Mecha Mashup Interest Check! (REBOOT)

Started by Outlaw Fallen, January 20, 2014, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on February 20, 2015, 05:07:56 PM
Edward, here is another mecha site to take a glance at if need be:
http://www.mahq.net/
It has some different mecha's and gets really technical with them so you can bounce around and get a well rounded mech idea.

As for me? I have no flip clue what to even think about picking to start with.... If there is still any openings that is!

That is where I get my Gundam stats. :P

Macross Mecha Manual takes it stats from The Macross Chronicle Magazines, along with there pictures.

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on February 21, 2015, 06:42:34 AM
I'll take a look then and see what comes to mind character wise... Mecha wise is going to be a toughie as well... Hmm... Maybe the Gundam Alex? Should totally rewatch War in the Pocket...

Enjoyed war in a pocket, definitely was a fun watch. Love the ending personally.

Robelwell202

Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Outlaw Fallen

Yeah, though I honestly don't recall why you dropped out the first time around. It hasn't started yet as I've got a lot on my plate and am in the stages of redesigning it.
"I fought the decisions that called and lost
My mark has the relevant piece in this
I will come reformed
In short, for the murder of those I court
I bless the hour that holds your fall
I will kill you all" - Coheed & Cambria
A/A's UPDATED! (6/6/19) | Desires | Outlaw-bait

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

Robelwell202

I think my own time constraints had something to do with my dropping out.  So, if I could re-enter it, I'll come in with my Arbalest (And see if I can find some stats for it).

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Outlaw Fallen

I should probably say that getting wrapped up in stats is a waste of time, as this will not be based in stats. Every mech will be relatively scaled since the difference in size between a gundam and, say, Anubis is despairing, to say the least. I mean, if you want to learn more about the mech you are picking up, I would never discourage that, just... don't get wrapped up in technical specs.

This wasn't just directed at you, Robelwell.
I will come reformed

"Doesn't love always begin that way; with the illusion more real than the woman?" - Jean-Luc Picard

CaptainNexus616

*Stares in awe and wonder at the site of this interest check* C-C-Could I bring in Gurren Lagann???
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Outlaw Fallen

The guy who called it in the last game has not resurfaced to claim it again, so it's yours. Just be aware, it's not going to be the same thing that throws universes as a weapon >.>
I will come reformed

CaptainNexus616

Wasn't the plan I'm only going to use the regular Gurren Lagann. So no Arc, Super Galaxy or Tengan Toppa...heck I couldn't even do Tengan Toppa if I wanted too since I would need a Super Spiral Universe for that trick.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Robelwell202

Quote from: Outlaw Fallen on February 22, 2015, 09:26:44 AM

This wasn't just directed at you, Robelwell.

Oh, no biggie.  I'm cool.  :)

My understanding is that the Arbalest (AS well as the basic M9 Armslave chassis it's based on) is roughly 1/3rd the height of a standard-sized Gundam, like Mac's RX-79(G).  Unfortunately, stats for the arbalest are hard to come by, so I'll have to wing it as far as the weapons and the Lambda Driver.

O/O
A/A
Ideas

SargentToughie

I would advise against having the Lambda Driver put into this game in the same way that it's used in the Anime... It would basically be the same thing as somebody pulling out Nanomachines, or Spiral Energy.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Sasquatch421

I'm still interested, but having a tough time picking.... Re-watched War in the Pocket and now have the MS-18E Kampfer stuck in my head along with the RX-78NT-1 Alex... I also saw something about the suits being summoned and of course the GF13-017NJII God Gundam popped into my head as well. Though the Shining Gundam would probably suit better since that was the one you wondered where it would appear at every episode...

Inerrant Lust

So basically.... Tech Romancer?

I feel like I would want to play a Battletech style big dumb tank-thing pilot. :P

Hmmm..