Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

Quote from: Kolbrandr on April 03, 2013, 08:56:32 PM
Erm.. not for nothing, a lot of spells were somewhat depowered or just nixed in the changeover to Pathfinder simply to better balance things out, I'm a bit leery of spells being grabbed straight from 3.5 for my own part.

Could be worse, could be spells from 3.0  ;D

Had a DM give me 3.0 Polymorph in a 3.5 game once.  Oh the horrible, horrible things I did...
A&A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kolbrandr on April 03, 2013, 08:56:32 PM
Erm.. not for nothing, a lot of spells were somewhat depowered or just nixed in the changeover to Pathfinder simply to better balance things out, I'm a bit leery of spells being grabbed straight from 3.5 for my own part.

The only reason I argued about wanting it for witch is that the campaign already lets wizards do it. If it's a problem I'll just stay wizard and use full access to spell compendium because 3.5 is legal and none of the compendium spells were reprinted in pathfinder (well a couple may be if i find one ill use the pathfinder version of course)
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Re Z L on April 03, 2013, 08:59:40 PM
Could be worse, could be spells from 3.0  ;D

Had a DM give me 3.0 Polymorph in a 3.5 game once.  Oh the horrible, horrible things I did...

Well a few things in pathfinder work differently as a whole blanket effect rather then just an individual spell change. Polymorphing for instance, xp components, ect. Grapple still involves CMD in pathfinder no matter what the rainbow rope magic from 3.5 says.

Kolbrandr

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 03, 2013, 09:11:10 PM
The only reason I argued about wanting it for witch is that the campaign already lets wizards do it. If it's a problem I'll just stay wizard and use full access to spell compendium because 3.5 is legal and none of the compendium spells were reprinted in pathfinder (well a couple may be if i find one ill use the pathfinder version of course)

Oh blerf, it does? I missed that. Ugh, I think I might reconsider my class spread.

If you are looking for more spells in general mind you, ultimate magic and inner sea magic have a pile of em, as far as pf stuff.

TheGlyphstone

All non-core 3.5 spells seems a little excessive. Spells that fit the Witch's theme shouldn't be hard to single out and ask for individually, though.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 03, 2013, 09:49:12 PM
All non-core 3.5 spells seems a little excessive. Spells that fit the Witch's theme shouldn't be hard to single out and ask for individually, though.

Honestly Ill probably stick with my Wizard build anyway. What I usually do for witch in my own games is just add all non core non evocation Sor/Wiz spells to her list. But it's not nessessiary as I said Im pretty happy with my Wizard

RubySlippers

I made a request of the GM and plan to clean up my character sheet before finalizing her based on the response to a pm.  ;D

Re Z L

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 03, 2013, 10:16:34 PM
I made a request of the GM and plan to clean up my character sheet before finalizing her based on the response to a pm.  ;D

...leaving the rest of us to guess what your nefarious plans really are!

Obviously the whole "good" alignment business is just a facade!  I've got my eye on you, Druidess...

;D
A&A

theLeslie

I wonder if we can get some Ilythiiri action going before the game starts.  Would be nice to go into the war with some allies.. or friends.. or just people who like to abuse the lil elfy thief...

Re Z L

Quote from: theLeslie on April 03, 2013, 10:42:14 PM
I wonder if we can get some Ilythiiri action going before the game starts.  Would be nice to go into the war with some allies.. or friends.. or just people who like to abuse the lil elfy thief...

Why I would love to abuse you ;-)

I'll have my background done tomorrow and should be ready to play then ;D
A&A

theLeslie

PaleEnchantress

Muse

Question... 

Do familiars gain extra feats as their master levels? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kolbrandr

Quote from: Muse on April 04, 2013, 02:28:44 AM
Question... 

Not especially in pathfinder that I remember, they mostly get int and armor boosts and some special abilities (spell resistance eventually, that sort of thing).

Muse

Oh, I should check this for approval. 

Zaer, in 3.5 a blink dog was a valid Improved Familiar.   Is that okay in this game?  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

kckolbe

Can the landlord feat be taken multiple times by my char?  In addition, may I have my cohort take the feat as well?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: kckolbe on April 03, 2013, 08:47:48 PM
Do cohorts start with their own magical gear based on level or no?

As someone said; yes, they do get own gear based on their level but you can invest own char money to upgrade them. You get 25% of your total wealth as extra to upgrade followers also (example give magical siege engines or give your elite guard +1 armor and weapons).

Quote from: Muse on April 04, 2013, 03:03:33 AM
Oh, I should check this for approval. 

Zaer, in 3.5 a blink dog was a valid Improved Familiar.   Is that okay in this game?  :)

I say.....yes. Although it's listed also as cohort but I am okay with blink dog familiar. Or other improved familiar variants in 3.5 (i do not remember anything broken and only real broken one was imp/quasit when starting go crazy with spells and items).

Quote from: kckolbe on April 04, 2013, 04:40:17 AM
Can the landlord feat be taken multiple times by my char?  In addition, may I have my cohort take the feat as well?

Answer to both questions; NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 03, 2013, 08:53:40 PM
Actually if your replacing some Hathran things with hex interaction/progression I may go back to it. Witch + Hathran is very flavorful for for being a errie beautiful woman with dark faery magic. As long as I can utilize spells from things like the spell compendium. (For simplicity just say all sor/wiz spells from noin SRD 3.5 are witch spells seems best. You could say cleric or druid instead i suppose)

Well, as someone said I would allow the spells case by case basis to consider are they witch themed. As witch spells overall are meant for not blast things like wizard (it's not their stuff really). But they do have some other means of offense (strangling hair is damn fun to use and so is black tentacles). Mostly witches have debuffs, cripple and hindering spells.

But if you changed your concept I need check the PrC what you have now and see can I edit that. But first need do Hathran edit and see will it tempt you enter it as a witch.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Muse on April 04, 2013, 02:28:44 AM
Question... 

As  mentioned, they don't because they don't actually level and gain hit dice. That said abilities they already have based on level increase (Like breath weapon DC's) and whatever amount of feats they start with can be reassigned except for racial bonus feats.

kckolbe

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 04, 2013, 05:12:24 AM
As someone said; yes, they do get own gear based on their level but you can invest own char money to upgrade them. You get 25% of your total wealth as extra to upgrade followers also (example give magical siege engines or give your elite guard +1 armor and weapons).

So I start with 137,500, but at least 7,500 of it must be spent on my underlings and 100,000 on the stronghold?

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 04, 2013, 05:12:24 AM
Answer to both questions; NO GOD! PLEASE NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO

So it's negotiable?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Kolbrandr

It goes like this; you have the 108 or so thousand to spend on your own gear. You then have 50k or so to spend on your followers' gear from the original post on such. Your cohort and heroic followers, if you take the heroic followers option, have their own money for their own gear, appropriate to their level. You then have a 100k separate budget to spend on your stronghold that you can add 25k of your personal gear money to if you want (though that is not the best of ideas)

kckolbe

Oh, wow, I was way off on starting gold (thought it was only 30k for nobles as opposed to 108k).  Thanks Kolbrandr.

Intro Thread

Kolbrandr

No problem.

I'm still sort of hammering out my own character build some.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: kckolbe on April 04, 2013, 07:53:02 AM
So it's negotiable?

Nop :P. No to both questions, taking landlord is same as taking leadership feat with cohort. Landlord comes only once per char.