The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: Kimera on July 13, 2013, 06:09:57 PM
I think I'm just gonna make my own, since I can't really think of a canon one I wanna play. (an alternate villain turned good perhaps)
I was thinking of maybe making an alternate version of Mystique myself
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

TamaRose

Quote from: kckolbe on July 13, 2013, 06:08:59 PM
Perfectly understandable.  So what kinda powers are you thinking of?  I can definitely see you playing someone with the ability to seduce Wolverine, with or without a banana.  ~looks at her avi again and shakes his head~  Damn.

OMG! I wasn't even thinking of that kind of powers! lol :-[ No, I want to win Logan all on my own.

At the moment my OC has Regenerative Healing Abilities, she can heal others and I am thinking of having her breathing fire since she likes dragons but maybe not. I am not sure.

kckolbe

Michi: The Marvel Wiki failed me on several of those searches, but I can say that there were some cool characters in there.  Wither is like Rogue without the sex appeal and kickassery.  Marrow is fairly interesting as well.  I'm liking these.

Ember, do you mean alternate as in alternate universe or just a Mystique-like character?

TamaRose, I don't think we have a healer in either group, so I say go for it.  This is completely up to you, but I used to toy with the idea of a character that can take health from one source (herself or others) and give it to another (again, herself or others).
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Ember Star

Mystique, but a none evil Mystique. Rather by alternate universe or her learning the error of her ways, or just giving her a little bit different history in general. I'm not sure I want second character currently, though. I just really like her.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Jag

For the ones that I listed:

Beak. Bliss. Rain Boy. Wither. Scaleface. Marrow. Sack. Boom Boom. Maggot.

Out of the ones listed, I'd most be interested in taking up Beak, Wither, Maggot, or Scaleface. Most preferably, Maggot or Scaleface.

EDIT: I haven't chosen one myself, because I'm not sure what would fit in best with the game.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Malrunar

I recommend picking who -you'll- have the most fun with, that character will be the 'best fit'. :)

Jag

That's the other problem. I'd have the most fun with all of them. >.< I don't really care which one I play. I'll be happy and have fun with all of them.

kckolbe

Yggdrasil makes a fine point.  But I am going to leave it at that.  Michi and Ember have made some progress, but I don't want to guide any further for fear of overstepping a very new position.  I'll let PP take over with you two from here. 

Tama, I am still on board to help you, as I don't see any possible issues requiring GM approval, like canon changes or "strangeness levels".  ~grins at Michi~

Michi, if you really would have fun with any of them, welcome to the game, because several of those were really interesting and doable.  I can't decide if Marrow, Wither or Boom Boom was my personal favorite.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Jag

If it comes down to it, I'll just give them all a number and roll dice. >.<

Malrunar

Let fate play her wicked games! Either way, Michi, whomever you decided to take will be a welcomed addition. :)

Ebb

Quote from: Michi No Sora on July 13, 2013, 06:54:12 PM
If it comes down to it, I'll just give them all a number and roll dice. >.<

As long as Maggot gets three numbers. Fair's fair, after all.

Jag

Quote from: Ebb on July 13, 2013, 06:56:31 PM
As long as Maggot gets three numbers. Fair's fair, after all.

*chuckles* I think that's the opposite of fair.

Either way. I rolled the dice. Not going to say person it came up as yet. Going to get to work on a Bio. I just post it here when I'm done, right?

Malrunar

Jag

AribethAmkiir

Reality Hopper: Blink
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 125 lbs
Arch-Enemies: Apocalypse, Dark Beast, Sugar-Man, Mr. Sinister
Nickname: Rissa

Powers: 
- Bio-Molecular Spatial Displacement: ability to displace matter through a type of teleportation rift, appearing as blinking holes, enabling her to move an object or people various distances and displace matter out of sync with reality. Her effective teleporting range is to the moon and back. Blink is capable of "blinking" beings or objects without reassembling them properly, catching them in a portal and temporarily splitting them into pieces. The effects of her power on living beings varies from brief unconsciousness to death.
  -  Banishing: ability to manifest the energy for her portals in the form of short javelins, which she could throw at an object to cause it to teleport. She uses this ability both offensively and defensively. Also she can send targets to multiple locations at once. At times she has teleported portions of objects.

Skills: Fluent in Spanish.  Expert with javelins and martial arts.
Bio:
Clarissa was born on Earth-295 on the island of Cartusia in the Bahamas, but her parents immigrated to the United States when she was four years old, and raised her in Miami. Although born with pointed ears, facial markings, and pink skin and purple hair, Clarissa lived a relatively normal life until the rise of Apocalypse. When Apocalypse's culling led by Mr. Sinister reached Florida, Clarissa's parents were slaughtered, but not before they hid her so that she would not be found. Clarissa was still captured and placed into the slave pens.  There, she found comfort with her only companion, the young Illyana Rasputina, and was regularly experimented on by both the Sugar-Man and the Dark Beast.

