St. Arcadia Academy (See new interest check for application)

Started by NileGoddess, November 09, 2011, 12:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NileGoddess

Sorry Elias, I'm going to deny him for multiple reasons. First, he has just a single name, and it's your user name. Secondly, his personality is way out of proportion for what sort of things he'd be getting into at St. Arcadia. Lastly, there's no incentive for the Morimotos to keep him at the school; the school is not to reform students, it's to exploit them sexually. This is all detailed in the first post.

Elias

The first and third point are easily fixed, (Is it common to avoid the use of your user name in rps? If so ill avoid it from now on) I also didn't assume the Morimoto group was "explicit" about their behind the scenes actions, I assumed the wealth of his father would be enough, if this isn't the case I can tie his father into the organization as the reason? Would that be more helpful to the rp?

All I need clarification on is his personality being way out of proportion, I don't understand that, happy to make any changes of course. 

NileGoddess

Quote from: Elias on April 29, 2012, 12:09:49 AM
The first and third point are easily fixed, (Is it common to avoid the use of your user name in rps? If so ill avoid it from now on)

I personally find it a little odd, and in this context for several reasons. This takes place in a hentai setting, where most of the characters are Japanese in nature, though there are a couple that are either mixed heritage or foreign. Your character was simply named 'Elias'. Elias what? What's his last name? It also takes away some of the disconnect between characters and players; we aren't roleplaying with each other as ourselves on the internet, we are roleplaying other characters in a fantasy setting. If I were to refer to my character as 'NileGoddess' in the game, to me it would seem like that it is me as a person who wants to get into all this erotica, and that's not the case.

Quote from: Elias on April 29, 2012, 12:09:49 AM
I also didn't assume the Morimoto group was "explicit" about their behind the scenes actions, I assumed the wealth of his father would be enough, if this isn't the case I can tie his father into the organization as the reason? Would that be more helpful to the rp?

They aren't explicit in the sense that there is a big sign telling everyone what they do. The Morimotos are, at the very best, a criminal family, using their power and wealth to exploit and control others. You just can't say 'my character has enough money to supersede the rules', because that's not even remotely near the point of this roleplay. They are a high profile family, so their illegal actions are kept very discreet.

Simply put, your character needs to be enrolled in St. Arcadia because his family is being blackmailed by the Morimoto family for one reason or another. Maybe they worked for their company, and screwed something up that merited punishment. Or, as Haibane mentioned in a few posts back, they tried to commit some white-collar crime or fraud, like siphoning money from the company and got caught. Furthermore, what you proposed so far doesn't really seem like the kind of person to be wanted in St. Arcadia. If the Morimotos were to enroll him, it sounds like he would be more trouble than he's worth with how dominant he is sounding. A character that has the overwhelming desire to control everything and everyone will not make it very far in this roleplay, for both characters and players alike.

Also, I recognize the character from Naruto, but it's my understanding that most of the characters in that series are very young, as in children? You may have to propose a new image if that is the case.

Nazora

((I'm not sure if this will completely work, but I will submit it anyway, let me know if it needs changes))

Player: Nazora
Name: Amigi Yukiko
Position: Student
Sexual Preferences: Yukiko knows very little about sex, or what her preferences are. She would tend to think herself more dominant as she is more or less used to getting her own way. Yukiko could not see herself being dominated and liking it, but she has never been in such a position before. She finds most men repulsive, in general she finds most people repulsive though. Her attitude toward her own sexuality has been ambivalent, as she has taken a wait and see approach to finding a boy. The only boy she ever really did like hasn't been around for five years, and has never written back to her. Deep down she is a romantic  with a very defined view of true love and how sexual relationships ought to be approached upon within it.

Appearance: Yukiko is slender, a late bloomer who's now nearly D-cup breasts prove just a little too big for her frame. This combined with her toned waist and neatly curved hips combined to make her a very desirable for the high school boys. She dyes her long hair blonde, and is always meticulous about touching up her roots so none of her original dark reddish brown hair shows. Her forest green eyes usually give away her apathy, but behind them is a grim determination to always seek the truth. Her lips are thin and pale, not the most kissable among the girls. It is very hard to get her to break from her stoic expression.

