Winx club vs the techno-organic entity and minions. (looking for players)

Started by insaneplots, November 14, 2013, 08:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

insaneplots

So a plot that started as a fandom idea built to be more generic.
The original idea was for Winx club; But it could be sailormoon or just about any other all female magic girl heroine plot.

An advanced nanotech entity has been reactivated after centuries of slumber it seeks to first perfect it's home planet robotizeing all organic life and turning the sentient lifeforms into drones the flora into raw materials for and the fauna into horrific machine monsters to fight and resistance on the next planet.

Enter the game players would either be the heroines (can be more than just one of the series); or minions of the nanotech entity. Not all of the minions are mindless slaves but they all have been made loyal to the nanotech entity.

Roxy Rocket

Heh. Reminds me of the old sonic the hedgehog where evil was all about making bunnies into robobunnies for no clear reason.

Are you looking to angle off a specific magical girl genre series for flavor reasons or were you just bringing that up as a starting point?
      Do you have an idea of the tone and emphasis for the game yet?
      How attached are you to the nanotechnology line?

Aaaand that's it.

insaneplots

It kind of does.
to answer your three questions

I was thinking winx though if a more well known set of magical girls was prefered it could be set with them.

The magic girls are trying to stop the entity but find it difficult as any tme they're beaten one of more of their own are captured and aren't seen until they come face to face with a robotized version of their former teammate. Is the robo version the real thing, a copy? If the robot is the real former ally can they be saved?

I did have an idea that many of the generic humanoid and even animal minions are based along the lines the the Shemarrians of The Rifts game system. With a bit ot robotic tentacle play from conversion units and in field defeat and degredation.

Roxy Rocket

Huh. Dunno Rifts or Winx, but I guess I'm not against em. Can look em up and get acquainted.

Yeah, I'm onboard with evil robot plague I just... can't stand the N-word.

Techno-Organic Virus (what was that from, X-Men?) is cool. Nanoblahblah just... I have no idea why it peeves me so.

Alrighty. Concept looks sound. We just need some darin' folks tah join in.

insaneplots

I can get behind the techno-organic Virus.

Winx is an itallian made animated series fitting the magic girl role as the primarily female cast transformed in fairies each with a power that was themed. Fire, Sun, nature, music, animals, water, even technology each season they faced off against one or another foe a quest for some new transformation power and a set trio of female witches always seemed to be on par or just strong enough to give them a run for their money. It was cheesey and I stoped watching after season four when the american producers for the dubbing changed mid series on the lead characters names from layla to aiesha for no reason other then she was african.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: insaneplots on November 14, 2013, 09:24:33 PM
I did have an idea that many of the generic humanoid and even animal minions are based along the lines the the Shemarrians of The Rifts game system. With a bit ot robotic tentacle play from conversion units and in field defeat and degredation.

Oh?! So folks who join the robo-tech side can get to chance convert their opposition through robo-tentacle sex? I am in :). In the robo-tech side anyways. My char concept would go around on idea of a cancer patient who was literally in dead bed (last stages of cancer) until the robo-virus was infected on him and so spared him from certain death. So very loyalist and views technology as means to save mankind and evolve them to higher being (instead fairie magic/sparkle dust).

insaneplots

I would say we have a start we need at least 10 players before i make the threads. 5 techno-organic minions and 5 heroines/ heros winx did have male characters but they were part of a heros academy not the magic school.

The main hive mind of the techno-organic Virus will be Gm controlled
I'll also create a minion to play so that give two villains and which ever you want to play Roxy either a minion or as one of the Fairies.

Smitten Endymion

I could totally get into this, I love winx, and I like the enemy concept. I'm good with playing winx or hero, or even villan male or female. Also, is this going to sexual? not sure if you answered that already somewhere. Don't mind either way just curious. alos is the LGBT friendly or is this Hetro strictly?

insaneplots

it would be lgbt light. And yes the minions create tentacles which can spread the techno-organic virus to a new host.

Roxy Rocket

Little update: I'll be withdrawing interest. Took a look at the winx thing. Not thrilled.

Good luck with it.

Smitten Endymion

Quote from: insaneplots on November 18, 2013, 01:32:52 AM
it would be lgbt light. And yes the minions create tentacles which can spread the techno-organic virus to a new host.
Thanks for answering my question, I'll definately join when ever you got the CS up and the story basis down. I'll keep this bookmarked.

insaneplots

Sorry to see you go Roxy. (and then there are three.)

I'll be putting up two CS one for the good guys and one for the badguys.

As well as a sort of opening narrative

Were you thinking a good or evil character smitten?