Surviving into her teenage years, Blink was rescued from the pens by Sabertooth, a member of the mutant rebels known as the X-Men, and welcomed into their number. During a period when Apocalypse was recuperating from a near-death experience on the Moon's Blue Area, the X-Men convinced the frightened Clarissa to muster up the bravery to teleport them there. They clashed with Apocalypse's Horseman Death a member of the Inhumans. With the help of the prelate Cyclops, Clarissa freed her comrades and stop Maximus' attempt to usurp control of Apocalypse's forces, destroying Apocalypse's ship in the process before returning to Earth.

Sometime later, Clarissa became a full-fledged member of the team, taking up the code named Blink. However, she was often brash and careless in her attempts to fight Apocalypses forces. After disobeying orders while attempting to stop a culling in Texas, Blink used her powers to put the Impossible Man, a diplomat from the planet Popup out of his misery after being subject to ghastly experiments by the Dark Beast. Afterward, the X-Men's leader Magneto warned Clarissa that if she acted out of line again, he would be forced to boot her out of the X-Men. Seeking to prove herself she attempted to infiltrate Apocalypse's citadel and witnessed Holocaust battling Blastaar, ruler of the Negative Zone. Believing that Blastaar's forces would make ideal allies in the X-Men's cause to defeat Apocalypse, Clarissa secretly crossed through Blastaar's portal.

Blink was among the X-Men strike force that stormed Apocalypse's citadel to get everything back, and hopefully return reality to normal. Although there were many casualties, Apocalypse was killed and Bishop went back in time to prevent the death of Charles Xavier, something that was supposed to revert reality back to normal.  Instead, the mission resulted in the divergence of Earth-616 from Earth-295, making them distinct realities. Blink survived the ordeal, and as the nuclear warheads sent by the Human High Council were about to destroy her world, Blink became unhinged in time.

Blink eventually found herself on Earth-616 and immediately sought out the X-Men.  Confused and disoriented by this new world, she became a student and has lived at the school as a regular X-Man for the last two years.
Power Grid

Intelligence: 3
Strength: 2
Speed: 2 – 7*
Durability: 2
Energy Projection: 4
Fighting Skills: 4
*Teleportation

Canon Plot Point: Blink accompanied a group of X-Men to Canada in order to assist Alpha Flight in stopping a rampage by the Hulk.
Gm Prompt: Blink has been an integral part of searching for Charles Xavier and has amongst the most driven to find the man whose mere existence prevented the terror of her world.

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 13, 2013, 07:14:24 PM
Reality Hopper: Blink
Group Affiliation: X-Men
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 125 lbs
Arch-Enemies: Apocalypse, Dark Beast, Sugar-Man, Mr. Sinister
Nickname: Rissa

Powers: 
- Bio-Molecular Spatial Displacement: ability to displace matter through a type of teleportation rift, appearing as blinking holes, enabling her to move an object or people various distances and displace matter out of sync with reality. Her effective teleporting range is to the moon and back. Blink is capable of "blinking" beings or objects without reassembling them properly, catching them in a portal and temporarily splitting them into pieces. The effects of her power on living beings varies from brief unconsciousness to death.
  -  Banishing: ability to manifest the energy for her portals in the form of short javelins, which she could throw at an object to cause it to teleport. She uses this ability both offensively and defensively. Also she can send targets to multiple locations at once. At times she has teleported portions of objects.

Skills: Fluent in Spanish.  Expert with javelins and martial arts.
Bio:
Clarissa was born on Earth-295 on the island of Cartusia in the Bahamas, but her parents immigrated to the United States when she was four years old, and raised her in Miami. Although born with pointed ears, facial markings, and pink skin and purple hair, Clarissa lived a relatively normal life until the rise of Apocalypse. When Apocalypse's culling led by Mr. Sinister reached Florida, Clarissa's parents were slaughtered, but not before they hid her so that she would not be found. Clarissa was still captured and placed into the slave pens.  There, she found comfort with her only companion, the young Illyana Rasputina, and was regularly experimented on by both the Sugar-Man and the Dark Beast.

Surviving into her teenage years, Blink was rescued from the pens by Sabertooth, a member of the mutant rebels known as the X-Men, and welcomed into their number. During a period when Apocalypse was recuperating from a near-death experience on the Moon's Blue Area, the X-Men convinced the frightened Clarissa to muster up the bravery to teleport them there. They clashed with Apocalypse's Horseman Death a member of the Inhumans. With the help of the prelate Cyclops, Clarissa freed her comrades and stop Maximus' attempt to usurp control of Apocalypse's forces, destroying Apocalypse's ship in the process before returning to Earth.