Personality: Yukiko is thoughtful and analytical person. She does not readily open up to people as she is serious and shy. Most times she is stoic about things, but can show bursts of emotion. Even when she really cares, she'll try to act like she could care less, even to the people she cares about the most. This has caused her some pain because of the distance it brings between her and her relatives and friends. Her biggest flaw is that she likes to sleep a lot, so if she's not interested she'll nod off instead of trying to pay attention. She holds loyalties and animosities very strongly. She has a strong desire to search out the reality of things, to know the truth no matter how repulsive she finds it.

Background: Being born to an upper-middle class small business family meant that Yukiko lacked for very little growing up. As a child she was very outgoing and playful, and made a lot of friends. She was one of the most popular girls in school and excelled at everything. It was when her father moved the business and she was forced away from the town she grew up that things changed. As a twelve year old, she barely ever came out of her room and slept all the time. She hated her parents for making her move away, hated the new town, hated her new school, and felt an intense loss at losing all her friends. Her grades plummeted, and she even had to drop out of school after becoming violently ill.

But she came out of it and went back to school, though she was never the same, she maintained a distance from everyone because she was afraid to make new friends lest she betray her old ones, or if she just had to leave again. At the age of sixteen her father's business moved again, just as she was starting to get comfortable with life in her new setting. It was then that ran away from home. She was only gone a few days, she had gone back to her hometown to find that the people she obsessed over had moved own and barely even knew who she was. She resolved herself, went back home, and died her hair blonde.

In high school she started to excel again, as the only thing permanent seemed to be grades. She made a few friends, but would never let herself get close even when her feelings ran deep. She took up martial arts to learn how to defend herself, and actually learned a little bit. Still, she remained especially distant and sarcastic with her parents, both her mother and her father, who she still secretly blamed for ruining her life.

Purpose at Arcadia:One day she was window shopping when someone bumped into her and copped a feel of her hind quarters. She was out for blood, and turned around to deck the perp, which she did, hard enough to knock him down and cause his flesh to swell. Ashamed, she didn't contact the police. She didn't even get a really good look at his face anyway, she just punched and ran. That was that, it was over anyway.

A week later her father had gotten into some sort of trouble, a new employee of her fathers found a drugged prostitute who had been missing for a week tied up in her father's office. There was also a stockpile of illegal drugs. Plenty of photographs had been taken and the employee wanted a huge cash advance plus payments not to blow the whole scandal to police and the press.

It didn't matter if he was guilty or innocent, if news like that leaked they would be ruined. But there was salvation, if her father's business came under the influence of a powerful family and Yukiko went to St. Arcadia to complete her education, the employee would be bought off and things could be done to ensure that this event was covered for as long as all conditions were met. Her father would have the support and backing of a very powerful family, and he would back them. It was a deal that worked best in everyone's eyes.

Except of Yukiko. Seething with rage, because her father was obviously innocent in her eyes, Yukiko would still accept the inevitable to prevent her family from falling into poverty and disgrace. Still, her opinion of her father plummeted. She now saw him as coward not willing to fight for the truth, not as a man trying to protect his family.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

NileGoddess

Concerning her personality, would you be opposed to making her, or another character, a little more outgoing? It seems we had a lot of shy, introverted characters submitted for this game, and it made scenes difficult because some characters would never approach others. Also I'm a little confused about the 'desire to search out the truth line'. Since Arcadia has plenty of secrets, it sounds like this would be a problem for the structure of the game. The bit about her hitting someone after copping a feel really would not sit well in the school, either.

Your blackmail plot seems a little confusing as well. I'm not sure if there's supposed to be a connection with the Morimotos from the beginning, or how exactly a prostitute ended up in his office with drugs, or how this other employee factors into it. The presence of the Morimoto family seems unnatural at best, and there's no motivation mentioned why they would bother to help out Yukiko's father, even if it meant they get Yukiko herself.

Nazora

I actually intend her to become more outgoing and lean more towards the dominant side of things after she gets initiated. Though I prefer to start with a fairly innocent and prudent character.

She may like to know the truth, everyone does, but it doesn't mean she will find it, it would just more or less open the door for things to happen that normally might not happen. She's just a normal human girl, fairly bright but not a genius, I doubt she could do much to upset the structure of the game.

I could tone it down to a slap and eliminate her martial arts experience, as it would not be in character for her to accept or handle overt sexual advances without any prior training or experience. Or  I could eliminate the incident all together from her profile, though she still might slap any man who touches lewdly.

I was having a bit trouble figuring out where I was supposed to go with the blackmail. I didn't think it was okay for her to just simply receive a letter. I may have overreached in wanting to create something fairly dramatic. Perhaps a situation where her father is given the choice between losing all his contracts or receiving a huge contract, all hinging on whether his daughter attends the academy? This would eliminate her father participating in criminal activities or being framed as involved in such and make things more of a business matter that effects his families economic situation.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

NileGoddess

We're a bit fixed for domme students at the moment, so we'd prefer subs at this point in time, or students extremely pliable/easy to boss around and forced into things.

Quote from: Nazora on April 30, 2012, 05:48:45 PM
I may have overreached in wanting to create something fairly dramatic. Perhaps a situation where her father is given the choice between losing all his contracts or receiving a huge contract, all hinging on whether his daughter attends the academy? This would eliminate her father participating in criminal activities or being framed as involved in such and make things more of a business matter that effects his families economic situation.

My experience with this game is that simple is always best. It doesn't have to be some grandiose scheme that reaches to the far corners of the world. We wouldn't be able to expand upon that anyway, given all the players participating, because then everyone would be clamoring for their own side story, which we just can't do. The idea you described strikes me as a threat, as the Morimotos would have nothing on her father at that time so they couldn't just say 'do this or we'll ruin you'.

My suggestions would be for the Morimotos to do something nice and discreet by framing her father, sabotaging his business, or setting something up so that he will inevitably fail and face consequences. Again, the key thing to keep in mind is simplicity, like white-collar crime. Likewise, he could deliberately invoke the family's wrath by trying to play them as fools, embezzle, siphon money, etc, and get caught by them. The two main things to keep in mind is that 1), your character must be sent to St. Arcadia as collateral (and their parents likely won't know why), and 2), that if they refuse, it would mean their complete destruction of name/business/social standing at the hands of the Morimotos.

brede4me

Name:Leslie

Position:Student

Sexual Preferences:Submissive, straight. Leslie is totally naive sexually. he like girls even though he is scared and totally in awe of them.

Appearance: Lithe, athletic, slim. He has an androgenous body, with little or no body hair and a small but developing genitals that he is extremely shy about.

Personality: Intelligent, yet very shy and unauthoratitive. lacking in social awareness and very shy, almost in awe of girls, having never been in close contact with them socially. He is gullible and trusting and likes to feel wanted.

Purpose at Arcadia: His parents are well educated professionals who like to be seen as caring to their children but in reality have little time for them. His mother has always denigrated him and he has found it impossible to please her although he has tried constantly. His father remains distant. Enrolled by his parents to toughen him up or confirm their fears of his latent feminine submissive nature - a kill or cure remedy as far as they are concerned. As far as he is concerned he had been taken out of the environment he knows and will look for guidance.

Vergil1989

that and you're too young according to E's rules.  16 I believe is the lowest you can go.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

NileGoddess

Vergil is right, brede4me. Please remove the age.

Furthermore, I will have to deny your application for several reasons. It's just far too lacking in information and detail, and as we have been discussing in previous posts with proposed characters, the reason for him to be at St. Arcadia is incorrect. No one gets in intentionally, it has to be because the Morimotos are blackmailing their family and holding them as leverage. In the meantime, they are turned into sexual slaves and whores.

EDIT: You still did not edit the age after modifying the profile...

Zaer Darkwail

Nile; would it be possible if his parents were Morimoto employees, with deep enough security clearance (and lots of hold on parents already because of their illegal activities) they would send their son or child to Arcadia? What if mother is former graduate from Arcadia whore school?

NileGoddess

No, I talked that idea over with Haibane. Too much leeway in the rules.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, so it's solid confirm that all students parents are blackmailed ruthlesly, may they be company own employees or not.

Nazora

((Is this better))

Purpose at Arcadia: Unbeknownst to Yukiko, the recession and tough economic times meant business was not booming for her fathers enterprises.  Yet the family income had gone up rather than declining. Her father had taken desperate measures and was embezzling money from employers pension funds and his company health care accounts. He was also participating in pyramid scheme that was about ready to come crumbling down. It seemed his fortune would take a turn for the worse and he'd lose everything.

But there was a way out, he could have all evidence of his crimes erased by a handsome sum of money in the form of an interest free loan that would insulate him when the pyramid scheme crashed. His crimes would be held over his head, blackmail plain and simple. But all he had to do is send his daughter to a prestigious academy. If he refused, he'd be left to answer to a host of rioting employees who had lost their pensions and their health benefits, and possibly be indicted in the involvement with a pyramid scheme as well.   

Yukiko would not be informed of why she was going away once again. It was simply another betrayal from her parents, she was getting used to them kicking her around and never consulting her. It was not her choice, but she would go St. Arcadia and give it a chance.
All about what I like!

Haibane

Nazora, it works best if her father is already a Morimoto Corp employee (the corporation is a huge multi-national with all kinds of industries under their umbrella; pretty much anything you wish to think of. Previous characters bios have mentioned pharmaceuticals, financial, computer manufacture, electronics components, military component supply, etc, etc). Then if her father had been embezzling from the Morimoto's pension funds, THAT would drop him in serious trouble. To do so he would probably be a senior manager in the pensions and finance division, allowing him the access needed to fiddle with bank accounts and funds, etc.

Its the fact he has his own company that is the problem. There is no reason the Morimotos would help a collapsing company that wasn't linked to them, just to get at a daughter of it's owner. They have the ability to get at cute girls many other ways that doesn't cost them a penny.

In fact IIRC in the anime EVERY student at the academy was the son or daughter of a Morimoto employee who had been blackmailed in some way to hand their child over, most often after having been caught defrauding the company in some way.

Brede4me - can you please read the first post to the thread, it sets the scene and gives structure for why each student is at the academy. No-one is simply enrolled in a vanilla fashion. Also this is Japan, so a character would need a Japanese name and nationality. We've had a couple of non-Japanese characters already but too many and it begins to unbalance the setting.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, what I remember is that my char's father was not Morimoto employee but he got simply so neck deep debted to Morimoto for helping clear his stuff up so he had no choice than give Sanada to Arcadia. In this scenario Morimoto created a debt cycle to Sanada's father and so they benefited from helping him as they get ten times their investment back. Would I need edit Sanada's reason in Arcadia? Chiba's reason aligns quite well with present strict standard.

Nazora

((Okay, I reread the front page as there was some new information and am going to resubmit an edit. I'm keeping the line about her desire to seek the truth in life mainly because of what I read on the front page. I added more information to her personality but didn't really change it. I'm going to make her father a Morimoto employee, an accountant for one of their companies.))

Player: Nazora

Name: Amigi Yukiko

Position: Student

Sexual Preferences: Yukiko knows very little about sex, or what her preferences are. She would tend to think herself more dominant as she is more or less used to getting her own way. Yukiko could not see herself being dominated and liking it, but she has never been in such a position before. She finds most men repulsive, in general she finds most people repulsive though. Her attitude toward her own sexuality has been ambivalent, as she has taken a wait and see approach to finding a boy. The only boy she ever really did like hasn't been around for five years, and has never written back to her. Deep down she is a romantic  with a very defined view of true love and how sexual relationships ought to be approached upon within it.

Appearance: Yukiko is slender, a late bloomer who's now nearly D-cup breasts prove just a little too big for her frame. This combined with her toned waist and neatly curved hips combined to make her a very desirable for the high school boys. She dyes her long hair blonde, and is always meticulous about touching up her roots so none of her original dark reddish brown hair shows. Her forest green eyes usually give away her apathy, but behind them is a grim determination to always seek the truth. Her lips are thin and pale, not the most kissable among the girls. It is very hard to get her to break from her stoic expression.

Personality: Yukiko is thoughtful and analytical person. She does not readily open up to people as she is serious and shy. Most times she is stoic about things, but can show bursts of emotion. Even when she really cares, she'll try to act like she could care less, even to the people she cares about the most. This has caused her some pain because of the distance it brings between her and her relatives and friends. It also makes some of her actions seem irrational because of the gaps between what she says and does. Her biggest flaw is that she likes to sleep a lot, so if she's not interested in a lecture she'll nod off instead of trying to pay attention, and she can tend to oversleep over in the mornings to her embarrassment. She holds loyalties and animosities very strongly. She has a strong desire to search out the reality of things, to know the truth no matter how repulsive she finds it. Yukiko is a bit moody, if she can bought out of her shell she can be playfully aggressive, a bit of a born leader, but she is also stubborn, persistent, and argumentative. She is never anti-social, but is very reserved when her defenses are up.

