Promises in the Dark: a Reality Show (slots open, need more men!)

Started by Top Cat, June 10, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greytrail

*uses Edna voice* No life!

I mean..

No capes!

*end random, bastardized quote*

Greytrail

Character name: Daniel Macon

Gender and Sex: Male and straight, but he's had some past morning afters that have left him haunted.

Basic personality: Wounded nice guy. Recovering addict.

What happened to turn you off relationships: Dan grew up a nice guy in the burbs with decent grades and playing sports and just being a normal kid. Then he met Stacy. An high school love affair with the new bad girl in town spiraled into drugs and debauchery of a sort that he can't speak of outside of therapy. Honestly, he has no idea how he won the karmic lottery and doesn't have some horrible social disease or a headstone. A nice cop in Vegas-- he still has no damn idea how he even got to Vegas-- scraped him off the street and got him into rehab before it was jail or dead.

What are your strong points (pick three)? 1) Hitting worse than rock bottom and then climbing back up in rehab and subsequent recovery made Dan realize that he's stronger than he thinks he is. 2) Likes to be busy, to keep moving and get shit done. That goes with… 3) Creative as hell. Sketches, paints, dabbles in writing, plays the guitar, has a passable singing voice.

What are your weak points (pick two): 1) His high school moniker of 'Macon-Bacon'. Taunting is for punks. 2) Being over-manipulated. Dan understand that there's a certain amount of manipulation that goes on in any relationship, be it a lover or the gal at the drive-thru. It's when someone revels in it that his ire gets up. Been there, done that. 3) Hates laziness/weakness of character due to his former life.

A picture or detailed description of my appearance: pale brown hair, a tad scruffy with strikingly bright blue eyes.
He's a buff guy because exercise helps keep the demons at bay and strengthens a formerly abused body. He never wants to be that wasted junkie again.
Has some scars that make him look like a war survivor, as well as some deliberate ones to remove some ink that needed to go.
Sometimes gets the shakes and will withdraw from people and activity to calm down. Not a good idea to press him when he gets that feral look in his eye.
Looks older than his 24-- acts it too-- due to his experiences. Few would suspect him to be younger than 30 or so.

Top Cat

Suspicious, GM-like male character... approved. =O_o=

Edit: I'm somewhat swamped after launching the Application page on the Harem game... I'm getting an average of 3 PMs per 10 minutes since I opened... there's no way I'm pushing this out to launch tonight.  :P

I'll shoot for Friday, and hope we get some more players by then!
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

jessie20

@Graytail:  Would Daniel like to draw Megan?  He sounds interesting.
Girls, give me a holla' if you want to YIM

Greytrail

Quote from: jessie20 on June 26, 2014, 10:55:50 AM
@Graytail:  Would Daniel like to draw Megan?  He sounds interesting.
Heck yes! I think he's the sort that's rarely without a sketch pad in his hand or curled up in a corner with a pencil/pen/crayon scratching away. I imagine stumbling over his sketches would be veeeeeeeery interesting...

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Keaira

Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Top Cat

PitD's OOC Thread and Character Index Thread have been added. Please take a moment to copy your approved character sheets over to the Index Thread, everyone.
O/O / Story Seeds

Keaira

Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Sarah Morgan

Character info is posted, and I think our co-GM found a picture for me, though I'm not sure how to get it in the form of a link so I can add it to the post with the written info.  I'll do some experimenting, and see if I can't do it from the original post here, and hopefully the effort will pay off!

