News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A crazy MtG idea... SLIVERS!

Started by Quezvax, December 17, 2017, 07:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quezvax

So, a wacky, crazy, out-of-right-field idea popped into my head the other day.

I’m a casual MtG player, and my favorite deck is my sliver deck.  I’ve always had fun with it.  I prefer the artwork of the old style slivers, but the humanoid ones in the M14/M15 sets made me start to think…

What if they’re no longer mindless?  What if they have personalities, thoughts and ambitions, feelings?  Certainly, they share a bond no other race does.  After all that they’ve been through, however, surely the worlds have… opened them up.  Expounded upon what they were, to shape them into something new.  They’ve always adapted.  Is full-blown sapience a boon, or a curse to them?

My thinking is the ‘primes’, the best known slivers, those that grant an ability to all near them, come about in a number of ways.

1   Adaptation by lesser slivers.  Those who lack any special characteristics, the simple slivers, can, through adversity or environmental forces, be changed.  This changes them into primes, who share their new ability with the rest.

2   Conventional conception.  Slivers can reproduce sexually.  They frequently do not result in primes, but they do sometimes result in new kinds of slivers.

3   Created by the greaters.  The sliver legends, the Queen, Overlord, Legion, and Hivelord, can create new primes.  It’s quite the expenditure of mana and effort, but a necessary form of adaptation and survival.

4   Indoctrination.  Some primes weren’t born as slivers.  Other humanoids, or in some cases monsters or beasts, are occasionally taken into the hive and twisted and morphed into new slivers, as a source of new abilities and strength.  For most it is a… traumatic birth.  Some may cling to what they used to be, others might submit to the will of the hive.  A rare few might even voluntarily undergo the metamorphosis.

So… these are my thoughts.  Far from a solid, ready-to-play idea, but I’m hoping for more brainstorming and interest.

Please do not reply to this thread.  Feel free to shoot me a PM.  I'm also posting this as a possible group idea.
Kinks! Ideas!  A/A
Should you decide to ghost me, I will respect your wishes and leave you be.  However, I promise that never shall I ghost you.

Quezvax

Still hoping to find some interest in this ^.^;;
Kinks! Ideas!  A/A
Should you decide to ghost me, I will respect your wishes and leave you be.  However, I promise that never shall I ghost you.