Sometime later, Clarissa became a full-fledged member of the team, taking up the code named Blink. However, she was often brash and careless in her attempts to fight Apocalypses forces. After disobeying orders while attempting to stop a culling in Texas, Blink used her powers to put the Impossible Man, a diplomat from the planet Popup out of his misery after being subject to ghastly experiments by the Dark Beast. Afterward, the X-Men's leader Magneto warned Clarissa that if she acted out of line again, he would be forced to boot her out of the X-Men. Seeking to prove herself she attempted to infiltrate Apocalypse's citadel and witnessed Holocaust battling Blastaar, ruler of the Negative Zone. Believing that Blastaar's forces would make ideal allies in the X-Men's cause to defeat Apocalypse, Clarissa secretly crossed through Blastaar's portal.

Blink was among the X-Men strike force that stormed Apocalypse's citadel to get everything back, and hopefully return reality to normal. Although there were many casualties, Apocalypse was killed and Bishop went back in time to prevent the death of Charles Xavier, something that was supposed to revert reality back to normal.  Instead, the mission resulted in the divergence of Earth-616 from Earth-295, making them distinct realities. Blink survived the ordeal, and as the nuclear warheads sent by the Human High Council were about to destroy her world, Blink became unhinged in time.

Blink eventually found herself on Earth-616 and immediately sought out the X-Men.  Confused and disoriented by this new world, she became a student and has lived at the school as a regular X-Man for the last two years.
Power Grid

Intelligence: 3
Strength: 2
Speed: 2 – 7*
Durability: 2
Energy Projection: 4
Fighting Skills: 4
*Teleportation

Canon Plot Point: Blink accompanied a group of X-Men to Canada in order to assist Alpha Flight in stopping a rampage by the Hulk.
Gm Prompt: Blink has been an integral part of searching for Charles Xavier and has amongst the most driven to find the man whose mere existence prevented the terror of her world.
pink skin? Awesome powers? Me likey ;)

kckolbe

I'm on board with Ember.  Looks great.

Intro Thread

AribethAmkiir

how's this working now?  Do I wait for official word from PP?

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 13, 2013, 07:29:23 PM
how's this working now?  Do I wait for official word from PP?
Probably best.

GhettoMagick

Hey so if I am ever gone or not poking around and if someone is interested in playing Cyclops or Emma Frost can someone let me know so I can tell them what they kinda missed?
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

kckolbe

Probably should.  I would say post away, but he did say one canon per player.

Intro Thread

Ember Star

Quote from: GhettoMagick on July 13, 2013, 07:31:05 PM
Hey so if I am ever gone or not poking around and if someone is interested in playing Cyclops or Emma Frost can someone let me know so I can tell them what they kinda missed?
I'd do one of them for you. But I don't think I'd be good at either one. Emma I might could do with some read up. Scott, I could probably pull him off fairly well actually. I'm just not overly fond of playing males in a RP where sex might occur.

Jag

Going to be honest, couldn't think of anything for the little description before his name. If anyone else has a better idea, please let me know. >.<

Creature Feature:  Maggot
Group Affiliation: X-Men, Generation X, Neutral Character
Height: 6'8''
Weight: 350lbs, with slugs. 280lbs, without slugs.
Orientation: Heterosexual
Arch-Enemies: Magneto, Mr. Sinister, Afrikaners, the Ru'Tai.
Nickname: Japh

Powers: Sentient Digestive System: Maggott's digestive system consists of two enormous, sentient, techno-organic slug-like creatures, nicknamed Eany and Meany. Whilst Maggott himself can not eat, his slugs can devour any form of matter with incredible speed. When they finish feeding, they return to his abdomen and impart the energy from the matter they absorbed into Maggott’s body. This energy nourishes Maggott, temporarily granting him enhanced strength and turning his skin blue. If Maggott is separated from the slugs for an extended period of time, he becomes extremely weak and risks death.

Maggott's slugs can act autonomously from him and appear to be highly intelligent. They communicate with him via a telepathic rapport, and are extremely sensitive to magic.
Skills:
Enhanced strength and durability (made even greater after Eany and Meany feed depending on what they feed on).
Psychometric Recall: Can reveal the past events of the objects they absorbed to Maggott, also it allows him to read the past events of a certain area.
Speaks fluent Afrikaans, a West Germanic language, spoken natively in South Africa.
Bio: Born the youngest of five in a small South African village, he never grew at the same rate as his siblings. He was constantly ill and threw up every bit of food that was given to him. There were many times he couldn't even keep down water. His family feared he would die slowly and painfully from starvation if something wasn't done. The family could not afford doctors to treat him, but the few times they did see him, they stated he had some form of stomach cancer.

