Sex – The Game! (Jumanji gone WILD!) - Announcements Made!

Started by Patriarch, October 15, 2010, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubicon

Character time! I have two -- fraternal twins at age 21, respectively -- Eleanor and Evan Hoeller:

Shared History of the Hoeller Twins: Proud to be in a family of third generation geeks, the Hoellers were raised to be intelligent, freethinking, cheerful, skeptical and idealistic. It was almost disturbing to their parents when they both ended up slightly on the jock side of things -- Eleanor having been captain of her high school soccer team, Evan having been an all-state wrestler.

Still, they did grow up with a love of genre, raised on a diet of comic books, speculative fiction and fantasy. It's entirely possible their sports-focus in high school was rebellion. If so, they got over it in college, where they both did well, had fun, and learned about the world.

Today, they're both skeptical dreamers -- they want to believe, but they also need proof.

Name: Eleanor Hoeller
Weight: 138 lbs
Height: 5'8
Measurements 37-c, 27, 35

Personality: The more outgoing of the pair. Athletic and graceful, fun-loving and social, "Elly" has always been a party girl at heart. A decent dancer which led her to school musicals in high school and college, unafraid to wear any costume or do anything for the part -- and as happy at a cast party as at an audition, Elly became well known for being willing to try almost anything. She's a bit of a daredevil, and the sort of girl to whom bukkake is old hat.

Her deep, dark secret? Vaginally and anally speaking, she's a virgin.

It's not that she's anti-sex by any stretch. No girl who's sucked off one guy while giving hand jobs to two others is anti-sex. Nor does she consider herself sweet and pure. However, she has something of a phobia surrounding penetration. She knows she likes oral sex, and she loves her hitachi whether alone or with others, but actually... being... no. No, not yet. Maybe tomorrow. Or next week.

Or, of course, in her fantasies...

On's:  Attracted to both men and women. Very dominant -- she doesn't have much in the way of a submissive side, either extant or latent.

That said, she has a severe kink for NonCon play she doesn't know about. Her phobia surrounding penetration makes the idea of being bound and forced into it all the hotter for her. In particular, her love of genre fiction has influenced her. She longs to be the adventurous space princess or superheroine bound and forced by the dark (handsome) lord to serve his perverse whim -- the bondage and force giving her license to enjoy it, of course.

Aliens, fantasy creatures, djinn and the like all fit her fantasies to a tee -- while she'd never admit it to her brother, tentacle rape hentai gets her hot and bothered, and she loves the idea of angel, demon or alien sex -- whether she's human or one of the angels, demons or aliens. Transformations would appeal to her -- anything new and dynamic is exciting to her. She likes oral, she likes group, and she likes diving in without looking, first.

Offs: She likes force and roughness -- at least at the hair pulling or spanking level -- but full pain, vore and the like squicks her hardcore.

She doesn't like the thought of underage sex -- she would freak if transformed or if an underaged boy or girl were summoned. (For safety, she would stick to 18+)

She's attracted to Anal, but as with the above -- rough, dry painful anal is a flat 'no way' even in her fantasies.

Finally, though she loves NonCon in her dark fantasies, she has no desire to be broken or have her will shattered. She isn't submissive and has no interest in becoming so. While she could get off on being the willing djinn to another player's Aladdin, doing what he commanded, it would have to be playful in tone as opposed to D/s. While she's willing to be Dominant in such a scenario, it's also not her thing -- power exchange doesn't thrill her.

Name: Evan Hoeller
Weight: 189 lbs
Height: 5'11"
Build: toned, moderately muscular but not 'built,' per se

Personality: Significantly more introverted and quiet than his sister, Evan has a reputation of being a 'nice guy.' Safe, easy to talk to, not too demanding. Always willing to help a guy move or walk a girl home with no expectations. Reserved but not uptight. Where his sister was always at the center of the strip poker game, Evan was off to the side drinking beer and talking about philosophy with the stoned chicks. Though he acted a few times, he was mostly the stage manager in high school productions, and happier working on the school newspaper or magazine in college. Much more straight laced across the board.

Ironically, he's actually had sex. A lot of it, really. He's a one woman kind of guy, currently between girlfriends, but he lost his technical virginity early, and he likes sex a lot.

That said... he's... pretty straight laced there, too. Missionary position. Cowgirl. (Not reverse cowgirl, mind.) He tried doggie style once but he doesn't make a habit of it. Doesn't generally go for oral sex, and anal's right out.

Or so he says...

