Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"Well we have an unfair advantage," Riley said, smiling as he saw Cypher blush. "Let's just say I'm not the only CIA member Cypher is old friends with, but Myra and him were...very good friends."

"Gee, thanks for that one Riley," Cypher said. "I doubt Clarice wants to know about my personal life. Considering we've not seen each other in about 7 years, but I spose there's a chance she may be glad to see me."

"With her powerset we'd better hope she wants to see you," Riley said. "We might get our asses handed to us on a plate if she's in a bad mood with you."

Haztur

Clarice giggles against her own best judgement.  "Boys will be boys... anyway unless you left her ina bad mood I suppsoe we would be in the safe side... you know what they say, Hell has noth fury like that of a scorn woman."
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

Cypher was about to respond whenthere was a bang from outside. Cypher reacted quickly enough to throw up a forcefield between the cafe and the car flying through the window, which bounced off the shield harmlessly.

"Now would be a good time to run," he said to the other people in the cafe. The others didn't wait for any further instructions, leaving Cypher, Torrance, Riely and Clarice alone. As the smoke cleared a figure was visible in the middle of the road, a spike protruding from his arm. "Ah crap," Cypher said. "Clarice, you're gonna get a chance to see a Hero Hunter in action, meet Scythe."

"Give me Torrance and you can leave here in one piece," Scythe said, pointing his spike at where they were stood. "Or I can kill you all where you stand."

Haztur

Clarice saw her options and began calculating the possibilities as they presented in front of her, she extended her self as much as she could, and with the same certainly she moved faster than Scythe would have expected from a Rockie. "Down," she cried as she pushed Torrence to the side with one hand toward Cypher, at the same time she was pushing Riley with her shoulder as her hand went inside the agent's jacket pulling his gun as an enormous spike passed close enough to her to rip the cloth of her own jacket.

Without even pointing she pulls the trigger a couple of times, one shot hitting the point of a spike making it miss its target the other one hitting Scythe in a vulnerable area, the whole maneuver is impossible except if following  very specific sets of movements and Clarice had seen the all before the 1st shoot had taken place.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"That's the best you can do?" Scythe said, grunting as he pulled the bullet free.

"Ah crap," Torrance said. "I thought they were still developing that serum, I didn't know they were actually USING it." Scythe fired the spike towards them but it stopped in mid-air, a look of shock crossing Scythe's face.

"Nice job Cypher," Riley said, smiling.

"Uh, Riley," Cypher replied. "That wasn't me." He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see Torrance pointing at a figure none of them had noticed before. A woman in a long brown cloak, her face hidden by a hood with just strands or red hair poking from underneath, her hand outstretched and pointing towards the spike.

"Seven years Scythe," the woman said, a note of amusement in her voice. "Seven years and your tactics haven't changed one bit." The spike snapped in half as the woman walked towards the window. "How about you fight someone on a power level like yours fool," she said, throwing back her hood to reveal a beautiful young woman who had a scar running across her right eye.

"Myra..." Cypher said, half in shock. "How was I sitting in the same cafe as her and I didn't recognise her?!"

"But...you..." Scythe said, visibly shaking at the sight of Myra. "You died. I saw you die.

"Oh dear Scythe," she replied. "All those years you knew me and you couldn't recognise one of my own illusions."

Haztur

"What serum?" says Clarice looking toward Torrence... sighing "ok I need bigger weapons anyway."

Clarice listens to the chit chat looking at the woman as she makes her appearance "well that is a hell of an entrance..."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Go on then," Scythe said. "Kill me."

"No," Myra replied. "Then I'd be no better than you. Get out of here before I change my mind." Scythe scurried off, not bothering to look back even once. "Sorry about that," she said, turning to the others. "I should've revealed myself sooner but I had a feeling you had a Hunter following you, I was just waiting for them to reveal themselves." She walked up to Cypher, who looked worried for a second, before hugging him. "I'm sorry Tom, I shouldn't have let you think I was dead, I had my reasons for doing it though. Are you going to introduce me to your friends?"

"Sure," he said, smiling. "I'm fairly sure you know two of them anyway," he indicated Riley and Torrance as he spoke, Myra flashing a smile at both. "And this would be Clarice, who can see the future."

