Bringing Naruto D20 to E? (Original Characters Only! Now Recruiting! ...Again.)

Started by Inerrant Lust, February 25, 2011, 11:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaisude

I will probably need help making a cs in its entirety. I don't want to be a nuisance, but I really want to try the d20 system out, and further my knowledge of rp. Plus have fun!

DKDBSD

Ok I ran the roll for Katsu

2d4 → [4,3] = (7) then he's mentored so that would be eight.

Kimi is seriously underpaid XD

2d4 → [2,1] = (3)

Zaer Darkwail

Also remember this is 5th level game, so roll four times d20+Wis or Profession roll and DC is your wealth value. So if you get payroll increase in 2th level as Katsu, you need pass d20 vs DC 9 that case in 3th level.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 05, 2011, 04:02:23 PM
Also remember this is 5th level game, so roll four times d20+Wis or Profession roll and DC is your wealth value. So if you get payroll increase in 2th level as Katsu, you need pass d20 vs DC 9 that case in 3th level.

You mean four more times per character to be five in total?

Zaer Darkwail

No, in first level you roll 2d4 as you did now. In level 2, 3, 4 and 5 you roll d20+Wis or Profession (which ever has higher mod) to determine does your wealth increase or not.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 05, 2011, 04:06:25 PM
No, in first level you roll 2d4 as you did now. In level 2, 3, 4 and 5 you roll d20+Wis or Profession (which ever has higher mod) to determine does your wealth increase or not.

So in both cases I'd use their wisdom as both have higher wisdom then the +1 offered by their profession.

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: Kaisude on May 05, 2011, 03:42:09 PM
I will probably need help making a cs in its entirety. I don't want to be a nuisance, but I really want to try the d20 system out, and further my knowledge of rp. Plus have fun!

If you catch me on AIM or something, I can help out.

I do have to go to work soon, though. And I tend to work weird hours in addition to timezone oddness. :-\

Kaisude

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on May 05, 2011, 04:31:17 PM

I do have to go to work soon, though. And I tend to work weird hours in addition to timezone oddness. :-\

Cool I will try to catch you on either today or tomorrow or when ever we are both free. Time zone really isn't a problem as I am a night owl. So we'll catch up at some point.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on May 05, 2011, 04:31:17 PM

Does that apply to everyone dude?

Inerrant Lust

Sure. Although I'll have to differ to Zaer Darkwail on what's kosher and not.

And also, I gotta get ready! *flees!*  :-X

Mysterica

Ok.  I'm working on a real character sheet, but what I've got s

o far is this...

Str:17+1(lvl 4)=18
Dex:18
Con:16
Int:15
Wis:11
Cha:13
Lvl 3 strong hero, lvl 2 beastmaster

Wealth 1+2, (1 occupation) (3) (1) (10) (7)=6
Feats
Moujuu aishou, genius nin (tai), defensive martial arts, animal bond

Techniques:
1 Henge
2 Bunshin
3 Kawarimi
4 Inuzuka Ryu Garouga
5 Juujin Ryu Seiga
6 Juujin Ryu Yushu
7 Juuki no Jutsu
8 Juujin Bunshin
9 Tsuuga
10 Juujin Ryu Daiseiga
11 Kyuuden no Jutsu
12 Raidou no Jutsu
13 Shodan Kousoku

SpiralSpider

sorry, guys... this is beginning to look a bit too complicated since I don't know the system. I guess I'm going to have to pull out of this one. :/
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Zaer Darkwail

As tip Mythweavers have Naruto d20 charsheets available.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php

Also thanks Inerrant Lust for taking people in and help create chars :). Appreciate it.

