Ipad docs

Started by Kurzyk, March 23, 2014, 10:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurzyk

Does anyone know a good app for the iPad for writing? docs, spreadsheets etc.? Sort of the microsoft office equivalent?

Thank you!

Crimson Caine

I know it's available on Ipad as well though I use it on my Android tablet and phone but I can recommend Google docs.  It's got a good spell check, better then word sometime, and it can be used online or via the app.  You can use it for word processing and spreadsheets, though I have to admit I've never used the spreadsheet function, but I hear it's good.
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

jouzinka

I use Polaris Office. It's not free, but cost under 1 Euro. It has a nice spell check as well and connects to Dropbox, Google drive and others.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Kurzyk

Great thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Stella

I reccommend Documents. It's never crashed and is extremely reliable and easy to use - I've written novel-length pieces on it, it couldn't be easier to use. I use the free version which has everything I need but there's also a paid version if there's extra features you want.

Kurzyk

Is it the Documents Free (Mobile Office Suite)?

Stella

Yes, that's the one!

Psi

Writing as in documents, writing as in journals or writing as in authoring?   I know you mentioned office, but if its a different approach, a more specific app might be more suitable.

Have you considered Google Drive?

I use an app called DayOne for Journals, which supports Markdown, and can syncronise.

Kurzyk

Quote from: Stella on March 25, 2014, 02:46:20 AM
Yes, that's the one!

Ah very cool! Thank you.  :-)

Writing all different kinds of pieces. I'll try those Psi, thank you.