Gotei 13; Interest check

Started by Primarch, November 07, 2015, 01:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

I would be interested in starting a "Bleach" game focused on the Gotei 13/set primarily within Soul Society.

• The game will be largely sandbox in nature, so players are encouraged to be interested in forming their story and plot (or rather working with others to develop one).
  • All OC characters
  • Characters shall primarily be Shinigami/Soul Reapers. To stop the game from being spread too thin we will limit the Divisions at the start to Squads 3, 4, 11, 12. More will open in time.
  • Secondary characters can be taken up to provide a threat which Shinigami can respond too, these characters should be created for once off/limited appearances and intended to be "killed off." A 'short-app' will be provided for their creation. More types of villain will be opened up in time.
  • All Captain's & Lieutenants may have achieved Bankai.

Open/Reserved Roles:

3rd Division - Stealth Force
Captain:
Lieutenant:
3rd Seat:
4th Seat:
5th Seat:

4th Division - Medical & Relief
Captain:
Lieutenant:
3rd Seat:
4th Seat:
5th Seat:

11th Division - Melee Combat
Captain: Reserved for Primarch
Lieutenant:
3rd Seat:
4th Seat:
5th Seat:

12th Squad - Research & Development
Captain:
Lieutenant:
3rd Seat:
4th Seat:
5th Seat:

Character Sheet:
[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Division:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[spoiler][center][img]image url here[/img][/center][/spoiler]

[b]Strengths:[/b][list]
[*]Strength + Description
[*]Strength + Description[/list]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] [list]
[*]Weakness + Description
[*]Weakness + Description  [/list]

[b]Zanpakutō:[/b]
[i]Name:[/i]
[i]Shikai[/i] Release Phrase
Description

[i]Bankai[/i] Release Phrase
Description   

[b]History:[/b]
Paragraph form please

Hollow Short App:
[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Threat:[/b] Scale of 1-10, 1 being standard, easily dispatched Hollow, 10 being Captain level Adjuchas
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[spoiler][center][img]image url here[/img][/center][/spoiler]

[b]Strengths:[/b][list]
[*]Strength + Description[/list]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] [list]
[*]Weakness + Description  [/list]

[b]Special Abilities:[/b] - Copy/Paste Name & Description as necessary
[i]Name:[/i]
[i]Description:[/i]

So then, questions/comments/interest?

ShadowFox89

Eh, why not. I'm going to try and recycle a character from an old game. Which mdans there will be some edits that need to be done.

Player: ShadowFox89
Name: Shihoin Shinobu 忍
Nicknames: The Silent Gale, Captain Quiet, Three Strikes Shinobu
Division: Formerly 2nd Division, 8th Division, and currently 6th Division
Rank: 1st Lieutenant (formerly, 2nd and 8th), Captain (currently, 6th division)
Appearance: Shinobu is a bit of a mystery in appearance. While he, or she, has been a long time member of the Gotei 13, Shinobu has almost never been seen outside of her heavy, body concealing dark blue cloak. Those that have seen him outside of his cloak usually only get to see a hand, or mouth, before she vanishes back into the sanctity of her darkness. Shinobu's eyes can be seen from within the hood of the cloak, his eyes are a bright, almost disarmingly blue. Shinobu's gender is subject to a good deal of gossip. There are those in Squad Six who think that he is a guy, and thus try to pair him with one of the female captains. Then there are those who believe Shinobu is a woman, and thus try to pair her up with the 5th Division Captain, usually in some sort of Dom/Sub relationship. Her twin zanpakuto sit hidden within his sleeves, easily accessible when needed yet still hidden away so as to appear unarmed.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Strengths:
Hohö Master: Quick, silent. Shinobu is a master of movement even for a captain. While not matching the incredible speeds of the Captain-Commander, he lives up to the two nicknames of The Silent Gale and Three Strikes Shinobu. Like the first, her movements while using shunpo are virtually undetectable, helped not in the least by his heavy cloak. The second is a bit more unique, in that those who have sparred with Shinobu claimed to have been struck three times in a single blow, even when those watching only witness one strike.

Zanjutsu Master: Shinobu is a skilled swordsmaster, utilizing finesse over raw power. His fighting style involves a good deal of acrobatics, event from within the confines of her cloak, utilizing spins and jumps to avoid an enemy's blow. Watching her fight has been called "enthralling", as if watching leaves spin in the wind.

Hidden Form: The heavy cloak Shinobu wears has a two-fold effect. First, it serves  to conceal his physical body and hide how she appears to the outside world. Secondly, it acts as a spiritual barrier, keeping her spiritual energy contained. There are some rumors that, due to the drawback of her zanpakuto, Shinobu's physical body has actually eroded away. Then, there are other less serious rumors, that her cloak is actually a portal to a pocket dimension.