"Why hello there," Myra said, walking over and shaking Clarice's hand. "You do have a knack for teaming up with attractive young women don't you Cypher," she said, grinning as Cypher blushed. "I'm sorry," she said, turning back to Clarice. "Cypher probably forgot to mention I'm actually bisexual. Its a pleasure to meet you though."

Haztur

Clarice admired the compture and confidence of the woman, offering er hand as soon as she is presented and at first she laughted at what she though was a funny remark from Myra... but her last remark about being ´bisexual´(and the fact that the woman still kept her hand on her possession) actually made her blush. "And quite honest I see. And I can only see brief moment sin front of me and feel a bit more, nothing to concrete when I go  much into te future, besides every time i watch the future it changes because of that, so it can be frustrating."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"I'm guessing you're not here for a social call," Riley said. "If you've been hiding for seven years you can't have picked now to reappear without a reason."

"Sadly you're right," Myra sighed. She leant in, kissed Clarice on the cheek, giving her ass a gentle and very sneaky pinch, and mouthed 'I hope you're single', making sure the others couldn't see. She turned back to the others. "Events are developing quicker than expected, quicker than even the CIA anticipated. And the worst thing is the very thing they think will fix the situation is threatening to wreck our chances of fighting what's coming."

"The Hero Hunters?" Riley asked.

"Exactly," Myra replied. "The people with powers aren't the threat, in fact they may be Earth's only line of defence if the Archangel crew are right about what's coming.

Haztur

"Yes, I suppose there are more important thing for us to attend now..." says Clarice just before haivng the kiss on her cheek and feeling the pinch on her ass, having knew it came she didn't move as she woudl have jumped into her arms otherwise, still her face was the red of a tomato, there was an involuntary nod on her part at the mouthed question as if answering 'yes, I am single' her eyes falling to the ground for a moment on deference to Myra's strong personality.

Then as they mention the information about the Hero Hunters making it more dificult to fight against what is comming. "How is possible that the people in the CIA can't see that? I suppose they want to have everyone controlled, but as you said they are just making things worst, almost as if in purpose."

-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"The CIA misunderstood what the Archangel crew's warning was," Myra said. "They thought it was the plague of powers they'd come back to stop. It isn't."

"They caused it didn't they?" Riley said, a note of shock in his voice.

"Exactly," Myra replied. "There is something on Saturn's moon Titan that is of a sufficiently high threat level to Earth that our powers are the only thing that can stand against it. The problem is they come from a time long after the war they came to stop, they don't know when the attack is coming so all they can do is play a waiting game and hope they detect the attack before it is too late. I can't explain it fully, but the crew can if you want to come with me to meet them."

"You've spoken to them directly then?" Cypher asked.

"Not directly on board the ship," she replied. "But my powers have ways of reaching people that ordinary communications would have no way of reaching. So, do you guys fancy a trip underwater?" she said, looking at Clarice. She'd have been happy if it was just her and Clarice going but she wasn't sure if she could persaude the others to stay behind.

Haztur

Clarice heard every word of what was happening and then saw Myra's eyes on her and considered her options.

"We can't go, not all of us. And there is a lot to do. Before this happens." Clarice said pondering. Knwiginexactly what to say that will make the others stay back. "Riley you still need to rest or your body might fail you when we need it the most, Cypher you are the man with the contact, we need to know where are al of the Heroe Hunters when we came back that way we will be able to be able to decide what would be ebtter if a confrontation or toher thing. Torrence, I believe you will be saffer with them and your knowledge of the material would let us know more about what we might have passed as obvious."

Then sighs "Myself I am the one with less resources here, still if I can talk with the crew I might be able to understand more about the future and maybe with Myra's help I might be able to predict it, or at least a date or something." Then she readies herself walking besides Myra and whispering "I am thankful this is not like Terminator when I need to be naked to being able to teleport, something says you might take advantage of the situation." She says as a joke, but somehow thinking it might have fallen to close to the truth, her cheeks just staying red.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

The others set to work, Cypher and Torrance combining their skills to try and trace the Hunters, knowing they'd have better knowledge of where to look.

"I don't know about you," Myra said, taking Clarice's hand. "I wouldn't mind if we'd had to be naked to teleport," she said, winking to Clarice. "Y'know, the guys are probably going to take longer to do their jobs than we will, we don't necessarily have to go straight back to them...I mean, if you don't want to," she said, turning slightly red with embarrassment.

