Unknown Armies (always recruiting)

Started by Kythia, August 06, 2013, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kythia

It's OK, darras.  I won't let the nasty yank hurt you.  If he bothers you then just point behind him and say "Look!  A Cheeseburger"  then attack him while he's distracted.  As a more elaborate attack, explain either cricket or the constitutional status of the Channel Islands then kick him in the balls once he's confused.

darras

*takes detailed notes*

Speaking of notes, I stalked your O/Os out of pure curiousity Kythia and your 'grammar jew' phrase made me snort-giggle like a fifteen year old :D So thanks for that! *Stalks Remiel next*

Remiel

Quote from: Kythia on January 16, 2014, 09:04:28 AM
As a more elaborate attack, explain either cricket...

This works surprisingly well.  Rugby at least makes sense, even if it is essentially a group of sweaty guys in striped shirts hugging each other, but cricket boggles the mind.

Also, don't believe any assertions that you might see about my posting rate being once a week.  These are pure, unadulterated lies.

darras

Lies to the positive? Or lies to the negative, that is the question!

I'm sure this speaks volumes about Wiltshire.. I used to play cricket for the county back in school. Not that I was ever any good at hitting balls with sticks (I'm sure you menfolk are relieved to hear this), but I was apparently quite good at tossing them ;)

Kythia

I'm not sure I've ever played cricket,  we did rounders at school.  Sadly I'm way too competitive to be allowed near team sports.  It's fine if we're winning but if not I devote way too much time to berating my own team. I tend to deal with problems by shouting at them til they go away or,  at a minimum, become a new problem.

darras

I could find an agressive form of cricket entertaining to watch! Would be a bit gladiatorial I assume..

Blythe

Ack--I'll try to post for this soon--today if I can. I've been kind of swamped lately. >_<

Kythia

No worries.  I'm only pretending I've been holding off to give you a chance to reply anyway. 

Kythia

OK, I moved this on.  My apologies if there was something specific you wanted to do, Blythe, but the conversation can continue.

Blythe

Quote from: Kythia on January 25, 2014, 08:29:58 PM
OK, I moved this on.  My apologies if there was something specific you wanted to do, Blythe, but the conversation can continue.

Nah, it's fine. If I'm ever holding things up, no need to wait on me. I can always work with whatever you post when I get the chance to post in the game. ^^

Eclectic

Hi! Sorry if I'm intruding, it looks like this has been going for awhile now.  But I was curious about whether you all are still interested in finding more players?  If so I'd love join in.

Blythe

To my knowledge, we're still recruiting; Kythia should hopefully let you know for sure, as she's the GM!  :-)

Kythia

We are indeed (and sorry for the delay in getting back to you on that).

Most information is contained near the front of this thread and there is, slowly coming in to shape, a wiki article that will have more.

Are you familiar with the game at all?

darras

Oooh a wiki! And a potential new player whee! (*celebrates potentially no longer being the newest*)

I don't mind helping out with rules questions if needed. Welcome Eclectic!

Blythe

Quote from: Kythia on January 29, 2014, 09:58:25 PM
Most information is contained near the front of this thread and there is, slowly coming in to shape, a wiki article that will have more.

Speaking of the wiki, Eclectic, can you tell me if you can access the link Kythia left for you for the wiki? I haven't checked, but I'm not sure unapproveds can access the wiki--to my knowledge, only approved members can do that, but I could be wrong.

Eclectic

I can luckily, and no I'm not familiar with the game but I can pick up new rules pretty quickly.  Should I just start by coming up with my character for now?  Or are there mechanics I should know about first?

Blythe

Quote from: Eclectic on January 30, 2014, 01:26:31 PM
I can luckily, and no I'm not familiar with the game but I can pick up new rules pretty quickly.  Should I just start by coming up with my character for now?  Or are there mechanics I should know about first?

Awesome--glad you can see it!  ;D

There are mechanics to create a character sheet--I hope Kythia doesn't mind me linking the info! ^^

You can find creation rules here and further info on that here with a good example character. In addition, the first post of the thread lets you know, under points "One" and "Two" what you should include with your character background for the game.  :-) (I was new to these rules and game as well when I joined up, but it was fairly easy to pick up!)

Kythia

I don't mind at all, Blythe, it saves me a job.  Thanks for that.

I find, for whatever its worth, that when creating a character for a new game then its often easier coming up with the character as a piece of writing first - so paying no attention to game mechanics - and then filling them in post hoc.

I think it's probably about time I gave out some experience isn't it.  In honour of a depressing 0-0 draw against Sunderland on Tuesday I take this opportunity to give all active players 3, count 'em 3 experience points.

Eclectic

Awesome!  I'll be reading through all that info as I brew up an idea then.   ;D

Also, if anyone is interested, out of curiosity I looked at the current roster and added everyone's stats up to get a sense of the group's strengths (I like math  :-X )

Total Body: 220 (average 44)
Total Speed: 275 (average 55)
Total Mind: 305 (average 61)
Total Soul: 280 (average 56)

darras

Looks like we need a Body character :P

I like people who like maths! Means I can get away with doing less of it :D

Kythia

I like people who like people who like maths.  I accept that maths is necessary and someone has to do it, I accept that those people also need someone to like them to gain the approval of their peers.  People who like people who like maths fulfil that role admirably and save me ever having to hear about star trek or touch manmade fabrics.

;D

Smilies soften everything.

darras

I'm very tempted to make some kind of pithy quip here, but I don't want to risk my shiny new XP.. So I shall pansy out! Like the southerner that I am.

Kythia

That's right.  You just wrap up warm and read the Guardian.

darras

Haha! Oh snap :D Better than the Torygraph I suppose. *Finds a fluffy blanket and a broadsheet*

Eclectic

Ok cool! I've been working on it a bit, and everything seems simple enough to reason out so far.  The only snag I hit is that I'm a little confused about what the obsession skills are?

Anyway, I think I've got something workable ready, should I post it here?  I can't use the private message system yet unfortunately.