Weaknesses:
Uncontrolled Spiritual Pressure: Shinobu possesses a powerful spiritual pressure, easily equal to that of other captains, but doesn't have as much skill at controlling such pressure. Without her cloak to keep the energy in check, there is no telling what kind of damage could be done. To add to that, even the most unskilled at detecting spiritual pressure would be able to locate him with pinpoint accuracy, including hollows and more powerful foes.

Kidou Deficiency: Connected to his lack of control over her own spiritual pressure, Shinobu lacks any real control over most forms of Kidou. Most attempted have too much power fed into them, and the results are generally too dangerous for those around.

Familial Duties:[/u] Shinobu is the only child of the current head of the Shihoin Household. As such, he is expected to live up to the expectations required from a member of one of the Four Noble Households. This includes utmost respect for seniors and adhering to the laws of authority. As well, Shinobu is expected to hold loyalty to both the Shihoin, the Captain-Commander, and Central 46.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Kamaitachi 鎌鼬
Shikai Erase 消す, Kamaitachi's shikai takes the form of a pair of blades that smoothly curve inwards. The abilities of it's shikai are fairly simple, greatly increasing Shinobu's speed and strength to such a degree that ever blow carries the force of a hundred hurricanes and the speed of a thousand tornadoes.
Shikai Second Form: Arashinome (dead eye of the storm). In it's second form, Kamaitachi's blades become a pair of long bladed kama attached to chains, which Shinobu spins to throw and attack with. While this form lacks the general speed and power of the first form, it makes up for that. It's range increases greatly, to a distance of about a hundred yards, and the twin kama allows Shinobu to attack a multitude of foes without having to move. In addition, the power of the zanpakuto becomes focused directly into the edge of the blades, causing explosions of rending winds whenever they strike.

Bankai "Rip asunder the Heavens in thunderous fury." "Kaminari no yōna ikari de barabarani ten o saku."
Shinobu's Bankai can only be activated while he is outside of his reiatsu suppressing cloak. Three large chains attach themselves to her back, a four bladed kusari-gama attached to each. The kusari-gama in either hand remain from the shikai form, though now they possess a similar four blades, curving in one direction between gently curving the other way. Lightning crackles around his body, and every being within several miles can feel the crackle of electricity in the air as a storm builds around Shinobu. The longer the battle goes on,  the larger and fiercer the storm grows. As the storm grows, the blades at Shinobu's back spin faster and faster, creating thunderous arcs of electricity. The area within the storm is her field of power, allowing him to travel to wherever the lightning strikes, while also enabling her to charge his attacks with the bolts.

The storm is actually reishi that has been converted into electricity, causing the fierce winds and destructive lightning. By allowing the lightning to strike him, Shinobu takes in the spirit particles and empowers her own abilities. There are drawbacks of course, as Shinobu is still very young for a captain. While the storm does grow more powerful as time goes on, Shinobu slowly begins to lose control over it. Several minutes is currently how long he can keep the storm contained, attempting to go more than that risks the storm spreading wildly and causing untold damage. Additionally, forcing her body to take in reishi is extremely taxing and deadly, potentially causing damage from a backlash of energy. Shinobu has only used her bankai three times in the past, and the third time ended when he shorted himself out and ended up hospitalized for several weeks.

History: Shinobu was born to the Shihoin household as the eldest and only child. Born already with an immense potential pool of reishi, the Head of the Shihoin family decided it would be best for him to be trained within the family, then the connections as a noble family would be used to give Shinobu a seat on one of the 13 squads. Because of this, Shinobu grew up with little in the way of friends, or even little in the way of interaction outside of the Shihoin complex. She was taught all the basic skills needed for a shinigami, though it was quickly found that kido would be dangerous and potential fatal to himself as he had little control over such abilities.

Still, the day came when Shinobu was deemed ready to enter the Thirteen Court Guard Squads. Joining was fairly simple, being a member of one of the noble houses meant Shinobu could simply bypass the academy entirely. She was assigned to Squad 11, which fit with his swordskill. Quickly, however, she was transferred to Squad 8, where he stayed for a number of years. It was within Squad 8 that Shinobu began to develop his bankai in secret, taking every chance possible to begin to tame the three brothers of Kamaitachi. Shinobu had barely begun to bring Kamaitachi under control, when he was promoted to lieutenant of 8th division.

Shinobu spent several more years in her position as lieutenant, always showing proper respect for his captain, and assisting when needed with the duties of the squad. However, when the current Captain-Commander assumed her role and Ryou Kurosawa took up the role of Captain of second division, Shinobu was transferred to fill the vacancy. This didn't last long, as the captain of squad 6 retired, wishing a new generation to take the helm of soul society. Around this time, Captain-Commander Megami bore witness to Shinobu managing to at least somewhat tame Kamaitachi, and promoted him to captain of division 6.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Delighted to see some interest. If you want to take a look at the above and tweak the character to adapt to the game set up I can give the character a once over when ready.