Smitten Endymion

I'm not sure, I'm good with either. I am not leaning towards either when rping but in games im usually the morally ambiguous rogue type character that really doesn't mind killing, or stealing, but doesn't go for the little guy. If that makes any sense. As far as this rp goes I am leaning toward winx because I feel the power options is more versatile, but at the same I'm leaning towards the evil side because I haven't played a truly evil character on this site yet. So im still undecided

insaneplots

part of the plot would involve winx fairies being turned into techno-organic minions becoming evil which while it wouldn't remove their powers it might corrupt or distort them. For example using some of the main six winx girls

Flora: might have her connection to organic nature severed however she would develop a link to the techno-organic plants.

Techna: might have her powers boosted being a fairy from a digital realm.

Bloom: might have her powers completely twisted and replaced to suit her new Techno-Organic form.

For the good guys I will be adding in the description what they might look like if converted into a techno-organic minion. One constant is that those converted have two small tendrils that resemble insect antenna the tendrils appear more commonly on the head at the hair line but can appear in just about any location the tendrils act like communication between the converted victim to the hive mind of all the other converted and the techno_organic Entity.

Smitten Endymion

That gives me more food for thought. I always imagined Bloom evil, or darker than people see her as, Her powers are practically passion, in my head. Though I have immagined her with Riven too... so I'm odd, and I see him easily turning evil too.

insaneplots

Im currently designing the details for the techno-organic virus and what it does depending on race.

I was thinking fairies due to their good nature and magic would have some resistance save fairies of a digital realm origin (techna) as well as witches with their darker powers would be able to resist but not as well meaning the techno-trix are possible.

Anyways I'm going to post this in sections starting for techno-organic minions both a few details about and a character sheet which may be added to in the future.

Techno-organic Virus minion
Details in making a techno-organic converted minion
What race were they before conversion?
Normal humans convert fairly quick sometimes the main boss will keep normal human minions able to transform for covert missions.
Fairies: the techno-organic virus has a very sinister effect on fairies initially the virus doesn't appear to affect them but both time and prolonged exposure prove this wrong. one encounter and infection of the virus is a slow decent into darkness the more often a fairy is exposed to the virus the faster the effects appear.
fairies powers tend to be based on an emotion, an aspect of nature/ the cosmos. These powers are either cut off, corrupted, and made more powerful.
Witches: the virus affects witches much like fairies though usually in a much more rapid pace.
Tendril Location all converts have two tendrils sectional chrome and black antennae that connected them remotely to the hive mind of the virus, as well as enabling direct link to the master entity of the virus. Usually there are two. the most common locations for the tendrils are at the temples of the skull, inside the converts hair (hidden it longer hair looking like a set of metallic dreadlocks with shorter hair.)
Multiple tendril sets: on a few occasions the master entity will add additional tendrils to a convert this increases the converts connection to the hive and signals rank among the minions.
Implants: ranging from data connection jacks, to weapons, extra limbs and even subdermal armor. Starting converts usually will have one or two rarely three related to their intended function.

Name: (this can be their name before conversion or some name they've chosen after their conversion.
Race Prior to conversion:
Powers after conversion:
Tendril location:
Appearance Disguised:
True form: usually a dark cybernetic variation of their normal form for fairies their fairy form becomes corrupted
Techno-Organic implants: (these are alterations that happen over the course of the infection / conversion)

Sexual preference:

Background:

Zaer Darkwail

Nice, I can work on charsheet then. A question though; I intent background wise my char have been affected the virus a quite long time ago. He retains free will but he willingly spreads the virus. So how many 'techie' stuff he has gained? As note he was pre-conversion a normal human who was in last stages of deadly cancer (a teenager).

insaneplots

I like to say get creative. If he has been converted for some time then add a second set of the tendrils. Any questions or ideas you may want to run by just PM me.

Smitten Endymion

woot, CS for one up. Ill keep that in mind till the other one comes up

insaneplots

I'm also writing the opening story including your role zaer as one of the first to find the main bad. As well as a female doctor, two heros (one is perhaps one of the red fountain boys) and fairy (either a random or one of the winx) These save one of the heros and zaer's are open as potential minion roles.

Basic CS for the good guys.

Creating a fairy/ good guy character (* are fairy or witch only fields)
Power for fairies and witches: Usually have some aspect related to the characters personality

Name:
Home realm: (if a personal character can be made up with type of realm it is)
Powers after being corrupted by the techno-organic Virus*:
Personality:
Appearance:
Appearance if infected with the techno-organic virus:
Background:

LoveCandle

Trust me... you will never forget me

insaneplots

it kinda fizzled out. I still like the concept but I've formed low expectations of this game ever becoming more then perhaps a one one one type plot.

LoveCandle

Trust me... you will never forget me