News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What brought You to Elliquiy?

Started by Raisden, February 10, 2014, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raisden

Hello all. I am really enjoying my time here and i was wondering what brought all of you here? I am here looking to make some new friends, better my writing and go on many adventures. What about you all?
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight to my dreams.

Nico

In all honesty, I found this place at random. It was rather high on a search result, and thus, I stumbled in here almost five years ago. :-) I was a little bored, and rather tired of the place I have been at before. I came here, tried it out, and stuck around. ;D Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I found a ton of really amazing writing partners since then. And some good friends!

Raisden

Even though i am not approved I can say that i do like it here. I am an aspiring writer myself and looking at some of the writers here i can say i am in good company. People here a really nice too.

Nico

I am glad to hear that. That's how it should be. ;) I only write for fun. It is a creative outlet for me.

Raisden

I on the other hand am trying to make a bit of money off of it. Its one of my passions, well that and videogames  ;D

Nico

I only write for fun, because I like doing it. It is quite different to what I do for a job. It heps to let out some more creativity, and it is relaxing. :-) And, the writing aside, I just love the community here, and the friends I made so far.

Remy

Initially I'd been  a long term member of another site and was a moderator there.  Absolutely loved it there and the small community that became akin to an online family.  I browsed one night, just happened upon Elliquiy, and thought 'great, a similar site, so a similar situation'.  Unfortunately it didn't work out like that, and I didn't enjoy Elliquiy first time around as I found the site too big, too confusing, too crowded, and too fast.  But I didn't give up, just visited randomly, occasionally getting into RP's that sadly never worked.  About three years ago I decided to either make a go of it, or drop out completely and for some reason it began to work for me here and I found my niche.  My original site unfortunately was closed and I asked some of those I wanted to remain in contact with to consider Elliquiy, ( which they did) and it worked even better with one or two familiar faces here that I knew and loved.

I love it here now, granted I don't venture to all sections of the site, but where I go I enjoy and participate as time allows.   
And...I've still got the three original friends here from elsewhere here, plus a little parcel of new friends that add to my reasons for remaining happily here.

Nico

I do not venture everywhere, either. There are some boards that simply hold little interest to me. One cannot be everywhere, but there are several threads I visit quite regularly, because I like it there.

Raisden

I am interested in seeing everything this site has to offer. i want to see how deep i can go...but i might come out running and screaming  :-)

Nico

Quote from: Raisden on February 10, 2014, 03:39:33 PM
I am interested in seeing everything this site has to offer. i want to see how deep i can go...but i might come out running and screaming  :-)
Bah!  XD You'll love it. ;D

AmberStarfire

Initially, it was because hubby was a regular and moderator here and thought I'd like the site and the people here too.

I did join up, but it took me a long time to discover the site again for myself and begin story posting here. Now I'm a regular here too.

Bedroom Lazarus

I have spent basically the last 16 years role playing on AOL.  To be honest, the creativity that flourished in its early years steadily turned to a trickle, then to a drought.  Throughout my entire adult life I've always craved a creative outlet for my writing and without shame I admit to the fact that my greatest talent revolves in spinning around erotica.  So I went onto google to search out somewhere creative.  The first place I went to catered very much to a younger generation of players, with an emphasis on anime style profiles and fetishes that don't in all honesty appeal to me. 

So after a few weeks I decided to try again.  Then this site came up.  I actually am quite glad that it started off with me going through an application process, letting me get to know a few people here and there who shared the door mat with me.  I've found so far that now that I'm inside I am starting to make an impression, build my little black book of role play contacts and people to indulge in general chatting with and am seeing the possibility for role play in a way I haven't in a good number of years.

So cheers to Elliquiy for making that happen.
Passion is something no man can resist eternally.
Temptation will burn through a soul, devour its purity and intoxicate all those who are in its path.
Fret not oh lost little lamb, for you shall be led by the wolf with a cross to the green pastures promised you all the same. 
Open to ideas and messages

The Sins that Beckon Me

Raisden

Wow. You guys have been roleplaying for years. I am totally new when it comes to this. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two (or three) from you guys.

Nico

Quote from: Raisden on February 11, 2014, 10:47:42 PM
Wow. You guys have been roleplaying for years. I am totally new when it comes to this. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two (or three) from you guys.
There is always room for improvement, I'd say. And, for me, that's part of the fun! :-) Congratulations, by the way!

Raisden

Cayenne

One of my friends from a roleplay area on IRC told me about this place some years ago.   She was friends with the operator of this board, and one of the my favourite partners~ 
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

Tristian Pontis

I was begged to get on by my wife and sister.... so I gave it a shot. And I've enjoyed it all.

Lorelei Adelaide

A good friend of mine who is no longer a part of the site because well.. They just stopped coming back.
I'm a fishin' in the dark nitty gritty girl.

O/Os|Preferences|Idea's
Apologies and Absences

Stella

I'd been sent an invitation from a friend of mine who I'd roleplayed with for years on other sites. I was busy with life and other rps at the time, and although I kept the email, I never joined.

She died a few years ago and I was going through all the emails of hers I still had. I found the email with the link to E and, since I wasn't doing much roleplaying and was frustrated with other sites, decided to check it out. The rest is history. :D

E makes me think of her, which is nice.

Twisted Crow

Found it completely by chance after RPing for a few years. Funny enough, I haven't engaged with anyone yet... I've been working on other things. Some E-related, some not. But I do enjoy E-Culture whenever I stop by! ;)

Dovel

A sense of adventure. I am glad I took that first step.
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Prototype

The puritan filth, where ivy grows
The poisoned tear, the thorn, the rose
The sin, the pleasure, the sexual urge
Is what I choose for my last dirge

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

JLinz77

I was on one of my usual sites and saw the banner. I've wanted to hone my RP skills for the longest; a couple of years ago, I got my small taste of it and enjoyed it! Also, it wouldn't hurt to improve my writing so that's what I'm hoping to find here, along with meeting new people!

Marchoisas

Google search and my weaknes 4 exotic site names!  :-)
Danger only makes things more fun!

Reached my limit of active RPs, so... efective now, I'm no longer available for more RPs until further update. Sorry peeps!