Background: Being born to an upper-middle class small family meant that Yukiko lacked for very little growing up. As a child she was very outgoing and playful, and made a lot of friends. She was one of the most popular girls in school and excelled at everything. It was when her father moved and she was forced away from the town she grew up that things changed. As a twelve year old, she barely ever came out of her room and slept all the time. She hated her parents for making her move away, hated the new town, hated her new school, and felt an intense loss at losing all her friends. Her grades plummeted, and she even had to drop out of school after becoming violently ill.

But she came out of it and went back to school, though she was never the same, she maintained a distance from everyone because she was afraid to make new friends lest she betray her old ones, or if she just had to leave again. At the age of sixteen her father had the opportunity to work as an accountant for a business run by the Morimotos, and her family moved again, just as she was starting to get comfortable with life in her new setting. It was then that she ran away from home. She was only gone a few days, she had gone back to her hometown to find that the people she obsessed over had moved own and barely even knew who she was. She resolved herself, went back home, and died her hair blonde.

In high school she started to excel again, as the only thing permanent seemed to be grades. She made a few friends, but would never let herself get close even when her feelings ran deep. Still, she remained especially distant and sarcastic with her parents, both her mother and her father, who she still secretly blamed for ruining her life.

Purpose at Arcadia:

Unbeknownst to Yukiko, her fathers increasing tastes for the finer things in life led him to embezzling money from employers pension funds of the pharmaceutical company he was charged with keeping the books for, as well as the company health care accounts.

His theft of company funds was soon discovered by the Morimotos, it seemed his fortunes would take a turn for the worse and the family would lose everything. But there was a way out, he could have all his crimes forgiven, be saved from jail, and even have the stolen funds converted into a low interest loan, all he had to do is give up his only daughter to St. Arcadia Academy. He wouldn't see her for a long time, but it was a prestigious academy that would prepare a gifted girl like her to achieve the highest goals. The decision was a rather easy one.   

Yukiko would not be informed of why she was going away, except to be told that this was a chance of a lifetime. Once again, it was simply another betrayal from her parents, she was getting used to them kicking her around and never consulting her. It was her father's choice, but she would go St. Arcadia and give it a chance. After all, he was just looking out to see that she received the best possible education, right?
All about what I like!

NileGoddess

Okay, she looks pretty good Nazora, as long as the shyness of her personality doesn't hinder any interaction with other players and characters.

Go ahead and post her in the student directory, which you can find in the OOC (linked on the first post). The OOC is on the first post here too. Feel free to introduce yourself to the rest of the game! We can start to discuss how to get your character into play.

Crowe

Hello everyone, I have two questions: Is this still active? Is it related to the Primrose Academy RP?

I'd like to enter the game as a male student if there's an opening.

Annie

Quote from: Crowe on May 07, 2012, 09:00:36 PM
Hello everyone, I have two questions: Is this still active? Is it related to the Primrose Academy RP?

Very active. ^^

And no, it isn't related to Primrose Academy at all. It's related with the anime/game Discipline: Record of a Crusade.

Quote from: Crowe on May 07, 2012, 09:00:36 PM

I'd like to enter the game as a male student if there's an opening.

NileGoddess can answer you about that. She's the GM here. ^^

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Crowe

Alrighty then, I'll wait for a response. Thank you :-)

NileGoddess

Hi Crowe,
Yes, we are still very active, and no, this game is not related to Primrose.

Feel free to post a male character profile here. I will direct you towards the first post, which should have all the information you need as to what we are looking for in characters, and it is preferred to have male characters in a submissive orientation. Please feel free to PM me any questions you have.

Crowe

Cool, I already have an idea for a character and I'll make a first draft soon. One thing though, since the RP has started already, this character would need to be an exchange student or something, right? I mean, he would be arriving after classes start and all.

Annie

Not really. We're just in the second day at school. Your character would be there already, you need only to decide the best place to start.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

NileGoddess

Like Annie said, we are on the second day, so no real need to make them an exchange student just yet. Eventually, we'll do some kind of jump in time to further ahead in the school year just to get out of the 'newness' of the situation. Otherwise, if you join now, we can just assume your character has been there from day one.