Musings on Dick Morris comments

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, June 04, 2008, 01:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

I was intrigued by the comments of former adviser Dick Morris to President Clinton.    That is his comments on Hannity & Colmes on FOX. 

His take on this years presidential campaign.  It is the democrats to lose.   It is a year, that America wants to put a democrat into office.   However, after the primary season here that just drew to a close.  The democrats poised for big sweeping gains in Washington.  In which they could see a hundred seat advantage in the house. The democrats have elected a candidate that is wholly unelectable in a general election.  While the republicans, bracing for major set backs in Washington, as the wheel turns. Already gearing up not for 08, but beyond.  Have perhaps stumbled onto the most electable candidate, that being John McCain.

Now I thought thought on this some.  I see where he is coming from. Of course, Dick Morris ever since getting fired from Bill Clinton's white house. Has had an obsession of dishing the Clinton's.    Yet this is not Hilliary, but Barack.  That he makes this comment about.   Barack did not win any of the true key states that will matter.  They will matter because of number of electoral votes.    He did not resonate with the working  blue collar vote.  That is outside of his own race.   

I can see a lot of those union blue collar workers.  The truck drivers, shift workers, jumping fence and going over towards John McCain.  While a the same time.  A huge number or percentage of Clinton supporters are vowing not to vote for him.   

So my question is, did the extreme left engineer and hijack the democratic party this election year.   And in doing so, did they screw the chances of the democrats seating a democratic president.   

OldSchoolGamer

The whole problem is the two-party system.  Until we can convince voters that winged monkeys won't abduct and anally molest them for voting independent, I think we Americans are pretty much hosed in terms of getting any kind of intelligent leadership in this country.

Zakharra

QuoteSo my question is, did the extreme left engineer and hijack the democratic party this election year.   And in doing so, did they screw the chances of the democrats seating a democratic president

Pretty much.

National Acrobat

I think that the far-left has made it difficult, because a president and the congress tend to be center most of the time, in order to build coalitions to pass legislation. I honestly can't see Obama being as liberal as the far-left wants him to be should he get elected, and the blue dog democrats factor into it. In fact, I expect the Democrats will spend a lot of time wrangling with each other.

My own state, Virginia, already has a Conservative Democratic Senator, and we are most likely going to elect another right of center leaning Democrat in the fall. I can guarantee that if that happens, Webb and Warner will have many disagreements with the far left on Policy.

In fact, Warner is expected to win big, which means that he won't be as beholden to the DNC for favors if elected because he won't need much of their support to win. He was a widely popular governor who left office with an approval rating around 70%.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: TyTheDnDGuy on June 04, 2008, 02:26:55 AM
The whole problem is the two-party system.  Until we can convince voters that winged monkeys won't abduct and anally molest them for voting independent, I think we Americans are pretty much hosed in terms of getting any kind of intelligent leadership in this country.

*points up*  I totally agree
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs