a question about website advertisement

Started by Ember Star, March 17, 2012, 10:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

I have a small forum website of my own that I wish to attract more members to. Some websites are funny about advertising other websites, so I thought I'd ask. When I'm approved can I post the web address to my website some place where everybody can see it (like my location), or does Elliquiy not permit that?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

jouzinka

Hello and welcome to Elliquiy. :-)

As the Rules say: "You may link to your site in your signature as long as: 1) The site links back to us; 2) It is not a pay site; and 3) It is not a referral or affiliate link."

You can paste the link to your signature. That way everyone who views your profile will see it and it will also get attached to your posts. ;)

I'd like to point out, though, that approval is never guaranteed for anyone. Sometimes it just doesn't happen, so it's always "If I'm approved." ;) Best of luck with your intro. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Ember Star

Ah. Okay. Thank you! I'll have to read through the rules again. I think it was like 2am when I read them the first time. Lol.

Yeah I know there's no promise I'll get approved. It was just automatic for me to say "when" instead of "if"
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

jouzinka

No problem at all, Kitten. It's more about protecting you and your potential hurt feelings than anything else. ;)

You're welcome and don't worry about the Rules. I still give them a perusal occasionally. ;)

See you around. :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A