Hell On Earth(Recruiting:Supernatural, Extreme, Apocalyptic, Slavery, Sandbox)

Started by Drake Valentine, April 26, 2017, 12:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

OOC
Character Thread - Post here with accepted sheets.

Before I begin describing the context of the game, I am going to start off with the rules. These are something I see more important; and keep in mind you are to also abide to the Site’s Rules as well. Failure to comply to rules of the site within my game will result in reporting; failure to comply to my rules will result in a removal from my game. Though I am usually an easy going guy, I will not tolerate any nonsense or BS in my game, if you may feel this is too much or any the rules are, do not join.

I will also note this game is of a fictional religious nature. If you are a heavy religious sort and may take offense to such content, then this game is probably not the best suitable for you.

RULES
I. LGBT Friendly.
II. No OOC Drama.
III. Two-Three paragraph minimum posting.
IV. Third Person Narrative.
V. Respect Other Player's O/Os and Preferences
VI. Non-Con and Extremities must be agreed upon by whatever party they are targeting.
VII. No Godmoding, Powerplaying, or Metagaming; without the consensus of who it affects.
VIII. No killing off other players' characters,  unless you have permission from the player of such.
IX. Inform me and others for extended inactivity period. After a month of no announcing of going away, you will be ejected from the game.
X. Problems are to be brought to me or fellow GMs through PM.
XI. Additional Rules and Edits may be added, depending on concerns. An update to such will always be included prior of doing so.
XII. My Word is Law. 

Failure to comply to any of these rules will result in warnings and a removal from the game. Bold roman numerals are immediate bans from my game if not respected. Three warnings and you are kicked out otherwise to everything else. You may or may not be allowed to rejoin depending on severity of offenses that resulted in kicking; if you are allowed to rejoin, if there is a second kicking, don't bother reapplying for a third time.

Introductory

When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.
— Revelation 6:7-8

After two decades, the war for humanity has already came and passed with a cost on both fronts and a toll upon mortality that was caught between the battle of good and evil. In the end, it was the demons who triumphed by finding a spell powerful enough to seal heaven to prevent any more divine reinforcements intruding upon their plans. Now Earth is finally their playpen and there has been many of their kin dreaming of an escape from their once damned Haven. Still, requirements are necessary for them to make due with living in the mortal realm and lingering angelic presences are also a danger as are certain factions of their kin who may align themselves to the Prime Evils to attempt to gain more favor. Even claimed, Earth is still a dog eat dog world, more so than ever than before.

Though humanity is one of the commodities upon Earth these days. Mortals are required for any to take possession of, otherwise beings may just hover around without much interaction in their more spiritual forms. This has made the value of live humans extremely high and many demons have begun to cultivate and farm these individuals by granting them places to continue to live and thrive. Some demons have even left mortals alone completely in various cities or towns so that they can continue to populate; before harvest season. Again, humanity is what grounds any otherworlder to the mortal plane.

Not all humans are allowed such a privilege, not all that survived the chaos between the former angel and demon war may escape the hell from the demons that targeted their cities. Life is not a paradise for the mortals who may share living with such entities; it is an adjustment at best. There is no telling when their love ones would be corrupted and turned into the next meatsuit for a new demon to wear. There is also no telling of the despicable acts that the demons may force upon the humans. Still, this doesn’t always mean all humans share that terrible fate in the same city of demons. Some of the beasts may take upon mortals as simple serfs or servants to fulfill their needs. Not all of hell’s creatures are twisted and sadistic.

So thus begins the demon reign upon Earth and how mortality copes with such. It has already been five years and many places upon the Earth are still in shambles; but the present city dubbed Proserpina is steadily recovering from the devastation of the divine war. The demon governing over the provenience of these mortals has made it an effort for them to repair and restore their homes; all the while keeping up the commodity and value the mortals possess. The city has became a no killing zone; meatskins cannot be so needlessly wasted and it isn’t rare for hunting parties to be sent out to other areas to cultivate more mortals for the provenience. Again, humans are valuable; whether farming for their souls or turning them into suits for other demons or fallen to wear. There is also just the collecting of them as slaves/pets or additional hands for the rebuilding process.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

All Necessary Knowledge

Closed World Building - This is still a WIP

Interest Check
Drake Valentine - GM
Jane Storm - Co GM
TheHangedMan
TheLegionary
Amarlo
lore
Lady Sakura
WhatLiesAbove

Face Claims
Drake Valentine - MIKKELSEN, Mads (For Demon Mayor)
Drake Valentine - Dawid Auguścik (Fallen)
TheHangedMan - Andrew Lee Potts (Witch)
lore - Caitriona Balfe (Slave)
Jane Storm -  la_esmeralda (Demon Town Judge)

Character Template
Regarding Sheet Submission: You can either post the sheet here or send it to PM to me and Jane Storm. I will only ask that you avoid posting NSFW images on forum request page with your sheet, it may be better to PM that to us with your template; as the request area is a public board for guests/nonmembers to stumble upon.

