A Little Cold War Intrigue with Your Adult RP perhaps?

Started by deraxeman, May 08, 2005, 10:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deraxeman

I'm kicking around an idea in my head for a new game and wondered if there might be any interest in this particular setting and approach.   I'm considering a game focused on espionage in the late 60s/early 70s (or an approximation thereof).  I'm thinking The Avengers/The Prisoner/Swinging London/Bond with a dark edge and a bit of psychedelic feel.  The game would be open to a variety of scenarios, from Bond-like spy seduction to wicked, mind-warping interrogations using psycho-active drugs to bizarre conspiracies.  Characters could work for western nations or the eastern bloc.  Blackmail, extortion, bribery,etc. all would play a part.   Real-world politics wouldn't really enter into it, serving as merely a backdrop, with folks employed by places like "the Ministry," "the Agency" or the "Home Office."

I'm curious to know if anyone might be interested. I see it as in the Heavy category, though I'd focus on plot and roleplaying as well as sex.

Lirliel

I'm game! Always wanted to play Alexndra Dischova my russian spy.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

NightBird

Count me in!  Calm, cool Brit a la Emma Peel for me!

Brandon

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Amberghylles

bloodrose

definitely...i'm good at english characters *grin* but wouldn't mind having a go at a russian
bloodrose's Ons and Offs

Lyria

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Akhanu

A russian camarad here, say the name to be Yevgeni Filipov. 

Has anyone seen that wonderful ars... personality of Alexndra Dischova? :p  :D
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

Lirliel

What are you implying comrade Filipov, the KGB would like you adressing one of there prime agents as a piece of ass.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Akhanu

Don't worry, tavarish Dischova. I already have all the paperwork completed for everything. I had to fight really hard to have the admnistration giv up that nickname I so much detested for you, that "nipl-bite" or what was that..!
Experience Chan! There's neither distance nor intimacy. Observation is like a family treasure. Whether with eyes, ears, body, nose, or tongue - It's hard to say which is the most amazing to use.
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

deraxeman

Of course, Comrade Filipov changed his name.  The original was Shrivelup Andropov.  ;D

On another note: I'll probably not be starting this game right away.  I did want to gauge interest though.  Glad to see there is a good deal of it.

Akhanu

Yap. Whenever you decide for a go, you now know to have two perfectly aligned russian agents achieving the best teamwork there can be :D

I hope Lirliel-player didn't mind my idiot comments regarding her russian agent character. :)
-  Master Xu Yun

Ons and Offs

Lirliel

Not at all, when its all a joke and good fun you can tease me as much as you'd like ;)

Pixie

I'll be different and be CIA girl. ;-) Or would that be CIA Pixie?

Rett Butler

I like the premise. Long live the Queen. There's nothing like a British spy.

kylie

Hmm, I still have a Thai mercenary lounging around who likes to be on top of things... but she could use a good fall every so often...

This sounds interesting.

3ldr1tch

Sounds good to me. Count me in. (Its a definate bonus if I get to seduce an Amy Lee lookalike *grins*).
The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

- H.P. Lovecraft ("The Call of Cthulhu")

Lirliel

*Smirks* Yeah thought this was a nice pic of Amy. But my characters won't be like her, couldn't possible pretend to play such a great person.

*Jammers on about 30 minutes about Evanescence and Amy Lee, then realises nobody's really listening and shuts up*

kylie

I love the look of Evanescence, but know next to nothing (except a few of their nifty lyrics and a costume shot or two).  You can babble at me for a bit, I might learn something.

3ldr1tch

Quote from: kylie on May 12, 2005, 07:37:29 AM
I love the look of Evanescence, but know next to nothing (except a few of their nifty lyrics and a costume shot or two).  You can babble at me for a bit, I might learn something.

I take it you've heard their music, though? Next to Within Temptation, they are one of my favourite bands.
The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

- H.P. Lovecraft ("The Call of Cthulhu")

Lirliel

*Quirks eyebrow* Whoot! Another Within Temptation fan, the only good thing in Holland I reckon :D

Ps, for telling you about Evanescence... well this might not be the place, wouldn't want to fill up the thread with 'bs' :P

Iago

I'd be interested in giving this one a go, too.

If Pixie doesn't mind, I'd like to give playing a CIA agent a shot...  ;D

And if the CIA's not taking any new members...how about an Irishman who works for...who knows?  ;)

Iago

kylie

Xerial

If it is, I have an agent (Likely CIA, possibly freelance) kicking around, one I've played extensively elsewhere...

LordAnubis

Might be able to put together someone fun to play.