How I Met Your Mother: Quicksilver

Started by undisclosedtoyou, March 03, 2013, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Quicksilver: Adjective

Changing often in ways that you do not expect.

Set in Manhattan, this game follows the social and romantic lives of five friends; The Romantic, The Perfect Couple, The Playboy, and The Tomboy.  Pretty much a sandbox game, this will be lead primarily through the players plotting among themselves and pushing the game forward in the direction they want to see it go.  Because of this, I'll be highly selective of who joins, requiring a bit more than a simple character sheet.  I'm only looking for five players to play the main cast.  Other roles, such as romantic interests may be up for grabs, but they are secondary characters who may or may not be phased out of the game at a later date, and who may or may not have a recurring appearance.  I'm planning on roles such as Bartender/Waitress/or other background characters to be played by the main players.

This is not a Cannon game, I repeat, this is not cannon.  We're keeping the archetypes, the premise, and the locations, but changing almost everything else.  This is to allow for more freedom to plot and be creative.  As of right now, I'm only focusing on finding the five main cast, after that has been filled, we'll move onto any other roles that may be needed.  If you are planning on joining, be prepared to collaborate, plot, and socialize.  I also may or may not require a writing sample, if you're new to E, or if I feel as if you haven't written enough on E to give me an idea of how you write. 

As a side note, I'm playing with the idea of having the main players create Goolge+ accounts for the characters, to add to the IC interaction.

The Main Cast

The Romantic: Melanie Davenport
The Perfect Couple A: Tyler Grey
The Perfect Couple B: Alexandra Green
The Perfect Couple C:  Angelique Mangenzish
The Playboy: Jackson Cooper
The Tomboy: Dalles Denton

This character sheet is a work in progress, which means that it may be updated by the player as the game/characters personality progresses/evolves.  Please post all completed sheets in this thread, and ask any questions about the character creation process via PM to me. 

Character Sheet

Name:
Nickname:
D.O.B:
Astrological Sign:
Allergies:
Sexual Preference:
Kinks:
Theme Song:

Appearance
If you choose to insert an image, we do not accept drawn/animated images.

Hair Color:
Hair Style and Length:
Eye Color:
Eyesight:
Height:
Weight:
Clothing Style:
Distinguishing Marks:
Skin Color:
Body Type/Build:
Measurements:
Piercings:
Voice:

Relationships
I want a few sentences on how well your character get's along with each of the people listed below.

Mother:
Father:
Siblings: 
Children:
Other Family Members:
Past Lover(s):
Current Lover:
Friends:
Pets:

Personality

Favorite Color:
Favorite Animal:
Favorite Season:
Least favorite season:
Hobbies:
Drink/Smoke/Drugs:
How Serious are they:
Independent or dependent:
Soft Spot/Vulnerability:
Opinion on swearing:
Daredevil/Cautious:
Favorite movie genre:
Favorite music genre:
Favorite movie:
Favorite band/song:
Fears:
Comforts:
Small Blurb:

History:
Do not fill in the how they met <Fill in name here> parts yet, this will be done later on.

Biography:
How they met <Fill in name here>:
Languages:
Education level:
Country of Origin:
City of Origin:
Career/Job:
First Job:

[center][size=14pt][b]Character Sheet[/b][/size][/center]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]D.O.B:[/b]
[b]Astrological Sign:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Blood Type:[/b]
[b]Allergies:[/b]
[b]Sexual Preference:[/b]
[b]Kinks:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b]

[center][size=14pt][b]Appearance[/b][/size]
If you choose to insert an image, we do not accept drawn/animated images.[/center]

[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Style and Length:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Eyesight:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Clothing Style:[/b]
[b]Distinguishing Marks:[/b]
[b]Skin Color:[/b]
[b]Body Type/Build:[/b]
[b]Measurements:[/b]
[b]Piercings:[/b]
[b]Voice:[/b]

[center][size=14pt][b]Relationships[/b][/size]
I want a few sentences on how well your character get's along with each of the people listed below.[/center]

[b]Mother:[/b]
[b]Father:[/b]
[b]Siblings:[/b] 
[b]Children:[/b]
[b]Other Family Members:[/b]
[b]Past Lover(s):[/b]
[b]Current Lover:[/b]
[b]Friends:[/b]
[b]Pets:[/b]

[center][size=14pt][b]Personality[/b][/size][/center]

