Nightmarish Idea...

Started by bluemoon, March 25, 2010, 09:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemoon

The world is post apocalyptic, due to the attack of an unknown beast. Most towns are wiped out completely, either the beast had killed off everybody, or scared them away. There are small places where the army sent tanks and whatnot for protection, and people stay in the boundaries of these camps trying to stay safe. When you aren't in these safe zones, you can't let it see you, even if you're inside...you have to be cautious around windows and everything, making getting to the safe zone in the first place a difficult task...but eventually I start seeing the footprints of the beast in the snow within the safe zone boundaries..​.and it makes this horrible noise that seems to rattle walls, yet all anyone has seen of it is the destruction it leaves behind...unl​ess they're dead...

Towns are run down, supplies are scarce, all in all it looks like a war zone, without the actual war. All damage is caused by the beast or just deteriorating naturally, due to poor upkeep(since resources are hard to come by)
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Kiric Rand

sounds like it could be fun. I'd be game to try it out.
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Nim

*Smiles, batting eyelashes.*  what part do I get to play?

bluemoon

I have yet to really figure out any sort of story line...heh...but I guess characters would fall under
Those living in safe zones
Those who have yet to make their way to a safe zone
and Army personnel
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Kiric Rand

oh oh, can i play someone who hasn't made it yet, who has somehow survived for a long period of time outside one?
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

bluemoon

well, the safe zones wouldn't have been standardized for more than a few months at this point, supplies are only scarce because leaving the safe zone for supplies is so dangerous. But yea, I was going to start my 'main' character outside the safe zone, in her old home, living mostly in the basement.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Moonhare

bluemoon

Alright, well, the setting is basically what used to be a small city, and on the far south-eastern side of the city is where the safe zone is, home to about 100 or so people. (in comparison to the couple thousand that were in the original city). Nothing is in 'good' condition. There is 'working' condition, and dilapidated. Some of the dilapidated buildings are used for storage, even though they would normally be condemned. Some are also torn apart for the building materials, but most buildings are kept up, or at least they attempt to keep them up. The safe zone is approximately a 10 block by 10 block radius, having tanks stationed around the area, spaced evenly. You're considered lucky if you have half-way decent clothes.

Outside of the safe zone is much worse, houses are halfway torn down, cars smashed, a few standing buildings here and there. Occasionally a car that looks like it might run if you had the key, sitting on the side of the road and in driveways. Those who aren't in the safe zone would know that never is a good time to be in visible sight. This means in any part of your house with windows, or outside. The 'safest' place would be a basement or factory, of which there are few in the city(factories). You would have to be extremely careful, alert, and quick (not to mention lucky) to be living on the outside. Most of the people who are on 'the outside' are only there because they haven't found a safe way to the 'safe zones' yet.

My character:
May
Orientation: Straight
Description: about 5'5", 120lbs. A slender frame, but not void of any 'meat'. She's still not very large in any way of speaking. She has green/hazel eyes(that seem to change intensity between the colors) and medium length light brown hair, reaching to her shoulder blades/collar bone. She wears simple blue jeans, boot cut, with worn holes in the knee areas and near the bottom edge. She has a pair of old black shoes(just regular 'tennis shoes') that still serve their purpose to an extent. She has a few t-shirts she tries to rotate, washing them in the water she manages to collect when she's done with it, hanging them up to dry. She lives out of her basement with her dog, a brown and white Australian shepherd, trying to remain unseen until she can make a break for the safe zone. She wouldn't leave her dog behind, making her escape that much more difficult.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

CaptainErotica

I am fairly interested in this, but I will wait and see how it shapes up first. The idea definitly has potential to be a good story.