Top Cat

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on June 27, 2014, 02:18:55 AM
Character info is posted, and I think our co-GM found a picture for me, though I'm not sure how to get it in the form of a link so I can add it to the post with the written info.  I'll do some experimenting, and see if I can't do it from the original post here, and hopefully the effort will pay off!
Don't sweat it, we'll provide you with a code set for that. =^_^=
Edit: Although if you want to work it out so you know how to do it in the future, by all means go ahead.
O/O / Story Seeds

Sarah Morgan

I'll probably just wait for the official code, but I'll ask if what I was thinking would work.  Basically what I did was go to the post where the picture was, hit the "Quote" option so that any coding would show up, copied the line that started with the img tag, and was going to paste it somewhere on my character sheet, probably around the description field.  I'm thinking that even if I do put the picture in, I might leave the description I came up with in too, just for reference for my own self, so I don't get mixed up and say she has green eyes instead of blue, or something similar.

jessie20

Girls, give me a holla' if you want to YIM

Top Cat

I will most likely get the first bits available tonight, after we get home from some off-site chores we need to take care of.
O/O / Story Seeds

Top Cat

At the moment, we've got exactly three things stopping us from launching tonight.

1.) Finding out whether Black Howling is interested in playing.
2.) If he's interested in playing, whether Kerri wants to play her Male or Female character (It'll be 4-3 either way if Black joins).
3.) Getting a sleepy co-GM up to help lay out the pre-show interview questions.

The fact that I don't have the Sims house designed yet has NOTHING to do with this delay. None at all. =>_>=
O/O / Story Seeds

Keaira

LIES! BLASPHEMY AND LIES!

Edit: I bet it all has to do with the SIMS house.
Oh's and No's

Kerri

Quote from: Top Cat on June 27, 2014, 09:13:20 PM
At the moment, we've got exactly three things stopping us from launching tonight.

1.) Finding out whether Black Howling is interested in playing.
2.) If he's interested in playing, whether Kerri wants to play her Male or Female character (It'll be 4-3 either way if Black joins).
3.) Getting a sleepy co-GM up to help lay out the pre-show interview questions.

The fact that I don't have the Sims house designed yet has NOTHING to do with this delay. None at all. =>_>=

Right now in the approved character thread, I'm seeing 2/1... Am I missing something here?

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Keaira

The others just haven't posted their character sheets over. Slow start of weekend. Everyone must be busy.
Oh's and No's

Top Cat

Quote from: Kerri on June 27, 2014, 11:31:23 PM
Right now in the approved character thread, I'm seeing 2/1... Am I missing something here?
I went through all of the character sheets, and if we take it as it stands, we have six - 3 male, 3 female, with you as your male character. As Keaira said, not everyone has bumped them over to the other thread.
O/O / Story Seeds

Kerri

Okay, well, if Black joins, I'll finish up my female character sheet, (sorry I haven't done that yet, I've been busier than I thought I would be) if he doesn't I'll go ahead and play my guy. Depending on his answer, I'll get the other character sheet in to you shortly... or post the finished one in the other thread. Feel free to pm me and give me a good swift swat if I hold anything up.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

KurganofPrussia

Just got connection tonight.  sorry guys.

I am checking in and seeing if I have a spot still.  Can get a sheet in a day or so... if yo still want me!!!

Top Cat

Quote from: KurganofPrussia on June 28, 2014, 12:08:54 AM
Just got connection tonight.  sorry guys.

I am checking in and seeing if I have a spot still.  Can get a sheet in a day or so... if yo still want me!!!
Sorry to hear about your internet problems. You're definitely welcome - if you join, then Kerri can go be her blonde bombshell (or whatever female character she's actually trying to create) without problems, regardless of whether we hear back from Black Howling. I can delay a day or so to make the game work better, definitely.

The weekends tend to be slow, anyway.

Says nothing about Sims maps...
O/O / Story Seeds

Kerri

Quote from: Top Cat on June 28, 2014, 12:24:14 AM
Sorry to hear about your internet problems. You're definitely welcome - if you join, then Kerri can go be her blonde bombshell (or whatever female character she's actually trying to create) without problems, regardless of whether we hear back from Black Howling. I can delay a day or so to make the game work better, definitely.

The weekends tend to be slow, anyway.

Says nothing everything about Sims maps...

Fixed that for you ;D

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Keaira

Oh's and No's