New Potterverse book on the way?

Started by Callie Del Noire, June 17, 2011, 02:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on June 19, 2011, 07:28:55 PM
I got sixteen (four behind the words, if you count the flyer, and 12 on the branches in 'front').

I'm counting around 21 or so now.

Oniya

That's what I get, too.  17 on the branches, and the four behind.  I swear, one of them appeared after I started counting.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Oniya

33 owls with a little over 12 hours to go.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on June 22, 2011, 05:23:00 PM
33 owls with a little over 12 hours to go.

HUGE Numbers of them.. with 6 1/2 hours to go.

Wolfy

Calling it, Potter MMO...^-^

Why else would many owls be gathering?

We're all going to Hogwarts. :D

Kendra

just a little over one hour left!!

YAY! can't wait  ;D

okay an online unique reading experience

am intrigued I guess but have no further need to follow the owl will wait till October  ::)

TheGlyphstone

From Mugglenet:
For this groundbreaking collaborative project, J.K. Rowling has written extensive new material about the characters, places and objects in the much-loved stories, which will inform, inspire and entertain readers as they journey through the storylines of the books. Pottermore will later incorporate an online shop where people can purchase exclusively the long-awaited Harry Potter eBooks, in partnership with J.K. Rowling’s publishers worldwide, and is ultimately intended to become an online reading experience, extending the relevance of Harry Potter to new generations of readers, while still appealing to existing fans. As the Pottermore Shop develops, it is intended that it should include further products designed specifically for Harry Potter fans, offering a potential outlet for Sony products and services related to Pottermore. In keeping with Harry Potter’s international appeal, the site will launch in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish, with more languages to follow.

In the new website, the storyline will be brought to life with sumptuous newly-commissioned illustrations and interactive ‘Moments’ through which you can navigate, starting with the first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s (Sorcerer’s) Stone. On entering, you choose a magic username and begin your experience. As you move through the chapters, you can read and share exclusive writing from J.K. Rowling, and, just as Harry joins Hogwarts, so can you. You visit Diagon Alley, get sorted into a house, cast spells and mix potions to help your house compete for the House Cup.

At a press conference at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, Rowling revealed some key features of the website. In an announcement which will thrill fans, she described how she has brought to life both the Sorting Hat and Ollivanders experiences from her books for the first time on Pottermore, by revealing the questions asked by the Sorting Hat - which places newcomers into their Hogwarts houses according to their characteristics - and the magic behind the Wand Chooser – which finds the right wand for each user from over 33,000 possible combinations. She also revealed glimpses of the new information she has provided on some of the best-loved characters.

Pottermore will later incorporate an online shop where people can purchase exclusively the long-awaited Harry Potter eBooks, in partnership with J.K. Rowling’s publishers worldwide,
Rejoice, Calli!

Callie Del Noire

I would.. if I could submit my email for the early trial!!!!!!

Jag

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 23, 2011, 10:31:02 AM
I would.. if I could submit my email for the early trial!!!!!!

So I'm not the only one having issues getting their email to submit...?
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on June 23, 2011, 10:33:14 AM
So I'm not the only one having issues getting their email to submit...?

Given she's one of the most read authors in history..and a self made billionaire by dint of the books and the properties thereof? Doubtful, I'm sure that there will be a great many folks who aren't getting the 'submit your email' button to work.

Callie Del Noire

Jag

Should be working now. It just let me submit mine (finally).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on June 23, 2011, 07:13:03 PM
Should be working now. It just let me submit mine (finally).

Got mine submitted finally.. anyone gets in.. please share what it is like? Not sure I can wait till October.

Wolfy

So it's not new books. Just more background story and expansions on characters. o3o

Jag

Kendra

I'm not the greatest fan of E-books myself though I have quite a few of them to get through  ::)

but ended up caving yesterday and put in my own submission
Roll on July !! ;D

Jag

I was actually kind of hoping for an Official Potterverse Encyclopedia, but I think I can be happy with the things she's described for the site.

Kendra

oh Snap Michi - I was too

felt a bit let down when watching the vid yesterday morning think that's why I didn't bother following the owl till later lmao

Braioch

Lord knows I sent my e-mail in, can't believe I forgot about this announcement, well I'm certainly excited about what they're talking about ;D
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Kendra

So with one HP hype over another begins ... or ends.

Am going tonight to see it and feel like I should bring a box of kleenex with me.
It's the end of an era - my rp experiences started thanks to HP

I loved watching the premiere in London the other night on tv - but even felt emotional at that

any one else looking forward to the movie but feeling sad about it being the last one?

NotoriusBEN

I have a tenuous knowledge of the potterverse, in that I listened to books 1, 2, and 3 on tape, and have watched all the movies. The movies are what I know, and while its a travesty to some, I dont feel like owning the books.

There will be mixed emotions like all stories and movies ive read/seen to completion. If it tops Star Wars III Vader scene, I'll be surprised at myself. Is it just me or does the final videogame look like a Gears of War/Halo3 promo with its drama/intensity? I know the kid gloves are off, but its a remarkable shift from the 1st game :P

Crappy thing is, I cant find the promo for the game, but it has Harry walking across a bridge while the schoolkids are fighting the other black wizards in slow motion. Bricks and mortar are being kicked up everywhere and Harry is moving towards Voldemort as if nothing else exits.