The Return of Sailor Moon

Started by Pastel Kitkat, April 09, 2011, 02:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

I don't actually recall ever seeing much of the English-dubbed Sailor Moon anime - my first anime had to be Digimon or Cardcaptor Sakura (the terrible version by Nelvana, sadly), and I distinctly remember watching Sailor Moon with subs... so I might well have gotten my hands on the fansubbed Japanese anime. Most of my exposure was only to the anime version, though, and not the manga, so I'll definitely be happy to see how the two versions compare!
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Major Major

Zakharra

Quote from: Shjade on April 25, 2011, 04:05:54 AM
I'm not sure what mine was, come to think of it. The top three contenders are Voltron, Thundercats and Nausicaa - Valley of the Wind. Of course, that just means those are the first entries in that field that I remember, so...

Voltron, Nausicaa - Valley of the Wind (Love that one! I have the books too!), Captain Harlock were my introductions to anime. Sailor Moon, I cannot stand. I rate it up there with My Little Ponies, Pound Puppies, Thundercats and a few others in ickiness for me.

Shjade

Quote from: Zakharra on April 26, 2011, 06:36:55 PM
Nausicaa - Valley of the Wind (Love that one! I have the books too!)
Not that the movie was the most uplifting of films, but the manga series, by comparison, is such a downer for so long.

But in a good way.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Zakharra

Quote from: Shjade on April 29, 2011, 03:22:56 AM
Not that the movie was the most uplifting of films, but the manga series, by comparison, is such a downer for so long.

But in a good way.

Yes. The manga puts in a LOT more detail that is left out in the movie. I noticed that some of the names of creatures and vehicals were different between the books and movie.

Damn..  now I will be digging them out and rereading them tomorrow.

ELizzyK

Oh my god, my friend and I are SO FREAKING EXCITED!  And all our other friends are like okay so it's nice meet another fellow enthusiast!  You know, as cheesy and dubbed and changed as the English anime is, I will always still love it and be obsessed (even though the manga is of course better).  I def do hope that in the re-release that they are a lot more truer to the storyline though.  Yet there are still a few things I love in the American anime.  Like, the music for when Sailor Moon changed in the beginning of the show and the song from Serena's necklace locket thing I think is so pretty.  Also, I liked her voice soooo much better in like the first few episodes, she sounded way more her age.  Anyway, nice to see the excitement!  Oh, and yea that's unbelievably awesome Sailor V's story is being released too, I always wanted to read it.