Character Sheet Template (Code at Bottom of spoiler)

General Basics
Character Faceclaim:
Model/Actor/Ect claiming
Name:
Name of your character goes here.
Aliases:
Titles and whatnot if applicable.
Role:
Their role/job/duty/station/etc in society.
Race:
Their general race.
Hierarchy:
If applicable.
Sexuality:
What floats their boats.
What they are or identify as. (Male/Female/Transgender)

More In-depth Knowledge
Appearance:
Can be a basic outline template or notable traits.
Personality:
Can be key traits. 
Strengths:
Things they may be good at.
Weaknesses:
Things they may suck at. Ideally, I want to see a con for every pro one may list for a character.
Powers:
If applicable. Refer to racial powers.
History:
A paragraph or so of ones upbringing. This can be before, during, or after the war events. The war itself lasted twenty years, the game is taking place five years after the aftermath of the demon victory.

Other Information
Dislikes:
If applicable. Nonsexual things.
Player Ons:
General player ons/kinks. Feel free to quicker list to an O/Os or Preferences or both page. This is only here as a means of something that may be different from what your character's ons/offs may be. (Such as you maybe wanting your character to be victimized, clearly would be something they may not like unless they are masochist.)
Player Offs:
General offs as far as adult content and whatnot, feel free to link as well if either page is up.
Character Ons:
The naughty bits, if same as player then state so.
Character Offs:
Other naughty bits, if same as player, state so.
Relations:
Be it towards NPCs or worked out relations involving other players’ characters.
Additional:
Anything not covered, feel free to change ‘additional’ as well to anything else you may wish to include and list afterwards following that. Otherwise list NA or delete the additional section.

[float=right][img height=350]IMGURLHERE(Real models preferred)[/img][/float]

[center][color=red][size=12pt]General Basics[/size][/color][/center]
[b]Character Faceclaim:[/b]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Aliases:[/b]

[b]Role:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Hierarchy:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Sexuality: [/b]

[b]Gender: [/b]

[center][color=red][size=12pt]More In-depth Knowledge[/size][/color][/center]
[b]Appearance: [/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]Strengths: [/b]

[b]Weaknesses: [/b]

[b]Powers: [/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[center][color=red][size=12pt]Other Information[/size][/color][/center]
[b]Likes:[/b]

[b]Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Player Ons:[/b]

[b]Player Offs:[/b]

[b]Character Ons: [/b]

[b]Character Offs:[/b]

[b]Relations:[/b]

[b]Additional:[/b]

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Drake Valentine

Regarding Project

So what exactly is this game? Hell Rising, now known as Hell on Earth, is a sandbox geared game where demons have already won the supernatural battle between good and evil and practically rule over earth. It is a grim based world, where humanity has been reduced to nothing more than a form of currency or better yet, commodity given the circumstances. More importantly, it is also a slice of life, which sadly I have no room to fit that quirk within the subject itself.

Are there slavery themes? Why yes, there are. Does this make this a slavery game or master/mistresses and slaves? No, not at all. I will not turn players away if that is what they seek, it is one concept, but it is a minor concept. The main object of slavery itself is how humans are foreseen as basic cattle within the city, where most(not all) of the RP will be taking place. It is a city where humans coexist with demons, fallen, and whatever angels that may surface as well. Is it a happy go lucky life? Well, I doubt you can call the mortals living the dream, but within Proserpina, it is a better life than outside the city limits. Earth has basically became a jungle, not all demons that now reign conform to the rules that the mayor has set out to keep the city peaceful and maintain a steady flow of mentioned 'commodity.' Proserpina just happens to be the lesser of evils.