On's: Evan has a dominant streak -- the powerful, strong master commanding his willing woman runs through his head quite often, whether or not he'd ever let himself do it. The pirate capturing a governor's daughter, the villain capturing a superheroine, the dark theurge summoning an angel (or succubus) to do his whims -- all that works very, very well for him.

He likes the idea of transforming into something that can't control himself -- the werewolf style fantasy, that would savagely take what it wants. Something that breaks through his self-restraint and forces him into intense sensation. By the same token, the idea of being bound and forced to service beautiful women is more than a little appealing to him. He could see himself in almost any science fiction or fantasy antagonist role, really....

He wouldn't mind having a harem, now that you mention it... at least once....

Offs: As with his sister, he's completely off underage sex. 18+ even in fantasy, really.

He's not attracted to men. While he won't be squicked by being part of a MM/F or MM/FF style scene, and he's not opposed to homosexual content going on around him, it leaves him pretty cool.'

He's not looking to cause anyone true physical harm or destruction, and it would bother him if he did. His werewolf self might force a girl into rough sex in his fantasies, but afterwards she would lack physical injuries. Vore and the like doesn't appeal either.

He's not much for anal/giving

yasarra

Very, very nice. *applauds*  I believe there may well be room for these two.

Patriarch

*grins* Excellent as well Rubicon. But don't get too hasty Yasarra, we still have another six days to go!

We're beginning card creation now. Please, post your own ideas or PM them to us! Any category you want to go with is fine - though not Fantasy, as those will be personal.

Remember, the categories are...

Summoning, Transformation, Submission, Fantasy, Community (same as Group) and Trial.

Meliai

Haha, oh WOW this thread's gone pretty far while I was at work! I haven't had time to sit down and think in depth about game mechanics quite yet, but while reading through the new posts I had an interesting idea! Fostering competition and alliances was talked about for a bit earlier but they were sort of overshadowed by more game-related brainstorming. I think the Group cards could be a great way to twist the players' relationships with one another if there was an element of choice involved that could harm other players. Say a player lands on a special square and is given a choice - some sort of monster will be summoned to ravish them, or they can opt to summon a much larger/more numerous version of the threat that will attack everyone else as well, but grant the original player double the points or some other significant reward. There could either be some sort of announcer-voice entity that tells everyone what happened, or it could remain a secret until someone else gets a card that lets them reveal who was responsible for the group attack of their choice.

I've got a question too! I was probably in elementary school when I saw Jumanji so I've forgotten pretty much everything (I'm all nostalgic now though, going to try and dig it up on YouTube later  :-)) - what exactly is the board like? Is it a regular game board, where the players would all be in the same space and the game effects the space around them, or a huge lifelike thing (Like mario party!) where the players themselves act as the game pieces and actually walk along the board and can become split up? My suggestion obviously wouldn't work if the players are in close quarters.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Sunday

well we've decided on a dare like board. rather than the traditional jamanji type board. Mainly because it encourages the game to go on longer... but the jamanji board was much like a snakes and ladder board... minus the snakes and ladders of course, and each player having a different trail to follow.
where our board is more like a circle you have to go around (much like monopoly) except there are more circles inside (the levels of the game) and the aim is to gather enough points by doing the tasks the game sets to you to advance each level of the game until you reach the center.

Patriarch

Ah... The Mario Party suggestion is interesting indeed. I think it's probably better to have everyone around an actual board, but it's certainly interesting. What does everyone else think?

And definitely, the treasure cards (giving the players capabilities to help or harm one another) and many of the other cards (group or not) will require players to make decisions about alliances. Even simple summoning cards may allow the card drawer to choose who is affected!

Nazora

I prefer the board for this game, more togetherness.

I'm going to try writing some cards for the categories and see what I come up with, I'll submit them via post message, though some of them may be duplicate to what is already written.

More Mechanical Suggestions: (the mundane stuff)

Since it is a multi-player game, we may need a device to deal with drop-outs. With more people involved it is more likely one or more may stop posting. Thus, a work around is needed to prevent the game dying if one or two players stop posting. It might be replacement, or even a a simple character freeze, if there is not a post within a certain number of days.

Turn based: As it is a game it will certainly be turned based, but should only be so for the turns of the game.   
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Patriarch

Agreed. Note, the game is to be broken into 5 circles, with about 20 cards for each major category in each circle. Each circle will be comprised of 22 squares, 4 for each of the 5 major categories and 2 for Trial. Trial will only have 10 cards per circle, and they'll be considerably more grandiose with larger rewards.