[b]Favorite Color:[/b]
[b]Favorite Animal:[/b]
[b]Favorite Season:[/b]
[b]Least favorite season:[/b]
[b]Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Drink/Smoke/Drugs:[/b]
[b]How Serious are they:[/b]
[b] Independent or dependent:[/b]
[b]Soft Spot/Vulnerability:[/b]
[b]Opinion on swearing:[/b]
[b]Daredevil/Cautious:[/b]
[b]Favorite movie genre:[/b]
[b]Favorite music genre:[/b]
[b]Favorite movie:[/b]
[b]Favorite band/song:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Comforts:[/b]
[b]Small Blurb:[/b]

[center][size=14pt][b]History:[/b][/size]
Do not fill in the how they met <Fill in name here> parts yet, this will be done later on.[/center]

[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]How they met <Fill in name here>:[/b]
[b]Languages:[/b]
[b]Education level:[/b]
[b]Country of Origin:[/b]
[b]City of Origin:[/b]
[b]Career/Job:[/b]
[b]First Job:[/b]
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

undisclosedtoyou

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 04, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
Aly You would be interested! :D 

Big HIMYM fan?

Yep yep!

Just got finished watching the Sandcastles in the Sand episode. x3

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 04, 2013, 01:43:48 PM
Yep yep!

Just got finished watching the Sandcastles in the Sand episode. x3

OMG, awesome episode!  I mean, we have a flashback of Canadian Robin, the cheesy music video, and Barney on Robin hooking up!  Have you seen the follow up episodes?  I'm not a big fan of "The Goat." or the two/three after that.

Okay, so getting down to business, without seeing the character sheet, that I have yet to write up, which character archetype are you interested in?  Also, would you be apposed to the characters having a google+ account, like we did in BOSCO(Boarding School Confid)?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 04, 2013, 01:54:48 PM
OMG, awesome episode!  I mean, we have a flashback of Canadian Robin, the cheesy music video, and Barney on Robin hooking up!  Have you seen the follow up episodes?  I'm not a big fan of "The Goat." or the two/three after that.

Okay, so getting down to business, without seeing the character sheet, that I have yet to write up, which character archetype are you interested in?  Also, would you be apposed to the characters having a google+ account, like we did in BOSCO(Boarding School Confid)?

And let's not forget James Van Der Beek being a Van Derdouche. x3 I didn't really like "The Goat" but the punch in the Limo will always be a favorite scene.

Hrm! I think the Romantic would be a fun character to play. All the shenanigans she could get into trying to find lurve in the big city.

I'd be totally okay with a G+ account, I have one already so I'm familiar with the site. :)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 04, 2013, 02:07:54 PM
And let's not forget James Van Der Beek being a Van Derdouche. x3 I didn't really like "The Goat" but the punch in the Limo will always be a favorite scene.

Hrm! I think the Romantic would be a fun character to play. All the shenanigans she could get into trying to find lurve in the big city.

I'd be totally okay with a G+ account, I have one already so I'm familiar with the site. :)

The punch was awesome!  "Who punches someone in the groin?!"

I like the idea, you could play that role very well, I think.  Also woot, I think having a google+ account for the characters would be awesome, I'm glad you like it.  I'll work on a character sheet in a second, hun.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

undisclosedtoyou

Hahahahaha pisha, of course it's going to be filled with all kinds of legendary awesomeness!

The character sheet is up...I apologize for the length, I wanted to make sure anyone who joins puts in a lot of thought into their character...I may have gone overboard, lol.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

undisclosedtoyou

Awesome, I'm glad you like it.

So I'm going to add this in the first post, but I'm thinking that the main cast should be roughly around the same age, so 24-27.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

*Nodnod*

I don't see a problem with that.

x3 oh the ideas I have for the Romantic already.

undisclosedtoyou

Write your ideas down woman!  Quick, before they disappear! Lmao. 

Ah, we need more people so plotting can start :D
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

xD I did! Wrote down little things for fun. Like horrible ex-boyfriend ideas and things she did during dates.

I'm excited for this to get started.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 04, 2013, 06:48:15 PM
xD I did! Wrote down little things for fun. Like horrible ex-boyfriend ideas and things she did during dates.

I'm excited for this to get started.

Oooh, writing down horrible and awesome past dates and boyfriends/Girlfriends(haven't decided if I'm leaning one way or another) is an good idea!  Gah, you're feeding my muse!

Okay, I'm contemplating making my girl a bartender by night, and writer by day; she'd write fluff pieces or even short romantic fiction pieces for a local magazine.  I like the juxtaposition of her being a tomboy but she's stuck writing girly articles, lmao.  Her far reaching goal is to write serious pieces.  A lot of material for funny times.  Her pen name is going to be Blue Bailey, I stole it from a heroin in a book I liked. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 04, 2013, 06:59:04 PM
Oooh, writing down horrible and awesome past dates and boyfriends/Girlfriends(haven't decided if I'm leaning one way or another) is an good idea!  Gah, you're feeding my muse!

