That awkward moment when...

Started by ropedwrists, February 16, 2012, 06:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ropedwrists

...you decide to do a little Valentine's Day roleplaying, so your boyfriend ties you up naked and puts you in the back of his car, but then he pulls into a gas station and thirty people call the police.

This was on the radio this morning, just had to share.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/2-portland-jailed-after-naked-and-bound-valentines/nHcsq/#comments

Learning curve: when RPing in RL, try not to get caught doing anything that could be construed as a felony...  ::)

Mister Grimm

Excuse me while I go crack up and try not to die from chuckling so much.  ;D

Ahhh. I kind of feel sorry for them, but at least the police responded quickly and effectively. Means that if it ever happens again, but this time for real, that they'd be on the top of their game. Although... a lot can happen in those 20 minutes. D;
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

ropedwrists

Now--for the real question. Does the punishment fit the crime?

For those unfamiliar with New England, Portland is a large city in Maine. I don't believe it's as large as the capital (though I've never been to Augusta) but it's still a very busy center-of-commerce, with an airport and everything. The police spent twenty minutes combing the town for the vehicle, twenty minutes they could have spent focusing on other issues.

This couple was arrested and booked on charges of second-degree disorderly conduct. I don't really think that was necessary, though. Sure, the guy's a tool for leaving his girlfriend naked, tied up, and gagged in the back of a car while he went off and did something else. And I think the citizens were right to call the police--this could have been a much more serious problem than it actually was.

But seriously--arrested? What's wrong with "Put some clothes on ma'am, and don't let this happen again"? Sure, the couple should have footed the bill for those twenty minutes of wasted police time. But the embarassment of being caught in such a 'compromising position' (and not to mention, branded as sexual deviants by those who happened to be in the area) is more than enough to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Or if it does, maybe he'll throw a blanket over his abducted captive and tell her to lay still while he goes into a convenience store and buys a Mountain Dew.

GothicFires

What is wrong with 'put some cloths on mam' is that their actions took police time away from people who could actually use it. Plus, next time a person sees a woman tied up and naked in the back of a car they might think 'oh that woman is just role playing with her boyfriend' when in fact she is the victim of a crime and she won't get help.

If the wanted to pretend in a car they should have kept it in their garage.  C:)
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

ropedwrists

I already addressed that--they could have paid for the time taken by the police to find them. Does this mean that the next time someone sees a girl tied up naked in the back of a car, they're not going to call the police? Is the American populace really that ignorant? How often do people actually see this in their day-to-day routine--much less, twice in the same city? The odds of this happening again anytime soon are staggering. The police don't need to make an example of someone if it's about something that occurs once in a blue moon.

GothicFires

paying for the time taken by the police might be one of their punishments, but to do that in America you must be entered in to the justice system, i.e. arrested. They will get their day in court and their punishment for doing something stupid.
looking for new games

ropedwrists

Quote from: If the wanted to pretend in a car they should have kept it in their garage.  C:)
/quote]

Hold on, stop the presses. That would be so lame! I mean, it might be exciting the first time, but what about the second time?

Noooo, if you want to pretend-kidnap someone, you gotta transport them somewhere. Especially if they're naked. They need at least a little while to writhe around in those restraints and stew in their own juices. They have to feel the cuffs on their wrists and know that it's because they're not meant to interfere with what's about to happen. They have to feel the duct tape over their mouths, and know that it's because they're not meant to alert any people as to what's happening. They have to wriggle around and know that they're so sexy and beautiful, that a man would break every rule just for a taste of perfection. They have to know that they're being taken somewhere far away to be ravished and savored in peace.

There's no way to accomplish that in a stationary car in a garage!

GothicFires

That's what your imagination is for. If they really needed to move, they could have driven around the block back into their garage. People didn't need to see that woman's junk.

And if they needed realism... well they got additional bondage when they got put in handcuffs. And had this been a real abduction the man would have been arrested... so they got that too. I bet next time they will stay in their garage and make driving noises.  >:)
looking for new games

Shjade

I've discovered the problem:
QuoteA witness told police the man driving said the couple was “just having fun,” the Bureau said.
Okay, when someone sees you carting around your tied-up naked girlfriend in your car and asks about it, the correct answer is not, "Oh, we're just having fun." No, dude, you're caught. That's the time to explain everything right there. Now, granted, it's going to be pretty embarrassing for your girlfriend for you to take the duct tape off and ask her to explain everything to the nice people who are worried about her and/or possibly call the police yourselves, or something to that effect, but come on, you've got to know that someone is calling the cops on your ass at that point. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

ropedwrists

Quote from: GothicFires on February 16, 2012, 10:20:53 PM
That's what your imagination is for. If they really needed to move, they could have driven around the block back into their garage. People didn't need to see that woman's junk.

And if they needed realism... well they got additional bondage when they got put in handcuffs. And had this been a real abduction the man would have been arrested... so they got that too. I bet next time they will stay in their garage and make driving noises.  >:)

-giggles- That would be strange. Rolling around in the trunk while listening to your boyfriend go "VRRRROOOOOOMMM, puttputtputtputt VROOOOOOOM" in the front seat and trying to keep a straight face.

As for seeing the woman's junk, that's what a blanket is for. Or the trunk. But preferably a blanket, because if she's gagged with duct tape she won't be able to breath through her mouth, and if her nose clogs you'll want to be right there to intervene.

Quote from: Shjade on February 16, 2012, 10:33:39 PM
I've discovered the problem:Okay, when someone sees you carting around your tied-up naked girlfriend in your car and asks about it, the correct answer is not, "Oh, we're just having fun." No, dude, you're caught. That's the time to explain everything right there. Now, granted, it's going to be pretty embarrassing for your girlfriend for you to take the duct tape off and ask her to explain everything to the nice people who are worried about her and/or possibly call the police yourselves, or something to that effect, but come on, you've got to know that someone is calling the cops on your ass at that point. ;p

True. This reminds me of that guy who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart. Before he went after her, he kidnapped another girl and brought her to a storage unit; a cop found the woman's abandoned car and investigated. When he found the pair, the guy said "she's my girlfriend". The woman had many things to say to the contrary.

On that note, it's lucky that cop was there, and not downtown booking a couple for out-of-bounds roleplaying--i.e., entering them into the justice system, as is the American way.

In any case, he definitely should have explained to that witness (and any others standing around) that it was all just a Valentine's Day game, and maybe even ungagged the girlfriend long enough to let her confirm his story. But making a small deal of it is just going to lead others to believe that you're TRYING to make a small deal of it because you're trying to hide something.