News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Klingon Christmas Carol

Started by HockeyGod, December 11, 2009, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

So, I review plays for an award show similar to the Tony's. Minneapolis has more theatre seats per capita than any other city in the US except New York. Anywho...I was assigned to review A Klingon Christmas Carol...and yes, it was in Klingon! Luckily they had supertitles (like subtitles only projected above).

I guess I just have to get that off my chest. Qapla'! (whatever the hell that means!)

HairyHeretic

Qapla' is a traditonal Klingon salutation, the literal translation being "Success!"

Is the review readable anywhere?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

HockeyGod

Mine are not, however the website for the show is at http://www.cbtheatre.org/ It was very interesting and I actually found myself laughing. It has the traditional happy ending like the Dickens classic.

It started with a Vulcan who was teaching a course at the Academy on historical literature. The "class" (audience) already discussed the Dickens version and now it was the Klingon version.

The main character was SQuja' (pronounced Scoo-cha) and had elements that I think Trekkies/Trekkers would have really liked.

Beguile's Mistress

"There are Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow.
There are Klingos on the starboard bow!  Eww!  Scrape them off!"

Oniya

I wish I lived anywhere near Minneapolis.   :-(
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.