wide brim hat. His face scarred and heavy stubble covering his chin and usually chewing on the end of a cheroot. His clothing heavy, and well worn, something that might have been fancy in the past, but over time and use have just become something comfortable and there to protect from a good scrape on the ground, but still fairly clean regardless, and he isn't unwashed like one might expect as well. His posture remains relaxed and easy, though his hands never stray far from the holsters at his hips.

Personality: For the most part Thomas remains a fairly easy and laid back person, happy to joke about with people, though quick to apologize if he goes a bit to far, unless he means to annoy the person. Though something about him just manages to antagonize people, just coming up and buying the bar drinks is enough to get the occasional hot head burning up for a fight, though it rarely turns to much more then a brief scuffle in which he hardly hesitates to pound the paste out of those that pick the fight. Of all people though. His moods are occasionally mercurial, some things triggering old memories suddenly turning it sour, or lightening it when he is in a powerful sulk, though he seems reluctant to really explain.

Background: Thomas has worked as a bounty hunter, mercenary, and paid thug through out the Americas for near on 10 years, all the while using what connections he made in an attempt to find the location of a certain British commander, Lord Kennifton, the disgraced son of a Duke who was shifted into the British occupation of the Americas with hopes of the matter of his actions leading to the disgrace smoothing over. His Pa was a Union soldier who had been lost behind enemy lines and taken to working as a hunter while trying to gather information that would help bring him back into the good graces of the Union by bringing them intel, his Mother a Confederate prostitute that was the commanders favorite, not as beautiful as other girls might be, but spirited, and able to take the beatings he was fond of administering without breaking.

The two supported each other in hopes of being able to escape and run to the West, she had no place in the South as she was listed as a traitor for the commander liking her so much. Time passed and when things became dire, her becoming pregnant with Thomas, prompted them to steal what they could from the Commander and run with haste off to more uninhabited lands where they could live fairly peacefully. For fifteen years they lived building a homestead out in the wilds, trading with traveling merchants, hunters, and the few rare times they went out into town for supplies they needed.

Thomas was brash as a child, his Pa training him how to fight, hunt, shoot, and all the ways he needed to take care of himself and help with keeping up the homestead. He grew up tough, strong, and quick, good genes from his father, who wasn't his Pa. A last parting gift from Commander Kennifton. Afraid he would want the child ended, or simply take the quicker way, kill her to end both. So they stole several bits of expensive goods, gold, silver, and whatever they could find as useful and ran and raised him best they could, not keeping this secret from him. Their little lives ended when the Commander found them.

The attack came sudden in the night, troops burning the small fields and ransacking the house, Pa remaining to hold them off and distract them, only to be gunned down, and his mother twisting her ankle bad while running in the dark pushed what little they had managed to grab to Thomas before telling him to run. He didn't get far, stopping from a hallow of trees to watch as a man, half his face replaced with a golden Augmentic,  laid into his mother with a sword slashing her to ribbons. Finally a face, partially, to go with his father. He demanded the return of his family sword, the other stolen things, things they never could have taken, and finally, his son.

Thomas stumbled around the wilderness for weeks before being picked up by a group of hunters that had dealt with his family in the past, news having reached them of the homestead and all the land around burned to ash and salted. He kept along with the hunters as they headed out west, working to earn his keep and learn.

He shifted from job to job, usually bully work and enforcement. A boon came his way by means of pair of goons who had a price on their head by the local constabulary. The money had been good, and the challenge even better, not to mention his blithe attitude had soured the situation with many of the gangs in the area, thus leading him to take to bounty hunting.

He has kept his ear to the ground, the memory of his Pa and mother being murdered still burning in the back of his brain, following whispers of a british man with a golden face and horrible temper, and whispers, not to mention a big bounty he roped along the way, have brought him to San Franscisco...

Know For: Thug work in the far past, rather proficent bounty hunter,

Goals: Find the Commander, kill him dead as hell. Find a good way to get rich. Sit back and enjoy the rest of his life the best he can.

Plots: Revenge for family against their killer. Develope some good relations with others. Fend off previous bounties back for revenge.

Strengths:
    • Tough as an oak Knot: One of those people that manages to take a beating that would floor someone thrice his size and keep kicking. This doesn't mean he heals any faster though.
    • Stronger then he looks: Despite his frame he has a great deal of physical strength to him.
    • Quick eyes, hands, and wits: Sharp reflexes keep him fast on his feet and quick with his hands.