Unable to bear the pains that sent him into shock most days anymore and the burden he was on his family, Japheth ran away at the age of twelve, intending to commit suicide in the desert. It was there that a man saved his life. He came down from the sky and sliced open Japheth's stomach, revealing the cause of his pain. Out came Eany and Meany. The beasts who had squirmed and fought to free themselves for twelve years from his body. They fed and returned to him like well trained dogs. The moment they reentered his body, Japheth had never felt better in his life. The pain was gone.

The man revealed himself to be a mutant named Magneto and expressed interest in the young boy joining his cause. Japheth, ever loyal to his family, said he could never leave them again the way he had before. With that in mind, the pair traveled back to his village only to find that the rebel group known as the Afrikaners had killed his father and taken the rest of the villagers as prisoners. Japheth begged Magneto to help them and the man did...by slaughtering everyone. Filled with anger, hate, and disgust he swore he'd never join Magneto. The man told him that he would change his mind one day.

Two years later, Japheth met a geneticist named Nathanial Essex who expressed interest in helping the strange colored mutant. Eany and Meany fed five or more times a day and to do so they had to tear through his stomach and then burrow back in. It caused him horrible pain and was a terrible mess (what with the blood and all). Essex made a deal with him. All Japheth had to do was hand over a DNA sample and Essex promised to make it easier for the slugs to feed. Japheth agreed, willing to do anything to ease the pain. Essex installed a door type panel into his abdomen after carving out his insides to make space for the two growing creatures. The panel was made of bullet proof glass and could be opened and closed to allow the creatures out.

Japheth was thankful, at first, but later found out that Essex was not the great man he claimed to be. It was only after traveling with several other mutant groups that he learned Essex was also known as Mr. Sinister. He's yet to track the man down, becoming sidetracked when Eany and Meany are accused of killing a member of the mutant group he was with at the time. It was later revealed that the slug like leader of the  the Ru'Tai was the one behind the killing. The monster was never caught and Japheth fled the group, fearing they would try to kill Eany and Meany. He soon ended up at the Xavier Institute.

Now in his late teens, he spends most of his time at the Institute. He still intends on finding Magneto one day, as well as Mr. Sinister and  the Ru'Tai. But for now, he would prefer to spend his time flirting with girls.

Personality:
Maggot: Despite the hardships in his life, Japheth remains open minded and enjoys every second of every day. He's out going, boastful, and not shy when it comes to girls. He's fiercely loyal to his friends. The only worry he has is that the Ru'Tai will come back and Eany and Meany will be in danger again. He's also shy, at first, when meeting a girl and telling her what his ability is as most have a bad reaction to the thought of it. But once he gets to know them, he opens up easily.

Eany: Eany only wants what is best for Japheth. He wants Japheth to be happy and find love one day. He's also a terrible flirt, always crawling up to pretty women and cooing, purring, and clicking at them. He doesn't understand why they usually scream or kick at him, or run away. He just wants to be pet.

Meany: Meany, likewise, wants what is best for Japheth. However, she becomes horrible jealous when he flirts with women or when Eany tries to as well. She knows that no woman will ever really accept Japheth and she only wants to spare him the heartbreak. Because of that, she usually tries to chase women off, even going as far as to lash out at them.

Power Grid

Intelligence: 2
Strength: 2-4*
Speed: 3
Durability: 2-4*
Energy Projection: 1
Fighting Skills: 3
*Heightened strength when empowered by slugs

GM Plot: Japheth was living with a small group of mutants when he first entered America. Several of the mutant girls turned up brutally murdered. The group knew Japheth was a flirt and what his slugs, Eany and Meany, could do. They accused him of going off the deep end when the girls rejected him and having his creatures kill them. Japheth witnessed one of the murders and claimed it was a group of slug like demons. He even found out they were called the Ru'Tai, but no one believed him. Japheth fears that the Ru'Tai are some how related to Eany and Meany. He also fears that the Ru'Tai and their slug like leader, Pilgrimm, will come back one day and his friends, Eany and Meany, will be in danger again.

Canon Plot: Japheth feels unappreciated by the X-Men. If it weren't for Eany and Meany, he would be nothing more than an average man with strangely colored skin. With the help of (1) X-Man or Student, he's becoming stronger and more intelligent.

Malrunar

Excellent choice, Michi! He'll be awesome! ;D

GhettoMagick

It's okay boo, you don't have to Im just saying if someone is interested and I am at work or something I'd rather them PM so I can fill them in on what they've missed instead of them making a character and bio and throwing everything off that has nothing to do or contradicts what has happened ya know?
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)