Okay, I'm contemplating making my girl a bartender by night, and writer by day; she'd write fluff pieces or even short romantic fiction pieces for a local magazine.  I like the juxtaposition of her being a tomboy but she's stuck writing girly articles, lmao.  Her far reaching goal is to write serious pieces.  A lot of material for funny times.  Her pen name is going to be Blue Bailey, I stole it from a heroin in a book I liked. 

*Looks up, totally not feeding the muse plotbunny stew.*

And my girl just soaks them up! Has all the stories and reads them religiously. Love the pen name, sounds like it should be a drink.

I'm thinking mine is going to be voice actress wanting a shot at the big time. She works really crappy jobs for either commercials or background voices that no one cares about on cartoons. But has to deal with all the creepy older guys trying to pick her up or odd ball fanboys wanting to hear their favorite character.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 04, 2013, 07:23:12 PM
*Looks up, totally not feeding the muse plotbunny stew.*

And my girl just soaks them up! Has all the stories and reads them religiously. Love the pen name, sounds like it should be a drink.

I'm thinking mine is going to be voice actress wanting a shot at the big time. She works really crappy jobs for either commercials or background voices that no one cares about on cartoons. But has to deal with all the creepy older guys trying to pick her up or odd ball fanboys wanting to hear their favorite character.

Hahahaa, I think for anyone who knows her, the stories would come across as corny, you know, fodder for old stay at home soccer moms(not that I have anything against stay at home moms :)  Only sappy, true romantics would find her stuff seriously charming :D

I love the idea of a voice actress!  In fact, cool job!  Your girl has to be a voice actor for a little boy in a cartoon, I'd laugh so hard imagining it!  Eww creepy older guys hitting on her!  Hahahaha now if they're hot older guy's, that would be something else entirely!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

1SAZ

You can count me in. Not really sure what role I'd play, but I'm sure I could come up with something for any of them. Definitely have some ideas floating around in my head for all of them in any case.

CarnivorousBunny

I'm interested, but not sure what I would play, and I'd play the game. o_0

I shall just lurk a bit and see how this progresses.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: 1SAZ on March 04, 2013, 10:17:10 PM
You can count me in. Not really sure what role I'd play, but I'm sure I could come up with something for any of them. Definitely have some ideas floating around in my head for all of them in any case.

If you need help deciding on a role I would be more than happy to help.  As it is, I always appreciate people with ideas floating around in their heads :D

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on March 04, 2013, 10:22:48 PM
I'm interested, but not sure what I would play, and I'd play the game. o_0

I shall just lurk a bit and see how this progresses.

Well, if at any time you decide to un-lurk, I'd be happy to have you. :)

How about I ask you two a question, it might shake some ideas loose.  Which character in HIMYM is your favorite, and why?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Alysanthia

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on March 04, 2013, 07:57:21 PM
Your girl has to be a voice actor for a little boy in a cartoon, I'd laugh so hard imagining it!  Eww creepy older guys hitting on her!  Hahahaha now if they're hot older guy's, that would be something else entirely!

And now this is headcannon for this game. Thanks Dis, thanks. xD

Ermahgerd! More people, yay!

1SAZ

That's the main reason I'm undecided though. I love Ted for his romantic optimism and the fact that he puts himself in situations leave him completely susceptible to horrible yet hilarious hijinks. I love Marshall's goofy charm and good intentions, as well as his naivety. I love Barney for his ability to be a smarmy yet likable person who truly wants what's best for his friends. Not to mention Marshal is married to Lily, who is played by one of my all time favorite actresses, and Barney is played by Neil Patrick Harris in the best case of NOT typecasting, and Future Ted is the voice of Bob Saget.

As far as character archetypes go, I think I'll go with The Romantic or Perfect Couple since they are most fitting of my usual character styles. Any suggestions?

Alysanthia

Might have to with the perfect couple 1SAZ, I was planning on playing the Romantic. I'm sorry.

1SAZ

Oh, quite alright. That's why I ask before writing out a character. Always better to go into the concept phase with an idea of who else is in there.

Alysanthia

*nodnod*

I do feel bad though, cause I've looked into games before and got all sad when I'd see a character I wanted to play already taken.

*Bakes a large batch of cookies for SAZ!*