Chaznia, not sure will E spank me or just slap me wrist saying this.....but here is link to free downloads to Naruto D20 rules (seems a official site and it's seems Naruto D20 creator perhaps). You can find D20 Modern (which some feats and stuff is from) rules on Wotc site (or try google for D20 Modern).

http://www.narutod20.com/downloads/

DKDBSD

Erm Concerning the character creation help. Did you want to sort via pm or in an IM?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if you haven't contacted Inerrant Lust I am available via PM but I am soonish logging off.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 07, 2011, 08:09:59 AM
Well, if you haven't contacted Inerrant Lust I am available via PM but I am soonish logging off.

Cool I can't do that now anyways. I'm going soon as well I've got work his afternoon.

Inerrant Lust

It's my thread and it's still the same topic.  :P

Okay, so now I have the time and energy to commit to this fully. I feel kind of bad for bringing the subject up and then dropping out later. :P Anyways, the offer's here and still valid.

I already have a decent idea for a basic plot and setting. It'll be set roughly 30 years before the main series' canon, before and during the Second Shinobi World War. The party would all be from a homebrew village (none of the major ones) in the land of rivers, probably Tanigakure... which has next to nothing described about it in 'canon' so there's much creative flexibility to be had there.

That being said, I have no intention of shackling the PCs to any one village and my hope will be that their allegiances shift and change during the course of the campaign.  ::)

Character Creation:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
36 Point Buy. ECL 4. Any race or clan or template you can justify as being fluffily sound. Homebrew is, by all means, encouraged.

Starting techniques;
Rank 1 Techniques: 1d4+4, as well as Bunshin no Jutsu, Henge no Jutsu and Kawarimi no Jutsu
Rank 2 Techniques: 3
Rank 3 Techniques: 2
Rank 4 Techniques: 1

Proficiency:
Tough Heroes: Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor, Simple Weapons Proficiency
Strong & Dedicated Heroes: Light and Medium Armor, Simple Weapons Proficiency
Fast, Smart & Charismatic Heroes: Light Armor, Simple Weapons Proficiency

Any class or occupation that grants Nin Weapons Proficiency as a possible bonus feat will also offer Archaic Weapons Proficiency. Any class that requires Nin Weapons as a prerequisite will also accept Archaic Weapons. This (and the armor proficiencies) represent the 'older' tone of the setting, since the Naruto world has apparently changed alot in 30 years.

DigitLninja

welp... I'm still willing as I still have an unused Naruto character ^_^
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Inerrant Lust

Which one?

The ANBU ninja idea?

For this particular plot, I figure Tanigakure has a rudimentary ANBU system in place, echoing Konoha's. They might go by another name, or officially preform the duties of the Daimyo's Guard or somesuch. Speaking of which, something I whipped up;

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Tanigakure  (谷隠れの里, Tanigakure no Sato; Literally meaning "Village Hidden in Valleys")
Medium (Minor) Hidden Village
Unique among the nations of the world, The Land of Rivers has combined the titles of the Daimyo and the village Kage, giving the ruler complete control of both his shinobi village and the land as a whole. Tanigakure is not unimpressive, nestled in the far reaches of a ravine formed by a river that runs through the center of town. With the only avenues of approach being through the main gate or by air, the village has a distinct advantage that offsets its' proximity to two other major villages, the Sand and Leaf. Yet in recent years, Tanigakure and Konohagakure have become close allies, while relations with Sunagakure have degraded as a result. Nearby Takumi Village retains a distant yet subservient relationship with Tanigakure.
Average Wealth: Middle Class (+7)
Civilian Population: 1560
Shinobi Population: 234
Academy Student: 62
Genin: 74
Chuunin: 48
Special Jounin: 18
Jounin: 9
Elite Jounin: 2
Daimyo's Guard: 20
Kawa Daimyo: 1

Zaer Darkwail

Still interested but question regarding my char; How you rule permament Red Eyes feat? It says it increases my ECL by +3 when I have them but it does not say it is added LA. So do I start three levels lower than rest of the team or same level but I ask more XP to get level ups as I am three ECL ahead of others?

