News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sometimes I hate my state

Started by ShrowdedPoet, June 24, 2008, 09:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrowdedPoet

Arkansas man made national news after he beat his mother with a homemade club, ductaped her, and tied her up because her dog killed his pet skunk Cocoa.  He then hid in the attic.  Police shot him with a beanbag gun and the arrested him.

WHAT?  Arkansas makes horrible national news! 

This was brought to you by an avid listener to the Cory and J show 100.3 Little Rock AR.

Arkansas man was sentensed to 8 years in prision after he beat his mother with a baseball bat.  The man told plice he did it because his mom sole his beer.

. . .

This was brought to you by an avid listener to the Cory and J show 100.3 Little Rock AR.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Cecilia

There's  yet another reason to not move to Arkansas.  Thanks for the affirmation. 

ShrowdedPoet

Arkansas is not a bad place. . .all the news that comes out of Arkansas on the other hand. . .*shakes head*
Ons and Offs

Cecilia

Perhaps that has more to say about "the news" then....

The Overlord

That one is just plain heinous; clearly a Darwin Award runner up because the cops should have shot him with real bullets.  >:(

Idiocy comes from anywhere, but the South has some of the most preposterous stories in the US, this one is my all-time favorite-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

Idej

I hate to say this, but I feel a bit more comfortable about my state.  Then again I do not live in the interesting part of it.  I only live in Southwestern Idaho, and boy nothing happens there and it is a fucking desert.  I'd prefer the Eastern and Nothern parts of Idaho.  The only good thing is that things like that do not happen as much as far as I know.

Then again the News seems to exaggerate stuff like that, or put bad rep. on another state due to stereotyping, so while I may not know what it is like, you have my empathies ShrowdedPoet for the shit that goes on there at times that makes Arkansas feel like a bad place to those who do not see the picture.

Zakharra

N. Idaho isn't bad. The scenery is beautiful and it's still relatively under populated. We have water, one of the largest lakes in the US, a world class ski resort and other touristy places.

Idej

Ahh, so there is another Idahoan here on Elliquiy.  Interesting, very interesting.

Paradox

You know, "beanbag gun" just sounds silly. If a cop were to threaten me with one, I'd think of a large, plushy chair and laugh at him, then continue committing whatever crime he was trying to stop me from committing. They ought to at least give it a better name.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Paradox on July 03, 2008, 10:55:25 AM
You know, "beanbag gun" just sounds silly. If a cop were to threaten me with one, I'd think of a large, plushy chair and laugh at him, then continue committing whatever crime he was trying to stop me from committing. They ought to at least give it a better name.

*laughs at Para*  He was hiding and they shot him with it to get him to come out. . .but I agree.  I don't know if they told him it was a beanbag gun though. . .coulda just shot him. 

Arkansas is a beautiful place to live.  Up North is just amazing!  That's where I perfer to live and have lived before.  But currently I'm in my home county of Phillips.  I hated growing up here. . .I hate living here now.  It's in Southern Arkansas and that's when things start going downhill.  It's still beautiful. . .but people are horrible and there's really NOTHING there.  A whole bunch of feilds and tractors. . .and hicks.  People who don't know how to read, don't care that they don't know how to read, talk horribly, and are just ignorant.  Alot of people who dropped out of school in the 8th or 9th grade.  Alot of people who should be in the 12th grade but are still in the 8th or 9th grade.  *sighs* 
Ons and Offs

Idej

That is very sad about the education over there man.  You have my empathy.