Shin Megami Tensei Roleplay interest check

Started by Saikotsu, July 10, 2012, 03:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

MzHyde

Quote from: Mossberg on July 13, 2012, 02:06:04 PM
I vote no dice. Or at the very least a system that is easy to use and understand. I haven't used any systems on here as of yet.

I have a system that's easy to understand, but might use a little tweaking. I've never used any 'real' dice systems (like D&D or whatever) myself. But it's just a suggestion. I'll go along with whatever is decided upon.  ;D

who149

I'd cast my vote for either Freeform, or Light System. Either way I think we should keep dice rolling to a minimum, and focus more on the role playing aspect.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Saikotsu

Hmm. Alright everyone, I'm almost ready to start the character thread. I hope you all had a nice weekend. Also, one last thing I'm debating is whether I want to partition the day into segments like the games or not.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

who149

Might be an interesting Idea. I'd say give it a try.

Ons and offs!

SpiralSpider

*kicks self*

Don't know how I missed this thread in the last few days. I'm pretty much the biggest Persona fan in the world. (I kid, I kid)

I've played all the American releases from Revelations through P3 FES - though I haven't had a chance to get my hands on 4 yet and I've only seen a few episodes of Trinity Soul.

I read only a few responses down and want to throw my hat in for the Indian pantheon before things get set in stone. I would prefer to have Sarasvati if we can only have one - but keep in mind that there wasn't always the "wild card" aspect as P3 had. (Meaning sometimes all the characters could have multiple personas in stead of just one) Similarly, one pantheon didn't always hold an overall theme to the personas used in the game. But I guess I'm spoiled having played so many of them and researched into it so much for the tabletop system I've created...

I vote freeform or only go light on dice, simply for ease of writing and what-not.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Saikotsu

Well, as far as a theme for the personas, that was and still is optional. I've suggested Norse, and several others have been suggested as well. I'm going to leave it optional. If you want to follow a theme with the others you can, but you are not required to. Gives the players more freedom that way. As for having only one, lets go with that. Makes things simple. Sound good everyone?
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

SpiralSpider

Alternatively, you could find a happy-medium.

In Revelations, characters could have up to 3 summons equipped at one time and shift between them. This game could let each character have 3 personae (perhaps starting with one?) and all keep within 3 set theme/pantheon.

Just a suggestion.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Mossberg

I think that one will be enough. Although maybe we can have multiple pantheons for those that like certain ones?
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

BlackestKnight

Does anyone have any idea as to what kind of plot we're looking at here?

MzHyde

Saikotsu

Well, i did mention a bit in an earlier post but ill do some recap. Mz.Hyde was mostly correct. Shortly after school starts, students who are playing a popular video game start disappearing. The party becomes involved and its up to them to figure out whats going on and put an end to it. The events of this game take place four years after the events of persona 3 fes (including aigis' storyline) which i believe is one or two years after persona 4.  I am also taking inspiration from the devil survivor series which is another megamitensei series. For those of you familiar with .hack //gu, you may notice some influences. That said this is a PERSONA game and is not intended as a crossover of any kind.
- a friend

who149

So basically a Persona 4 sort of deal where we get go into a game. I take it we jump in and out of it frequently and go to classes like normal students?  Or are we in the game the entire time?

Also: Are we Limited to Persona from just the Persona games? Demons from all Shin Megami Tensei? Or any God/Mythlogical figure with your Approval.  Because I have basically 2 characters whom would use either a Beserker, or the Norse God Bragi (god of Poetry and Wisdom). One of which isn't in Persona, and the other that isn't featured in any game at all.

Ons and offs!

krakenknight

What about Legendary heroes My char's persona was going to be "Merlin" as a magician persona.

TheHangedOne

Oh god, how did this escape my notice!? Please, please say their's room for one more.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Mossberg

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 17, 2012, 02:50:46 AM
Oh god, how did this escape my notice!? Please, please say their's room for one more.
If I was thinking I would have told you about it.
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Mossberg on July 17, 2012, 02:51:45 AM
If I was thinking I would have told you about it.
No worries, man. No harm done.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Saikotsu

I've posted the character thread in the non-adult roleplays forum. I'll provide links when I get near a computer, im posting from my phone. Anyway, I intend for the players to go to school, so yes, youll be going back and forth. as for limitations, I've outlined them a bit in the character thread.
- a friend

Rayve13

Is there still room for anyone else? This snuck by me as well, and I'd love to be involved, though I understand if the player limit has been reached.

Saikotsu

- a friend

Saikotsu

Here are the various links to the threads that have been posted.

IC thread: <to be added soon>

Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=146417.0

OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=146688.msg6621532#msg6621532
- a friend

Rayve13

Excellent! I'll try to get something up tomorrow. Couple of quick questions:

1: Are we sticking with existing Persona, or can we create our own?

2: Have you considered allowing Personas to upgrade later, in the manner of the NPCs in P3?

Saikotsu

I believe I said somewhere (most likely the character thread itself) that you can do anything so long as i approve it. For instance i have brunhildr, which to my knowledge is not a canon persona. In regards to the second, I have considered it, but we'll deal with that when we get there.
- a friend