As for replacement - I think that if you do not post (without prior warning) for a week - you'll be sent off on a trial or somesuch until you return to eliqiy, getting you out of the way of the turn order. Then, another player will be brought in due to the game's machinations.

Something similar will likely happen even if you do give prior warning, important to keep the game humming - and said side-adventure will give you a great deal of points, so you won't be too far behind.

iridum248

Hmmm, let me see if I'm getting this so far: The game is a series of 5 circles. The players start at the 1st, and gather points to 'buy' their way up towards the center of the board. Cards are dealt out when they land on certain 'events' of each type, with points awarded for completing, or enduring, each scenario. Possibly, they might have bonuses like, say...Stealing points from other players, moving again, and so on.

The higher your circle, the kinkier the games get, but the more points you receive for each one (Motivating you to move up as quickly as possible.) Ultimately, your goal is to reach the center of the board, and claim your reward.

I'm not against transformation, myself, as long as it's, well, not *too* extreme. I'd admit I'd probably like the 'Fantasy' or 'Summoning' categories more.

Patriarch

Well, on the plus side, if you DO wish to avoid transformations - you'll be perfectly in character! *laughs*

You've got the gist of it. And here's the chart. Threshold refers to the number required to move to the next ring. Average Points refer to how many points you should gain each turn while in the specified ring. The Epic Trial is the climactic trial beyond circle 5 that you must overcome to win the game.

Ring     Avg Pts    Threshold
  1                  2                12
  2                  5                35
  3                 15               120
  4                 50               450
  5                200              2000
Epic Trial    Epic Trial      Epic Trial          

If you're wondering, the point totals actually came out of a very strict formula Yasarra and I created. We decided that to keep players wanting to move ahead through the point buy rather than sit back in earlier circles to accumulate points, each ring's average points per turn should be equal to approximately 41.5% of the cost of moving into it. That way, your investment is made back in three turns, with profit. Then we decided the game should take an average of 50 turns to complete. so we settled on 6 turns for level 1, 7, for level 2, 8 for level 3, 9 for level 4 and 10 for level five. With 10 turns lefts for accumulating enough points to be safe to move ahead (0 immediately puts you back down to the previous ring, where you then gain tripple the amount of average points there), that worked out very well.

A bit of rounding later, plus beefing up 5 to be a bit more epic (the numbers called for 180/1800 rather than 200/2000) and we had ourselves a very carefully derived point system.

Rubicon

Of course, there will also be the hunger to get out of the game for those freaked out by it. Of course, that would imply that for those who want to escape, the fastest route is through the areas outside their comfort zone.

Should there be some kind of ranking system, so someone who's uncomfortable with, say transforms could pursue one for a point bonus, while someone revelling in the game could stay solidly in his comfort zone and play it out slowly but safely?

Nazora

There's always a big difference for me between my own O&O and my character's O&O, of course it's logical that my character won't like anything that I find to be a major turn off, but it is always possible that my character won't like or outright despise something that I find a turn on in erotic fiction. Everyone needs to be clear about their own hard off limits, as well as what turns their character on and off.

Really extreme stuff should be out entirely, I think everyone agrees on that. The characters themselves will also have some ability to defer consequences they don't like. There might even be a way to spend points to take a 'pass' on certain consequences. There will be chances to reverse them probably as well. 

This game is obviously going to take in a very broad category of things that can happen. Anyone who wants to play should realize that and be willing to endure some things they may not find as appealing for the sake of the game. There might need to be a disclaimer so anyone who feels that something may happen to cause them to lose interest or become too uncomfortable to continue can avoid the game. The disclaimer would list some things from the O&O profile system that could happen in game, and some things from the same system that will not happen in the game. That should help clear up possible misunderstandings to some extant. 
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Rubicon

As much as I'd like to be eloquent, suffice it to say Nazora is awesome and I agree with everything she said above.

Patriarch

*laughs* Agreed on Nazora's awesomeness and her points as well. Certain treasure cards will allow players to skip ordeals, as will spending a certain number of points. It will be harsh though. Probably spending three times the average of the circle you're in. That means you effectively ad three turns to getting out of the circle (you do get to draw another card from the same category).

CurvyKitten

ok I had a few ideas, one the board should be able to be moved as in the movies. It can open a whole world of possibilites. A person can be fine with stripping in front of people he or she knows. But that is a different story when they are put on display for the world to see. And possible tie ins for the board and this other world it came from. The beings from there actualy play, or say a succubus is what actualy fuels it. As she feeds on the energy gathered during play. Also maybe past players that were stuck having turned into said demons and such. Maybe even make it where as you play you become something. And what you are depends on what happens to you and who you truly are hidden away the board brings out your true nature. Be it slave,dom,nympho,demon, cat girl, and so on. Maybe the board is training or testing for something more. But that can be down the line. 