Haztur

Clarice walked along with Myra as the redhead talked to her, her words were compelling and the touch on her shoulder made the skin on her back sweat cold, it was easy to lose onselef on the woman's eyes just nodding to her propposals of how to travel and that they could just make a quick trip elsewhere when they were to came back.

"I though you were with Cypher..." said Clarice her cheeks only becoming even more red, to herself she breathed "I have never been with another girl..." she said biting her lip, but her words sounded more like longing than reproach.

((of course that extra tri might have to pass on an adult forum, right?))
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Me and Cypher is...complicated," she said, laughing slightly. "I adore him and he adores me, but our relationship can't work for..." she paused. "It'd take too long to explain, but Cypher knows we can't happen, doesn't stop him having feeling for me though. And I haven't either, unless a quick snog with a female guard counts, she said, her face turning even more red."

(was thinking more a quick coffee and getting to know each other first, don't really picture Myra as someone who takes things too quickly...if that makes sense lol)

Haztur

Clarice turned pattently even more red, the flirting of Myra having make herself get a lot firther from herself as she usually did. "I.. I suppose not. And I am sorry about Cypher and you, I suppose is well... unfortunate."

"So are we going?" Asked Clarice trying to evaporate the tension surrounding them.

((lol as poor Clarice I jumped ahead of events :P))
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"If it leaves me free to meet beautiful women like you I'm not complaining too much," she said, stopping when she reached the end of an alley. "To be honest I could portal from anywhere but I wanted a bit of privacy from the others." She put one arm around Clarice, kissing her full on the lips, while forming a portal with the other. She pulled away, seeing the portal showing a brightly-lit interior beyond. She took her hand, leading her inside the ship. The ship was huge, stretching as far as they could see in every direction. "Welcome to the Archangel," Myra said, "last remnant of a future we should really hope never comes true."

Haztur

Clarice had seen the kiss comming, but feeling it twice in so little time was confusing, future and present mixing into one as their bodies meet so close was a distracting if exicintg sensation.She had closed her eyes as she was kissed but when Myra had moved her away and taken her hand she was sure her eyes showed the same confusion and desire her interior felt, the exitement on her body for the woman was almost as strong as her curiosity fr the remnants of the Archangel. Following her without doubt.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Arca, I know you're here somewhere," she called out, a mixture of irritation and amusement in her voice. "This is your part of the ship after all."

"Who the hell are-" a young man said as he emerged from under a computer on one side of the room. "Myra, sorry, you could've warned me you were coming, I'd have tidied the place up a bit more."

"Clarice, meet Lieutenant Arca," Clarice said. "The Archangel's techno-wizard extraordinare. Where's the captain?"

"He's busy I'm afraid," Arca replied. "But since I can guess what you're here to see I can take you there if you want." Myra nodded in reply. He led them to an especially brightly-lit corner of the ship, in which stood a tall tube. Inside it was a figure dressed in a long blue cloak, little of his body visible beneath it but a breathing device visible just beneath the hood. "Meet the Archangel, a last gift from your future and the reason your powers exist. He's in a deep cryogenic sleep for now, but he can be woken in an instant if and when his abilities are required."

"This is how the ship got its name," Myra said to Clarice. "These guys know their job is to get it here and deploy him when we need him. Unfortunately for them...this is a oneway trip, they can't go back even if they wanted to."

"If you'd seen what our world is like you'd be glad not to return to it," Arca said, smiling slightly. "Besides, none of the crew have anything left for us in our time, its why we were picked for this mission."

I've gotta go for a bit I'm afraid, I'll be back in an hour at most. Hopefully you'll still be here then

Haztur

Clarice grabbed herself tightly to Myra's hand following her like a lost puppy, the wonders of the Archangel mixed with herecent kiss had her confused and her head felt like swimming, not that she wasn't quite below the the sea where they shouldn't be able to be. Still she remembered to say at least 'hi' to the lieutenant

Her hand touched the tube keeping Archangel and some powerful and disturbing images hit her immediately, here is where the energy came, powerful, radiating to the entire world creating an army for what was to come, Archangel leading them all... a Myriad futures including one where they lose everything but a few where they could really save it all... "Where is life there is hope" sad Clarice enigmatically."