In the future, depending on roster, I would like to incorporate various events to keep things lively. Of course, I don't mind player driven events either(long as they run it by me first to see if okay, I rather avoid heavy city destruction/killing unless it is planned out.) I would like for things to branch from the city from time to time, but again the city itself is the main base/focus point of survival. 

I have also derived some elements from the tv series Supernatural. Now, this is not a Supernatural game, this has little to do with the show.  The main elements I took from it was demon/angel ability of possession and spun it slightly my way to fit whatever ranks of power those races are. The same went for Reapers, which in the show I don't believe they possessed the dead or anyone. Nephilim and Anti-Christs got nerfed cause if you watched the show, lets face it, they are too OP. And the powers were all sourced from that Supernatural Wiki along with weaknesses that I just organized as best as I could for those races and modified slightly as well.  Though those were the only few things sourced. 

Additional

I am just going to be bit lazy here and copy/edit some of my former additional notes for my games.

This game will have multi threads(depending on amount of applicants) those that know me when I create things, I tend to not like for a roleplay to center around a single thread. This game will also likely be pretty smut heavy in some fields, although I still encourage player plottings with one another.

Characters will be represented by Real People, since all hosts are that of humans; it is just easier and simpler to focus on live models or whatnot than that of art/anime/etc.

Content of this game will be extreme; not everyone is expected to partake in such. I do not limit extremities in the games I create as long as they do not violate E rules, then all is fine. Again, you must have strict consent with your writing partner with any material you wish to produce with them and warning labels should be included in post tags.

Do not start anything major without my permission. Such as an uprising or revolt or something like that. I promise you, it will not end pretty for your character(s) and any involved; do not go around destroying my world. Sandbox, yes, but you start blowing up part of the city/town or mass murdering NPCs and we are going to also have problems. Just because the city/town is overrun by demons does not mean they will continuous do such destructive behavior now that it is subjugated under their control and in the process of being rebuilt. Remember, various actions will have consequences and don't test me on this; unless you want a bad end for your character.

Drake Valentine

Updates
May 18, 2017 - Humans/Reapers done, more or less.
May 15, 2017 - Small human/damned progress done in race info/hierarchy
May 03, 2017 - Still around, just busy. Slow work pacing currently.
April 27, 2017 -  Reapers mostly done.
April 26, 2017 - General concept/outline booted up.

Sephiriel

TheHangedOne

Tentative interest. *Curls up on Jane's lap.* Curious about what sorts of information will appear on the Humans/Damned, since that is most likely what I would play.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Sephiriel

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Drake Valentine

Sorry for delay in response, just been busy with other project/real world.

Thank you all for the interest, though work may be bit slower on this.

As for humans/damned, most are normal mortals. Beyond those that may acquire some extent of magic/power through demon pacts.

Most of the information/inspiration comes from the Supernatural series; although I am not basing it on said series. Just more or less how some elements were as far as with possession/powers.

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

lore

Lady Sakura

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Amarlo on May 15, 2017, 06:34:17 PM
Tentative interest. I'll be keeping an eye open. :)

Thanks for interest. :)

Quote from: lore on May 17, 2017, 12:17:59 PM
I'd be in for a builder.

Good to hear. ^-^

Quote from: Lady Sakura on May 18, 2017, 12:36:37 PM
Attentively interested. Will bookmark this.

Thanks for interest.

Any who, most general info is complete. May update humans later bit further; probably with Nephilim(Angel/Human hybrid) side; which will share similarities to Tainted as far as allowed amount of powers goes and whatnot.

Only things left now is location deciding(ICly wise), some touch-ups, and then area sorting whenever location is decided upon.  *Lazeeeeee.*

TheHangedOne

I'd like to play as a male witch; most likely with the powers of healing, telekinesis, and limited teleportation.

You mention Potion Brewing as a Witch/Warlock skill, but what exactly are the limitations of that? Do potions simply mimic spells (and if so, what are the limitations on that? Could we make a Potion of Soul Reading?)?
Check out my poet tree!

Drake Valentine

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 18, 2017, 01:32:54 PM
I'd like to play as a male witch; most likely with the powers of healing, telekinesis, and limited teleportation.

You mention Potion Brewing as a Witch/Warlock skill, but what exactly are the limitations of that? Do potions simply mimic spells (and if so, what are the limitations on that? Could we make a Potion of Soul Reading?)?

Sounds fine to me.