Patriarch

Interesting. We have some events that force the players to move into public or broadcast themselves but moving the entire play area could be very fun. What are everyone's thoughts about the logistics involved?

Also, Yasarra and I are determined to not only live up to the promise of the premise for the story - but also create an excellent and fun game as well! Since I do game design work, this is a very fun project for me on all levels. You, the players, should be able to have as much fun playing the game as you do writing the story! That's out goal - and it looks like we're well on our way to achieving it. Moreover, the player that wins the game will be listed in my signature as the game's victor for all time - and gains the bragging rights associated with such!

Enjoy the game.

finewine

I think this is a creative inventive idea and I'd like to be a part of it, but my time constraints will prohibit me from the maiden voyage.
I've not played online games before so I will watch with keen observation and interest to learn how to play this fun fascinating game!

Can this game be a reoccurring game, please?

Once the game is defined and the rules set, please post them in a single post for those players of the next round of the game at later dates, if this game will be an Elliquiy staple, which I hope it will be.

FW

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
"There is always some madness in love,
 but also some reason in madness...
That which is done out of love
takes place beyond good and evil."
 -Friedrich Nietzsche
[/td][/tr][/table]

Niki315

Okay... I'm thoroughly interested in this, if you still have openings for this game I would love to join in.  And if you need any further help with developing the system I can help out.  I love working on stuff like this ^_^

Patriarch

*smiles* I certainly expect that we'll want to do this again - and I'll gladly post the finished rules. There will be another chance. And yes, we still have openings - and will through the 22nd, when Yasarra and I will choose 3 players and begin the game.

If you want to contribute, please send your ideas for cards - levels 1-5 - in the categories of Summoning (summons creatures, plants, monsters and toys to 'attack' the player(s) or summons the players themselves to another realm), Submission (Forces the character to do things or forces them to follow orders of another or puts them in a bondage position), Transformation (alters the characers' body and/or mind), Community (something that might go in any of the above three  - but if affects ALL players in some way) and Trial (a scenario, like the kind you commonly see in wanted RPs that the player(s) must go on). Fantasy you need make nothing for, as the chosen players will each design their own.

Sunday

Patriarch

Yes, in the interests of creating the best game experience possible - we're limiting it to 3 players. Threads flow best at two players only, so five (3 players and we 2 gms) is probably the most we can accept and still have constant player interaction.

That said, we're thinking of reducing the expected turns of the game to 35 instead of 50, to keep the game at a clipped pace so we can start another more efficiently. Bear in mind that 3-5 characters (still 3 players - but some possible players have submitted 2 and Yasarra is considering running one to spiceup the group we choose) each taking around 35 turns, each turn consisting of an average of 3 posts per character... That's a lot of posts for the game already.

Then, when the game ends - we'll likely begin it again.

In the mean time, try to maximize your chances with making your character ever-more-interesting and, most of all, submitting ideas for cards! More effort into the game creation translates into more consideation, since we know you care. PMs to me are also counted, don't worry Nazora.

yasarra

Now, mind you...that doesn't mean we might not consider a Rhiaji II. *smiles*  We've got about 500 or so "cards" in the works, and with random dice rolls, this could go on for a very long time without ever a repeat performance.

Vergil1989

This looks to be a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in for this one.  I will say that I'd advise putting all of the rules you plan to implement and the like into a separate thread, as well as an OOC page of a sort so to keep OOC comments out of the IC if you haven't thought of that already.  Sorry to jump in and start barking orders and all lol, just came from another group game that was good but the GM had never organized a game before and thus her threads were all over the place.  Anyway, I'm heading out for a bit tonight but I should be back either later on tonight or tomorrow, depending when we get back.  Either way, I am looking forward to this.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

yasarra

Not to worry.  We are hashing out all those details and they will be clearly stated before the game begins to all those playing.  We look forward to seeing your character if you decide to submit one.

Vergil1989

Oh I'll submit one, when there's a proper Character Sheet ready to go instead of an improvised one as I've seen so far.  I like the characters, don't get me wrong, just again I'm used to having a laid out plan instead of trying to make one out of thin air.  Makes for a better organized beast lol.

I'm heading to a visitation tonight for a friend's aunt, so as I said I don't know when I'll be back if at all tonight, but I'll definitely try to be and if not tonight tomorrow for sure since I don't have a life outside the comp lol.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page