If wondering what I talk about; Red Eyes is homebrewed bloodline which gives access to crimson red eyes either as part of special rage (from unpure blood) or constant power up effect (with feat which says person is pureblood member have the bloodline). They give +1 to Str, Dex and Con (which increase up to +4 in 20th level) mostly but also some other benefits over long run.

HollowX

I'm interested, if your still accepting players. I've never played a naruto rp, but it's difficult to find one that's accessible :/

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 24, 2011, 09:35:21 AM
Still interested but question regarding my char; How you rule permament Red Eyes feat? It says it increases my ECL by +3 when I have them but it does not say it is added LA. So do I start three levels lower than rest of the team or same level but I ask more XP to get level ups as I am three ECL ahead of others?

If wondering what I talk about; Red Eyes is homebrewed bloodline which gives access to crimson red eyes either as part of special rage (from unpure blood) or constant power up effect (with feat which says person is pureblood member have the bloodline). They give +1 to Str, Dex and Con (which increase up to +4 in 20th level) mostly but also some other benefits over long run.

Are you talking about the Mibu Bloodline? The straight ECL bonus is instantaneous, while most bloodlines in Naruto D20 use the bloodline rules (ie: You invest a level in the bloodline generally at your leisure.) So you'd start at Level 1. Actually, in my copy of the book, True Red Eyes is ECL +2, so you'd start at level 2, and you really wouldn't need to put a level into the bloodline until about Level 6.

Quote from: HollowX on October 24, 2011, 02:43:40 PM
I'm interested, if your still accepting players. I've never played a naruto rp, but it's difficult to find one that's accessible :/

Tell me about it. I have a hard enough time running one due to lack of players. :P So yeah, I'm still accepting new players. :P

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, also I was thinking use advanced human template then if possible. Reduce me into level 1 char to present the well made breeding background for Mibu clan. So sure, I do not have the raw experience and talent but perhaps my char is rising genius star and so have high expectations from superiors.

HollowX

Ok, question before I start the process of character creation, do you have to start at a particular rank, or can you choose?

Inerrant Lust

Everyone would be Genin at 4th level. Oh, in case I forgot to mention;

I'm going to do a Part 1/Part 2 sort of thing, like the series itself did. Part 1 will be a quick little prologue of sorts. Just to establish things and to start at a fairly low level to warm everyone up. So the PCs should all be roughly 13 years at that point. Not going to touch anything even remotely sexual there, for obvious reasons.

The Part 2 will be 3 years later, and then everyone will be Level 8 and eligible for Chuunin status.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 24, 2011, 11:35:16 PM
Ok, also I was thinking use advanced human template then if possible. Reduce me into level 1 char to present the well made breeding background for Mibu clan. So sure, I do not have the raw experience and talent but perhaps my char is rising genius star and so have high expectations from superiors.

Aha, I forgot about that. Ironic, considering I once made an Advanced Human Mibu character as well once. :P Fair warning, losing a level can hurt pretty bad in Naruto D20. Particularly at low levels, where you're restricted to low-end techniques.

And the Mibu bloodline doesn't particularly get useful until you get to about mid-level. This Campaign might end up going on that long (I hope!) so it might be worth the payout in the end. :P

In the Part II thing, he'd be Level 5 with a total bonus of +4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Cha while everyone else would be Level 8 (unless they also have a bloodline or somesuch)

Supposing the game got to level 20 or something crazy like that, you'd have to spend 2 bloodline levels, take the ECL 2 from True Red Eyes and the ECL 1 from Advanced Human. In short... Level 15. :P That's a pretty big disadvantage, so I'd recommend you make the most out of the increased ability scores... which would likely be seen most obviously in Taijutsu Save DCs and the bigger chakra pool. Meaning you could afford to use high-end taijutsu techniques and they'll often pay off. Unfortunately... you'll lag behind everyone in levels so it'll be difficult to learn those strong high-rank techniques.

Also... So far I have 4 people interested. The idea was to have a 3-man team but I can be flexible. :P