As far as Potion Brewing, most potion effects are rather temporary. Some may or may not be used in conjunction of spells; and their effects also do generally vary. I don't see Soul Reading as an issue, but again, such effects would not last long as with any other potion. Other examples are that of 'love' potions, concoctions that emit deep sleep/paralysis, some that may allow users or whoever drinks to temporarily see hidden supernatural, communication with animals, minor healing, limited physical enhancement(though no where near demon/angels,)  temporarily invulnerability(to some extent,)  etc, etc. Other potions may briefly enhance whatever current user's powers to a small extent.

Of course, I probably should put a number of effects at one time one could probably have active with potions. I mean, wouldn't want someone  drinking all sorts of things and getting buff, after buff, after buff, after buff; without expecting some form of magical/concoction overdose.   

TheHangedOne

Maybe just say that the inherent powers of potions cancel each other out, or that one will override the next? I imagine the metaphysics involved are pretty persnickety and fickle things.

Also, I totally see some Witches being, like, Potion pushers. Like some sort of magical drug dealers.
Check out my poet tree!

Sephiriel

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 18, 2017, 02:14:13 PM

Also, I totally see some Witches being, like, Potion pushers. Like some sort of magical drug dealers.

With everything going on in the world, people would want to get high. Badly. Totally legit idea as I see it ;D

As usual I am having trouble deciding on a race. You make them all seem so cool, Drake. Reapers are on top of my list though, and I feel the need to clear something up - for the races other than humans/ damned, the physical form comes only after possession? Like everyone basically chooses a race, but they all look human?

Drake Valentine

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 18, 2017, 02:14:13 PM
Maybe just say that the inherent powers of potions cancel each other out, or that one will override the next? I imagine the metaphysics involved are pretty persnickety and fickle things.

That also sounds good, such as only one effect being active at a time.

Quote from: Jane Storm on May 18, 2017, 02:26:32 PM
With everything going on in the world, people would want to get high. Badly. Totally legit idea as I see it ;D

As usual I am having trouble deciding on a race. You make them all seem so cool, Drake. Reapers are on top of my list though, and I feel the need to clear something up - for the races other than humans/ damned, the physical form comes only after possession? Like everyone basically chooses a race, but they all look human?

Yes, everyone is more or less physically appealing human. As all races generally end up possessing a human host. Demons are smokes in the mortal physical realm when they are in their 'actual form.'  Celestial are 'light.' Reapers can make themselves visible at any time, but they too need that of a physical body. Honestly, all races, beyond natural human or their deviants, are pretty much hijacking human bodies. See possession.

WhatLiesAbove

Drake Valentine

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on May 18, 2017, 10:43:11 PM
Has potential, I'm tentatively interested!

Hello and thanks for interest.

Still about, been dealing with cold(or something, could be allergies) and location seeking for in game ICly wise.

One of few that stood out was Beaufort, South Carolina. Which is basically a small city that caught my eye given scenery/images I could scourge up with Google-fu. Which is not set in stone as location, I still been looking around.

Of course I am always open to other area suggestions, just know I can be a bit Geographically challenged.

TheHangedOne

Well, why not just set it in a place 'inspired by'? Anytown USA, for instance, or "In the countryside of Europe". I often times use generic such locales, and build a location up from scratch, as it allows for a lot more creative liberties.

Just my two cents, though; feel free to use, abuse, or discard as you see fit.
Check out my poet tree!

Drake Valentine

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 21, 2017, 02:42:26 PM
Well, why not just set it in a place 'inspired by'? Anytown USA, for instance, or "In the countryside of Europe". I often times use generic such locales, and build a location up from scratch, as it allows for a lot more creative liberties.

Just my two cents, though; feel free to use, abuse, or discard as you see fit.

Aye, I may do something similar then with ease.

Which did, updated city name in in opening post along with small timeline of war/aftermath.  Kudos if you can guess why I choose that for city name, bit of tongue in cheek if you follow other particular lore(the only hint.)

Along with update character sheet template in and face claim if any want to go ahead and claim a face before or during sheet working.

Also no need for anyone to feel rush in working on any sheets; it likely won't be till the coming weekend things may be finally up and running(at latest, hopefully, in the least.) Thank you all for your continued patience.

I'll still be about to answer any additional questions as soon as I can.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Drake Valentine

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 22, 2017, 10:18:06 AM
I'd like to make a faceclaim for Andrew Lee Potts.

Done. Assuming for witch, will change it if otherwise.