Weaknesses:
      • Mean as a Rattler: Tends to get carried away in bad fights, can sometimes sour relations to people around.
      • Holds a grudge like pure gold: Hard memory for slights, treasons, betrayals, and other issues from people in the past. Driven to "Set Things Right" even at cost of current objectives or situations.
      • Aether Bungled: For some reason he is rather susceptible to Aether effects, attacks and charms working overly effective against him, aether infused drugs hit MUCH harder and last longer. Occasionally attracts attention of Fiddly strange beings. Sometimes has difficulty with Aether powered equipment (he can ride just fine on an aether powered airship/car/so forth, but if he tried to pilot or work the engine would start encountering complications

Skills:

• Firearms: Thomas is a dead shot with most any firearm put in his hand, though tends to like close up weapons.
      • Edged Weapons: Trained well with Swords, axes, daggers, knives, and other hand to hand weapons that rely on an edge to do damage. (excluding the likes of Polearms)
      • Fist Fighting: Has no formal martial arts training but is right vicious in an unarmed brawl knowing a good many ways to pull a person apart with his bare hands
      • Muscian: Of all things, he is amazingly good with a nyckleharpa, able to tune and restore his with relative ease and play out a good tune without much preparation.
      • Languages: Proficient in several languages enough to communicate and understand quite clearly, though always manages to retain his American accent.

Weapons:
        • Fathers old revolver. 6 shots .45 caliber
        • Sawn off Revolver shotgun, 5 shots 20 bore.
        • Basket-Hilt Broadsword.
        [/list][/list][/list]
        My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Captain Whitebread

Scanlon is willing to hold the Commander down, while you beat him to death with a brick. 

He'd even provide the brick and offer a few suggestions as to where to strike.

TheLaughingOne

Nnnaaaahhhh. Thomas has The Family Sword. Be a shame to not use it.
        My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Captain Whitebread

Fair enough

Brick sword brick sword brick sword

Of course he'd last longer with just the brick

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

Captain Whitebread

Sword

Brick until that cut stops bleeding

Repeat until done

Works with red hot poker too

Actually ScanLon isn't into torture, just killing the British

Crash

Any characters not yet approved should be PM’d to me when complete.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
        Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

slayerred

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

slayerred

I have a vague idea for a gruff, villainous union boss.  Mind if I shoot a character sheet your way sometime in the next day?

Crash

Whenever you have one ready.  I am leaving recruitment open as long as it keeps generating interest.

slayerred

Crash

IronQuill

Hello! I was wondering if you fine folks were still looking for players. I read through the whole premise and I am totally intrigued. Plus I have a little soft spot for steampunk/gaslamp fantasy.

I had an inkling of an idea for a character, a big burly deserter from some far flung nation's army. Even got a picture for him.

Yohn
        "Gleaming shell of an outworn lie;  fable of Right divine -
        You gained your crown by heritage,
        but Blood was the price of mine.
        The throne that I won by blood and sweat,
        By Crom I will not sell!
        For promise of valleys filled with gold, or threat of the Halls of Hell!" - The Road of Kings
        My Ideas and Requests

IronQuill

"Gleaming shell of an outworn lie;  fable of Right divine -
        You gained your crown by heritage,
        but Blood was the price of mine.
        The throne that I won by blood and sweat,
        By Crom I will not sell!
        For promise of valleys filled with gold, or threat of the Halls of Hell!" - The Road of Kings
        My Ideas and Requests

Crash

Mister Ugly

Is there a deeper history for this!
        I gathered from reading the thread there is a scattered US and something about an English invasion!

Did I miss a link to the deeper history 'cause it sounds very interesting!!

MU
        "You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
        "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
        Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Crash

VermilionPrincess

*Sneaks in* Interested in playing a gunslinger of sorts

Fury Aphrodisia

Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Crash

Quote from: VermilionPrincess on November 21, 2017, 02:41:03 PM
        *Sneaks in* Interested in playing a gunslinger of sorts

Excellent!  Just send me your character when he/she is ready!

VermilionPrincess

I'm having a bit of trouble with my character, mostly finding a suitable face claim. Looking for a redhead preferably with a sort of old west look. edit: Female in her mid twenties.