Jecht

Oh yeah I'm loving the idea. Count me in. I'm thinking of being someone that is leaving in the safe zone but he is a runner for looking for people that are not in the safe zones or a computer genius or scientist. One question though,

Is it just one monster or a couple? Either way, I'd suggest coming up with a reason why they aren't coming into the safe zone like maybe there's water around the zones or some material that repels them. Either way, I love the idea.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

bluemoon

The idea is that so far, the presence of alert and armed army individuals and tanks have warded it off, but it also said that eventually, my character spots the footprints of the beast within the boundaries of the 'safe zones' which shows no natural elements were warding it off. I honestly don't know how many there are...I don't even know what it looks like, just what it sounds like and what its footprint looks like...let alone if there are more than one...I'd say most likely there are more than one, but in general its just referred to as the monster.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Jecht

Ah, gotcha. Kind of reminds me of that movie that came out a few years ago with the shaky camera and you never see it til the end. I didn't care for it but it had a good idea behind it.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

bluemoon

its not that massive of a creature, but its still quite large, I'd say easily as tall as a one-story house with the damage it does...I say that I don't know what it looks like, because I didn't see it. (you're talking about Cloverfield, btw). Mine isn't like that. It doesn't spawn off little things that bite you and inject you with some sort of disease or anything. I woke up from the dream itself rather abruptly when I was being chased by it (winter) in the safe zone. I saw its foot print, then heard it and started running...I didn't have any shoes though, my feet were wrapped in cloth because materials were that scarce...I kept slipping on the icy roads, then I woke up...so I never saw it...its one of those things that for a while will be left to imagination.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

LIAR

Sounds very interesting! Keeping tabs to see how this forms up =]

bluemoon

I'm actually kind of surprised to see much interest in this...anyway, go ahead and make your character sheets if you want.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Nim

Oh character... yeah that's right... hmmmm.  *Puts on thinking cap.*  OUch that doesn't fit right today... hmmmmm.

Jecht

Trenton (everyone calls him Trent) Jackson
Orientation: Straight
Description:About 6'0". Light brown hair that was thick and messy like a skater. His eyes were hazel. He was built like a runner because, well, he was one. He lived in the "safe zones" when he was training to be in the militia to fight off the monster. His skills were really noticed when he managed to save someone that had wandered outside of the zone. From then on he was hired to be a runner, someone that went out of the zone to look for survivors and help them get back to the zone. He also was sent to other zones to send messages by foot. Needless to say, he was fast.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Wolfy

I might be interested in playing a character who start out only for himself and himself alone, then finds someone in the RP, and through the power of love learns to care about others.

Or something Cliche like that.

bluemoon

you are so Cliche...you had to use that line, didn't you, "Through the power of love"...lmao...
anywho...WHERE IS YOU CS?!
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Nim

Character:

Cylana Lynn Craven  (goes by Cyl or sometimes Raven)
Orientation: Bi
Description: 5'8"  135 pounds (ish).  Long black hair, grayish green eyes.  lightly tanned skin. 
Clothing: Black jeans.  black hiking type boots.  black tank tops or black t shirts.  Also wears black hooded cloak. 
(similar to those worn by Jedi)  carry's a Kitana and a 12 inch double edged dagger.  Along with several sets of
throwing knives and stars. 
Biography:  Pagan beliefs, leaning towards Wicca as her main focus of interests.  Currently lives outside of "safe zone" 
in the neighborhood in which she grew up in.  Seeking shelter in basements or attics.  Pretty much where ever she can find
a relatively safe place to stay.  Has been able to stay safe from the monster mostly due to her inherent psychic abilities.   

bluemoon

'psychic abilities' please tell me you just mean 'she has gut feelings about when its near, so she stays low ad quiet'
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Nim

pretty much... and the fact she can throw things with her mind when she's mad... but nothing all that special... LOL

bluemoon

I'm wary about the 'throw things'...mainly because with how un-realistic it is, noone in my dream had any special powers (except for me living! lmao)
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Nim

*chuckles lightly* if it bothers you that much I can take it out... but I could have just been living in a part of town that wasn't in your dreams.  :P

bluemoon

what? you don't want to be in my dreams? >:3
Like I said, I'm just wary of it, as long as its not too powerful I don't see too much wrong with it...like...not picking up something ridiculous like a bowling ball or anything, but like pens, pencils, small knives, paper, that stuff is okay, so long as its not used very often
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake