World Enough and Time and Blue Moon

Started by Ember Star, September 07, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

Sorry, only E members would be able to follow that link. Assuming, of course, that you haven't left the page completely in the public.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Ember Star

Quote from: Lilias on September 08, 2013, 11:46:46 AM
Sorry, only E members would be able to follow that link. Assuming, of course, that you haven't left the page completely in the public.
Um... IDK. All I know is there's a "private" and "buddies only" neither of which I have checked.

That's fine though. I figured as much but was just checking anyway.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Oniya

The default is 'E Members only'.  Public is wide open to the 'Net, and 'Buddies Only' is restricted to those members you've put on your Buddy List.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ember Star

I don't see a "public" and I know leaving "private" unchecked doesn't do it because I testes by logging out and going the link.

How do I set it on "public"?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

Okay, so after fooling around, I realized something that should be brought to Staffs attention. The On and Off section isn't updating. Part of it anyway. The check boxes with the kinks and whatever are. But I realized that I changed what characters I play/what they're attracted to some time ago, but when I viewed the profile, the changes didn't show. I tried several tactics, and still a no show. Some kind of technical glitch, I guess?

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Jag

If the box marked Private is unchecked, unapproved members and guests can see your profile (the OO profile). Unless that has changed since we got the OO system.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Ember Star

Quote from: Lilias on September 08, 2013, 02:00:01 PM
Did you save the page before exiting?
Yep.
Quote from: Jagerin on September 08, 2013, 02:22:39 PM
If the box marked Private is unchecked, unapproved members and guests can see your profile (the OO profile). Unless that has changed since we got the OO system.
Nope. Tested by logging out and trying to go in it. Says I have it set on private but I don't.

Oreo

It's possible Veks made a site-wide change to private on the Preferences when he moved E.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Jag

I haven't messed around with it in a while. I probably need to so I can update the tutorial for it.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Ember Star

Quote from: Oreo on September 08, 2013, 05:53:50 PM
It's possible Veks made a site-wide change to private on the Preferences when he moved E.
Yeah, that's possible. But if he did it on purpose why didn't he tell us and why is the option to make it private still there?

Oreo

Could be because he is really busy working on the CMS.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Vekseid

Quote from: Ember Star on September 08, 2013, 10:40:39 AM
I have a question regarding WEaT and E. Can I link my Roleplay peferences form here into a signature and/or O/O thread there? I ask because I like it and it's already set up. I have a F-list account that I made a couple of days ago, but I'm a little confused with the site and I think they have character creation shut down for the moment.

If I can't link the preferences from here, I'm fine with just listing a few specific ones on a thread. Just curious.

I ended up making the O&O's here globally private as there was too much confusion with approved members thinking it was. F-list is probably better for multi-site things.

Ember Star

That's fine as I was just on there and figured out how to work it, so was working on filling it out. It's more extensive anyway. Although personally I love the little on you have here. Wish everybody would fill it out.

Oreo

*agrees* I like seeing both the Preferences and the O/Os. I get a different insight from each of them. :D

Ember Star

Quote from: Oreo on September 08, 2013, 11:10:29 PM
*agrees* I like seeing both the Preferences and the O/Os. I get a different insight from each of them. :D
Same. The threads give  great written details. While the preferences are great for little kinks that you can check and see. Having both really gives me a better feel of the person.

Vekseid

Quote from: Ember Star on September 08, 2013, 11:00:43 PM
That's fine as I was just on there and figured out how to work it, so was working on filling it out. It's more extensive anyway. Although personally I love the little on you have here. Wish everybody would fill it out.

I wrote it rather inefficiently, unfortunately. : / Live and learn so to speak.