"I need to see more, I need to see what is the future and know what data to search for..."

(ugh, will try but I leave to work in about hour and a bit more.)
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Of course," Arca said. "Give me a minute or so and I'll get the data sorted so you can see it more easily." He vanished off into a corner of the ship out of their sight.

"See, this is why I find you attractive," Myra said, grinning. "Well, that and the fact you have the best ass I've seen in a fair while."

"Okay, its ready," Arca called out. Myra walked towards where his voice came from, letting her cloak slip from her shoulders to reveal the trousers that fitted perfectly around her own ass. When they reached the computer terminal he was standing at Myra let out a gasp. The image was that of Earth, but rather than a blue planet full of life it was a wasteland, covered in deep scars in the ground. "This is the future we came from, we came from one of the last remaining pockets of human resistance," he said, pointing to a city of lights that was like an island of hope in the middle of a sea of lava and fire.

Haztur

Clarice smiles mischievously "So you like me because I can see the future or because I am bossy?"

She moves toward Arca and where Myra leaves her cloak, letting a slightly whistle left he lips "you are not bad either."

Clarice blinks at the horrible image "a very dark future, but too far away... I need whatever data you have of the event that brough this so I will know what to search, with Myra's help I might be able to look farther than I usually can."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Well," she said, using her own magical telepathy to avoid Arca hearing what she said, "maybe I'll let you see a bit more of my ass when we're done here." She rested a hand on Clarice's ass, enjoying the feel of it and just about resisting the urge to pinch it again.

"There's only one of the crew who knows what happened," Arca said.

"Well technically two," said a man in a rather battered-looking captain's uniform who walked in from somewhere towards the front of the ship. "But I don't think Archangel is going to be very...talkative right about now," he said, laughing slightly.

"Clarice, meet Captain Drayton," Clarice said, laughing at Drayton's comment herself. "I'm told he's the genius pilot who got them down here without damaging the ship."

"This is true," Drayton said. "I can't tell you exactly what happened becase I was still a child when it happened, I can tell you what little I remember and what my parents told me though. It started when NASA detected an energy source on the surface of Titan that was emitting a communication in Morse code. If we'd been smart or had any idea what was coming we'd have ignored it but we chose to try and contact it using a satellite. The problem is...they hijacked it. We don't know how, but they used the link between the satellite and NASA to jump between Titan and Earth. A portal opened in the middle of Cape Kennedy unleashing an army of...well, the only word my mother could think of to describe them was demons. That's where Cape Kennedy is...I should say was," he said, zooming in to an area of the US which had almost completely been swallowed by water. "She would never tell me anymore than that, except to say that most of humanity never stood a chance, once that first portal was stable they started opening all over the planet. By the point this image is taken all that's left of humanity are a few pockets of resistance where they had a particularly large army at their disposal to protect civilians. Part of the reason where we come from survived was Archangel himself, he doesn't just have one superpower...he is said to have all at once somewhere in his body, but he is only able to use one power at once."

Haztur

Clarice turned red at feeling the hand on her ass, but said nothing, bitting her lip nervously, just letting the older woman get comfortable besides her.

Just to almost jump in surprise at hearing the captain "its my pleasure to meet you captain, considering the travel among time and the need for safety I suppose we can call it a great landing." Said Clarice smiling.

"Myra... I don't know all your powers, but there is any chance you can transmit the captain's memories to my mind, that way I might be able to look for something concrete" Clarice said while taking off her jacket and taking out a couple of buttons of her shirt as to be able to  breath better while she looked for a place to get comfortable.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"If the captain doesn't mind," Myra replied.

"Of course not," the captain said. "You two are almost the only people who've bothered listening to our story, I think the CIA just heard what they wanted to of it if I'm honest. Just promise me this won't hurt."

"It won't," Myra said, moving her hand to the side of Clarice's head and closing her eyes. Her hand glowed as the memories transferred between the two people. "Don't worry captain, I'm only copying your memories, they'l still be there when I'm finished." She uninentionally allowed an image from her own mind to slip in too, a fantasy of her with Clarice over her knee being spanked. She went slightly red, glad only Clarice could see that.